Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Help! The Laptop Won't Boot.. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! The Laptop Won't Boot.. (1050 Views)

Laptop Won't Open WPS File / SINGLE Or COMBO (the Laptop Choice Is Yours) / My Lenovo Laptop Won't Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! The Laptop Won't Boot.. by LemuelIrabor: 12:07pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hey there, gizmo experts!
smiley

Another wee problem, I'd like you to help me solve.

The said laptop is a Toshiba product, with Windows 7 installed, and has been used for over 2 years.
However, a few days ago, when it was turned on, it refused to boot.
Instead this message popped up on the screen;

" Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Windows\system32\drivers\aswbunivx.sys

Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt. "

I want to know;
-Is it necessary to re-install Windows 7 as instructed?
Or,
-Is this a bug or a computer virus problem?

Kindly advice me. The computer contains a lot of important and irreplacable files.

Cc Seun, Mynd44, lalasticlala Fynestboi
Re: Help! The Laptop Won't Boot.. by STEVOMAX: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2018
LemuelIrabor:
Hey there, gizmo experts!
smiley

Another wee problem, I'd like you to help me solve.

The said laptop is a Toshiba product, with Windows 7 installed, and has been used for over 2 years.
However, a few days ago, when it was turned on, it refused to boot.
Instead this message popped up on the screen;

" Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Windows\system32\drivers\aswbunivx.sys

Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt. "

I want to know;
-Is it necessary to re-install Windows 7 as instructed?
Or,
-Is this a bug or a computer virus problem?

Kindly advice me. The computer contains a lot of important and irreplacable files.

Cc Seun, Mynd44, lalasticlala Fynestboi

Kindly Repair the OS I mean with the windows 7 installation disk,, it won't affect you documents,, contact me for more info if confused 0705 998 3444
Re: Help! The Laptop Won't Boot.. by LemuelIrabor: 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
Cc Seun lalasticlala
Re: Help! The Laptop Won't Boot.. by LemuelIrabor: 4:53pm On Jan 23, 2018
STEVOMAX:

Kindly Repair the OS I mean with the windows 7 installation disk,, it won't affect you documents,, contact me for more info if confused 0705 998 3444

Huh? Are you sure?
'Cause a brother here tells me I have to back the files up on a hard drive first.

(1) (Reply)

Penetration Testing Service / Hard Disk For Sale / System Boots, But Screen Is Black/blank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.