Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities (3468 Views)

UTME 2016 : The Height Of Incompetence And Corruption, It Must Be Rectified! / 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities by helleen24: 11:48am On Mar 03, 2007
Hello room, I have a big question for my people out there. I tried to solve it out but I could not go through since.

Yeah this is the question:
How can we eradicate bribery and corruption in Nigerian Universities?

Ah, I'm tired. Please help me out.
Re: Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities by cuteass1(f): 12:25pm On Mar 04, 2007
What Nigeria needs is a miracle, the act named above has eaten soo deep into the system that anyting short of a miracle might be a waste of time.

Not just in universities, everywhere. . . . among the police force. . . .court of law. . . the list is unending embarassed embarassed
Re: Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities by whiteNkem(f): 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2007
actually there is corruption everywhere
Re: Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities by cuteass1(f): 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2007
white`Nkem:

actually there is corruption everywhere

Ofcourse, no one is disputing that dear, but believe me the bribery thing is not everywhere embarassed
That's the one that annoys me, the fact that moneys solves all things is not a story to tell. Its actually affecting us.

When you've done your secondary education in Nigeria for ex. the white man wouldn't accept your nigerian result because he knows the fact that with the required amount of money in Nigeria, a result with straight As can be achieved.
Its a pity sad

A policeman would let you pass by with a dead body in your car-trunk because you gave him some cash.

The law is easily twisted with money, it shouldn't be so angry
Re: Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities by agatonaa(f): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2007
Someone told me that she try to go to Uniport to check if she got in. Unfortunately not but someone told her that people can get in if they will give $800 to some employees there that can get you in. Someone apparentlly asked some students for that amount just to get in. Meaning, if you have the money ragardless of the results of those exam, you can get in? Sad indeed. What chance do some poor people w/ brains have in getting in? undecided
Re: Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities by cuteass1(f): 11:29pm On Mar 06, 2007
@ agatonaa dear
just what i'm trying to point out. Bribery has eaten into our country soo deep. The sad thing is that the poor can't get anywhere cos they can't afford the price of bribery cry cry cry .
The good ones are put to side for those with the cash sad

God help us ooo cool
Re: Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities by GNature(m): 11:44pm On Mar 06, 2007
To tackle the problem, we have to start with the leadership.

From the President, to the Minster of Education, to the Vice Chancellors, to the faculty heads etc. Believe me, corruption in our universities can be brought to a minimum with the right leadership that is willing to 'nip it in the bud' in place.
Re: Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities by Kadata(m): 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2010
It's rampant. Makes d system sick tho'
Re: Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities by WackyJ1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 08, 2010
Bribery, corruption they both go hand in hand. Once as someone said, the leadership is cleared of corruption. You can cleanse out the whole system in a circular pattern step by step e.g eliminating corruption in one sector or aspect can reduce corruption in another
Re: Bribery And Corruption In Nigerian Universities by Goldman360: 7:53am On May 24, 2018
implication of bribery and corruption on students academic performance (a case study of imt enugu)

Bribery and corruption have done much damage in this country. They are both cancerous and contagious, and It appears every is corrupt and bribe conscious because of our economic depression.
Bribery and corruption are social ills that have bedeviled Nigeria; it has eaten deep into our national existence. Bribery and corruption have been seen to be very prominent in Nigeria society and study of these as social phenomena is imperative because it is a central problem of human society.

http://www.scharticles.com/implication-of-bribery-and-corruption-on-students-academic-performance/

(1) (Reply)

Abu Sbrs Admission List 2010 / Admission Requirement For Unilag / 20 Shocking Facts You Won’t Believe Are True (but Are)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.