Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Sen, David Alechenu Mark Is The Solution To Nigeria's Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen, David Alechenu Mark Is The Solution To Nigeria's Problems (242 Views)

Sen.david Mark Begins Thank U Tour After 20 Yrs In The Senate / Sen. David Mark Hands Over Benue PDP To Gov. Ortom / Saraki Should Learn From Sen. David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen, David Alechenu Mark Is The Solution To Nigeria's Problems by Mathias2015(m): 7:37pm On Jan 22, 2018
MARK COULD WIN AS THE NEXT PRESIDENT IN THE 2019 UP COMING ELECTION

BECAUSE :

1. He is the last Man (General) standing among the ruling Generals.

2. He is loved and feared across the country.

3. He is the most experienced and long serving Senator in the Country, as such, he would have supports from his democratic and military influential friends across the 6-Geo-Political zones of Nigeria.

4. He is from the North (Central, which are Plateau State, Niger State, Nasarawa State, Benue State, Taraba State, Kwara and Kogi State). He can win these 7 States including the FCT hands down because he is highly revered and has planted good seeds of achievements in these areas esp Niger State where he once developed as Military Governor. In Taraba State, which is the 3rd largest state in Nigeria, Senator Mark's influence goes beyound party lines and with his party the PDP on throne there in the hands of Gov. Darius Ishakwu. In Benue, the new synergy brought among the political and governmental leaders due to the Fulani crisis and lawlessness is a plus. He has good relationship with Governors past and present, the 3 Senators in the State, the HOR, HOA etc. The same is true in all the North Central zones and partly true in the remaining 12 States that made up the 19 States of Northern Nigeria from which he can get votes of 2/3rd%.

4. In South South and South Eastern States, the 11 States there would give the ex Senate President 90% Of their votes.They are mostly PDP and APGA States. Don't forget that the States agitating for Biafra would be stupid to vote any Fulani or Hausa Man again! and in the South South particularly, the influence of Jonathan, Dickson, Duke and Wike could make a stronge supports. I do not see him at variance with Amarchi either.

5. In the SOUTH western States like Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Osun and Ondo, Mark could get 60 to 70% votes esp in Ekiti and Ogun States as 2/3rd percentages.

6. Senator Mark would be to the Northern Oligarchs, the only trusted friend to unify the country in the presence of much agitation for reform and restructure, the same is true with the South esp the Yorubas who now feels the core North is not measuring up for the unity of this country.

7. The Benue South Senator have mastered the act and stayed too long in the Senate and acted more like an executive in the immediate past regime of Goodluck Jonathan. I think he would do better as an Executive than a Legislator. With his Military and Democratic experiences plus the heavy weight influences he commands and exerts, it would be diminishing to him and the Idoma people if he dares shows interest again for the Seat of Senate for Benue South. The Benue South people might be further divided if he dares to run again for the Senate.The best shot he could score now is the Presidency.

8. He masters the act of humility and subtlety, then the political artisary hence could harmonizes and change the subject formula to positive political art and gain fans across party lines in Benue since he has the tenacity to unite interests among the ruling cadre and Kings Makers in Benue. That is to say Mark and the Two Senators from zones A and B; the immediate past Governor and the present one could all be brought together by interests as to achieving their various political and governmental goals! The inequality here could be some myopic loyalists who have no interest to gain from politics except planting seeds of discord. and it could be undo by an equality of a new party with a new nomenclature but with same hiarachy!

Remember in 2015, I rolled out an article from a call I received from one Kaduna serving Senator as to why Mark should and would win the Senatorial bid by their supports because of the "Eyes towards 2019 Presidency". The time has come, and am sure he would get that supports from them in Kaduna now despite party affiliation, with cognizance to the division and marginalisation between Kaduna South and Kaduna North. Also, the ethno-religious and Fulani crisis agaist the Southern Kaduna people would be another plus for Mark to get relevant votes from their. while Kano would divide their votes for Kwankwaso and Buhari, some 10 - 20% votes could go to Mark due to people who might want to sit on the fence to make Mark the bridge and their benchmark.

I may sound like a prophet, but it's all Mathematics. And the almighty formula now is for Mark to give it a shot and relinquish the Senate which he may likely loose if he dares again! The Mathematics is simple "inequality" and "change of subject formula". Harmonizing parties to simplify the inequality, producing a new one as equality, with interests such as producing the Governor from the Tiv ethnic group depending on the outcome of this synergy, producing a Deputy Gov from the Idoma ethnic group, may not produce who becomes the next Senator for Benue South to balance the interest partners, again the almighty formula here is for him to have the supports of the Tiv ethnic group for his target for the presidency which is very possible in the game of politics.

I conclude thus, that there is no better time than now for him to score his long aspiration to lead and govern this Country where I think he would perform better in the Executive Arm than the Legislative Arm. And I strongly advise that he quit the Senate come 2019 and take the risk for the presidency. Not risk, no gain! I perceive that this is why he hasn't declare his interest to retain the Senate nor ask any of his allies to declare their interest for the Senate with less than 13Months to go. Another certainty which may change Mark's agitation from the presidency is when the APC in Benue present an unsellable Candidate for the people. Then He may decide to rift it and retain it while producing the deputy Gov in PDP. Factorise the imaginary.

My submissions here are devoid of partisanship, so keep your insults and do justice to them with intellectual analysis. Thank u.

(1) (Reply)

N3.9bn Airport Fund Report: Politically Inspired Lie – Oduah / To The Brave Members Of The Nigeria Police – Oluwa Oscar Lam / President Mohammadu Buhari Yet To Decide For 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.