Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Ethiopia Launches Electric Car - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ethiopia Launches Electric Car (7597 Views)

President Barack Obama Arrives Ethiopia (Photos) / Ethiopia Is Nt As Ya Tink / African Union Opens a Chinese-funded Hq In Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Rmc1(m): 10:55am On Apr 18, 2010
Kudos to ethiopia for this achievment. But $15,000 dollars is more on the high side, the question is how many poor ethiopans or africans can afford a $15,000 car? I remember india produced a $2,000 car recently . but all the same ethiopia tried.
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2010
^^^ India produced a regular gasoline-engined car. The R&D cost involved is relatively low, as gasoline-powered cars are pretty much the norm. Electric-powered cars however, are still relatively rare.
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Darayola(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2010
kudos to ethiopia, !!! blacks are getting there
nice one
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Horus(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2010
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB5sfrbzI30&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

Ethiopian electric car
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Amhatu(m): 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2010
Litmus, thanks very much searched all over could not find the exact details on the Z600 Izuogu Motors created by Dr Ezekiel Izuogu !  cool

I hope  Dr Ezekiel Izuogu, is still around and trying especially with advancement of Computers of last 10 years,the help of 3d Cad designs to improve on the design and wind dynamics.

It is really sad some Thieves broke into his production facility and stole Moulds and designs.

However with Advancement of Computers of last 10 years will also speedily help  come up with New Moulds and designs.

It really Makes me wonder how many foreign thieves operate inside Nigerian borders causing evil deeds.  angry

This Achievement & Development by Dr Ezekiel Izuogu along with the events that happened, certainly would make a good Film Produced by Micheal JAJA or Tchidi Chikere or other good producers in Nigeria.

Nigerians and All Africans should see this True Life story on Film.
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Ormania(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2010
I just heard this news from Nairaland. The news is great! Am an Ethiopian living in 9ija, my joy is double. Am so happy to hear most of u guys showing love and encouragment to ethiopians. I am impressd. Thank you guys all, love you all. i agree with some of you who show worry about the price, $15 is expensive. But the credit facility, i think, would curb da problem for most. PEACE!NO SHAKING, ONE LOVE! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Xtopher5: 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2010
source pls
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by sevule(m): 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2010
"Small" Ethiopia is manufacturing cars and we are still grappling with power,infrastructural,man made and political problems. God help us!!!
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Beaf: 9:23pm On Apr 18, 2010
sevule:

"Small" Ethiopia is manufacturing cars and we are still grappling with power,infrastructural,man made and political problems. God help us!!!

Thank you!
The unfortunate truth is that Nigeria is a sad dump, that thinks its a giant. The good news is that we only need to sit up and get cracking and good things will flow.
We have the talent, brains and manpower, but lack the discipline and culture to develop.
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by eros(m): 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2010
NICE ONE. . . . . cool cool cool
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by deoyel25(m): 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2010
Too many bad belles believe nothing good can ever come out of Nigeria.
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by jokingmary(m): 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2010
Thats good
KUDOS to BROTHER ETHIOPIA smiley wink cheesy grin grin
And for Nigeria I think I will be the firsst person to make a car that uses water because of power supply grin
good thinking isn't it grin
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by jokingmary(m): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2010
deoyel25:

Too many bad belles believe nothing good can ever come out of Nigeria.

Not really

jokingmary:

Thats good
KUDOS to BROTHER ETHIOPIA smiley wink cheesy grin grin
And for Nigeria I think I will be the firsst person to make a car that uses water because of power supply grin
good thinking isn't it grin

isn't it good for nigeria grin
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by stag: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2010
misplacement of priority of these african countries sef!

today nigeria is indulging in nuclear crap, tomorrow awakes with another in some problematic solution that solves no problems but invent and innovate problems on their own. when will african leaders learn angry
Africa union should be proposing that all african countries buid up rail system through out africa
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Beaf: 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2010
stag:

misplacement of priority of these african countries sef!

today nigeria is indulging in nuclear crap, tomorrow awakes with another in some problematic solution that solves no problems but invent and innovate problems on their own. when will african leaders learn angry
Africa union should be proposing that all african countries buid up rail system through out africa

This is exactly the same way some argued when others were struggling to invent motor cars, aeroplanes, computers, phones etc. There's always the dissenting voice with arguments that lead nowhere.
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by SuperT(m): 7:09am On Apr 25, 2010
What Nigeria need is motivation and encouragement.Something better can still come out of Nigeria. But we need to be push by something.

Let the government institute a body of engineers from University polytechnic technical school and give them time and ask them to come

out with something. That what I think that we change the situation.
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by herquleez(m): 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2010
the Nigerian armoured personnel carrier is not a bad idea, but will the usual Nigerian attitude not stifle this brilliant project? mark you this is how great things start. If we don't encourage stuffs like this, NOBODY WILL DO IT FOR US. OURS IS OURS!
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by SuperT(m): 4:39am On Apr 27, 2010
Therefore Nigeria we need to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by stede(m): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2010
good
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by SuperT(m): 12:32am On Apr 29, 2010
Our Government should know that they are spent a lot of money on University Polytechnic Technical school every year without expecting any thing from them.

This is the right time for government to used them. Pick Engineers some from some of this institution place them somewhere and let them know the type of car you want

and you want result within a giving time. In some cases you to move people before result. Aldo Hitler of Germany packed some engineers in a Container and told them

He need a car that average will be able to buy within a very short time. the Container only have small window where they are given them food. At the expiring date

they come with VW bethle car. As in the case of Nigeria, a push will bring result.
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Kefuie: 7:35am On Sep 22, 2010
That was sure and for real "African Pride"! Can anyone give me a hint if how much does the Ethiopian government spent?

Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by pleep(m): 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2011
Nigeria is next! ill do it myself if i have to!
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Jen33(m): 2:08am On Feb 23, 2011
Yawwn. The usual ranting by frustrated idiotts and failures. For your information, Nigeria manufactures cars, SUVs, trucks and buses.

http://www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/index.php
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by pleep(m): 2:16am On Feb 23, 2011
Jen33:

Yawwn. The usual ranting by frustrated idiotts and failures. For your information, Nigeria manufactures cars, SUVs, trucks and buses.

http://www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/index.php

were such insults neccesary? most of of were unaware of "innosongroup".
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 24, 2011
You are unaware because you are a mugu!
Re: Ethiopia Launches Electric Car by Horus(m): 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM-aU2dJzV0

[size=15pt]Nigerian students build electric powered car[/size]

A group of Nigerian engineering students have built a track focused, four wheeled electric car using locally sourced
materials and purely indigenous technology. Its innovators say the world is running out of fossil fuels, and Nigeria
will soon need to move towards hybrids and electric cars

(1) (2) (Reply)

GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President / Pakistan Government Sacks 250 Pot-bellied Police Officers / At Least 70 Killed In Kenya Floods, More Rain Expected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.