Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari (4152 Views)

Reno Omokri : Garba Shehu Is Dishonest, Blame Oriented And Morally Pliable / IBB’s Statement: PDP Reacts To Advice To Vote President Buhari Out / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by gimmehear(f): 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2018
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) says the letter written to President Muhammadu Buhari by former President Olusegun Obasanjo is timely.

According to the group, the letter is a “devasting” blow to the Igbo leaders who endorsed Buhari for a second tenure.

Although Buhari is yet to say if he would seek re-election or not, leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the south-east, last week, endorsed him for second tenure.

But Obasanjo has advised Buhari against seeking re-election.

In a statement on Wednesday, Emma Powerful, IPOB spokesman, described Obasanjo’s advice as a “slap on the faces of the Igbo leaders” who endorsed the president.

IPOB said the leaders should “cover their faces in shame.”

“The statement credited to Chief Olusegun Obasanjo was carefully timed to deliver a devastating blow to the scavenging class of politicians in Igboland that shamelessly went to hawk their wares in Abuja a few days ago,” it read.

“The shameless endorsement of Buhari for 2019 by these individuals under the banner Igbo leaders have showcased to the world what a bunch of misery merchants they are.

“We support Obasanjo for his timely intervention because at a time of national crisis and with people losing their lives all across the Middle Belt and southern Nigeria, anybody discussing partisan politics under such an atmosphere of mass misery is not fit to be regarded as a human being talk less a leader.”

IPOB said the letter aligns with the views of Nnamdi Kanu, its leader, that “the only way to reign in a dictatorship is by confronting it head-on with the truth.”

It said the former president have spoken the truth “and should be applauded for it”.

“Those hungry and insatiable APC yes men that visited Aso Rock to endorse Buhari for 2019 under the banner of Igbo leaders should all cover their collective faces in shame,” it added.

“Obasanjo’s statement is a slap on the faces of these individuals parading themselves as Igbo leaders. The timing couldn’t have been more apt.

“It is crystal clear from analysis of Obasanjo’s statement that the new coalition he is calling for is something similar to what IPOB is doing, but on broader all-encompassing scale that will include all ethnicities in Nigeria rather than one restricted to Biafra alone.”
http://gimmehear.com/ex-president-obasanjo-morally-poor-advice-buhari/.
Lalasticlala
Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by Newbiee: 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
OP, you must be a Biafran!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by ChidiAlaigbo: 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2018
I spit spit spit, poo, poo, poo, wee, wee, wee on BIAFRANS! !!

Oya! Start wailing..........no matter what an Igbo will not smell Aso Rock!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by Optional09: 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
lol
Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by Mariangeles(f): 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Real Igbo people don't want Aso Rock...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by xlander(m): 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2018
They know we won't read if the right caption is used, hence, the deception.... Pity
Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by deleib(m): 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
lipsrsealed What's this?
Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by Ofodirinwa: 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

'
our eyes are on the gold, keep your rock.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
How does the headline relate to what I read.Back to topic on this issue IPOB didn't lie.
Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by Precioussilas10: 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
misleading headline!
Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by CSTR2: 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

And who will stop us? You and your one vote?

If Buhari can win aso-rock after 3 emphatic failures,any igbo man can and will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by wakaman: 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
Yanmiri conspiracies

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by pointstores(m): 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2018
Ok nw what is the Moral face reality Nigerians are suffering
Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by mpianya39(m): 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Chidi ala igbo...... only you dey answer three names eh! Isi oka angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by PierreDeFermath(m): 12:01am On Jan 25, 2018
Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by leofab(f): 2:36am On Jan 25, 2018
Chidialaigbo
Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by Kenzico(m): 5:20am On Jan 25, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Nobody needs your Opinion....Cos you sound Brainwashed

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:01am On Jan 25, 2018
Really. But he was advising you at the inception of your govt.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by fortunekaura(m): 7:33am On Jan 25, 2018
I do get am

Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 25, 2018
Na Wa o
Re: Obasanjo Is Too Morally Poor To Advice Me, Says Buhari by MightySparrow: 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2018
Buhariiiiiiiiii, I warn you o.

OBJ's letter is a force that can destroy your second term ambition.
Take a cue from Jonathan.

.You are on your way out.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Scientist Invents Device That Can Supply The Entire African Continent U / Amotekun: Yoruba Insist Nnamdi Kanu Return To Nigeria Without Being Persecuted / Video Of Edo People Burning APC Sign Post, Party Brooms In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.