Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Do I Need An International Passport To Travel To Ghana By Road? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do I Need An International Passport To Travel To Ghana By Road? (2079 Views)

My Experience Traveling From Nigeria To Ghana By Road And Why I Run Back After / New Nigeria International Passport To Cost N70,000 - Immigration Service / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need An International Passport To Travel To Ghana By Road? by Mizjemie25: 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
hello Nlanders, I'm considering traveling to Ghana by road for a few days. what documents do I need to avoid harassment from border officials?

what's the best transport company to use.. will be traveling from Lagos.

urgent response is needed. thanks
Re: Do I Need An International Passport To Travel To Ghana By Road? by bigtt76(f): 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
No you don't need one but it would be preferable and cheaper to begin traveling with your passport. Using National ID, National Driver's Licence and National Voters Card would cost you more.

You can travel with ABC, Cross Country, Chisco, EFEX or GUO (there are others though) but make sure you don't travel with an unknown transport company. Traveling with these transporters would ensure your easy clearance at the border, using other private transporters (like those at Maza Maza or Mile 2), you will have to clear yourself. I hope this helps.

Mizjemie25:
hello Nlanders, I'm considering traveling to Ghana by road for a few days. what documents do I need to avoid harassment from border officials?

what's the best transport company to use.. will be traveling from Lagos.

urgent response is needed. thanks
Re: Do I Need An International Passport To Travel To Ghana By Road? by Mizjemie25: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
bigtt76:
No you don't need one but it would be preferable and cheaper to begin traveling with your passport. Using National ID, National Driver's Licence and National Voters Card would cost you more.

You can travel with ABC, Cross Country, Chisco, EFEX or GUO (there are others though) but make sure you don't travel with an unknown transport company. Traveling with these transporters would ensure your easy clearance at the border, using other private transporters (like those at Maza Maza or Mile 2), you will have to clear yourself. I hope this helps.

thanks for the response, it sure did.
Re: Do I Need An International Passport To Travel To Ghana By Road? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
Not important but have a valid ID.. The price for passport holder will be different
Re: Do I Need An International Passport To Travel To Ghana By Road? by bigtt76(f): 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2018

(1) (Reply)

REAL Snake On A Plane / See How Nigerians Seek Asyllum Under Harsh Conditions In South Africa (photos) / Kenya Visa At The POE For A Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.