Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,405 members, 7,830,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Drums Of Civil War Looming !! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drums Of Civil War Looming !! (3656 Views)

Ayade Orders Arrest Of Civil Servants Leaking Information To Media / Buhari Confirms Folasade Yemi-Esan As Head Of Civil Service (Pic) / "Why Buhari Sacked Winifred Oyo-Ita As Head Of Civil Service" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by Gerrard59(m): 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
SSGN:

You are dismissive if foreign complicity because so far those feeling the effect are the unfortunate 30,000 + citizens up north thats lost their lives to Boko Haram, or the hundreds of victims to these herdsmen. The killing is gradually moving South.

So, we should blame foreign powers after almost 60 years of independence for atrocities committed in Nigeria? If this was how Lee Kuan Yew continually blamed Malaysia, I wonder where Singapore would've been today. shocked

1 Like

Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2018
Bethor:
@ OP, you lost it when you wrote "Desperate Fulani Herdsmen" I hope you know how much a full grown cow cost now? These herdsmen are among some of the richest people if I could call it that...selling just two cows could give them a nice and agile AK47 and trust me there are videos on YouTube showing these so called desperate poor heardmen brandishing their acquired AK47 if you care to check and do some simple research before caming here to spill your ignorance.
Peace..!!!

Richest Nigerians you say? So you think Fulani herdsmen rear cattles strictly to buy arms and ammunition, not to take care of their families? The return of investment must be a kill I must say,

1 Like

Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2018
Gerrard59:

So, we should blame foreign powers after almost 60 years of independence for atrocities committed in Nigeria? If this was how Lee Kuan Yew continually blamed Malaysia, I wonder where Singapore would've been today. shocked

Digging our heads in the sand and wishing it away wouldn't change the fact that Nigeria has been earmarked for demolition by certain powers. These conflicts will never stop until we face the stark reality.

1 Like

Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by Gerrard59(m): 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
SSGN:

Digging our heads in the sand and wishing it away wouldn't change the fact that Nigeria has been earmarked for demolition by certain powers. These conflicts will never stop until we face the stark reality.

The stark reality is holding our leaders accountable, not playing ethnic contests daily and blaming imaginary powers. Since 1960? Haba!
Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 23, 2018
Gerrard59:

The stark reality is holding our leaders accountable, not playing ethnic contests daily and blaming imaginary powers. Since 1960? Haba!

It is not in the best interest of our leaders to ferment war. Think outside the box. They rely on people with your mentality to stay inconspicuous. There is a ploy to keep Nigeria in a perpetual state of conflict, thereby preventing her from reaching her true potential.

1 Like

Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by SKhanmi: 1:23am On Jan 23, 2018
baralatie:

obviously you have no idea about how wealthy is the Fulani herder.they control 10 000 000 herds and you are asking how they can buy Ak47 that is playing in the black market from Mali,Niger and Libya through porous borders of Nigeria.
The Funding for bokoharam and its resolve to be affiliated with isis is totally different from Fulani militia mercenaries who strike targets.

Let's say i concur with you on their ability to buy AK's, But when it comes to tanks & other heavy artillery equipments,I'll need more than their control of numerous cow herds because its definitely out of their financial manpower. That's when outsider funding comes to play
Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by SKhanmi: 1:27am On Jan 23, 2018
SSGN:

Very well said bro. We forget the container load of weapons shipped from Iran consificated by Customs not long ago. Imagine how many have slipped through undetected. How about the French chartered cargo plane tha twas forced to make an emergency landing in Kano International Airport. Airport officials request to search the aircraft was resisted, leading to security personnel arresting the pilots. The search revealed lots of weapons and ammunition more associated with militia's than national armies. This was discovered because of a forced emergency landing.

Not surprised, If people cared to read about obj's detailed story about the civil war, we can easily pinpoint the double faced nations that never wanted Nigeria's unity.

1 Like

Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by baralatie(m): 1:31am On Jan 23, 2018
SKhanmi:

Let's say i concur with you on their ability to buy AK's, But when it comes to tanks & other heavy artillery equipments,I'll need more than their control of numerous cow herds because its definitely out of their financial manpower. That's when outsider funding comes to play
why would Fulani herdsmen buy a battle tank,rocket launchers or icbm
Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by RZArecta2(m): 3:20am On Jan 23, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

The day e go start I Don enter cotonou find my way to Ouagadougou.
your best bet is to leave the West and Central African vicinity all together before you're dragged and dumped into one dingy camp due to refugee influx
Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by Nobody: 3:54am On Jan 23, 2018
baralatie:

Lol cheesy wink cheesy
Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by dfrost: 9:38am On Jan 23, 2018
SSGN:

That our leaders are failing does not mean we have to turn a blind eye to external forces engineering unrests in the country. They've done it to Syria, they've destroyed Libya, Nigeria next. What does Nigeria and Libya have in common? Libya still has Africa's largest oil reserves .Nigeria comes in second.

Then our leaders should nip it in the bud. Don't we have physical borders? Can't we fence our borders? Someone high ranking in govt knows what is happening.

Please SSGN, I enjoy your write up. But don't pass the blame. Let's fix our issues. If Nigeria burns today, we will all be affected. If someone give me a gun to shoot my neighbour, I won't but will my neighbour do the same? Conflict arises because the parties involved want it, not because the armaments of war can inflict harm on people on their own.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people (DMX, Cradle to the Grave).

cc DonBobes
cc naptu2

1 Like

Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by Kazim88: 11:17am On Jan 23, 2018
PapaBrowne:
It’s a good question.
Anybody that understands international geopolitics would see that a very big hand is definitely involved.

Me I’m not interested in who the big hand is because the big hand can only achieve its aim when small hands (our failed politicians) give the big hands(The Western powers and Middle East) the arsenal required to perpetuate evil.

It’s sad that while countries are discussing the fourth industrial revolution and all its attributes like AI, Machine learning, Driverless cars, etc, we are allowing ourselves to be controlled and manipulated by dying men who care nothing for the future generations.

It’s very possible that the powers that be are looking for a battle ground like Syria and they have long chosen Nigeria as thier most ideal location and thier plots keep failing. I think they underestimate the Nigerian capacity for useless resilience and resistance to pain and suffering.

A more likely factor is that there certain resources most likely of immense value in the future that lay underneath Nigeria/Cameroon/Niger axis that we know nothing about but is well known to the powers that be.

Many more likely scenarios but surely there is an orchestrated plan to Balkanize the country that keeps failing.

I think you are making sense. They is something just fishy.

But still, the federal government is doing absolutely nothing to check mate those herdmen.
either they are complicit or they are sympathizers.

1 Like

Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 01, 2018
baralatie:

I am beginning to think that SSGN is an arms dealer who desires war to break out in Nigeria; a great opportunity to sell his weapons.

Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by blackfase(m): 11:32am On Feb 01, 2018
PapaBrowne:
It’s a good question.
Anybody that understands international geopolitics would see that a very big hand is definitely involved.

Me I’m not interested in who the big hand is because the big hand can only achieve its aim when small hands (our failed politicians) give the big hands(The Western powers and Middle East) the arsenal required to perpetuate evil.

It’s sad that while countries are discussing the fourth industrial revolution and all its attributes like AI, Machine learning, Driverless cars, etc, we are allowing ourselves to be controlled and manipulated by dying men who care nothing for the future generations.

It’s very possible that the powers that be are looking for a battle ground like Syria and they have long chosen Nigeria as thier most ideal location and thier plots keep failing. I think they underestimate the Nigerian capacity for useless resilience and resistance to pain and suffering.

A more likely factor is that there certain resources most likely of immense value in the future that lay underneath Nigeria/Cameroon/Niger axis that we know nothing about but is well known to the powers that be.
Many more likely scenarios but surely there is an orchestrated plan to Balkanize the country that keeps failing.
Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by blackfase(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2018
Your prognosis is highly plausible. Either d hidden resources you talked about, a major motivation of d West for triggering conflicts, or for arms sale, Nigeria is proving day by day to b a juicy business point for this. We are showing serious willingness to use these things against each other and some people are noticing it and by extension our vast population would make them lick their lips. Other possibility is religion. Whichever way u look at it, its all motivated by economic greed.

PapaBrowne:
It’s a good question.

Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by DANDONdGreat(m): 11:48am On Feb 01, 2018
Let the worst happen once and for all. Enough is Enough of all these nonsense
Re: Drums Of Civil War Looming !! by zendy: 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
SSGN:

They can achieve this with the help if foreign powers. It's the British who made them believe they were born to rule. Funny in 1956 the north was planning of secede. After independence the rich north, the economic engine of Nigeria were planning a plebiscite to secede from the impoverish South. The discovery of oil in Olobiri and the civil war changed all that. How such a wealthy fairly socially developed and promising with its groundout pyramids and heavy industries in cutie like Kano and functional railways in Kaduna morphed into the most impoverished part of Africa within two generations beats my imagination.

Why is it beating your imagination? Did you expect that Nigeria was going to get better after the white man left? Not a chance! Nigeria is just colonial 'roping together' of several ethnic nationalities who dont like each other.

In 1804, the Fulanis began a jihadist campaign where they successfully overran most of what is now Northern Nigeria. They were making incursions into the South when the British came and overran they themselves.

The British have since gone home and the Fulani have once again started their Jihad under the guise of cattle herding.

The truth is that the Fulani's own Nigeria. They are the power behind the throne and they dictate what happens and they control the Nothern oligarchy.

Thats was why Ojukwu fought to free his people frim Fulani imperialsm

Thats why the Fulani imperialists will send the Python after Kanu and IPOB for threatening their power but you will never see the same Python go after herdsmen killers, no matter how many people they slaughter in Nigeria. Kanu himself never killed anyone.

The Fulanis own Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Are Two Moments In History When, As A Yoruba, I Was Embarrassed / This Is Why Every Sane Nigerian Loves Biden / Ahmed Lawan Has Just Defected From APC To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.