Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,584 members, 7,816,435 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC - Gaming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (167487 Views)

Pls How Do I Play Multiplayer Games On Ppsspp / Playing Ps2 Games From A Memory Card. / Playing Ps2 Games Wit Just Flash Drives? No Lens, No Cd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dblock(m): 1:00am On Sep 26, 2006
For your information i do know about ps2 emulators and if you took a look at my original post you'll see that i spelt it right, i'm so proud cool The problem is that the complexity (and 128-bit nature) of the PS2, means it's a bitch to emulate on a 32-bit (even 64-bit) PC. Just think how long it took for the Nintendo64 (64-bit) to get a decent emulator (Project64), The only PS2 emulators around play only demos and homebrewed stuff, and slowly at that. I've been in the emu biz since 2003 and i think i know my stuff, from your latest post i have drawn up an analysis that you know more about ps2 emulators than I but you continue to miss my initial point, wether its your habit of boasting or your complete incapability of reading a simple paragraph i don't know, i'll also add that the reason the visualboy emu is the best around is not because of its simplicity but because of its many features and i shall repeat for the on hundreth time, i woul like if they would consider taking up the roll of mastering a ps2 emu with such features don't be hating --------peace--------- cool
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 1:06am On Sep 26, 2006
dblock:

For your information i do know about ps2 emulators and if you took a look at my original post you'll see that i spelt it right, i'm so proud cool The problem is that the complexity (and 128-bit nature) of the PS2, means it's a bitch to emulate on a 32-bit (even 64-bit) PC. Just think how long it took for the Nintendo64 (64-bit) to get a decent emulator (Project64), The only PS2 emulators around play only demos and homebrewed stuff, and slowly at that. I've been in the emu biz since 2003 and i think i know my stuff, from your latest post i have drawn up an analysis that you know more about ps2 emulators than I but you continue to miss my initial point, wether its your habit of boasting or your complete incapability of reading a simple paragraph i don't know, i'll also add that the reason the visualboy emu is the best around is not because of its simplicity but because of its many features and i shall repeat for the on hundreth time, i woul like if they would consider taking up the roll of mastering a ps2 emu with such features don't be hating --------peace--------- cool

you wont learn if you constantly assume stuff. take a look at this
http://www.nairaland.com//nigeria/topic-4307.96.html#msg498920
do these look like demos or homebrew stuff?

go to http://www.pcsx2.net

and then tell me the ps2 emu devs aren't heroes.

The true test of a developer isn't in tackling easy projects (like VBA). it's when you do things that weren't thought possible. like a ps1 emulator on psp, like n64 emu on xbox, like ps2 emulation etc.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dblock(m): 1:08am On Sep 26, 2006
to be honest i wasn't the guy that posted that hombrewed stuff i got it off a emu site to sound smart cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dblock(m): 1:11am On Sep 26, 2006
great stuff, but the only reason i assumed that ps2 emus were stuck in the mud forever is because i was led to believe so on other forums, like one time i was searching for roms for my nintendo ds emu when a link pops up swearing and saying you f**K head there is no such thing as nds roms well peace cool
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 1:13am On Sep 26, 2006
dblock:

to be honest i wasn't the guy that posted that hombrewed stuff i got it off a emu site to sound smart cry cry cry cry cry cry

you're lucky i can't stay mad at ppl 4 long. it's hard-coded in my genes  grin

Welcome aboard.
dblock:

great stuff, but the only reason i assumed that ps2 emus were stuck in the mud forever is because i was led to believe so on other forums, like one time i was searching for roms for my nintendo ds emu when a link pops up swearing and saying you f**K head there is no such thing as nds roms well peace cool

There ARE nintendo DS roms. if u still need help finding them, let me know.
Post your PC specs and i'll see what kinda stuff u can do with it.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dblock(m): 1:14am On Sep 26, 2006
are we still enemies if we are then that means i've got 4 enemies on nairaland if not then i've got three, it's all got to do with my philosophy of having no enemies in life, but my stepmom is imposiible not to hate. peace  cool
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dblock(m): 1:46am On Sep 26, 2006
I've got a DeSmuME.0.4.0 but I can't find any roms, there is this site where there are 1 gig ones but that sounds wierd to me
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by ladex142(m): 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2006
Look guys, the PS2 emu is going to be fully emulated soon. The present pcsx2 supports some good number of games that is considered playable, you just have to have a PC with good hardwares. visit http://www.pcsx2.net/ and http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-official-forum/ to learn more. And as i had said before, i'll be there waiting  grin.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2006
kai! tp u really cut loose on dblock o!

Chill for the guy now. He sounds like a nice enough guy!

Hey dblock, it really is a BIG achievement that the pcsx2 guys have made. U annoyed TP temporariliy by calling them illiterates,  name-calling causes more probs than it solves lololol! I should know! TP's a nice guy im sure he forgives you,  and will show u where to get DS roms too, lololol!  cheesy

pcsx2 is very close to prime-time. It plays ffx at 17fps on my computer (p4 630 3.0ghz hyperthreading with 1gig RAM and ati radeon x800 256mb gddr) which is a start. The image-quality of the graphics is stunning.

Also, I personally do not like Visualboy advance, because its system requirements are too high for a GBA emulator. PCs are fast enough to play the games, but that is no excuse. When porting VBA to PSP it was shown for the sloooooooooooooooooooow nonsense it is. In fact becaue of that it was a belief for a long time that GBA emulation was not going to happen on the PSP (hah! THAT has been disproved)
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Link321: 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2006
Hey cOdec i take it you know alot about emulators i was wondering if their is a emulator for japan games to the usa?
i know you have to have a Ps2 from japan to play them but is their a way on pc to play them without getting the Ps2 from Japan
and if the emulator works for those games as well?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Link321: 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2006
If any of you people have any info on this i would appreaciate it if you could reply back thank you.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 7:35pm On Oct 09, 2006
the ps2 emu should play all region ps2 games, i guess as long as you use the right bios? Not too sure. If you've got a good gaming pc, try it out!
BTW, if you've chipped your ps2, it should be able to play dvd games from all regions,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by Link321: 12:22am On Oct 10, 2006
Thanks Tex their is a chip to do that? were can i get it? and so its like an adapter for the ps2 or do i use it with the usb ports?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by goodguy(m): 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2006
Is it possible to attach a Playstation pad to one's pc? If possible, please tell me how.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2006
goodguy:

Is it possible to attach a Playstation pad to one's pc? If possible, please tell me how.

by using a converter like -> http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/114167/Play_com_USB_Dual_PS2_to_PC_Convertor_XP/Product.html

works brilliantly for me.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by kostas8: 11:39am On Oct 13, 2006
Hello. I have PCSX2. What do i have to do now? It says that i need the PS2 Bios. Does anyone have a link?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2006
yo c0dec

u know its possible to hook a 360 pad up to a pc with nothig more than a simple driver dowload from Msoft?

by far superior to the ps2 pad in my opinion,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2006
dakmanzero:

yo c0dec

u know its possible to hook a 360 pad up to a pc with nothig more than a simple driver dowload from Msoft?

u done it? haven't looked at the x360 port. is it USB?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by goodguy(m): 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2006
Thanks c0dec.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2006
@tp

Yeah 100% USB. detected even without the driver download (but unusable)

When you do download the driver, it works with all pad-supported games (even dmc3) and many games that are on 360 already (tr:legend and nfs:most wanted tested) have extended support. with 1.2 patch for TRL it has rumble, and identifies the buttons (x,y,a,b) correctly (w00t!)

NFSMW also identifies all keys correctly (but stupidly does not refer to them in menus, forcing u to use the keyboard for certain menu selkections, stupid) and has a rumble-ON switch that does not work () on my system. Pity, cos nfs needs rumble more than TRL

Also u know the triggers (L,R) are analogue? NFS has suport for using them as accelerator/brake and it makes a HUGE difference to how the game is played!!!!! more and more like real driving!~

Finally, if you so desire u can use XBCD hacked drivers, that allow non-360-aware games to support rumble, and to use the triggers as igital, rather than analogue input (many games have probs with that). Havent tried it yet, though. Will require uninstalling the official driver.

the 360 truly is the best pad for the pc! 4-5 grand at alaba, u can negotiate lower since its the wired one only.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2006
@Dakmanzero

I've just finished downloading elder scrolls 4: Oblivion. 4.63GB in one day! That's the power of broadband for u,
will get u a copy as soon as i return
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2006
dakmanzero:

yo c0dec

yeah i know. i still prefer the PS controller to 360's. fits well in my hand.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 8:53am On Oct 24, 2006
@tp:

jeeeeezus christ! abeg check ya mail
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2006
hey c0dec

why prefer the dualshock to the 360's pad?

i'd like to know. Ive always been of the opinion that playstation controllers were the worst part of the console,

1) the centre-less d-pad means that fighting games (sf style) are poorly controlled and corners are badly defined.

2) the design was a simple rip-off of the SNES pad but with no attention to the features that made that pad so good- only to visual similarity (confusing button notation, dim colouring on keys, two rows of shoulder buttons)

3) the force feedback was so bad it made many people have a wrong impression of 'rumble' for a long time. I myself was ignorant until I played HALO on the xbox 1 and later episode 1 racer on the N64. The owners of force feedback should sue sony for sabotage

4) the analogue sticks were so hastily tacked on in response to the n64 that the left stick was located wrongly (below instead of above) meaning that proper 3d gameplay was still secondary on the original ps until ps2 came out, and even then much thumb-aching abounded.

5) no triggers! no REAL fps gameplay,

with all these shortcomings, the ps2 pad is still a good controller. In time we all memorised the xo^[] thingy, and got used to the horrible d-pad (i have an overlay for my psp. It silenced all the dissenters), and got used to r1 and r2 ( l2 is still mania for most, me included)

however, i dont think its up to the standard of the 360 controller!

The 360 controller is based on controller S for the xbox, which is in my opinion the best firstparty controller i have ever used. It falls slightly short (oversensitive and corner-happy d-pad, slight shape change, loose analogue sticks) but has some improvements (black/white buttons are now shoulder buttons, genius, triggers are analogue, SUPER GENIUS!!!!!)

apart from its perfect shape, it has TRUE force feedback (play halo 2, dual wield any weapons, and see), a properly positioned left analogue stick, a d-pad with a centre, triggers (analogue, did i say that before? witness pedal-accelerator control in Need for speed!!!!!), depressable analogue sticks (for crouching in fps, another genius move), clear colour-coding and alphabetical notation on face buttons.

Now with all the above, you can see why I feel I need to know exactly what the dualshock has to offer over the 360 controller. I want to know if im missing something, or am i just decieving myself about the 360's controller?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2006
dakmanzero:

i'd like to know. Ive always been of the opinion that playstation controllers were the worst part of the console,
1) the centre-less d-pad means that fighting games (sf style) are poorly controlled and corners are badly defined.

weird. the PS controller is the best controller i've held. a perfect evolution of the SNES pad if you ask me. i've never had problems pulling off combos in SF on the PS1 so works ok for me. BTW, since big evil corp, nintendo patented their D-pad, sony had no choice than to improvise. compared to other controllers out there, sony's D-pad is the closest to nintendo's. if you've ever opened up a PS controller, you'll notice how similar they are. just has a little plastic trick to keep nintendo lawyers away.

dakmanzero:

2) the design was a simple rip-off of the SNES pad but with no attention to the features that made that pad so good- only to visual similarity (confusing button notation, dim colouring on keys, two rows of shoulder buttons)

hey the 2 rows of shoulder buttons works fine. i've never heard anyone complain about it till now. the button notation has to be different u know - they can't just completely clone the SNES pad. dim colouring? i never looked at the pad while i play so makes no difference.

dakmanzero:

3) the force feedback was so bad it made many people have a wrong impression of 'rumble' for a long time. I myself was ignorant until I played HALO on the xbox 1 and later episode 1 racer on the N64. The owners of force feedback should sue sony for sabotage

the force feedback wasnt an issue to me. i usually turned it off. the only game i really used it on was for metal gear solid and it was flawless.

dakmanzero:

4) the analogue sticks were so hastily tacked on in response to the n64 that the left stick was located wrongly (below instead of above) meaning that proper 3d gameplay was still secondary on the original ps until ps2 came out, and even then much thumb-aching abounded.

not sure what u mean exactly but maybe the PS analog sticks suck but at least they last longer than an N64 analog stick. every guy i know with an N64 has his stick broken. BTW, i never use analog sticks unless the game forces me to.

dakmanzero:

5) no triggers! no REAL fps gameplay,

FPSes are not the only genre you know. . . BTW, FPSes suck on consoles.

dakmanzero:

with all these shortcomings, the ps2 pad is still a good controller. In time we all memorised the xo^[] thingy, and got used to the horrible d-pad (i have an overlay for my psp. It silenced all the dissenters), and got used to r1 and r2 ( l2 is still mania for most, me included)

however, i don't think its up to the standard of the 360 controller!

The 360 controller is based on controller S for the xbox, which is in my opinion the best firstparty controller i have ever used. It falls slightly short (oversensitive and corner-happy d-pad, slight shape change, loose analogue sticks) but has some improvements (black/white buttons are now shoulder buttons, genius, triggers are analogue, SUPER GENIUS!!!!!)

apart from its perfect shape, it has TRUE force feedback (play halo 2, dual wield any weapons, and see), a properly positioned left analogue stick, a d-pad with a centre, triggers (analogue, did i say that before? witness pedal-accelerator control in Need for speed!!!!!), depressable analogue sticks (for crouching in fps, another genius move), clear colour-coding and alphabetical notation on face buttons.

Now with all the above, you can see why I feel I need to know exactly what the dualshock has to offer over the 360 controller. I want to know if im missing something, or am i just decieving myself about the 360's controller?

the 360 controller is too big. the PS controller marks my hand like booty marks beyonce. i've never held a controller as comfortable as the PS. just my personal preference.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2006
@codec
Nintendo the 'big evil corp.'? C'mon, man!

I agree with you, the ps pad is the most comfortable thing i've ever held in my hands (except for several portions of the female anatomy grin )
anyway, i happen to think that dakmanzero's one of those crazy nutters who kept pulling off 99 hit combos in killer instinct on the n64. i always did like the PS 'Broken' d-pad design.
When i see him, i'll check for the calluses on his thumb,
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2006
hmmm, codec & tp

I agree the ps pad is good, and as a result of being good, it has grown on you. Also, it is an evolution of the snes pad, one of the best pads. Personally I dont mind it.

However, I am highlighting the things that made the 360 pad and the controller S before it by far better than the ps pad or the dualshock. *shrug*. maybe im mistaken.

dont confuse the controller s with the original humongous xbox controller o! the humongoid controller was crap, but MS learened their lesson.

Anyway let me pick some points from ure post to show you its more of a case of 'you dont know what you're missing':

1) Wont contest this. Its a matter of preference and you like the ps pad. The End. However try playing streetfighter before and after using a simple cross overlay and tell me you dont feel like throwing the pad in the nearest bin.

2) 2 rows of shoulderbuttons is cool! No problem! However it was never something to shout about. However everyone who has experienced the triggers on the controller S cant stop yapping about them. *shrug*. One improvememnt was designed to add something tangible, the other was just, 'oh heres more buttons. yawn.'

3) See, you turn it off. On the xbox you will NEVER turn it off. Thats the difference between a true enhancement and a 'bulet point' enhancement!

4) No i didnt say that they suck. As a matter of fact the left stick is quite good and as u rightly say, the N64 sticks are flimsy and weak, ive never seen a broken left stick on ps2 (seen many broke right sticks tho). What I meant was that they just slapped them on instead of doing the right thing and locating them where the d-pad is, and moving the d-pad down. This is such a nobrainer that EVERY MAJOR CONSOLE after ps did this- DC, GC, XBOX, 360 all have the left stick above the d-pad. Because the let stick is located in such a retarded location (just like the analogue nub on psp) game developers were shy of depending on analogu control,

HENCE YOU NEVER USING ANALOGUE UNLESS THE GAME FORCS U TO. See? sony pulling wool over ure eyes!

5) I thought they sucked too, till I played Halo 2. And of course, halo 2 would suck on a ps2 pad for sure.

6) Hey! is it that big? well, my hands are big i guess, but it isnt that big nowwww, ah well. I dunno. In any case the 360 pad is more curvy than the ps pad so its more like beyonce's booty, ya know, lolololol!

TP, you will see a calluse but its NOT from fighting games! its from a can of texaco insecticide that irritated my fingers to the point of burning! AAAaaaargh!

By the way I'm a fighting game freak but i never became a combo wizard. The way I play dosnt cause my fingers to blister, but *does* require precision, so I have no patience with non-cenering pads like the ps pad. Try doing guile's somersault justice on a ps pad. If you can, you be baba.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by c0dec(m): 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2006
texazzpete:

@codec
Nintendo the 'big evil corp.'? C'mon, man!
do you know the amount of patents nintendo own? thats just plain evil.

@dakmanzero
i see you are in love. so do u use it for your PC FPSs now?
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 10:10am On Nov 01, 2006
Patents are evil, but the only way to fight them is to gather them.

Anyway they dont concern us in Naija anyway. We just dubdubdub tongue

In love? yes, kind of. I just found out a MAJOR mess-up with the 360 pad that almost ruins it for me (but to be fair, is only a problem on the PC)

the second analogue stick has a huge deadzone, where such evil happens as cross-axis control drift (u move the x-azis and theres a little y-axis movement) . In xbopx360 games you never notice this cos the games dont recognise the middle area of the stick, but on the PC you need to manually configure deadzone to escape it, bleh,

no i dont use it for pc fps. Rememer, Halo is specially designed for tyhe pad, and is actuially not as good when played with a mouse. Not sop for other fps.
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by texazzpete(m): 2:15am On Nov 02, 2006
@dakmanzero

at times u hardcore types really scare me, man,
BTW, your fone's almost always on voicemail, and time's running out on me over here. if u still want me to help u carry those stuff then u'd better get cracking
Re: Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC by dakmanzero(m): 9:16am On Nov 03, 2006
Ah, sorry about my poor communication habits. Towards the end of the month my line gets flaky ( post-paid)

Hmmm,  I'm thinking it may not be so important for me to bother you with wandering around the maze that is Ilford (believe me, you will need to have a car and a mobile phone to find this guy's place), and besides the guy himself is coming down this december, so no wahala. If theres anything that i think you'll be interested in, I'll drop u a line and we can burn and exchange. No wahala.

Oh and i'm not hardcore. I noticed this while trying to set up the pad, as anyone would! I hardly play (no time) and I'm sure you'll kick my ass at anything that isnt quake, streetfighter or tekken (but forget those three!)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Real: Download Pes 2014 Mobile Game For Free Here / What Pc Do You Game On Nairaland? / Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.