Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others (4064 Views)

Troops Kill Boko Haram Militants In Borno School, Also Recover Weapons.pics / Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) / Graphic Photos Of Slain Boko Haram Militants In A Recent Military Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2010
Beaf:

I find this article and the direction of 90% of its contributors to be very disturbing and shameful.

Those boys deserve every ounce of training they can get out of the govt. Nigeria is fed and watered of the back of the Niger Delta, but rather than reap benefits, ND land and waterways are seized and polluted with impunity by the FG. In other parts of the country, the jobless can fish, farm or hunt; in the ND, land, water, birds, fish and animals have been destroyed. The Niger Delta is the most polluted oil producing area in the whole World. What a shame!. . . What alternatives are left but to fight?
In order to positively occupy the hands and minds of those whose lands have been destroyed to enrich the nation, compensation must be paid. The training of the fighters is one form of compensation, but a lot more is coming, especially with the US agreement (signed last week) to develop the area. Its going to be the first industrialised part of Nigeria and deservedly so.
when the boko harams and the jos militants sruck,you didnt suggest skills acquistion and re-orientation for them.now that your brothers are involved,you prefer to chose side instead of addressing the issue critically.it's only in nigeria you hear of this type of things happen.i recommend the massob members and opc participate in this investment.lol
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2010
naijamini:

Whoever is coming up with this nonsense is planning to steal the Amnesty funds.

Only the funds would make it abroad - which country is going to grant a know militant a visa?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Beaf: 4:42pm On Apr 15, 2010
~Bluetooth:

when the boko harams and the jos militants sruck,you didnt suggest skills acquistion and re-orientation for them.now that your brothers are involved,you prefer to chose side instead of addressing the issue critically.it's only in nigeria you hear of this type of things happen.i recommend the massob members and opc participate in this investment.lol

Did the actions of the Federal Government cause Boko Haram or the Jos massacre? Your reply to my argument is so far off point, that it is incredibly ridiculous.
Do you in seriousness, think what you've said above qualifies as a reply to the points I raised? shocked

Has the Federal Government siezed OPC or Boko Haram land and polluted it, siezed rivers and polluted them, polluted their air, killed their folk in thousands and made subsistence impossible? That is what has happened in the ND is being paid for (like it or not). Abeg, lets apply common sense jare.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2010
*****Shudders****
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2010
The Nigerian Military that are defending the nation where trained in Nigeria
The Nigerian Police Force were trained in Nigeria
The Senators, and president and the rest most were trained in Nigeria.
Now they wanna send "ex" militant abroad for training? Nigeria have issues
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by marvix(m): 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2010
@oyb dat is d principle of d amnesty. Old things are passed away, these boys didn't hate d oil coys it was their practices nd even Yaradua acknowledged d culpability of govt and d oil coys in d crisis, so if d ex militants are properly trained then d oil coys must nd will employ them
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Fhemmmy: 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2010
marvix:

@oyb dat is d principle of d amnesty. Old things are passed away, these boys didn't hate d oil coys it was their practices nd even Yaradua acknowledged d culpability of govt and d oil coys in d crisis, so if d ex militants are properly trained then d oil coys must nd will employ them

Must they be sent abroad to be trained?
Some of them will even prefer the money for them to start up some good biz, or how much u think will be needed per person?
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Beaf: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Must they be sent abroad to be trained?
Some of them will even prefer the money for them to start up some good biz, or how much u think will be needed per person?

Where can you get courses in underwater welding in Nigeria? Just as an example.
Quite a few of our oil installations require such. Why not train local people to that instead of importing expatriates?
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 15, 2010
from blowing pipelines to welding pipelines all in one year cheesy
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Beaf: 5:14pm On Apr 15, 2010
oyb:

E be like say your points done dry. grin
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Apr 15, 2010
oyb:

You mean say all them millitants say dem want training in UK for career in welding pipelines? ROFLMAO!!
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Rastamann: 5:21pm On Apr 15, 2010
There is really an incentive to be a millitant in Nigeria. We should all expect more people joining the millitancy and kidnapping school.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2010
Beaf:

Where can you get courses in underwater welding in Nigeria? Just as an example.
Quite a few of our oil installations require such. Why not train local people to that instead of importing expatriates?

So what and how would you compensate the good citizen that never blew the pipeline before?
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by viclee009: 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2010
Good call, don't forget to pay for their weapon for hostile takeover of the country when they complete
their foreign training grin grin grin
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by marvix(m): 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2010
Do pple on dis forum rily want dis country 2 move 4ward y all d bad belle 4 pple been sent abroad, police oficers, military personel have also bin sent abroad normally 4 trainin.

I think pple just think havin light to enjoy fan nd roads to travel to their pple in their villages is d prob of Nigeria, no wonder they never saw anythin good in Yaradua nd its not rily their fault they are d half baked graduates dis nation has produced.

4 ur info, kobojunkie,bluetooth,oyb nd co there is no place we can train pple in maritime and underwater engr process here in Nig nd most of these jobs presently are bein done by expatriates earnin a lot of money in dollars nd dis move by govt wil ensure dat wen they get back they will have good jobs with good pay which wld be beta dan wat they make as militants.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Fhemmmy: 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2010
marvix:

Do pple on dis forum rily want dis country 2 move 4ward y all d bad belle 4 pple been sent abroad, police oficers, military personel have also bin sent abroad normally 4 trainin.

I think pple just think havin light to enjoy fan nd roads to travel to their pple in their villages is d prob of Nigeria, no wonder they never saw anythin good in Yaradua nd its not rily their fault they are d half baked graduates dis nation has produced.

4 your info, kobojunkie,bluetooth,oyb nd co there is no place we can train pple in maritime and underwater engr process here in Nig nd most of these jobs presently are bein done by expatriates earnin a lot of money in dollars nd dis move by govt wil ensure dat wen they get back they will have good jobs with good pay which wld be beta dan wat they make as militants.

These are the kinda people we need to use to guard our jail, not to becomes a marine engineer.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2010
marvix:

4 your info, kobojunkie,bluetooth,oyb nd co there is no place we can train pple in maritime and underwater engr process here in Nig nd most of these jobs presently are bein done by expatriates earnin a lot of money in dollars nd dis move by govt wil ensure dat wen they get back they will have good jobs with good pay which wld be beta dan wat they make as militants.

Are you saying that these men, all militants most of whom spent their criminal years blowing up pipelines, want a career in Pipeline wielding?  I mean it is sort of like training ex Al-Qaida militants for a future in humanitarian work. ROFLMAO!!

What about Niger delta youths who have stayed out of crime, struggling to make a decent living? Why isn't that money being spent instead on training them rather than rewarding hoodlums who blew up pipelines and stuff? Or are the militants the only INTELLIGENT minds from the area for this?

I hate to break it to you @Marvix, you cannot cut this rationally.  It does not make sense that money is being spent on training militants abroad when there are youths out there who have been responsible and would benefit more from this.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Beaf: 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2010
Fhemmmy:

So what and how would you compensate the good citizen that never blew the pipeline before?

If you are talking about good Niger Delta citizens, then there has just been a bilateral agreement signed between Nigeria and the US. One of the priorities of that agreement is the development of the Niger Delta. There are several components to compenstating the area that has paid dearly with lives, property, health and livelyhoods to feed Nigeria.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by kabarka(m): 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2010
Ok. I gat it.Graduation to terrorism.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Spyker: 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2010
First it was salary of N65K for doing nothing, now it is oversea training.
Sometimes, i regret wasting my time going to school from primary to Secondary to University level only for your country not to recognise you because you are not an AK 47 carrying person.
Rubbish
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2010
imagine the look on the face of the oyibo trainer who spent 6 weeks in captivity in the creeks and swore never to come back to naija when he recognizes one of his trainees as 'ak47', one of his kidnappers
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2010
oyb:

imagine the look on the face of the oyibo trainer who spent 6 weeks in captivity in the creeks and swore never to come back to naija when he recognizes one of his trainees as 'ak47', one of his kidnappers

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by bawomolo(m): 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2010
Only the funds would make it abroad - which country is going to grant a know militant a visa?

lol

oyb:

that would be surreal
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by marvix(m): 7:19am On Apr 16, 2010
Quote frm kobojunkie

What about Niger delta youths who have stayed out of crime, struggling to make a decent living? Why isn't that money being spent instead on training them rather than rewarding hoodlums who blew up pipelines and stuff? Or are the militants the only INTELLIGENT minds from the area for this?

I hate to break it to you @Marvix, you cannot cut this rationally.  It does not make sense that money is being spent on training militants abroad when there are youths out there who have been responsible and would benefit more from this.

@kobojunkie, the future is more important dan d present, for d other ND youths who hav not bin carryin arms, they are educated nd trained to an extent already and with d massive development planned for d ND region will be a major employer of this set of pple, because of d relative peace bein enjoyed now in region oil coys will b able to work more hence would also need 2 employ more nd have d capacity to employ more youths.

This xmilitants hav bin recognised as heroes and they are the ones who brought attention 2 dat region and surely deserve 2 be recognised as so, if we can give houses 2 footballers who go 2 win tournaments den why won't we giv dis militants trainin 2 mak dem useful.

This shows d depth of plans this administration hav 4d nation if they can plan intl trainin for militants, we can imagine d depth of plans they have 4 d power sector, infrastructure nd other aspects of d national life.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by marvix(m): 7:25am On Apr 16, 2010
Quote frm Spyker
Sometimes, i regret wasting my time going to school from primary to Secondary to University level only for your country not to recognise you because you are not an AK 47 carrying person.
Rubbish

@spyker if there is no peace u can't even put ur qualification 2 work, but if these militants are sent out then ur qualification will come into use. The overall interest of d nation is more important than personal interest
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by aloyemeka2: 7:28am On Apr 16, 2010
marvix:

Quote frm Spyker
Rubbish

@spyker if there is no peace u can't even put your qualification 2 work, but if these militants are sent out then your qualification will come into use. The overall interest of d nation is more important than personal interest

Who said they didn't do anything?. For Gods sake, they terrorized Yaradua and made his life a living hell in AsoRock. No wonder the man is invalid now.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by marvix(m): 7:32am On Apr 16, 2010
@aloy gues u are right d militancy was a major headache 2 Yaradua, if d ND is got right I know he will feel fulfilled I only pray d nation wld recognise Yaradua 4 dis.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by MONAGHAN: 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2010
I don`t understand why some mumu can`t understand the term (AMNESTY PEACE DEAL )
I would applause the Federal government for approaching the problem in a diplomacy way,rather than trying to deal with it fire to fire, it not the first time this kind of problem is address in this manaer , UK have kind of same problem with IRA militants, and Spain with ETA , Like wise they approach the problem with some deal .
moreover,educating and training them on various skill is part of the deal, which is not a bad deal , it those not matter where they are send
for education , deal is deal.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by HERO111: 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2010
Wat will OPC fight for? or what will arrewa boys fight for? i beggy. You need to fight for something and not just fighting for fighting sake.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On Apr 16, 2010
marvix:

@kobojunkie, the future is more important dan d present, for d other ND youths who hav not bin carryin arms, they are educated nd trained to an extent already and with d massive development planned for d ND region will be a major employer of this set of pple, because of d relative peace bein enjoyed now in region oil coys will b able to work more hence would also need 2 employ more nd have d capacity to employ more youths.

OKGBABI OOO!!!! The other ND Youths who have not been carrying arms are already educated and trained to an extent ALREADY?

I am sorry, whatever point you were trying to make is lost at this point. To tell us this lie and somehow think we will still consider you a credible advocate for the poor ND is just warped. Seriously, you have lost me. Please ignore me and continue with someone else who has time for your lies talk.
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2010
We have to judge the militants by their actions and not by their words. Their actions of kidnapping, gun-running, assasination,vandalism extortion and robbery shows them to be criminally minded,  So in that sense giving them cash handouts or scholarships is just rewarding criminal behaviour.
Personally I would prefer them to be in some sort of cage.
But certainly there is a case for giving scholarships to law-abiding low-income students from the Niger Delta
Re: FG To Train Ex-militants In UK, US, Others by marvix(m): 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2010
@kobojunkie, I don't undastand u but since u said I shld ignore u I gues I would, but maybe u haven't heard dat anoda list of PTDF scholars, there are some youths trainin under PTDF startin on monday, if wat makes u happy is paintin govt nd Nigeria in bad light nd as a place where nothin good happens then please urself because 4 me I hav decided 2 look @ d beautiful side of life nd if govt is sendin xmilitants abroad it makes me hapi cos we ar on d rite path of endin d militancy in d ND.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Oil revenue in 2016 budget is just 820 billion naira? An Explanation!! / The Demonization Of The Yorubas. / Peuhl Militia Masquerading Has Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.