Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

NYSC EXPERIENCE: Update Your Skill Set - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC EXPERIENCE: Update Your Skill Set (435 Views)

My NYSC Experience In Kano: One Year Of Joy, Challenges, Tears And Victory / My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC EXPERIENCE: Update Your Skill Set by ebenebechinedu(m): 8:42am On Jan 23, 2018
Morning Readers
One year in service of our dear country Nigeria is what i like to call the golden time. This is the time you are left alone to look over your life, study your life and carve it to come out exactly the way you dim fit.
One of the ways you do that is by looking inwards, and discovering that which you would love to train your hands to do. Please, do not let your degree lead you into telling your self that you do not need a skill. Try it and after one year of service you will regret it.
"Wisdom will make any job easier.......sharpen the knife,the job is easier" (Ecclesiastes 10:10).
This is the time you train your self to take deliberate actions to better your future. What do you know how to do well? how well can you do it?
If your skill is Mechanical Engineering, what additional skills have you acquired to make you better than your mates?
Lets be clear, we live in a society where jobs are not readily available, so if you step out of NYSC, what will put food on your table? what steps are you taking to develop yourself personally? These are questions you should ask yourself, and be ready to take deliberate actions to make sure you have a positive answer.

You might find yourself in an office where you are made to do all the work in the office. Do not...i repeat, DO not say, "how much are they paying you to do this much work" because if you find yourself saying that, then you are heading for a free fall. Let them use you, for by so doing, your skills are being sharpened and you are letting God train you.

Remember, strive to be the best at whatever you set out to be in life or do in life. And your NYSC year is the one opportunity you have to sharpen your skills to be able to swim in the big ocean. Trust me you will need all the expertise you can get, so why not start doing something now.
Need personal coaching and advice...Holla 07088150084. Do not worry my service is free. so far you do not abuse it.

To be continued....25th Jan

(1) (Reply)

Nysc / Get In Here Corpers / Nysc 45th Anivasary Celebration In Minna Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.