Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development (15399 Views)

FG Votes N792m To Refurbish Aircraft / Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner / 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Devt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by SycophanticGoat: 10:03am On Jan 24, 2018
sarrki:
Akanbi olodo ide

The greatest politician of our time

Long live asiwaju

Prophet Mohammadu Buhari ( SAW KNIFE) until 2323, insha OutshaAllah, Ameen. Mash CrushAllah Ameen..

Thunder scatter Tinubu Outshalla Ameen.. cheesy grin
Devil baptise Akanbi Crushallah Ameen.. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by GavelSlam: 10:17am On Jan 24, 2018
It is incumbent on the ministry of agriculture, commerce and trade as well as the security apparatchik to provide a long lasting solution to the crises.

Without doubt, the issue of "Fulani Herdsmen" consists of inter-communal wars, over-grazing and encroachment, criminal acts of terrorism and cattle rustling, embedded foreign and criminal elements, religious and tribal sentiments and of course non-identification of individuals who go by the name.

It therefore is justifiable for government to provide policies and strategies to avoid spilling of blood.

With such colonies, it would make itinerant pastoral grazing unattractive and totally unacceptable.

This would make identification of such bovine herders easier, should engender peace and improve the policing and security aspects associated with cattle rearing as practised today.

1 Like

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:23am On Jan 24, 2018
People should stop whipping themselves into a frenzy over nothing. N5billion is less than $15m. Just about every country in the world spends a lot of money on agricultural subsidies. US farmers get about $25 billion dollars a year in handouts from the government and the main recipients funny enough are wealthy owners of huge farms and ranches who shouldn't need the subsidies, but they still get it.

The overwhelming majority of cattle rearers in Nigeria are peasants and to succeed in ranching their cattle and educating them in modern animal husbandry, the government have to intervene and at least support them with infrastructure. We have to be reasonable rather than reflexively criticizing anything and everything as being part of some wider sinister agenda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 24, 2018
This is very good news. If government money can be allocated to the building of markets and shopping malls for traders, then it is perfectly in order for money to be appropriated for cattle colonies. Afterall, they're all infrastructures for business
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2018
GoroTango:
This is very good news. If government money can be allocated to the building of markets and shopping malls for traders, then it is perfectly in order for money to be appropriated for cattle colonies. Afterall, they're all infrastructures for business

Stop talking nonsense. People pay rent for shops. Cattle rearers expect handouts while giving nothing. The only reason I support this initiative is if it could keep the blood-thirsty mass murderers in their Northern enclaves instead of ravaging communities across the Middle Belt and South, then we might have some peace. The shame is that their barbarism is rewarded with appeasement, but considering states have no police and all Federal security agencies are utterly useless and usually headed by Northerners doing the bidding of the herdsmens' grand patron in Aso Rock, there is no choice other than appeasement.
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by auwalyau: 10:55am On Jan 24, 2018
Better than N100B voted by GEJ but embezzled and nothing happened.
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 24, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Stop talking nonsense. [b]People pay rent for shops. Cattle rearers expect handouts while giving nothing. [/b]The only reason I support this initiative is if it could keep the blood-thirsty mass murderers in their Northern enclaves instead of ravaging communities across the Middle Belt and South, then we might have some peace. The shame is that their barbarism is rewarded with appeasement, but considering states have no police and all Federal security agencies are utterly useless and usually headed by Northerners doing the bidding of the herdsmens' grand patron in Aso Rock, there is no choice other than appeasement.
And who told you the cattle rearers wouldn't be made to pay for the ranch? Do you think the place is to be run with government momey? Go back and read what the minister said before coming to display your ignorance here
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by tellmemore15: 11:03am On Jan 24, 2018
Justice not colonies... justice

2 Likes

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by reiddecuti: 11:19am On Jan 24, 2018
Alejoas:
Cattle grazing is a private business.... How much do they vote for poultry production that can save us the stress of overdependence on beef? This govt sef.... na something else they be
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by odudueffiom(m): 11:24am On Jan 24, 2018
shea i talk am say dis cattle colonies na another way of syphoning our money........no worry by 2020 will all go our seperate ways
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:31am On Jan 24, 2018
GoroTango:
And who told you the cattle rearers wouldn't be made to pay for the ranch? Do you think the place is to be run with government momey? Go back and read what the minister said before coming to display your ignorance here

Past precedent tells me so. Comparing ranchers and store owners/renters is pretty silly. Herdsmen who can't graze their cattle in the bushes without feeling the need to graze on people's farms are unlikely to take kindly to being asked to pay for use of a ranch. It's not ignorance. It's a factual observation of the pathologies than Fulani bororo culture espouses.

2 Likes

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Past precedent tells me so. Comparing ranchers and store owners/renters is pretty silly. Herdsmen who can't graze their cattle in the bushes without feeling the need to graze on people's farms are unlikely to take kindly to being asked to pay for use of a ranch. It's not ignorance. It's a factual observation of the pathologies than Fulani bororo culture espouses.
It is not silly to compare traders and herdsmen from the point of view of government intervention to provide infrastructure for business to thrive. In fact the cattle herders need government intervention more than ever because they poise a very serious threat to our national security. We cant allow them roam about killing people and causing mayhem everywhere. Oya Mr smart guy proffer your own solution to the problem let us hear
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by 12submarine(m): 11:52am On Jan 24, 2018
GoroTango:
It is not silly to compare traders and herdsmen from the point of view of government intervention to provide infrastructure for business to thrive. In fact the cattle herders need government intervention more than ever because they poise a very serious threat to our national security. We cant allow them roam about killing people and causing mayhem everywhere. Oya Mr smart guy proffer your own solution to the problem let us hear
They should tax themselves from their nama, not using Niger Delta oil money to support immigrants from Futa Jalon. Traders pay for their rents and other bills including taxes but those immigrants don't pay anything.
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by salesforce: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by DedeNkem: 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2018
Nobody has divided Nigeria more than f*ucking tribalist buhari and his fellow northern em*beciles!!

IPOB only protests peacefully, unarmed and neither kills nor steals/damages people's property.

But what did tribalist buhari do? He illegally called IPOB a terrorist group and sent the corrupt Army and police to kill its members for absolutely no genuine reason!!

On the other hand, fulani terrorists have been invading communities all over Nigeria and slaughtering innocent people both men, women and children!

But what did tribalist buhari do? Absolutely NOTHING. He has neither called them terrorists nor sent out the Army or police to capture or kill fulani terrorists!! Instead he now he wants to give fulani terrorists billions. How is that fair?

The difference between the two groups;

One is a peaceful IGBO group, while the other is a FULANI terrorist group that tribalist fulani murderer, buhari, protects and wants to give billions!!

Incompetent tribalist Buhari keeps proving IPOB right every day. Igbos are not treated fairly in this country. Let Igbos go!!!
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by nduchucks: 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2018
Alejoas:
Cattle grazing is a private business.... How much do they vote for poultry production that can save us the stress of overdependence on beef? This govt sef....

While cattle rearing crould be deemed to be private business, it is the business of a responsible government to find creative solutions for conflicts which cause deaths to Nigerians - farmers and herdsmen inclusive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
GoroTango:

You must have missed the part where I said I'm in support of the funding of their ranches. Their barbarism and blood-lust has to be appeased, so the rest of us folk can have peace. That doesn't mean they deserve government support any more than people involved in other trades who get no government support.
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
nduchucks:

While cattle rearing crould be deemed to be private business, it is the business of a responsible government to find creative solutions for conflicts which cause deaths to Nigerians - farmers and herdsmen inclusive.

No...in this particular case, it's simply the business of an incompetent government, since the security apparatus that is totally dominated by Northerners (through a vicious nepotistic cycle that has persisted since the military era) cannot protect the victims of savage, blood-sucking herdsmen, appeasement is the only choice they've left us with. It's worth experimenting, but appeasement hasn't always sated their blood-lust. In places like Kaduna, El Rufai, tribalistic moroon that he is, basically PAID them to stop attacking Southern Kaduna indigenes and it still hasn't stopped them.
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by OreMI22: 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
THE TRUTH ABOUT CATTLE COLONIES
The Nigerian govt. have decided to establish cattle colonies in every state of the country. Each colony will be five thousand hectares of land(5,000). This will be for fulani herdsmen. Do you know that :
(1) 1 hectare is a football field.
(2) 10 hectares is one square kilometer.
(3) 100 hectares is 10 square kilometers.
(4) 1,000 hectares is 100 square kilometers, ie 100,000m by 100,000m. And now >� (5) 5,000 hectares is 500 square kilometers, ie 500,000 m by 500,000m. This is a stretch of 25 kilometers by 20 kilometers of land mass. This is the kind of land mass they want for the fulani colonies. Imagine parts of the land stretching from Zuba to Gwagwalada to Airport junction to kuje to Aya towards Nyanya to Buari and environs.
# Do you know that many local Governments land mass in Nigeria are smaller than one colony?. In fact almost every local government in the South south,south East, and South west is smaller than one colony.
# So they want to establish one Fulani local Govt Area in every state of Nigeria.
# Do you know that there is only one (1) cattle colony in the whole world? It is in Pakistan, near the town of Karachi.
# Do not read alone. Pass on. Peace.

SAMBISA FOREST
* 686 square kilometers.
* 6.8 million hectares.
* 68 million plots of 100 feet by 100 feet.
* At 5 cows per plot, it can take 340 million cows.
* 340 million cows is 18 times the current number of cows in Nigeria.

They have not told us what exactly they're looking for. But we know!
SAY NO TO HERDSMEN COLONIES.

What is a colony?
The dictionary defines colony as a settlement of emigrants(settlers)who move to a new place, but remain culturally tied to their original place.

The following amongst others will happen if you allow the proposed colonies setup in the 36 states & the FCT.

1. mosques will be opened in your ancestorial homes with horn speakers to call for prayers. Its their culture!

2. Emirs will be installed to supritend over the colonies, its their culture!

3. No limit to the number of wives because its their culture!

4. No limit to the number of children(because its their culture!) This means b4 long, they will out number your people and start spreading because its their culture!

5. You must not complain because if you do, you will be seen as fighting their culture & belief!

6. Even if their animals stŕays out of these colony to your neighbourhood, which will obviously happen you must not complain. If you do then expect deadly attacks.

7. They will not obey the laws, custom & tradition of your land where the colony is located. They obey islamic law, custom & tradition!
Please say no to this evil Jhardist agenda.

Don't be a careless and carefree Christian and start crying later when it is no longer possible to reverse the evil. This was how Ilorin Kwara State was taken over with an Emir ruling them till date.
God has helped us to destroy many evil laws by this government within the last two and half years, this one is the deadliest and this too must not STAND.

Pray using Genesis 11:5-6 that God will confound their speeches, their language and will raise diversities of tongues among them and that this EVIL COLONY agenda be scattered in Jesus name.
Pls let us share widely. It is urgent!
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

You must have missed the part where I said I'm in support of the funding of their ranches. Their barbarism and blood-lust has to be appeased, so the rest of us folk can have peace. That doesn't mean they deserve government support any more than people involved in other trades who get no government support.
This is where I will have to disagree with you. You have to appreciate the peculiar nature of the herdsman's trade. They move around the country with their cattle and engage farmers in bloody clashes, clashes which have serious national security implications. This is not the case with traders and other businessmen. On the pecking order of priorities, national security sits high above any other consideration. That's why when the Niger delta militants were blowing up the oil pipelines instead of prosecuting them (as the law demands), instead they were even paid money and the problem more or less went away. You get my point now?

1 Like

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
GoroTango:
This is where I will have to disagree with you. You have to appreciate the peculiar nature of the herdsman's trade. They move around the country with their cattle and engage farmers in bloody clashes, clashes which have serious national security implications. This is not the case with traders and other businessmen. On the pecking order of priorities, national security sits high above any other consideration. That's why when the Niger delta militants were blowing up the oil pipelines instead of prosecuting them (as the law demands), instead they were even paid money and the problem more or less went away. You get my point now?

You're saying the same thing I'm saying with different words. For the security of life and property of other Nigerians, this is the best thing to do. That doesn't mean the herdsmen merit such considerations on their own merits. Their murderous activities is what has compelled the appeasement: not the rightness of their cause. It's like my being waylaid by an armed robber who demands my money and valuables. I give them to him to save myself from harm or death, not because any natural law accords him the right to my property.

Niger Delta militants had legitimate grievances about a government who seized their common patrimony with no compensation for their communities they destroyed. Their actions were morally justifiable (and they rarely killed anyone - they mostly sabotaged oil facilities). Fulani herdsmen militants are a mindless death cult looking to seize what doesn't belong to them with the complicity of a useless national security apparatus with zero will to tackle them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 24, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

You're saying the same thing I'm saying with different words. For the security of life and property of other Nigerians, this is the best thing to do. That doesn't mean the herdsmen [b]merit such considerations on their own merits.[/b] Their murderous activities is what has compelled the appeasement: not the rightness of their cause. It's like my being waylaid by an armed robber who demands my money and valuables. I give them to him to save myself from harm or death, not because any natural law accords him the right to my property.

Niger Delta militants had legitimate grievances about a government who seized their common patrimony with no compensation for their communities they destroyed. [s]Their actions were morally justifiable [/s](and they rarely killed anyone - they mostly sabotaged oil facilities). Fulani herdsmen militants are a mindless death cult looking to seize what doesn't belong to them with the complicity of a useless national security apparatus with zero will to tackle them.
Firstly I know in your mind ALL Fulani herdsmen are marauding terrorists. This doesn't come as a surprise because the influence of print and social media is what informs your opinion. This is false as you dont know the first thing about herdsmen and their way of life. Fulani herdsmen are in their hundreds of thousands and it is only a small minority among them that are carrying out these killings. Therefore using your logic I might as well say all Igbo men who travel abroad are drug smugglers. But we all know that is not the case. The herdsmen are honest, legitimate business owners just like any other who's peculiar trade and implications thereof, deserve some special kind of government intervention in the interests of the wider society. Also don't tell me that militants have a moral right to carry out bombings, killing of police and soldiers in addition to kidnappings of oil workers cos no sane person can even begin to argue with you on that point
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Realist2: 1:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
Buhari is the worst thing to have happened to this country, one week one mischievous controversy.
The speed at which this government is pursuing the cattle agenda you know that it is a hiding agenda.
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
GoroTango:
Firstly I know in your mind ALL Fulani herdsmen are marauding terrorists. This doesn't come as a surprise because the influence of print and social media is what informs your opinion. This is false as you dont know the first thing about herdsmen and their way of life. Fulani herdsmen are in their hundreds of thousands and it is only a small minority among them that are carrying out these killings. Therefore using your logic I might as well say all Igbo men who travel abroad are drug smugglers. But we all know that is not the case. The herdsmen are honest, legitimate business owners just like any other who's peculiar trade and implications thereof, deserve some special kind of government intervention in the interests of the wider society. Also don't tell me that militants have a moral right to carry out bombings, killing of police and soldiers in addition to kidnappings of oil workers cos no sane person can even begin to argue with you on that point

Strawman argument. I haven't said all herdsmen are marauding terrorists. A significant minority of them are though and they represent an unacceptable security threat. There is a reason they were ranked the 3rd deadliest terrorist group in the world. The activities of this deadly minority is more than enough to put herdsmen as a group under serious scrutiny. But in Nigeria where no one blinks at the loss of life, I can understand why that doesn't qualify as an outrage to you. Say the damn truth and stop hiding behind inane strawman arguments.

Again, they do not deserve anything. That is where you and I will never agree here, so it's pointless labouring the point. Appeasing their savage blood-lust doesn't mean they "deserve" anything.

Niger Delta militants had the moral right to sabotage the activities of the government. A few killings they carried out and their kidnappings were crimes against individuals, but their sabotaging of government revenue was absolutely right. They tolerate what no other group in this country could tolerate. If the oil in this country was in the North and the South depended on Northern resources, there wouldn't even be a country called Nigeria. The North would have gone their own way a looooong time ago. grin
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by 12submarine(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2018
GoroTango:
Is the money used for compensating Niger Deltans from cattle? Is it not part of their God given resources that was used for paying them? Why cant Buhari use part of the proceeds of the cattle to settle the problem they are causing?
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Strawman argument. I haven't said all herdsmen are marauding terrorists. A significant minority of them are though and they represent an unacceptable security threat. There is a reason they were ranked the 3rd deadliest terrorist group in the world. The activities of this deadly minority is more than enough to put herdsmen as a group under serious scrutiny. But in Nigeria where no one blinks at the loss of life, I can understand why that doesn't qualify as an outrage to you. Say the damn truth and stop hiding behind inane strawman arguments.

Again, they do not deserve anything. That is where you and I will never agree here, so it's pointless labouring the point. Appeasing their savage blood-lust doesn't mean they "deserve" anything.

Niger Delta militants had the moral right to sabotage the activities of the government. A few killings they carried out and their kidnappings were crimes against individuals, but their sabotaging of government revenue was absolutely right. They tolerate what no other group in this country could tolerate. If the oil in this country was in the North and the South depended on Northern resources, there wouldn't even be a country called Nigeria. The North would have gone their own way a looooong time ago. grin
I'm done with you
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by erico2k2(m): 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
•Northern CAN kicks against cattle colonies

Noah Ebije, Kaduna, Okwe Obi, Abuja

http://sunnewsonline.com/2018-budget-fg-votes-n5-30bn-for-grazing-reserve-devt/

I do t like the heardsmen who kill people however what has this bill got to do with CAN . How's this thier problem ? ??
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by erico2k2(m): 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
12submarine:

Is the money used for compensating Niger Deltans from cattle? Is it not part of their God given resources that was used for paying them? Why cant Buhari use part of the proceeds of the cattle to settle the problem they are causing?
You mean pomp and suya money ? grin grin
Make we ask Fayose howmuch 4 pomo
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Turantula(m): 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
GavelSlam:
It is incumbent on the ministry of agriculture, commerce and trade as well as the security apparatchik to provide a long lasting solution to the crises.

Without doubt, the issue of "Fulani Herdsmen" consists of inter-communal wars, over-grazing and encroachment, criminal acts of terrorism and cattle rustling, embedded foreign and criminal elements, religious and tribal sentiments and of course non-identification of individuals who go by the name.

It therefore is justifiable for government to provide policies and strategies to avoid spilling of blood.

With such colonies, it would make itinerant pastoral grazing unattractive and totally unacceptable.

This would make identification of such bovine herders easier, should engender peace and improve the policing and security aspects associated with cattle rearing as practised today.

Excellent, the federal government should as a matter of urgency dispatch surveyors to sambisa forest to map out the most appropriate place for grazing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nabena To Security Agents: Go After Sheik Gumi Over Attack On Wike / Northern Senators Visit President Buhari In Daura, Katsina (Photos) / Uzodinma: FG To Give Imo $120 Million For Livestock Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.