Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? (3683 Views)

What Are The Steps To Take When Buying Car Online (new Or Used) / Honda Accord Car Stereo Right Front & Rear Side Speakers Malfunctions / Car Stereo right front & rear Side Speakers Malfunctions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
So I changed both front and rear engine mounts this weekend; both were broken. The front mostly affected.

As my usual custom, I took out both parts and took them to Gudu and subsequently Apo parts market. My plan was to get "direct belgium" replacements especially for the front mount which is computer controlled. I had read online of some people who used aftermarket front mounts and had unecessary noise/vibrations.
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2018
I first went to Gudu which sells mostly new parts because one of my parts guys had told me he had "direct belgium" mounts.
On getting there, in typical part seller fashion he brought used aftermarket parts and tried to convince me they were used OEM angry
After a quick comparison with the broken one he admitted trying to be dubious. Waste of my time grin
I headed to Apo Market.

2 Likes

Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
Apo Market sells mostly used parts.
The seller I met had both direct Belgium aka used OEM and used aftermarket mounts.
His advice is actually why I opened this thread.
He said there's a particular brand of used aftermarket that he will give me a warranty on. He vouched that even the front mount of this aftermarket will run without vibrations and last as long.
I didn't want to take the risk, but was tempted since he would have made more money on the OEM but was recommending the aftermarket.

In the end, I got the OEM for the front and an aftermarket for the rear. Fitted them, no issues, no vibrations.

2 Likes

Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 7:09pm On Jan 21, 2018
Don't know if anyone has had an experience with an aftermarket front mount?
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by ray48: 7:58pm On Feb 10, 2018
Oga Piyke. Kindly indicate ur tel no for us to add u to our Auto What’s App group. U seem very cerebral. We will be glad to have u there.
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 9:35am On Feb 11, 2018
ray48:
Oga Piyke. Kindly indicate ur tel no for us to add u to our Auto What’s App group. U seem very cerebral. We will be glad to have u there.

Replied your email
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by ray48: 8:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
Piyke:

Replied your email

Thanks. Have replied u back
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by adanny01(m): 10:29pm On Feb 12, 2018
With the aftermarket, you will be back to status quo very soon. I replaced both front and back about 3yrs ago, back is still intact but front leaked its oil December but i dont have vibrations.

The last time i changed the mounts, i wasnt satisfied, there was still vibrations until i changed valve cover gasket. I believe that increased engine vacuum which also increased the vacuum to the front mount.

Very bad mounts will give an engine thud when starting from zero. Even though mine has leaked oil, it has not cut. I will still manage it till it cuts since there is no vibrations.

My friend who uses 2008 accord got tired of replacing mounts with aftermarket, as soon as he got a used oem mount, its still intact 2yrs after. Non of the aftermarket lasted 6 months.
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
adanny01:
With the aftermarket, you will be back to status quo very soon. I replaced both front and back about 3yrs ago, back is still intact but front leaked its oil December but i dont have vibrations.

The last time i changed the mounts, i wasnt satisfied, there was still vibrations until i changed valve cover gasket. I believe that increased engine vacuum which also increased the vacuum to the front mount.

Very bad mounts will give an engine thud when starting from zero. Even though mine has leaked oil, it has not cut. I will still manage it till it cuts since there is no vibrations.

My friend who uses 2008 accord got tired of replacing mounts with aftermarket, as soon as he got a used oem mount, its still intact 2yrs after. Non of the aftermarket lasted 6 months.

Thanks for this. I suspected that poor aftermarkets may have issues especially the front. However, the OEM I put in front has a minor leak, no vibrations just yet. Will continue to monitor and see what next.
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by radautoworks: 3:40am On Jul 03, 2018
So what happened??
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 8:03am On Jul 03, 2018
radautoworks:
So what happened??

Nothing just yet! Still minor leak or should I say seepage. BTW do you have the front mount for the 2003 Accord LX 2.4L?

1 Like

Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by captainking(m): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2018
ray48:
08140077394.. Pls add me to the group..
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by captainking(m): 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2018
ray48:
08140077394.. Pls add me to the group.. .
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Totleowi(m): 11:14am On Jul 04, 2018
08062480844. please add me to the group.
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by radautoworks: 3:15am On Jul 29, 2018
Piyke:

Nothing just yet! Still minor leak or should I say seepage. BTW do you have the front mount for the 2003 Accord LX 2.4L?

You won't believe I'm just seeing this!

CARQUEST/Anchor Hydraulic Front Engine Mount
N44,256 1 rear warranty
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=ANM&partNumber=9247
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 1:10pm On Dec 27, 2019
Some updates....

So the used OEM finally broke and I replaced it with the the below...

Piyke:
The seller I met had both direct Belgium aka used OEM and used aftermarket mounts.
He said there's a particular brand of used aftermarket that he will give me a warranty on. He vouched that even the front mount of this aftermarket will run without vibrations and last as long.
I didn't want to take the risk, but was tempted since he would have made more money on the OEM but was recommending the aftermarket.

In the end, I got the OEM for the front and an aftermarket for the rear. Fitted them, no issues, no vibrations.

Alas, the 'reputable aftermarket' had some vibration when at a stop with the transmission in D and AC on (e.g. At a red light). I just didn't like the Fred Flinstone massage angry.

To be honest, it wasn't that pronounced but certainly not something I could leave with. Drove it for some months and finally decided enough is enough. Yesterday, I switched back to used OEM again and it's all nice and smooth smiley. The rough massager wasn't broken when I brought it out. It was still good.
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by radautoworks: 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2019
And how much have you spent so far on all the ones you've bought.
Piyke:
Some updates....

So the used OEM finally broke and I replaced it with the the below...

Alas, the 'reputable aftermarket' had some vibration when at a stop with the transmission in D and AC on (e.g. At a red light). I just didn't like the Fred Flinstone massage angry.

To be honest, it wasn't that pronounced but certainly not something I could leave with. Drove it for some months and finally decided enough is enough. Yesterday, I switched back to used OEM again and it's all nice and smooth smiley. The rough massager wasn't broken when I brought it out. It was still good.

1 Like

Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by AshipaEk0: 6:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
Lol

Good question

1 Like

Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 7:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
radautoworks:
And how much have you spent so far on all the ones you've bought.

About 40k. Should have a trip to the US sometime and will pick up the OEM...
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by radautoworks: 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
Piyke:

About 40k. Should have a trip to the US sometime and will pick up the OEM...

My point exactly. Ours was 44k and had a warranty...

1 Like

Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 7:30pm On Dec 27, 2019
radautoworks:

My point exactly. Ours was 44k and had a warranty...

I looked at the Anchor brand (Anchor 9247) and didn't like the reviews I found online. From early failures to vibrations...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B0031HE0BY/ref=cm_cr_unknown?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by radautoworks: 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2019
Piyke:

I looked at the Anchor brand (Anchor 9247) and didn't like the reviews I found online. From early failures to vibrations...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B0031HE0BY/ref=cm_cr_unknown?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&pageNumber=1

Okay o but we swear by anchor and Moog. That's why we offer the warranties we do.
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by aaidel(m): 3:04am On Dec 29, 2019
Piyke:
I first went to Gudu which sells mostly new parts because one of my parts guys had told me he had "direct belgium" mounts.
On getting there, in typical part seller fashion he brought used aftermarket parts and tried to convince me they were used OEM angry
After a quick comparison with the broken one he admitted trying to be dubious. Waste of my time grin
I headed to Apo Market.

please where is this Apo market is it close to resettlement?
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2019
aaidel:

please where is this Apo market is it close to resettlement?

It's on the same road but further down. You can search for it on Google maps using "Apo spare parts" or "mechanic village, apo"
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by aaidel(m): 3:10am On Dec 30, 2019
Piyke:

It's on the same road but further down. You can search for it on Google maps using "Apo spare parts" or "mechanic village, apo"

ok thank you very much
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 2:27pm On May 03, 2020
So I have just done a video on how to catch those dubious part sellers who try to sell APPEARANCE front engine mounts for the 2003 - 2007 Accord in the name of OEM.
Hope it helps someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LKqj9_NqU
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 03, 2020
Piyke:

You should have gone OEM for the rear and aftermarket for the front. You most likely would not have experienced the vibrations at red lights.
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 8:47pm On May 03, 2020
rationalmind:

You should have gone OEM for the rear and aftermarket for the front. You most likely would not have experienced the vibrations at red lights.

This is wrong. The front mount is computer controlled and is the main one to keep OEM if you want to keep vibrations away.
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 03, 2020
Piyke:

This is wrong. The front mount is computer controlled and is the main one to keep OEM if you want to keep vibrations away.

I had vibrations at red lights when I installed aftermarket mounts. Went online and found the following threads on acurazine. Followed the recommendations, changed my rear to OEM and vibrations were gone.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/aftermarket-motor-mounts-causing-vibration-966175/

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/heavy-vibration-after-changing-xlr8-mounts-922409/
Re: Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? by Piyke: 9:52pm On May 03, 2020
rationalmind:

I had vibrations at red lights when I installed aftermarket mounts. Went online and found the following threads on acurazine. Followed the recommendations, changed my rear to OEM and vibrations were gone.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/aftermarket-motor-mounts-causing-vibration-966175/

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/heavy-vibration-after-changing-xlr8-mounts-922409/

I have OEM front, aftermarket rear and not having vibrations. But, I must say the view from the article is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

Is Total Quartz 9000 5w40 Full Synthetic? / Volvo Enthusiasts Association Nigeria "2021 Annual Get Together". / How Much Is 2008 Toyota Hiace, Okm, Diesel Engine In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.