Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Ignore My Phd Degree And Continue To Call Me "Chief Obasanjo" -- Ex-president - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ignore My Phd Degree And Continue To Call Me "Chief Obasanjo" -- Ex-president (357 Views)

Bagudu Failed To Confirm Me Chief Judge Of Kebbi Being A Christian – Elizabeth / "Prepare Your Handover Note For Me" –Chief Chikwe Udensi Vows To Defeat Ikpeazu / Obasanjo, Ex-generals Plot Against Buhari’s Reelection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ignore My Phd Degree And Continue To Call Me "Chief Obasanjo" -- Ex-president by Upritman(m): 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
A former President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo has revealed that despite his recent PhD degree, he would still prefer to be addressed as ‘Chief Obasanjo’ and not “Dr Obasanjo”.

In an interview with Premium Times, he explained why he would not want to be called ‘Dr’, he said, “I think I prefer to remain as ‘Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’ to avoid confusion. My first son, Olusegun Obasanjo, holds a Ph.D in Architecture. So when you say Dr. Olusegun Obasanjo, you might be referring to me or to him.
“But that my son is not yet a chief, so I am higher than him in that. If you say ‘Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’ there is no question who you are referring to. That is me, and not my son.

“There are those saying I should now be called ‘Chief Dr. Olusegun Obasanjo’. Me, I don’t know about that o. As far as I am concerned, that is too complicated.

Suanu’s Blog recalls that the former Nigeria leader on Saturday made history by been decorated as the first PhD Graduate of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). Obasanjo bagged a PhD in Christian Theology and was widely celebrated for achieving that even in old age.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/01/ignore-my-phd-degree-and-continue-to.html?m=1

Re: Ignore My Phd Degree And Continue To Call Me "Chief Obasanjo" -- Ex-president by Sprumbabafather: 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2018
grin

(1) (Reply)

*Obaseki Parleys NLC, TUC, Charges Workers On Collaboration* / Senator Ohuabunwa Urges Senators To Speak Up In Condemnation Of Benue Killings / Lagos DNA Centre Sets To Tackle Homicide, Drug, Alcohol Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.