Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? (1872 Views)

Masquerade Seen Quoting The Scriptures In Enugu State (Photos, Video) / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
johnydon22:

Do you at all understand what science is?
Do you understand God at all? Do you him?
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by vaxx: 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
johnydon22:

Define science

If you did understand science i doubt if you would ask a question such as this..

can you shed more light on this....this is what i understood about life creation according to science..... the fundamental unit of life is derived from the chemicals called amino acids. amino acids can form naturally either in a lightning strikes and other energetic phenomena but
how did we get from amino acids to RNA, the fundamental unit of advanced life......what about the doctor catfishbelly and agentofallah?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by vaxx: 7:09pm On Jan 22, 2018
Eldavis:
Hmmmm…..
For u too be in or belong in a particular religion, you must hav a reason, dere must b somtin dat makes dat religion difft dat makes u want too belive
As for me I dnt nid to quote the bible to tell u dere is a God…
Hav u eva prayed? For somtin in particular n u gt it?
Hav u eva been sick n u prayed within mins d pains were gone?
Hav u eva experience peace when u tot it would neva come to u

If dere is no God… den who ans d prayers?
Who made healthy wen u prayed for healing?
Who gave u dat tin u prayed ?

Apart frm all dis, u see miracles day by day…
U read dem, u hear of dem, som science hav nt been able to explain……

Wit all dat even without reading the bible to see his works…. Dat alone should tell u somtin
you do not need to explain all these.....most atheist are materialistic .....they want to touch and see God before they can be satisfy that God exist or perhaps every new born baby should come with a labelled that will read '' made from GOD''

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Eldavis(m): 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2018
vaxx:
you do not need to explain all these.....most atheist are materialistic .....they want to touch and see God before they can be satisfy that God exist or perhaps every new born baby should come with a labelled that will read '' made from GOD''

Lmao…… yea

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by danvon(m): 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
Well can you see Air? can you feel it? how are you sure you were not brainwashed by some stupid scientists to believe it's existence how can it be real if you can't see it? and you're supposed to need it to live? something you can't feel..stupid scientists

I won't argue that 1+1=2 so I won't argue that God exist

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by preshdiva(f): 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2018
Logic says, there is no God because I cannot see him, but Logic does not see the air he breathes in and out, but doesn't doubt he breathes, logic says, man evolved and was never created but fails to tell us why the evolutionary trend paused for numerous centuries, Logic says, the universe made man but fails to tell us who made the universe... Isn't that sheer foolery?

I don't need to quote the Bible, return to your history books. History texts record the life and times of Jesus, the disciples and the Church. History texts record the wars Israel fought and how God helped them conquer there enemies, the ten plagues of Egypt etc.

How did the clouds form? Who made the sun, the moon? Did they just become? If they did, why hasn't this miraculous formation happened again?

You might not want to believe the Bible, because you were not there, but you would wholly believe Einstein, Darwin e.t.c... Men whose theories have been disputed over the ages, and new ones overridden them.

How do you explain that a person has a dream and it comes to pass exactly that way? Science? Magic The truth you must see is that there is definitely a force behind this all, someone is holding the sky from falling to the ground, someone is holding the sun from falling off the sky...

Quick one, we have sex dolls now but no scientist has been able to create a human, brain, flesh, blood, nobody... Why is that? No scientist can even create a mosquito... Because they don't know the prototype, they can never know because they were created too... If we evolved, why don't we keep evolving to maybe, humans with wings coz I sure need to fly.

I have not quoted the Bible at any time and my underlying argument is, There is God, call him whatever name you like but there is a force behind all these.

I believe in God not just because I was taught to but because he is real... He Lives... God is not dead.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Evangkatsoulis: 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
preshdiva:
Logic says, there is no God because I cannot see him, but Logic does not see the air he breathes in and out, but doesn't doubt he breathes, logic says, man evolved and was never created but fails to tell us why the evolutionary trend paused for numerous centuries, Logic says, the universe made man but fails to tell us who made the universe... Isn't that sheer foolery?

I don't need to quote the Bible, return to your history books. History texts record the life and times of Jesus, the disciples and the Church. History texts record the wars Israel fought and how God helped them conquer there enemies, the ten plagues of Egypt etc.

How did the clouds form? Who made the sun, the moon? Did they just become? If they did, why hasn't this miraculous formation happened again?

You might not want to believe the Bible, because you were not there, but you would wholly believe Einstein, Darwin e.t.c... Men whose theories have been disputed over the ages, and new ones overridden them.

How do you explain that a person has a dream and it comes to pass exactly that way? Science? Magic The truth you must see is that there is definitely a force behind this all, someone is holding the sky from falling to the ground, someone is holding the sun from falling off the sky...

Quick one, we have sex dolls now but no scientist has been able to create a human, brain, flesh, blood, nobody... Why is that? No scientist can even create a mosquito... Because they don't know the prototype, they can never know because they were created too... If we evolved, why don't we keep evolving to maybe, humans with wings coz I sure need to fly.

I have not quoted the Bible at any time and my underlying argument is, There is God, call him whatever name you like but there is a force behind all these.

I believe in God not just because I was taught to but because he is real... He Lives... God is not dead.

Irreversible brain damage.
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by kevoh(m): 9:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
johnydon22:

Odin, Osanobua still are God(s) which proves his point even more... This doesn't really refute his point. God doesn't necessarily mean Yahweh...
You probably didn't get my point/comment either. Any one of the aforementioned gods or alien could have done the breathing but so far there's no concrete proof that points to them, therefore no one knows is a honest standpoint till something concrete is provided. His own god is Yahweh, the evidence put so far for Yahweh is garbage.
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by kevoh(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Can science breath life yes or no?
I can also play the ostrich very well undecided . Did Science ever claim to have breathed life?
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by kelvinUchiha(m): 10:51pm On Jan 22, 2018
Eldavis:
Hmmmm…..
For u too be in or belong in a particular religion, you must hav a reason, dere must b somtin dat makes dat religion difft dat makes u want too belive
As for me I dnt nid to quote the bible to tell u dere is a God…
Hav u eva prayed? For somtin in particular n u gt it?
Hav u eva been sick n u prayed within mins d pains were gone?
Hav u eva experience peace when u tot it would neva come to u

If dere is no God… den who ans d prayers?
Who made healthy wen u prayed for healing?
Who gave u dat tin u prayed ?

Apart frm all dis, u see miracles day by day…
U read dem, u hear of dem, som science hav nt been able to explain……

Wit all dat even without reading the bible to see his works…. Dat alone should tell u somtin

You have been praying right?
How many times have you prayed for Nigeria?
Prayed for sick people
Even the ones that died inside the church in uyo, even on New years eve.
They were all praying.
Try it. Don't pray but prepare really hard for an exam and see if you will fail.
You got healed cos u took the right drugs not any prayer.
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by kelvinUchiha(m): 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
How can tiny humans know the maker of the universe?
Just like an ant living in a hole in a house trying to know the builder of the house.
The universe is so large. We don't know how it was made.
Even common Mars we are still yet to colonize then to talk of the whole universe.
Pole fear what they don't understand and say its God or Devil or Witch.
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Eldavis(m): 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
kelvinUchiha:

You have been praying right?
How many times have you prayed for Nigeria?
Prayed for sick people
Even the ones that died inside the church in uyo, even on New years eve.
They were all praying.
Try it. Don't pray but prepare really hard for an exam and see if you will fail.
You got healed cos u took the right drugs not any prayer.

Lol if dat makes u slip beta at nite ohk o… .
Dats ur point of view

N I hav mine
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Soteriahascome: 11:58pm On Jan 22, 2018
If you believe that there's a brain in your skull then there's God above heaven.

If you don't believe that there's a brain in your skull then there is no God... Just like a fool who doesn't want to believe that he has a brain and therefore refuses to use it.

It's a Sin to debate on the existence of God.

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2018
johnydon22:

What sort of conclusion is this? On what is this conclusion hinged?

Please explain how we landed at this conclusion

Kalam cosmology sort of. You should have known before now.

1 Like

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by johnydon22(m): 3:49pm On Jan 25, 2018
JMAN05:

Kalam cosmology sort of. You should have known before now.

Yes and i am questioning the basis of that conclusion.

How did it work?

Its basically just a claim - what ever did this "MUST" be that..

How did we arrive at that.. that is my enquiry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by chemystery: 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2018
preshdiva:
Logic said there is no god because there is no proof of its existence except questions asked from ignorance like who made this and that and how did this and that come into existence. Logic says there is air because logic have felt and seen effect of air in motion, logic have compressed air and used it to do visible and useful work through pneumatic devices. Logic have also seen air after liquefaction. What else do you want logic to do to prove air does exists?
And who told you evolutionary trend paused? The internet is your friend to get more info about evolution. You are a christian and I wonder why you even aren't bothered about who Cain married yet you want to air opinion on subject you have no knowledge about.
And how do you describe religion that told us god made man but failed to tell us who made god?

What history text is that? You are a big liar!!! Except you mean the devotionals written by your daddy G.Os

Here comes the ignorant questions. Hooohooo! I don't know, therefore It's god! grin

Einsteins theories remains the root of many scientific inventions like the CCD chips used in digital cameras today. So give me list of theories that were overridden and inventions that was thrown away because it's theories were overridden. Well, science is meant for the non-scientist to believe but for the scientists to know.
So on what basis should we believe the bible? Because the bible said that the bible should be believed?

Here she goes again. I can't explain it, therefore it must god!

No god can make an amputee grow limbs but science have been providing prosthetic legs to amputees so they could walk again. Science have been able to invent other artificial body parts such as heart, tooth, breast, etc. and no god can boast of such feat. Why can't a god who created make repairs or replacement of totally damaged or deformed parts? Why do people believe in efficacy of science in curing sickness and deseases than prayers?

Instead of asking why humans are not still evolving, you should ask yourself this instead - if god created everything, why doesn't he keep recreating animals that have gone extinct?

You believe in god not because he is real, but because you were taught to believe, and then you realise you also need him to explain your ignorance and satisfaction in not understanding the mysteries surrounding the world.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2018
I don't think this argument is necessary at all because in every given population there would be a percentage who believe in "God" and another who don't, what a person chooses to believe is no business of mine but when his/her belief makes him thread on my Rights then it becomes a problem but besides that am cool with it.

I want atheists especially those who were initially religious to understand how Christians and Muslims think,they don't reason based on objective analysis but rather on what they have been taught to believe from childhood,hence even if atheists are right and God doesn't exist we would still have this same situation playing out.
Now to Christians and Muslims I want to implore you to understand atheists,the fact that they reason differently from you doesn't make them stupid,someone said we can't see air but believe it exists,yes that is because we can easily demonstrate its existence by carrying out a simple chemical or even physical test such as blowing on something,we can even liquify air making it visible,talking about the Wright brothers who invented the airplane,even though we didn't meet them,there are numerous valid sources which state that they invented the airplane and there has not been any counter claim not that I know of so we can say to a great extent we are sure the Wright brothers invented the airplane,u can't use this forms of argument in proving "God's" existence. There is no physical or chemical test like the ones for water to prove "God's" existence,gis form behaviour or personality,there are no reliable sources either the countless religious accounts and books we have don't say the same thing even the bible is very inconsistent I will give you an example The story of Jesus' arrest,if u are to recreate that scene u won't be able to create a single scene which contains all that is recorded in all four Gospels which means that if at all that event occurred,then there was some embellishment from the authors.So my point is this,whether u believe in "God" or u don't it doesn't give u any right to look down on any person,believing I. "God" should be a personal opinion but the reason it seems that atheists are criticizing religion is the discrimination and stigma we get when I identify as one,so let's try to eliminate this stigma and love each other irrespective of our differing religious views

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by ScienceWatch: 9:09pm On Jan 25, 2018
kelvinUchiha:
I have really noticed that most Christians can't really prove that God exists without quoting what happened in the Bible or things God did in the bible.

Based on our current level of advancement in technology and things happening around us, I would like a Good Christian to prove to me God exists.
I can answer the OP, but he must tell us why many Atheists that I have spoken to have serious doubts that their mother gave birth to them. They argue that they have not seen their mother give birth to them, so how can any right thinking person expect them to believe anything without evidence.

The argument goes further, these Atheists dont believe that their father and siblings are really related to them without conclusive proofs.

Can kelvinUchiha help us understand why Atheists need help with this type of family problems?
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2018
darkchild64:
I don't think this argument is necessary at all because in every given population there would be a percentage who believe in "God" and another who don't, what a person chooses to believe is no business of mine but when his/her belief makes him thread on my Rights then it becomes a problem but besides that am cool with it.

I want atheists especially those who were initially religious to understand how Christians and Muslims think,they don't reason based on objective analysis but rather on what they have been taught to believe from childhood,hence even if atheists are right and God doesn't exist we would still have this same situation playing out.
Now to Christians and Muslims I want to implore you to understand atheists,the fact that they reason differently from you doesn't make them stupid,someone said we can't see air but[b] believe it exists,yes that is because we can easily demonstrate its existence by carrying out a simple chemical or even physical test such as blowing on something,we can even liquify air making it visible,talking about the Wright brothers who invented the airplane,even though we didn't meet them,there are numerous valid sources which state that they invented the airplane and there has not been any counter claim not that I know of so we can say to a great extent we are sure the Wright brothers invented the airplane,u can't use this forms of argument in proving "God's" existence. There is no physical or chemical test like the ones for water to prove "God's" existence,gis form behaviour or personality,there are no reliable sources either the countless religious accounts and books we have don't say the same thing even the bible is very inconsistent [/b]I will give you an example The story of Jesus' arrest,if u are to recreate that scene u won't be able to create a single scene which contains all that is recorded in all four Gospels which means that if at all that event occurred,then there was some embellishment from the authors.So my point is this,whether u believe in "God" or u don't it doesn't give u any right to look down on any person,believing I. "God" should be a personal opinion but the reason it seems that atheists are criticizing religion is the discrimination and stigma we get when I identify as one,so let's try to eliminate this stigma and love each other irrespective of our differing religious views

1. The 'test' for God's existence is in the design of nature just as the design and purpose of aircraft is proof for existence of inventors. EOS (end of story)

2. The bible is an account of a historical event from different people, with different personalities each focusing on the story from a unique perspective. EOS.

3. Atheism takes great faith and it is just as a religious belief as any other religion out there. Let's call a spade a spade.
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 26, 2018
johnydon22:

Yes and i am questioning the basis of that conclusion.

How did it work?

Its basically just a claim - what ever did this "MUST" be that..

How did we arrive at that.. that is my enquiry

What is the first cause before the big bang?
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by johnydon22(m): 7:58am On Jan 26, 2018
JMAN05:

What is the first cause before the big bang?

I have no idea.

So?
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by tintingz(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2018
Xiadnat:

1. The 'test' for God's existence is in the design of nature just as the design and purpose of aircraft is proof for existence of inventors. EOS (end of story)
We can't actually disprove God existence because it's imaginary and a belief but God can be diminished in attributes, the problem is we don't know this God or which God, we have thousands of Gods you know?

2. The bible is an account of a historical event from different people, with different personalities each focusing on the story from a unique perspective. EOS.
Most Bible stories are ancient legends, myths.

3. Atheism takes great faith and it is just as a religious belief as any other religion out there. Let's call a spade a spade.
Atheism is not a religion.
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 26, 2018
Xiadnat:

u would have said what u wanted to say without quoting me,I don't even see how what u said relates to my post
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by CandidSeeker(m): 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2018
Firstly,

Meaning of God as an English word:

The creator, a super being & ruler of the universe & source of moral authority.
-Christianity

A deity, super human being or spirit, worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes.
-Other Religions

Let's rephrase the question:

Can You Prove That There Is A Higher Being Without The Bible?

Or

Can You Prove That There Are Higher Beings Without The Bible?

Secondly,

Prove Through What Knowledge?

Scientific knowledge?
Historical knowledge?
Philosophical knowledge?
Moral knowledge?
Personal knowledge?
Any other knowledge.......

We in our generation need to come together with open minds & sincerely observe, analyze & redefine assertions & principles passed down to us.

-Peace.
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2018
johnydon22:

I have no idea.

So?

There must be. The bang could not come from something visible. The result of the bang points to an intelligent cause. This doesn't prove the existence of the xten God. But it at least points to an invisible and intelligent cause.

So a belief in a supernatural cause isn't unreasonable. Since science can't experiment the supernatural, they should not think there is no God who could cause the bang.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Emmytes(m): 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
They said give prove that God exists without quoting the bible and somebody is mentioning the sun, moon, day and night etc

In same vain you forgot to mention death, earthquakes, diseases etc how dumb can you religionists be. I can make a better case for the existence of God than y'all yet I don't believe in that fairy tale

You don't know and can't defend what you believe intelligently yet you worship an imaginary being blindly. Y'all better wake up from your slumber, the sooner the better.
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by johnydon22(m): 11:43am On Jan 30, 2018
JMAN05:

There must be.

See you are not even getting it

Why?

Under what principle is this conclusion based.

The bang could not come from something visible.

How did we arrive at this?

Again

Does invisibility connote unnatural?

The result of the bang points to an intelligent cause.

Moon craters also points to intelligent cause due to geometrical projections but it's causes is far fromit.

This doesn't prove the existence of the xten God. But it at least points to an invisible and intelligent cause.

How?

On which cosmological principle is this conclusion hinged. How did we get from point A to "then there must have been an invisible intelligence"?

So a belief in a supernatural cause isn't unreasonable.

You have been grossly insufficient to explain its reasonability

Since science can't experiment the supernatural, they should not think there is no God who could cause the bang.

Since we have no way to know supernatural truly is, to assume is to be unreasonable because this assumption would be purely imagined.

So the best answer remains " You have no idea"

Not assume the supernatural must exists because science cannot verify.

I can then also propose an even bigger hypernatural that precedes and caused the supernatural.

And then also assume a bihypernatural plain that caused the hypernatural.

See?

That is the problem with argument from ignorance and assumption to fill the gap clutch.

You can always assume something else or the whole argument would collapse on itself.
Re: Can You Prove God Exists Without Quoting The Bible? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
johnydon22:

See you are not even getting it

Why?

Under what principle is this conclusion based.

Logic. Our experience in the physical universe shows that nothing pops out uncaused from nothing.

How did we arrive at this?

Again

Does invisibility connote unnatural?

No. Am referring to a higher form of life invisible to humans caused it. Although I don't see why that question fit the comment you quoted

Moon craters also points to intelligent cause due to geometrical projections but it's causes is far fromit.

There are laws in the universe that guide other things. All these came from the precision that began after the big bang. I don't see your point.

Since we have no way to know supernatural truly is, to assume is to be unreasonable because this assumption would be purely imagined.

So the best answer remains " You have no idea"

Not assume the supernatural must exists because science cannot verify.

These is not an assumption. It is logic. And the evidence of the supernatural is what science can't accept cos it doesn't pass there method of verification.

I can then also propose an even bigger hypernatural that precedes and caused the supernatural.

And then also assume a bihypernatural plain that caused the hypernatural.

See?

That is the problem with argument from ignorance and assumption to fill the gap clutch.

You can always assume something else or the whole argument would collapse on itself.

You can't verify the supernatural through scientific methods. For that I understand your insistence, but even if we are to follow the scientific procedures, logic demands that there has to be something that triggered the big bang, and that 'thing' must be intelligent. I don't have to tell you that a precision such as we see in the universe is amazing that believing it just happened by chance takes enough faith

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Am Seriously In Need Of Spiritual Assistance / How God Used Sign Fireman To Heal A Lame Man! / Cultism/money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.