Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm (2112 Views)

Help!!! My Dad's Cashew Farm Doesn't Produce / How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / Setting Up A Cashew Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by dynamic006(m): 10:42am On Jan 25, 2018
Good morning , is it advisable to rent a cashew farm for a season for 600k. meanwhile the cashew tree is on two acres.
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by grabben: 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
dynamic006:
Good morning , is it advisable to rent a cashew farm for a season for 600k. meanwhile the cashew tree is on two acres.
Yes, it is advisable when you must have mastered the contemporary dynamics of the export of cashew nuts. This is very important. For more information, click on the first link on my signature. Good luck!!!
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by fecundility(m): 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2018
don't try that, how many stands of cashew trees on that acres. bro u are not gonna make ur money back not to talk of profit

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by davidsthe(m): 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2018
dynamic006:

For 600k ? I don't think it is o. Talk to hotmas he's been involved in farming cashew for awhile his experience can be valuable to you. I no be farmer no marketing I dey do yet.

grabben:

Yes, it is advisable when you must have mastered the contemporary dynamics of the export of cashew nuts. This is very important. For more information, click on the first link on my signature. Good luck!!!

I don't think it's fair to comment indiscriminately on cashew thread and advice people without facts just so you can get by with your business. How many tons im go even get from 2acres that you are talking of mastering dynamics of export? Sir where is your NEPC reg certificate ?

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by imhere: 8:26am On May 03, 2018
Cashew farming business is as lucrative as Oil Palm farming. It is a long term earning, in less than 3 years you are already making a hit.

Someone once said Agriculture is a business and not a project, that's nothing but tge truth. Why don't you try cashew business out,, you will be glad you did. For now there is shortage in supply globally so marketing them isn't a problem....
http://www.enibest.com.ng/cashew-farming/
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by Emmy1379: 11:53am On May 10, 2018
These hungry guys spamming every thread with their "export " posts are really turning to nuisance. Can't the moderators ban for spamming?
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by Icloud22: 12:39pm On May 10, 2018
These will be the best investment you ever venture into.

Anyone including; workers, students, lecturers, bankers, housewives, corpers, teachers, civil servants, semi-illiterates and so on can do it.
Check the banner below for website address and whatsapp number

Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2018
dynamic006:
Don't do it! Not advisable.
It's way to high.You have nothing left again.
You can contact me for any advice that you need on cashew
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 10, 2018
dynamic006:
Average yield per cashew=10-13kg nuts
An acre is approx 40 trees

Two acres will have 80 cashew trees yielding about 10*80kg nuts to 13*80kg nuts

Current average price per kg=N450 in Kogi now
800-1024kg nuts currently will give a gross of about 800*450=N360,000 to 1024*450=N460,800

Not advisable. I wonder why people say cashew plantation has high profits

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:17pm On May 10, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Average yield per cashew=10-13kg nuts
An acre is approx 40 trees

Two acres will have 80 cashew trees yielding about 10*80kg nuts to 13*80kg nuts

Current average price per kg=N450 in Kogi now
800-1024kg nuts currently will give a gross of about 800*450=N360,000 to 1024*450=N460,800

Not advisable. I wonder why people say cashew plantation has high profits
I beg to disagree, using 8m by 8m spacing, you will make N567,000 using conservative price of N450k per ton although the price this year reached N650k.

An acre contain approx 63 trees

Two acres will have 125 cashew trees yielding 10kg per tree
The total yield is 1250kg

Using the conservative N450k per ton,the gross will be 1250kg *450 =N562,500

It's not still profitable at the price the owners want to sell to OP reason why I don't advise OP to go for it.

Do you know that you have to cultivate a required number of acres to profit especially if you are cultivating just cashew alone?

Do you know that OP can still profit if he intercrop the cashew farm with another crop such as cassava, vegetables etc

what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 10, 2018
Lesgupnigeria:

I beg to disagree, using 8m by 8m spacing, you will make N567,000 using conservative price of N450k per ton although the price this year reached N650k.

An acre contain approx 63 trees

Two acres will have 125 cashew trees yielding 10kg per tree
The total yield is 1250kg

Using the conservative N450k per ton,the gross will be 1250kg *450 =N562,500

It's not still profitable at the price the owners want to sell to OP reason why I don't advise OP to go for it.

Do you know that you have to cultivate a required number of acres to profit especially if you are cultivating just cashew alone?

Do you know that OP can still profit if he intercrop the cashew farm with another crop such as cassava, vegetables etc

what do you think?
I used Standard spacing of 9m x 9m which will give about 49 trees. I included some space like driveway thus use a conservative 40 trees.

Cashew can be intercropped but crops to be used are limited since it's has a lot of shade. Vegetables will be best if he has the energy and time for quick profit.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:52am On May 11, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

I used Standard spacing of 9m x 9m which will give about 49 trees. I included some space like driveway thus use a conservative 40 trees.

Cashew can be intercropped but crops to be used are limited since it's has a lot of shade. Vegetables will be best if he has the energy and time for quick profit.
Okay. right
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by Icloud22: 11:14am On May 13, 2018
Good estimate ...
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by Icloud22: 2:29pm On May 16, 2018
These will be the best investment you ever venture into.

Anyone including; workers, students, lecturers, bankers, housewives, corpers, teachers, civil servants, semi-illiterates and so on can do it.
Check the banner below for website address and whatsapp number
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by chriswu(m): 6:50am On May 29, 2018
Ill like to learn more about cashew growing and export

I don't think it's fair to comment indiscriminately on cashew thread and advice people without facts just so you can get by with your business. How many tons im go even get from 2acres that you are talking of mastering dynamics of export? Sir where is your NEPC reg certificate ?
[/quote]
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by dotcomnamename: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
This thread is dead chaiii grin
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2018
chriswu:
Ill like to learn more about cashew growing and export

if you are looking at cashew growing,you can visit my thread here
https://www.nairaland.com/4493487/how-setup-establish-own-cashew

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by EXPORTFINANCE: 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
CAN YOU DELIVER TO LAGOS WAREHOUSE AT A VERY COMPETITIVE PRICE?......

Hello Cashew Nut suppliers,

We are taking RCN 2020 crop in our Lagos Warehouse.

Supplier should take note of this specification:
Moisture not more than 10%
KOR - 48-50+lbs
NC- 190+

Payment on delivery after weight inspection and quality testing.

For Price confirmation...
Please call: 08037171978
08077881934 (WhattApp)
Re: Advice Needed On A Cashew Farm by EXPORTFINANCE: 9:39am On Jan 13, 2020
2020 season loading..... we want 100 trucks of dried raw cashew nuts ...53+ kor, 160-175 nut count...payment immediately @ delivery to Lagos Warehouse....serious suppliers only!... call 08037171978, 08077881934 (whatsapp)

(1) (Reply)

The Use Of PKC And Oil To Fatten Broiler Chicken / Starting-up A Backyard Snail Farming In Nigeria / Enlightenment On Feeding Layers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.