Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,294 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment (1388 Views)

Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / President Ibrahim Babangida Is Alive - Yemi Saka / Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 23, 2018
Copied:

They will kill me; they will kill the President Elect, Chief MKO Abiola if I went ahead with the election and announced the winner of the elections which we all know to be Bashorun, Chief MKO Abiola. I know so; I am not daft. He won; he tried. I feel bad about the whole matter. Professor, I do not see how they will spare you because they know you are my principal confidant. You think they do
not know you? They know; they know you are
with me now. They saw you coming in and they know you are with me now I cannot kill myself for the sake of what the country wants. I am sorry, he lamented. It was astonishing to hear a General state that he could not lay down his life for his country.

It was clear that General Babangida was in a fix as of June 21st 1993. I then proceeded to deal with the questions of who were these “they” and for what reasons would they want to kill the President and the President Elect if the June 12 election were allowed to go forward. He named them in military and in ethnic categories: Sani (meaning General Sani Abacha) is opposed to a return to civilian rule. Sani cannot stand the idea of Chief Abiola, a Yoruba becoming his Commander- in- Chief; Sani seems to have the ears of the Norhern leaders that no Southerner especially from the South West should become the President of the country. Sani seems to rally the Northern elders to confront me on the matter.
He is winning; the Sultan and the Northern
leaders are of this frame of mind.

Where do I go from here? They do not trust me. Without Sani, I will not be alive today; without the North, I would not have become an officer in the Nigerian Army and now the President of Nigeria I don’t want to appear ungrateful to Sani; he may not be bright upstairs but he knows how to overthrow governments and overpower coup plotters. He saw to my coming to office in 1985 and to my protection in the many coups I faced in the past, especially the Orkar coup of 1990
where he saved me and my family including my infant daughter.”

Sani risked his life to get me into office in 1983 and 1985; if he says he does not want Chief Abiola, I will not force Chief Abiola on him. He also named Lt General Dongoyaro and Brigadier General David Mark as those who were against Chief Abiola. In fact, he quoted David Mark as saying: I’d shoot Chief Abiola the day NEC ( National Electoral Commission) pronounces him the elected President!

SOURCE:THE TALE OF JUNE 12: THE BETRAYAL OF THE DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS OF NIGERIANS

- BY PROFESSOR OMO OMORUYI.

1 Like

Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by lordimmaogidi(m): 9:54pm On Jan 23, 2018
interesting
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by ecdcyber: 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 23, 2018
lordimmaogidi:
interesting
where is sani now, though david mark still in the senate as a floor member.
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by Likei(m): 10:22pm On Jan 23, 2018
Fulani agenda again
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by espn(m): 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2018
Hmmmmmm...David Mark...No Comment...
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by dodelight(m): 11:17pm On Jan 23, 2018
Following
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by omonnakoda: 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2018
I thought the mods seen and my do were campaigning against fake news? Is this not Pake news?
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by PierreDeFermath(m): 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2018
how true is this pls? I saw it on Facebook too
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:13am On Jan 24, 2018
it's already late....don't open up again
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by 7lives: 12:34am On Jan 24, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
See as this one dey confess like a winch, who ask you story?, expired general.
If it doesn't kill us, it will only make us stronger, the same Yorubas that you people never wanted to rule have since ruled, even though not the way they would have wanted it.
They are also firmly in control of their region, marching on UNSTOPPABLE, get that into your stinking brain grin grin grin banza gurugu. grin grin grin
And the status of the North as the most backward part of Nigeria remains the same.
As for David Mark who said he will personally kill mko should power be handed over to him, Unongo, Jerry Gana, Jerry Useni and the host of other useless middle belt-ters, it is YOUR TIME TO GNASH TEETH AND BURY YOUR DEAD, WE WENT THROUGH IT AND HEAVENS DID NOT FALL.
I said it before and i'm still standing by it, Shango, Shanpono, Ogun, Ayelala, the committee of Yoruba pantheons will rise and strike any Yoruba man or woman, who shall stand up to cry or wail or sympathies or complain over the crisis in the middle belt.
They call themselves NORTH, LET THE NORTH SOLVE THE NORTHER CRISIS, IT IS NOT OUR BUSINESS IN YORUBA LAND

1 Like

Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by Babacele: 3:00am On Jan 24, 2018
trash.
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by omonnakoda: 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2018
One question for Mynd44

Is this genuine or True news?
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by Agbaletu: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
Could this be true?
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by AbuEzeFemi(m): 2:34pm On Jan 27, 2018
omonnakoda:
One question for Mynd44
this is a mega lie
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by omonnakoda: 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
omonnakoda:
One question for Mynd44

My issue is the SELECTIVE shutting down of so called fake news in a way that suggests an agenda.
This story has no source and even when attention is drawn to it it is ignored while other stories are culled within seconds.
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by omonnakoda: 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
AbuEzeFemi:

this is a mega lie
Well I don't know it could be true I just want to learn. My mind is genuinely open
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
Long long time ago
Re: Ex President, Ibrahim Babangida Opened Up On June 12 Annulment by opeyemicollins(m): 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2018
they will all join abiola one day,God is the most superior

(1) (Reply)

More Than 60% Of Suicide Bombers In Syria And Iraq Are From Saudi Arabia / Mother Of Rally For JKF Lekansi Led By President Buhari @ Ado Ekiti / Kwankwaso Mobbed By Crowd As He Arrives Niger State PDP Office.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.