Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development (15413 Views)

FG Votes N792m To Refurbish Aircraft / Police Can’t Arrest Herdsmen For Grazing Cattle On Airport - Police Commissioner / 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Devt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by coolscott(m): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
Esseite:
Obasanjo made mention of these in his letter.... Nepotism in all ramifications, this time its to all other hard working Nigerians in other fields whom are not fulanis or rear cows.
Interesting and funny smiley
I mean the picture you put up there smiley
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by nduchucks: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

No...in this particular case, it's simply the business of an incompetent government, since the security apparatus that is totally dominated by Northerners (through a vicious nepotistic cycle that has persisted since the military era) cannot protect the victims of savage, blood-sucking herdsmen, appeasement is the only choice they've left us with. It's worth experimenting, but appeasement hasn't always sated their blood-lust. In places like Kaduna, El Rufai, tribalistic moroon that he is, basically PAID them to stop attacking Southern Kaduna indigenes and it still hasn't stopped them.

You unfortunately devalued your post with vile prejudice, bigotry, and irresponsible generalizations. This is quite a shame.

1 Like

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2018
nduchucks:

You unfortunately devalued your post with vile prejudice, bigotry, and irresponsible generalizations. This is quite a shame.

Prejudice might seem wrong in idealistic theory, but it's not always wrong in practice. Prejudice is often rational and necessary when a collective group poses an existential threat to other groups. The blood-thirsty herdsmen murderers that have slaughtered thousands of people in just the last 2-3 years have done more than enough to earn whatever vile prejudice others hold them in. The notion that it is unfair that they have such a reputation after carrying out murderous carnage in every single region in the country has to strike you as ridiculous. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Benue or Taraba farmer. Being a peace-loving person myself who can't even slaughter a chicken, I'd live in terror of those blood-thirsty demons dreading the day I'm unlucky enough to encounter them if I didn't live in an urban jungle like Lagos which is immune to their insanity. If people like you are not outraged by this barbarism and you're not shocked to the marrow by this senseless violence and the gory images, that's your issue. It evokes altogether different emotions in me.

Sometimes, people earn the "bigotry" directed at them. I'm Igbo for example and I feel deep shame at the bad reputation Nigerians have in Asia because of Igbo drug peddlers and criminals. When other groups deride us for it, I shut up because despite the fact I don't peddle drugs and I have no family who do, it's still a fact that many Igbo sons have dragged our name in the mud with their drug peddling. If Fulanis have a reputation as a blood-thirsty group, it's because they've done more than enough to earn that reputation both in the current polity and centuries of their violent history.
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by nduchucks: 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Prejudice might seem wrong in idealistic theory, but it's not always wrong in practice. Prejudice is often rational and necessary when a collective group poses an existential threat to other groups. The blood-thirsty herdsmen murderers that have slaughtered thousands of people in just the last 2-3 years have done more than enough to earn whatever vile prejudice others hold them in. The notion that it is unfair that they have such a reputation after carrying out murderous carnage in every single region in the country has to strike you as ridiculous. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Benue or Taraba farmer. Being a peace-loving person myself who can't even slaughter a chicken, I'd live in terror of those blood-thirsty demons dreading the day I'm unlucky enough to encounter them if I didn't live in an urban jungle like Lagos which is immune to their insanity. If people like you are not outraged by this barbarism and you're not shocked to the marrow by this senseless violence and the gory images, that's your issue. It evokes altogether different emotions in me.

Sometimes, people earn the "bigotry" directed at them. I'm Igbo for example and I feel deep shame at the bad reputation Nigerians have in Asia because of Igbo drug peddlers and criminals. When other groups deride us for it, I shut up because despite the fact I don't peddle drugs and I have no family who do, it's still a fact that many Igbo sons have dragged our name in the mud with their drug peddling. If Fulanis have a reputation as a blood-thirsty group, it's because they've done more than enough to earn that reputation both in the current polity and centuries of their violent history.

Something tells me that you don't have the temperament required to proffer logical solutions to issues such as this.

Effeminate emotionalism will not cut it. You have my pity sir.
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
nduchucks:

Something tells me that you don't have the temperament required to proffer logical solutions to issues such as this.

Effeminate emotionalism will not cut it. You have my pity sir.

I've already proffered solutions. My very first comment on this thread was in agreement with the government supporting their ranching efforts. So I don't know what you're blabbering about. Using pretentious words like "logic" doesn't make you logical.

If by "effeminate emotionalism", you mean human feelings, I'm guilty as charged. If you're a psychopath that is desensitized to mindless, savage butchery, then you have my pity, sir. smiley

1 Like

Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by nduchucks: 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I've already proffered solutions. My very first comment on this thread was in agreement with the government supporting their ranching efforts. So I don't know what you're blabbering about. Using pretentious words like "logic" doesn't make you logical.

If by "effeminate emotionalism", you mean human feelings, I'm guilty as charged. If you're a psychopath that is desensitized to mindless, savage butchery, then you have my pity, sir. smiley

Your case na wa. cheesy
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by VolvoS60(m): 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2018
undecided

This thread proves one thing: Raise hell and you'll get what you want.

I'm sure those who run piggeries, poultry farms and aquaculture outfits must be kicking themselves in the teeth now. The country would have been theirs for the taking if only they had given free rein to the devil within. undecided

Appeasement is NOT the answer. Never has been, never will be. Because the belly of the beast is never satisfied.
Re: 2018 Budget: FG Votes N5.30bn For Grazing Reserve Development by mfm04622: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2018
Pavore9:
National resources for a segment, will that fund also assist those already ranching?

Some grazing reserves have been gazetted since the 70s. Nothing wrong in developing such

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osupa Saheed And Remi Aluko Endorse Sowore For President / Edwin Clark: Why Tinubu Is Afraid To Speak On Restructuring / Omisore's Ambition A Dance On Bola Ige's Grave - Osun APC Group

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.