Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Complicated - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Complicated (484 Views)

Complicated Love / I’m In A Complicated Relationship – Slimcase / Are You A Lover Of Complicated Romance Tales? Look No Further!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Complicated by SirGowon(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
Hello nairalanders,

I'm an active member of the literature section, I often come to this section to read other people's pieces and I must really commend the good writers we have on here. I have finally summoned all the courage I have to put up this story and so am going to need y'all's constructive criticism to get better at writing.

I hope my story meets expectation, but if it doesn't, I promise I won't rest on my laurels to make sure I only get better at every attempt.

So fasten your seatbelt everyone and enjoy the ride.
Re: Complicated by SirGowon(m): 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2018
EPISODE ONE

It all started when I and my friend decided to enrol in a computer school after the completion of our secondary school, then a guy in the neighborhood directed us to a school which will turn out to be a blessing.

On this fateful day, I wore a yellow over-sized shirt ''my brother dash me'' on a brown pant trouser and combined it with a brown shoe, , Omo see groove, my mind dey tell me say ''ahbi bigi boy oo'' like that old MTN advert. Meanwhile, the trouser was the only thing closest to being my actual size, how come I was so gullible that time, that's a story for another day tho.

The night before that day, I had already brought out a small laptop bag my uncle kept under the bed for only God-knows-when out, I dusted and washed it so that my dressing can be complete the next day, I went to collect the bag from where i hanged it overnight to dry, I put two exercise books inside, afterall no one will know I am not carrying a laptop.

I set out to go and meet my friend, Bamidele at the junction we had earlier discussed that we will meet, omo see as I dey bounce. In my mind, all eyes were on me cos soft work na, fine boy, but in the real sense, people were shaking their head and laughing seeing the way I was dressed. I got to the junction and called Bami, guy how far na, where you dey? I dey junction already ..... He replied, you go see me now. AAH Bami, he didn't waste time, he just cut the call. Whenever Bami tells you ''you go see me now'' just know that you have all the time in the world to go to Pluto and come back and you still won't see him now. I resigned to fate and waited for him to show up. Behold, he finally showed up after about 25mins. Bami showed up in a black and white striped shirt on a striped trouser looking like the Tom-Tom nylon.

How far, shey I make sense?, I asked..... He replied with a smile, you dope die, me nko? Then I told him same, you make sense. Wetin we know, we sha know say we dope

We got to the school and met the teacher in charge for registration and all the necessary stuff
Re: Complicated by SirGowon(m): 11:36am On Jan 23, 2018
EPISODE TWO

We started school that same day, the class had already begun a week ago and we had to catch up with all that has been done in the past week. Other students were already getting familiar with one another, you will notice from the way they were relating, it was as if they all came from the same place and they were getting along quite well, me and my friend were introduced to the class by the teacher and we were welcomed by the students. My computer school is not the regular one that offers just computer courses only, we were taught computer appreciation, English Language and Accounting, the school belonged to one of the top people in the country and this is his way of giving back to the society, so at the end of every set, he selects the best 3 pupils and reward them with cash prizes and other gifts.

To catch up with what the students have done so far, I met Anderson, one of my classmates who happened to be the person sitting beside me on the first day, the other person sitted beside me was Joshua but if you take a close look at Joshua's writing, you will be lucky to go back home that day without headache cos you will not comprehend what he's writing, apart from having a writing that is as worst as a 2-year old scribble, his spellings were terrible as well, so I asked Anderson if he could borrow me his note so that I can update my notes too, he said no problem but he can only be borrowing me the notes in class and I would not be allowed to take it home. I said it's fine by me.

So for the first two days, I was busy writing notes, while others went on break, I will be in the class writing just so I can be up to date like others too.

I am usually a shy person, so it always takes me time to settle in perfectly with my environment and the people in it but once I settle down, I am the best person you can hang around. So for the first few days, all I do is say hello to everyone when I come, then sit quietly.

Just few days after my resumption, I got to school only for our teacher to tell us we are having a test..... which kind wahala be this, this teacher wants to finally expose my olodoism. I am not even on the same level with the other students yet, I thought to myself. I instantly became moody, what will I write? I am the type that reads along whenever am writing note or something, so the only hope I had was the few pages of each subject I had written. To make matters worse, The teacher said the ladies' questions will be different from the guys, Lobatan.

Few minutes later, the teacher started doing his formation like a football manager that wants to play attacking football, he started spreading us like butter on a bread. A girl and a boy sitted side by side, after all, our questions are different. Sir, this space beside me can still accommodate 3 persons, a guy said. The teacher replied, don't worry, you can have it all to yourself for now. grin

I was studying people's countenance as they got their questions and the faces were not telling a good story, I could see the soberness written all over their faces, then the teacher gave me mine...... shocked ,

(1) (Reply)

21 Epigrams Every Man Should Live By / A Political Story From Rivers State University 2016 SUG Election. / Chimamanda Adichie Wants To Know Why Hillary Clinton's Bio Starts With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.