Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore (67928 Views)

Egina FPSO: Samsung Eyes Future Opportunities In Nigeria / Total, Samsung Heavy Industries Resolve Dispute Over $3.3b Egina FPSO / Total's Egina FPSO Leaves South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by one4GOD(f): 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2018
hushpapi:
Buhari haters shey una Dey see. Instead of praying for the president to succeed in the hands of those theives with so many refineries around the world. E.g Olusegun Obasanjo!! Why won’t he write a letter to Nigerians to oppose the president when money no come in through the illegal ways like it use to.

Imagine mr Olusegun open hin mouth say Buhari no try. Abeg ask am how many times he do president? How many things he change? How many looters are we Nigerians aware of during mr Olusegun Obasanjo region? Mugun don Dey fall for his letter, they forgot the letter is for his own best interest.
shut up buhari has nothing to do with this. the proj commenced in 2013 and owned fully by TOTAL even govt tried their usual bureaucratic nonsense to frustrate d proj this was why it was relocated back to Korea. get facts and not ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by Pharaoh001(f): 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2018
nittroboy:
It have been insured be4 vessel left the departure
misquoted.
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by hezy4real01(m): 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2018
Castroii:

Yes boss, abi you want me to use the words assembled or constructed, any one you want.
they were fabricated in Nigeria under the technical expertise and supervision of Samsung Heavy Industries.... So therefore many indigenous EPC coys were part of the project thereby trying in the implementation of the Nigerian local content policy
You are very correct bro.... I have friends working with you guys too, I work onboard MV ocean treasure, largest Accommodation barge in Nigeria currently undergoing docking at Niger dock
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by one4GOD(f): 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2018
Pharaoh001:
what if the vessel got shrink? $16billion would be wasted just like that

I thank God it got here(Nigeria) safely.

btw,why can't they(the Chinese) construct it Nigeria
that was the original plan, to construct it here in Nigeria but ur govt almost frustrated d hell outta them so it had to be relocated to south Korea.

1 Like

Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by Aventures(m): 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2018
Castroii:

Yes boss, abi you want me to use the words assembled or constructed, any one you want.
they were fabricated in Nigeria under the technical expertise and supervision of Samsung Heavy Industries.... So therefore many indigenous EPC coys were part of the project thereby trying in the implementation of the Nigerian local content policy
I concur absolutely. I have two of my. classmate involved in the modules design. They have shared a lot about this with us on our WhatsApp platform. I am.proud of all naija guys involved in this great feat. I believe one day it will be all naija affairs.

2 Likes

Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by emperordelis(m): 9:35pm On Jan 25, 2018
saintkeppy:

Ur papers complete?
yes i do.i have all the necessary papers,complete,valid and legit
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by lonelydora: 9:43pm On Jan 25, 2018
Castroii:
Proud to be part of the team that fabricated the topside modules in Nigeria..................
Lalasticlala, I think this is front page worthy, we are talking about the largest FPSO to be ever installed in Nigeria and Africa.
Which field are you into? welding and fabrication?
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hope,petrol,will be sold,#20 per barrel later
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by Bluffly: 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2018
oyetunder:
must we buy everything ni? When shall we able to make money selling similar things to other Nations. I hope we wont need to import good leaders very soon.
Our engineers are not innovative or maybe they lack vision and ideas
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by harffie(m): 10:16pm On Jan 25, 2018
Castroii:

Like a consortium? Nice one sir
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:17pm On Jan 25, 2018
subyamasta:

Nigeria does not get up to 70% the joint venture is also different with different oil companies
Yes, it depends on the agreement, but Nigerian govt get the highest share.
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2018
[quote author=hezy4real01 post=64514051] You are very correct bro.... I have friends working with you guys too, I work onboard MV ocean treasure, largest Accommodation barge in Nigeria currently undergoing docking at Niger dock [/quote)
Nice one bro, more money to ur bank account.... I hear say Niger dock Don almost empty
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 25, 2018
lonelydora:

Which field are you into? welding and fabrication?
Yes, welding inspection, coating inspection, and a bit of non destructive examination.

1 Like

Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by pawesome(m): 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2018
saintkeppy:

It is an Offshore Oil Production &Storage Facility that stores stabilised oil that is free from gases for other oil tanker to load from for shipment (export).
From the pix, it is very complex in structure &requires expertise to handle every aspect of it.
Mechanical, Electrical, Petroleum&Subsea,Marine engineers etc are mainly needed to operate it.
so is just to store it...export crude...nothing like producing fuel?
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 25, 2018
cdialauka:

Glad to be part if the team that fabricated the subsea modules as well..Was with SPS /FMC Tech

quote author=Castroii post=64505433]
Nice one, congrats sir
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by stickaman04: 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2018
Ayodejioak:
shocked So Agbami FPSO and the likes have been dethroned!
AGBAMI is still de biggest
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by positivethought: 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2018
kenonze:

Both are important and complimentary
Yes I know but one has got to better,engineers even design n make the equipments use by doctors,doctors treats engineers but there is alternative to doctors such as acupuncture, physiotherapy, traditional medicine but there is no alternative to engineering, so I still feel engineers are better n should be respected more actually.

1 Like

Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by senatordave1(m): 11:35pm On Jan 25, 2018
Good evening nairalanders.
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by saintkeppy(m): 12:56am On Jan 26, 2018
pawesome:
so is just to store it...export crude...nothing like producing fuel?

Yes, just Crude oil, this crude oil is being transported via vessel to abroad then refined to get fuel, AGO &kerosene etc.

Some quota of the crude oil also being transported to our local refineries for processing to get fuel &other products. That's why we have a network of pipelines of several KM running underground in the country.
Notably Warri-Kaduna pipeline feeding Kaduna Refinery with Crude oil coming from Offshore Escravos, Forcados Facilities etc.

The Associated gases is either being flared or transported via pipeline to a processing facilities like LNG plant, GTL plant etc then transported via LNG vessel to abroad, the rest is processed to get LPG alias Cooking Gas.

2 Likes

Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by saintkeppy(m): 1:09am On Jan 26, 2018
Ekinematics:

Yea, it's sailing straight down to the deep waters of Bayelsa State.

I was anticipating this Engina DeepWater Oil production to come on stream after a lotta field work.
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by saintkeppy(m): 1:49am On Jan 26, 2018
ruggedtimi:
before u work onboard this ship u suppose get three first class degree

Pure lie, get a technical skill via training and be certified based on oil and Gas industry, get connected to those that matters then u're good to go.

Not everything is based on first class paper

1 Like

Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by saintkeppy(m): 1:55am On Jan 26, 2018
hushpapi:
Buhari haters shey una Dey see. Instead of praying for the president to succeed in the hands of those theives with so many refineries around the world. E.g Olusegun Obasanjo!! Why won’t he write a letter to Nigerians to oppose the president when money no come in through the illegal ways like it use to.

Imagine mr Olusegun open hin mouth say Buhari no try. Abeg ask am how many times he do president? How many things he change? How many looters are we Nigerians aware of during mr Olusegun Obasanjo region? Mugun don Dey fall for his letter, they forgot the letter is for his own best interest.

What's this one saying? do you know when this project started? Smh
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by kabarka(m): 2:14am On Jan 26, 2018
Kingdolo:
Hope it improves the economic situation in the country.
It will not improve the situation rather it impoverish the nation.
Nigeria need to learn to add value to all natural resource.
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by k199192: 2:42am On Jan 26, 2018
They want to come and sick their o yellow finish. This is the time my igbo brothers will say "thank god we don't have oyel" let them sucall all the oyel..
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by ruggedtimi(m): 3:01am On Jan 26, 2018
saintkeppy:

Pure lie, get a technical skill via training and be certified based on oil and Gas industry, get connected to those that matters then u're good to go.

Not everything is based on first class paper
bros na joke i dey
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by saintkeppy(m): 3:25am On Jan 26, 2018
ruggedtimi:
bros na joke i dey

Okay smiley
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by Kobicove(m): 4:12am On Jan 26, 2018
This is a massive structure
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by martins946: 6:05am On Jan 26, 2018
Kudos to PMB
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by ernieboy(m): 6:59am On Jan 26, 2018
positivethought:
looking at this gigantic edifice makes me curious as to who is more ingenious between the medical doctors n engineers?, I mean who has more effect in solving human problems n making life better?,my mind keep telling me its the engineers, who thinks otherwise?.
without engineers even doctors can't carry out their work because all the equipments used by medical doctors are designed by engineers.

1 Like

Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by customercaresup: 7:37am On Jan 26, 2018
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by RillJ(m): 8:08am On Jan 26, 2018
And thanks to Jonathan for this initiative. I know it was his handwork for sure.

Castroii:
Proud to be part of the team that fabricated the topside modules in Nigeria..................
Lalasticlala, I think this is front page worthy, we are talking about the largest FPSO to be ever installed in Nigeria and Africa.
Re: Egina FPSO: Nigeria's Biggest Oil Producing Vessel Arrives Lagos From South Kore by RillJ(m): 8:09am On Jan 26, 2018
This was initiated and paid for by Jonathan, I know for certain. This government will not acknowledge this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Betonmarkets Alerts: Season 3 / Starting Your Own Logistics/ Delivery Outfit With Less Than 300k / Ifeanyi Ubah: 'I Can Bring The US-Dollar To N200 In One Month'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.