Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname (1757 Views)

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe's Campaign In 60s Vs Dr. Goodluck In 21st Century (see Photo) / Hilarious! Grammatical Blunder By Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan Comes Under Pressure To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by ShySteady(m): 12:17pm On Apr 14, 2010
Nairalanders,

For sometime now, especially after the emergence of then Vice President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, as the Acting President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I have been pondering what the Nigerian Press would make of his aliases.

For instance, in 1999, before Chief Olusegun Matthew Obasanjo became the President, the Press looked for a reasonable alias to his name. Some nicknamed him Old General, OMO, etc, but non got stuck like OBJ.

I remember General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida was nicknamed IBB and other aliases as Evil Genius, Maradona, Number 10, etc obviously because of his antics while in power.

Even incapacitated President Yar' Adua was not given an alias except that he was nicknamed "Go Slow" in some quarters and "Yar' A Dull" in other areas.

Come to think of it, I would propose the Acting President be nicknamed "Good Joe" or "Joe Boy" or even "GEJ" (pronounced gedge)!

What do you all think?
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 14, 2010
Uncle Joe cheesy
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by desgiezd(m): 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2010
Joe Boy!
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2010
desgiezd:

Joe Boy!

That sounds like Jerry Boy grin. We don't want anything that will remotely reminds us of these good-for-nothing old military guys!. watcha think? wink
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by Beaf: 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2010
Bera stick with Uncle Joe. The man behaves like a wise and fatherly uncle. cool
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by Godalone(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2010
Uncle Joe
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by tempest01(m): 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2010
Uncle J kiss kiss
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by vigasimple(m): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2010
Goodluck is best and that is what this country need apart from hardwork, and commonsense dedicated leadership.

Until he start to behave like something else, I think GOODLUCK is more like it.

By the way out of showboating, I named that yeye thing, I mean your offshore President who has no idea about his sorrounding (check the records) Yar A'dull,  Yar A'liar, Yar A'clueless Yar A'do nothing, and didn't they fit nicely?. grin grin grin

Yar A'Do nothing presided over A DO NOTHING government, 7 pointless agenda and Visionless 2020. A sick body will ultimately lead to a sick mind, and that is excatly what happen. You need a decisive leader to LEAD and not to fly to all the hospital in the world.

I am sorry to say this, with the exception of few individuals in the North, a secondary school dropout is in the south is better than what the North has to offer up on till today with some few exceptional period like BHUARI/IDIAGBON, and we know who is puling the strings.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by mustafar1: 5:21pm On Apr 14, 2010
goody joe
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by superboi(m): 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2010
Bros J
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by 9ijaprince(m): 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2010
Uncle joe . . . I love that.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by Dominoifet(m): 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2010
Lucky Joe
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by vigasimple(m): 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2010
Goodluck is GOODLUCK. period. he is not one of those names you can mess around with until he proves himself to be something else.
Re: Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname by Sunofgod(m): 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2010
Oga

grin

(1) (Reply)

Pdp To Jettison Zoning - President Can Contest In 2011 Poll / Faac Disburses N704bn To 3 Tiers Of Govt / Imo State Nass Result Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.