Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,911 members, 7,838,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy (41598 Views)

Yahaya Bello Refuses To Wear Face-Mask After Meeting With Buhari / Why Buhari Doesn't Wear Face-Mask - Lauretta Onochie / President Buhari Didn't Wear Face-Mask. EU Delegates Wore FaceMasks As They Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by Hmajeed(m): 4:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
Islam and Muslims in general are a problem to this world

What stops her from obeying rules?

The irony is that this was done in Saudi Arabia the bedrock of Islam.

If it was done in Nigeria here, come and see how the useless set of people will start crying that we are hindering them from practicing Islam. The yeye muric prof and their useless sultan will be mute now.

Islam and Muslims have been a problem to what world ??

I need you to clarify, Maybe you need to revisit history and see what your forefathers in Christianity did to Muslims by making them what you find them to be right now...

read about orientalist, they took verses of the Quran and gave them wrong interpretations and employed some hungry Muslims to spread their misinformation

They brought about the type of Islam propagated by the likes Ahmadiyya and all

they made Muslims forget their roots and turned them into critics of their own heritage... the western propaganda its called

You've been enslaved intellectually,

You guys talk about America as the greatest country in the world and they've fooled you to the extent that you agree there way of life is the best and whoever is not following their mode of life would be considered an outcast and would be pressured to drop it

Tell me one single thing NK did wrong??

why did America made you hate them so much??

They've forced countries like UAE to conclude that they can only gain wealth when they leave their heritage behind, but soon you'd see the end result.. another Egypt/Libya in the making !

1 Like

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by Lilimax(f): 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guyman02:
The Notice is for security reasons as a man can cover himself in the niqab, enter the embassy unnoticed and cause havoc as we see in Afghanistan were gunmen just entered a hotel with their weapons concealed in the niqab and wrecked havoc on people.

Curiously Yoruba Muslims are the ones who always go against constituted authority and claim religious persecution.
Just like the call to bar lady who refused every entreaty by senior lawyers who are also Muslims for her to remove her veil, wear her wig and go in for the ceremony, she went to the extent of raining abuses at them and calling them 'faithless' people.
Another Yoruba Muslim woman here refused all pleadings from even the embassy staff who are Saudis to obey the law at the embassy and she is claiming to be more Muslim than the Saudi Muslims in their land which is the HQ of Islam.

We have never seen a Northern Muslim woman attracting unnecessary attention to herself because of religion, they play it cool, dont raise their voices against men and elders like the Yoruba Muslim women keep doing..

Will MURIC write a petition against Saudi Arabia as they usually do in Nigeria? ???
Let's wait and see
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by Lilimax(f): 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
perdollar:
sth strange is happening in saudi arabia. i hope d young prince succeeds. saudi for christ. cross on d kaaba. churces in mecca n medina. we wl never relent until middle east becomes a christian nation again
Amen grin
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by jc4real(m): 4:59pm On Jan 22, 2018
desmond2pk:
The saudis know that Islam is a scam. They have to continue because it is a profitable scam. Yearly millions come there to kiss a stone. And throw pebbles to another stone tagged satan. Saudis cash on the foolishly of Muslims. Buy exotic houses all over the world. Marry beautiful wives. While other Muslims are made to suffer but told that they would have everlasting sex in heaven.

grin grin ur savagery is unpardonable. This is so funny! grin

2 Likes

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by akinszz: 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guyman02:
The Notice is for security reasons as a man can cover himself in the niqab, enter the embassy unnoticed and cause havoc as we see in Afghanistan were gunmen just entered a hotel with their weapons concealed in the niqab and wrecked havoc on people.

Curiously Yoruba Muslims are the ones who always go against constituted authority and claim religious persecution.
Just like the call to bar lady who refused every entreaty by senior lawyers who are also Muslims for her to remove her veil, wear her wig and go in for the ceremony, she went to the extent of raining abuses at them and calling them 'faithless' people.

Another Yoruba Muslim woman here refused all pleadings from even the embassy staff who are Saudis to obey the law at the embassy and she is claiming to be more Muslim than the Saudi Muslims in their land which is the HQ of Islam.

We have never seen a Northern Muslim woman attracting unnecessary attention to herself because of religion, they play it cool, dont raise their voices against men and elders like the Yoruba Muslim women keep doing..

Will MURIC write a petition against Saudi Arabia as they usually do in Nigeria?
point of correction, the lady is not a Yoruba lady. she only resides in kwara state... she is from gombe.
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by jc4real(m): 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Nooooo... It's not Hijab, it's Niqab. That one they wear that makes them look like a Ninja

grin grin Oga u just finish me with laugh @ ur ninja description.

Nairaladers are wicked grin

2 Likes

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by obaataaokpaewu: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2018
jc4real:

grin grin Oga u just finish me with laugh @ ur ninja description.

Nairaladers are wicked grin
lol

But na truth nah

3 Likes

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by Teymanhenry(f): 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2018
if d embassy is in Nigeria now e fr be something else... can't stop imagine our level of clueless ness.. this people brought religion too us,yet na we carry am fr head pass

1 Like

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2018
this rule is simple...wearing face cover in that country is seen as terrorist and they fear it for now...the country is at war technically with Iran, isreal, Iran, Qatar and fighting rebel terrorist in close by yemen and so many times, the terrorists have tried to infiltrate the saudi soil but to no avail....what is so bad in this rule, you went with ur husband to an embassy, will you not remove the veil to snap picture or answer question...will you not be search by a female so why all the noise...you are just looking for sympathy
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by sinaj(f): 5:20pm On Jan 22, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Nooooo... It's not Hijab, it's Niqab. That one they wear that makes them look like a Ninja
lol @ ninja cheesy

1 Like

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by Pataricatering(f): 5:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
temitemi1:
why do these pple always looking for trouble where there is non ... God bless my Christian brothers and sisters
says a Christian who will shout Islamization at any opportunity! I have never seen trouble mongers and crybabies like C Nigerian christians !

1 Like

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by nobilie: 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
I remember the young barrister who could not keep up with rules regards Vail. There in Saudi, security is the reason for that action/notice. Let's make this work. Quit being fanatic.

1 Like

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by nextstep(m): 5:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guyman02:

Will MURIC write a petition against Saudi Arabia as they usually do in Nigeria?

I get the general gist of your post, but I posit a counterpoint:
the relative freedoms Yoruba women enjoy in society empowers them more to challenge the status quo than Northern women - who enjoy relatively less freedoms to speech, to thought, to dress, to education.

ps. I'm not Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by naijaking1: 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2018
Yoruba muslim woman wants to be more muslim than tye Saudis?
Tuuuufiakwa, say no to bad brain woss oh!
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by OwoLee(m): 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2018
akinszz:
point of correction, the lady is not a Yoruba lady. she only resides in kwara state... she is from gombe.

am disappointed you answered a question of religion like that, what difference does been a Yoruba or northerner mean to them? you should have just kept mute.
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by Guyman02: 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2018
nextstep:

I get the general gist of your post, but I posit a counterpoint:
the relative freedoms Yoruba women enjoy in society empowers them more to challenge the status quo than Northern women - who enjoy relatively less freedoms to speech, to thought, to dress, to education.

ps. I'm not Yoruba.
That is not enough alibi to disrespect simple written rules and regulations. If they are so smart then they should challenge it in appropriate ways and not creating unintelligent scenes.
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2018
Badgers14:
A bit of irony that Nigerian Embassy is enforcing this in. Saudi Arabia, the Muslim capital of the world

but in Nigeria..... Infact

Wow! I can comment here, i thought I would see that are you a Muslim bullshit?
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by sunsewa16: 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
Prof ishag Akintola be like what else can I say.
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by akinszz: 6:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
OwoLee:

am disappointed you answered a question of religion like that, what difference does been a Yoruba or northerner mean to them? you should have just kept mute.
hmm... na true you talk.
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by begwong: 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2018
Where is that yeye non graduate of Nigeria law school wey wan form holier than Saudi sef!
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by naijaman3: 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2018
Based on the comments I am seeing here, it is obvious that a lot of people commenting here do not understand how diplomacy (international relations of a country's representatives abroad with their host country) works. As per international policy, the Nigerian embassy territory in Saudi Arabia or anywhere in the world belongs to Nigeria (not to Saudi Arabia nor the location country) where Nigerian laws apply (not Saudi’s laws nor the location country's law). Hence the rule in the notice is a Nigeria rule/law and has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia or their laws.

Furthermore, nothing is wrong in standing up against rules or laws that you perceive to violate your fundamental human right (the emphasis here is on perceive, meaning you may be right and you may be wrong in your perception) as long as it is done in a civil way. The law may eventually be changed in your favor if it is proven that your fundamental is actually being violated by the rule. So, saying that the lady in question should not speak up against a rule that she perceives to violate her right is not correct just because it is the rule. Not allowing people to speak up against rules/laws they perceive to violate their right will only lead to dictatorship. The onus, however, is on the person who feels that their right is being violated to prove it.

1 Like

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by nextstep(m): 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2018
Guyman02:

That is not enough alibi to disrespect simple written rules and regulations. If they are so smart then they should challenge it in appropriate ways and not creating unintelligent scenes.

You are certainly right about that, no doubt.
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by IkpuMmadu: 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:

LoL but oba don't eat the leg of a he goat ...this your Monica na die

Ninja kwa ....Ike gwuru
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by nextstep(m): 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
naijaman3:
Based on the comments I am seeing here, it is obvious that a lot of people commenting here do not understand how diplomacy (international relations a country's representatives abroad) works. As per international policy, the Nigerian embassy territory in Saudi Arabia or anywhere in the world belongs to Nigeria (not to Saudi Arabia nor the location country) where Nigerian laws apply (not Saudi’s laws nor the location country's law). Hence the rule in the notice is a Nigeria rule/law and has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia or their laws.

Furthermore, nothing is wrong in standing up against rules or laws that you perceive to violate your fundamental human right (the emphasis here is on perceive, meaning you may be right and you may be wrong in your perception) as long as it is done in a civil way. The law may eventually be changed in your favor if it is proven that your fundamental is actually being violated by the rule. So, saying that the lady in question should not speak up against a rule that she perceives to violate her right is not correct just because it is the rule. Not allowing people to speak up against rules/laws they perceive to violate their right will only lead to dictatorship. The onus, however, is on the person who feels that their right is being violated to prove it.

Well said. Unjust laws/rules are almost always challenged by those who were brave enough to speak up, and we must always support her right to protest. In addition, we never know when it would be our turn to protest, and we would wish that our freedoms of speech were protected.

That said, in this case, I imagine the courts would agree that security concerns trump entering secure premises will the full niqab, especially given the current situation with terrorism.

1 Like

Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by naijaman3: 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
nextstep:

Well said. Unjust laws/rules are almost always challenged by those who were brave enough to speak up, and we must always support her right to protest. In addition, we never know when it would be our turn to protest, and we would wish that our freedoms of speech were protected.

That said, in this case, I imagine the courts would agree that security concerns trump entering secure premises will the full niqab, especially given the current situation with terrorism.

I agree with everything you said above.
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by obaataaokpaewu: 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

LoL but oba don't eat the leg of a he goat ...this your Monica na die

Ninja kwa ....Ike gwuru

Oba gha tor kpe re. grin
Your own moniker weak me! embarassed embarassed
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by borrelia: 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2018
No mind that doctor jare. When she was in med school, can she wear Vail to lectures , ward round or even consult as a doctor with Vail on? Nigerians and attention sha. Formerly it was a lawyer with wearing of hijab for call to bar, today na doctor. Tomorrow will be a nurse seeking for attention to wear Vail in attending to patients or even wear Vail in the theatre as scrub nurse.
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by Aarejesus(f): 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
It's only in Nigeria that constitution can. be bend and alter just to please some people, who believes that it is there fundamental right and jurisdiction that their religion is superior to every Laws,rules and regulations and governing policies. The last time a lawyer was not call to bar simply because she thinks it is her right,now here is a doctor for that matter! Assuming it were to be in Nigeria,the next day will be for protest. It is well.
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by Ernesthugo(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
SimpleTee:
On Nigerian Female Doctor Being Refused Entry In Saudi Embassy Because Of Veil

Here is the copy of the notice pasted outside the gate of the Nigerian Embassy in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

In spite of this, a Nigerian Female Doctor wrote to complain https://www.nairaland.com/4303790/dr-mutiah-olaide-refused-entry

She is a big fool bloody jihadist
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by Yusuf001(m): 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2018
people fail to understand that Islam is universal ... and Muslims don't copy what the saudi are doing .....but rather follow the teachings of the Quran and Hadith.
Re: No Female Visitor Is Allowed To Wear Face Cover (Niqab) - Nigerian Saudi Embassy by perdollar(m): 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
hajlat2:

One christian extremist noted. My advice to you is this. "Charity begins at home " Turn all mosques in Nigeria to church first. A njekuru Oran ko tan ..... o tun ngbon owo re si awo. ( We are trying to resolve an issue , you are trying to start another one )
brother mi sth unusual is happening in saudi arabia. women r gradually gaining dia freedom. freedom to worship wl follow soon. i see cross on d kaaba, churches in mecca n medina in sha allahu akbar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Borrows Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan’s Statement At Peace Accord / Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament / Looters Overrun Taraba Palliatives Warehouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.