Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election (8850 Views)

FG Declares Tuesday 4th, Wednesday 5th Public Holidays For Eid-Al-Fitr / FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year / Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Aminat508(f): 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2018
@AMILOADED
The State Government of Osun has declared Thursday and Friday January 25 and 26, 2018 as public holiday.

This, according to a statement issued on Wednesday by Sola Fasure, media adviser to the state governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola made available to Amiloaded correspondent said this is to enable Osun residents prepare for and participate in the Local Government Parliamentary Election scheduled to hold on Saturday January 27, 2018.

The statement quoted Governor Aregbesola as urging the people of the state to enthusiastically exercise their civic duty by participating in this historic parliamentary election into local governments, the first of its kind in any state of Nigeria.

He also admonished them to be orderly, law abiding and conduct themselves peacefully, for the exercise to be successful.

He assured all of the preparedness of the state electoral commission to conduct a hitch-free, credible, free, fair and transparent election that we will all be proud of.

Law enforcement agencies are also ready and put on alert to protect lives and property and prevent breach of the peace and disruption of the election.

Governor Aregbesola encouraged the winners to be magnanimous in victory and the losers to be gallant in defeat.

He wished all a happy holiday and a successful and peaceful election.

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by kabeerhabe(m): 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2018
Dedicate this FTC to Maryam, My DAUGHTER...

State of osun... issokay

2 Likes

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by kolafolabi(m): 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2018
These politicians think our brains are not working.. Is this the right time for him to conduct LG election when he knows he actually has few months left from office.. Next to do this rubbish is my able Governor from Oyo State

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Bakerdav: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2018
kolafolabi:
These politicians think our brains are not working.. Is this the right time for him to conduct LG election when he knows he actually has few months left from office.. Next to do this rubbish is my able Governor from Oyo State
lol, don't mind them ,if pple should vote for apc that a big problem for dem

4 Likes

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Chidexter(m): 3:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hmm OK.
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by stefanweeks: 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
Osun state that needs more work days

is declaring public holidays not even one day

What will rivers state now do?

Issokay

3 Likes

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by jazinogold(m): 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
grin

I can imagine how much IGR will be lost this 2 days declared....weytin do Saturday? abi na sabath day angry angry
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by chloedogie(m): 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2018
He was in power for 7 good years. Now he's leaving, he gave them state commissioners. He is leaving, he's conducting local govt elections. IF Aregbesola actually meant well for Osun state, should he be doing this now of all times that he has less than 10 months to vacate the office? These politicians will start dying one after the other very soon one day for using the destinies of masses that voted them in with their lives to play LUDO. How could he be this heartless? And he's still busy paying half salary. My sister, who is a matron in the state just told me like 20mins ago that they received half of the Dec salary just last week. People actually celebrated XMAS and NEW YEAR without salary? WICKEDNESS!!!!!!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Nwodosis(m): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
As if they have active work doing!
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Chevronstaff: 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone..
My cousin is about going for his youth service (NYSC) and I was shocked when he told me he would like to serve in OSUN STATE...

Dear Nairalanders,How is that state like; in terms of electricity,health care, night life,affordability. etc??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by 1nigeriamyfoot: 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
The election will be rigged in favour of APC but the next governor will dissolve them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by mykemiley(f): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
Issaokey
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by kinibigdeal(m): 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
undecided

1 Like

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Teewhy2: 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
The election is more of the more you look the less you see. The state government already know how they will manipulate and put their stooges as chairmen of local government.
The country still have a lot to do in terms of local government governance. most of the state governors don't allow the local governments to functions they hardly fund them. local government only function mostly in places like Lagos.
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by chloedogie(m): 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
jazinogold:
grin

I can imagine how much IGR will be lost this 2 days declared....weytin do Saturday? abi na sabath day angry angry

IGR? In Osun state. Take it from me man, ''If he doesn't pay the half salary he pays, he can't tax the workers and there is no single IGR''. 95% of Osun state IGR comes from tax after paying half salary. I am not mixing words it is the fact.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by NAPC1(m): 4:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
LETS DO IT....

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
Is sarrki contesting?
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Tunagee(m): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
Aminat508:
@AMILOADED

Do they have anything serious going on in that state? Why won't they declare 2 days public holiday?
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by drips8(m): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
Chevronstaff:
Hello everyone..
My cousin is about going for his youth service (NYSC) and I was shocked when he told me he would like to serve in OSUN STATE...

Dear Nairalanders,How is that state like; in terms of electricity,health care, night life,affordability. etc??

just know it's better than every state in the north

1 Like

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by brunobaba(m): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
Osun state can declare holidays sha...i wish i worked there,if aregbe slips and falls,they will declare holiday.
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by tall2ce(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
Aregbe before you leave office. Pay NYSC batch A 2015 our full 60k state allowance. We served and we are owed. If you no pay, people sweat go lay curse on your life. grin
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by NAPC1(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
LET DO IT...

Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Tecno66: 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2018
Aminat508:
@AMILOADED

Why are all the states suddenly rushing to conduct local govt elections? Is it because INEC wants to take over? Even states that have not done local govt eldctions in 10 years are suddenly doing so. Na wa for this country o.
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Fhemmmy: 4:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
Election is on Saturday and there is public holiday on Thursday and Friday . . . .So sad with our management in Nigeria and i wonder how they reason
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Chukazu: 4:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
LG election is the most useless of all elections.

The government in power will always have their way by manipulation
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by francisbarrack(m): 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2018
Bakerdav:
lol, don't mind them ,if pple should vote for apc that a big problem for dem

people have vow not to take part in d so call local gov. election but all waiting for d gubernatorial election.
Re: Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election by Femipapi: 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
Chevronstaff:
Hello everyone..

Osun have the best electricity in Nigeria , affordable rent , foodstuff is way cheap, night life is nice as well..health care is shiit everywhere

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking : PDP Finally Won Osun Election / Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State / Two Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.