Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. (4873 Views)

Nigerians React As They Recall Problem Between Ambode’s Wife And Sacked Chaplain / The Real Problem With Northern Nigeria / Arabic Saga: The Real Problem Is Ahead Of Us As A Nation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Neatboy(m): 8:49am On Jan 25, 2018
Please, I was really thinking about the East and West dichotomy and I began to wonder. The striking question is: is there really a dichotomy?

IN MARRIAGE
No other ethnic group in Nigeria gets married to the Igbos than the Yorubas. And among the major ethnic groups, the Igbos get married more to the Yorubas than any other. Then why the so much hate speech? Or, are these two major groups just being hypocritical?

IN ENTERTAINMENT
In entertainment (movie production and music) This two ethnic groups can not do without each other. It is so glaring. This is so clear in the movie-- Wedding Party. Even in Music you will find artists from both divide doing things together like twins. They make money together, commit crimes together, and do all sorts of things together, then I kept wondering what is left.

FASHION AND CULTURE
I have seen both ethnic groups copying from each other countless times. Seeing the Igbos rocking the Yoruba cultural attires and the Yorubas doing same gives joy. Despite the name calling, in my area, the biggest Yoruba bucca or 'food-spot' is being patronized more by the Igbos. They leak their fingers while eating the Yoruba. Likewise the Yorubas, I have watched them tear down Igbo soups like they are fighting war. Then I began to wonder, do these people really hate each other or they are just pretending?

CONFLICT WISE
I am in my early 30s and I was born and raised in Lagos but spent few years in the East. Truthfully, I have never seen or heard of any conflict between these two groups. Yes, they can fight, punch, curse, tear shirts like Hulk Hogan but no head will still role. Remember, at our homes even couples always have their own differences. I am still wondering.

IN LITERATURE AND IN DIASPORA
The closest are both ethnic groups in literature. I traveled to Kenya for ministration three months ago. After ministration we went to their shopping mall at Nairobi. We saw some Yoruba dudes, immediately tribal or ethnic differences disappeared. The excitement they exhibited for seeing us was so sweet. We felt same way too. But I am still not too sure they would have displayed such excitement if they had seen a core Northerner. Please I might be wrong, but take it easy with me. You know that to an average Yoruba man, if you are not an Hausa man definitely you're Igbo. I am still wondering where the dichotomy is.

POLITICS
This is the only place where these two people don't agree. BUT WHY THE DISTRUST IN THIS AREA? But if we can eat same food, intermarry, and show love in other areas of our lives why can't we replicate this in politics? Truly, the day the East and West will wake up in this regard Nigeria will change for good.

Please if you know how the East and West can meet in politics and how to amend these differences please make your opinion known. ONE LOVE

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by princechurchill(m): 9:03am On Jan 25, 2018
Am dating a Yoruba girl sometimes i wonder what the problem is really is

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by EngrMcDon(m): 9:06am On Jan 25, 2018
The problem is their Two Face and Ofe mmanu

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by princechurchill(m): 9:07am On Jan 25, 2018
Lack of trust

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by sekxyqueen(f): 9:08am On Jan 25, 2018
lool
Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by hakeem4(m): 9:09am On Jan 25, 2018
i believe it is competition
Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Lipscomb(m): 9:18am On Jan 25, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by killsmith(f): 9:23am On Jan 25, 2018
You cannot claim to be my brother and help my enemy kill my children.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Neatboy(m): 9:24am On Jan 25, 2018
How far has the competition taken them to? Competition is good but in the political platform they compete with each other in the wrong way. In fact, why is there no trust specifically in politics but there is trust in business and marriage and entertainment?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by InfiniteLoopx: 9:29am On Jan 25, 2018
The Igbo and Yoruba political differences is ochestrated by the 'Dan Fodio hordes. Its to their advantage. Once this two groups understand the game, the sweeping jihad will come to an end. #facts.

28 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by oooduancalmdown: 9:34am On Jan 25, 2018
No other tribe get married to the ibos than Yorubas
Op, where did you get this nonsense statement from. Where is your proof? So me people will just open stupid thread because they are jobless. To clear that stupid ignorance in your head, Yoruba marry Hausa a lot also. So stop saying bullcrap here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by ChidiAlaigbo: 9:34am On Jan 25, 2018
OP

Please tell me which igbo fashion yorubas copy?

Liar........yoruba no dey rock any igbo fashion lai lai.

We don dey wear our well designed clothes for centuries before some left the jungle.

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Neatboy(m): 9:38am On Jan 25, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Op, where did you get this nonsense statement from. Where is your proof? So me people will just open stupid thread because they are jobless. To clear that stupid ignorance in your head, Yoruba marry Hausa a lot also. So stop saying bullcrap here

Can't you guys just buttress your points without insulting and throwing jabs and curses for goodness sakes?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by InfiniteLoopx: 9:39am On Jan 25, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
You must be an afonja cheesy You know, lots of difference between an afonja and omoluabi cool

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by 4kDdullard: 9:40am On Jan 25, 2018
The problem is political
Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Neatboy(m): 9:44am On Jan 25, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:
OP

We don dey wear our well designed clothes for centuries before some left the jungle.

I see them everyday. They rock together... I don't actually care who started it first or who does it more. All I know is that both of them are rocking it together wella in this regard

1 Like

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Alawe(m): 9:46am On Jan 25, 2018
grin
Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by oooduancalmdown: 9:47am On Jan 25, 2018
InfiniteLoopx:

You must be an afonja cheesy You know, lots of difference between an afonja and omoluabi cool
See this loser. Tell the op to provide proof that Yoruba marry more iboes or shut da hell up!
Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Neatboy(m): 9:49am On Jan 25, 2018
4kDdullard:
The problem is political

SERIOUSLY MY BROTHER THE PROBLEM IS JUST POLITICAL. BUT IF WE CAN BREAK THE FENCES OF SOCIAL, ENTERTAINMENT, CULTURAL, LITERATURE AND MARITAL WHY CAN'T WE DO SAME IN POLITICS?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by oooduancalmdown: 9:51am On Jan 25, 2018
Neatboy:

Can't you guys just buttress your points without insulting and throwing jabs and curses for goodness sakes?
If you don't make false statements and tell your ibotic lies, you won't be insulted. Where did you get this nonsense lies that Yoruba copy iboe fashion? What kind of another stupid bleeping is this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by obonujoker(m): 9:52am On Jan 25, 2018
Yoruba muslims are mainly the problem.... very hypocritical like that clown ooduaode....

Yorubas are actually the nicest pple to deal with ... I m getting married to a yoruba lady very soon after 2 years of dating and all....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by oooduancalmdown: 9:54am On Jan 25, 2018
Neatboy:

I see them everyday. They rock together... I don't actually care who started it first or who does it more. All I know is that both of them are rocking it together wella in this regard
You see them everyday indeed. See this iboe liar. Yoruba don't copy iboes' fashion. We are proud of ours.
Bullshyte!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Dereformer(m): 9:58am On Jan 25, 2018
killsmith:
You cannot claim to be my brother and help my enemy kill my children.

This is just the major reason.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Neatboy(m): 10:01am On Jan 25, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

If you don't make false statements and tell your ibotic lies, you won't be insulted. Where did you get this nonsense lies that Yoruba copy iboe fashion? What kind of another stupid bleeping is this?

Your problem is just superiority complex, but I Know so well that as a human the whole of you only constitute half a bucket of dust. I made it clear the both groups copy from each other. Listen bro, there is something you don't really understand about life. First, you didn't create yourself. Second, you didn't choose any tribe, you just found yourself in one ethnic line the moment you started reasoning. But then, why are you taking trivial things too personal and serious? Mehn! God help our youths. Just counter my points with a superior argument or points and stop resorting to insults.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by oooduancalmdown: 10:02am On Jan 25, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:
OP

I was also shocked with such flagrant lie. How can Yoruba copy iboe fashion? I have not seen any Yoruba person do that.
Nonsense lie is become too much

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Neatboy(m): 10:09am On Jan 25, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

I was also shocked with such flagrant lie. How can Yoruba copy iboe fashion? I have not seen any Yoruba person do that.
Nonsense lie is become too much

WETIN DEY SHOCK YOU? NA NUCLEAR BOMB? I JUST DEY WONDER HOW YOUR OLD AGE GO LOOK LIKE. LOL... ORIGINAL TROUBLE MAKER. AHAHAHAHA. BRO. WE ROCK TOGETHER TILL INFINITY
Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Turantula(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2018
Neatboy:

WETIN DEY SHOCK YOU? NA NUCLEAR BOMB? I JUST DEY WONDER HOW YOUR OLD AGE GO LOOK LIKE. LOL... ORIGINAL TROUBLE MAKER. AHAHAHAHA. BRO. WE ROCK TOGETHER TILL INFINITY
Trying to reason with Afonja is effort in futility. Like someone already pointed out there is a huge difference between Afonja and omoluabi

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Masterclass32: 10:35am On Jan 25, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

You see them everyday indeed. See this iboe liar. Yoruba don't copy iboes' fashion. We are proud of ours.
Bullshyte!

Oooduancalmdown, you got to calm down. undecided
Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by isaacsegun(m): 10:39am On Jan 25, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
chaii, I pity your life with the way u r reasoning

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Neatboy(m): 10:48am On Jan 25, 2018
How I wish this platform has a way of checking people's IQ before getting them registered...

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Masterclass32: 10:50am On Jan 25, 2018
My own is: the hand shake across the Niger was a waste of time. Until we, Igbos, shake hands with our God and reconcile with Him, whether we shake hands across the Niger, or behind the Niger or in the Niger itself, wouldn't make much difference.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Real Problem Between The East And The West. by Ahmad658(m): 11:38am On Jan 25, 2018
InfiniteLoopx:
The Igbo and Yoruba political differences is ochestrated by the 'Dan Fodio hordes. Its to their advantage. Once this two groups understand the game, the sweeping jihad will come to an end. #facts.
Mind what you are saying...........

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sen. Dino Melaye Announced Victory Of Atiku At Ongoing PDP Primary / Nigerians, See Your Next President Come 2023! / A Mad Man Rocks Tinubu Cap In Lagos - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.