Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) (53396 Views)

Yusuf Bayero Is Dead! Emir Of Kano's Uncle Dies / Emir Of Kano: His 2 Rolls Royces At The Center Of The Controversy (PHOTOS) / Emir Sanusi Drives Vintage Car To Dubar; Same As His Grand-father's In 1956 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by VINNCY: 12:13am On Jan 26, 2018
AnanseK:

The facts of history;

HAUSA HERDMAN IN THE BUSH VS IGBO WINE TAPPER IN FRONT OF HIS CORRUGATED ZINC ROOFED HOUSE. EASTERN DONT DRESS MORE THAN WHAT YOU SEE HERE WHEN GOING TO TAP WINE OR HARVEST PALM FRUITS. HE LIVED IN A DECENT HOUSE.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Solorrman(m): 12:14am On Jan 26, 2018
Francis5:
In the deep north of Nigeria, 1956 = 2018. The more years pass, the more things remain the same in those parts
u are right only that we never develop eating donkey,snail,pig,flies,cocroach and monkey thats ur determination and ofcourse wearing mini skirt by even older women is an educated way of advance western copy,failing to realize how ugly u are there is no way a mini skirt can fit ur women bkos most of their legs are very thick and bigger feet. U must reply me but i never read replies since 2012
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Solorrman(m): 12:27am On Jan 26, 2018
unbitchable:
I blame the cowardly & slavish Hausas for this.
These Fulanis came to live large in Nigeria but are bunch of poor rats else where.
u make me laugh so much by talking abt rats. We all know that rats are on of ur precious protein also monkey,donkey,snail,flies,pigs,dogs,and even human being included,but u come insulting hausa,if u are truely developed why are u always insulting buhari that he should do some project in ur thatch house,its u that would be name rat and pigs bkos u are very close in companionship than the hausas who took it a nasty digusting food for a human being to eat and with the under development u talk ur mini skirts women are always serving our pleasure as ashawo,bkos ashawo is not a hausa term and may be u are advance the way an older woman wears mini skirt to go to church for dance as a educated prophet,u are also educated indeed but for me am illitrate as long as education should be drinking ogogoro and donkey i rather die super illitrate not only small one i mean extra ordinary illitarte thats what i am,eat ur donkeys,monkeys and beer dance in the church to xpose buttocks and pubic hairs in the name of not using hijab,u are educated and hijab is masqurade . Reply me but sorry i never read replies since 2012 on nairaland
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by seguno2: 1:07am On Jan 26, 2018
Luxurious cars.
Disastrous almajiris.
Misplaced priorities!!!
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by seguno2: 1:09am On Jan 26, 2018
deeprinz:
Oga this was in 1956 not 2018.

Is there any change even now?
Luxurious cars on bad roads and with uneducated almajiris in 2018!!!
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by EbukaLive(m): 1:34am On Jan 26, 2018
seguno2:

Is there any change even now?
Luxurious cars on bad roads and with uneducated almajiris in 2018!!!
First off, the North has the best sets of roads in Nigeria currently, primarily because of low rainfall and very few cases of erosion...

I digress tho...

Yes this was 1956, but that palace was constructed 500 years ago. The Ancient Kano City walls was constructed between 1095-1135, in the 14th century. I wonder what your forefathers were doing then

Even now most parts of the wall and the palace still have mud plasterings because of the sentimental value of the ancient constructions...
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by seguno2: 2:47am On Jan 26, 2018
EbukaLive:

First off, the North has the best sets of roads in Nigeria currently, primarily because of low rainfall and very few cases of erosion...

I digress tho...

Yes this was 1956, but that palace was constructed 500 years ago. The Ancient Kano City walls was constructed between 1095-1135, in the 14th century. I wonder what your forefathers were doing then

Even now most parts of the wall and the palace still have mud plasterings because of the sentimental value of the ancient constructions...

Are you talking about highways or feeder roads and inner city roads?
Are the roads as good as the ones in the countries where the luxurious cars are made?
What is the cut off mark for Kano state to Unity schools?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 2:59am On Jan 26, 2018
Nebes:
Things haven't changed much. Currently the fence is still mud, the people are still backward and some of the cars are still in use as vintage.

Sadly, they still believe Nigeria is theirs.

Because we want to preserve our history and architecture we are backwards? the same monkey that will want to go to other countries and tour historical buildings? that palace is older than any record of your oldest ancestor, dunce! But i dont expect you to understand history or culture, your people have none.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 3:01am On Jan 26, 2018
Francis5:

Stupid semi illiterate nomad. It is ''taught'', not ''thought''.
English is not his first language so not speaking it does not make you superior team him. You need to get rid of your inferiority complex! im becile! Refer back to his question, when did you monkey people learn how to wear clothes?
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 3:04am On Jan 26, 2018
Gkay1:

so living in mud house is a tradition.
Abeg go borrow sense

Its called tubali, you im becile, architecture exclusive to the north. tree dwellers will not understand.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 26, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:

Kano in the 50's 1st pic
Others Igbo land

LMAO! You are not even ashamed, show us what your ancestors built not what the brits builts after shipping all you weaklings to europe like sardines.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 26, 2018
lagosrd:

Our own mud houses were covered with cement plasters then and those are even for the average people.

And before the brits taught you how to build what were you monkeys living in? shameless buffoon! cheesy
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 3:09am On Jan 26, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:

Keep pretending
http://millionaire.ng/wow-4-billion-dollar-man-sir-louis-ojukwu-2/

Late 50's in Igbo land Dear lol

More british structures. please show us what your people built or even wore before them? cheesy
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Sterope(f): 4:40am On Jan 26, 2018
Your opinion though.

PierreDeFermath:
everything is wrong with a mud house. 1956 is relatively late to have mud houses around. having mud houses in just 62 years ago is nothing but backwardness.
do you know when White house,Donald Trump's Maralago etc were built?
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Afrojuju2017(m): 4:50am On Jan 26, 2018
abuomaIV:
What a rubbish! living in a mud house with expensive cars. #MaloMalu

Those mud structures behave survived the test of time are the rational behind their structural designs beats those modern designs. In many parts of the world different techniques are used to build energy efficient buildings we still use hollow concrete blocks
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 26, 2018
PierreDeFermath:
everything is wrong with a mud house. 1956 is relatively late to have mud houses around. having mud houses in just 62 years ago is nothing but backwardness.
do you know when White house,Donald Trump's Maralago etc were built?

Do you have any idea how old these "mud houses are"? You are clueless to see the situation here, you lot didnt even have mud houses around, easier to build on nothing like the brits did with you so the fact that you lot were living on trees before them is what true backwardness represents.

Besides, we are very proud of our mud houses and unique architecture.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by PierreDeFermath(m): 5:34am On Jan 26, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Do you have any idea how old these "mud houses are"? You are clueless to see the situation here, you lot didnt even have mud houses around, easier to build on nothing like the brits did with you so the fact that you lot were living on trees before them is what true backwardness represents.

Besides, we are very proud of our mud houses and unique architecture.
In as much as I'm not proud of uoru a mud houses too,that's a palace and its nothing attractive compared to Yoruba palaces of the olden days. Yoruba palaces were way more beautiful this,they were decorated with multi coloured tradition chalks and what we call elu added to make it stick. there were calligraphers that design it so beautifully with different inscriptions
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by PierreDeFermath(m): 5:42am On Jan 26, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

And before the brits taught you how to build what were you monkeys living in? shameless buffoon! cheesy
at least the British thought them how to build,you guys learnt your yeye architecture from Malians architectures of hundreds of years ago. From frying pan to fire. cc lagosrd,check Musa of Mali's mosque in Mali and see what I'm talking about. the mosque isn't any different from this palace and they're here claiming civilization. Northerners have never been civilised and they're still not civilised till today,their only civilisation is embezzling money,drink codeine,take drugs,tramadol,homosexuality,sniff gutter,sniff petrol,sniff soak away. They don't have any Whole Soyinka or Philip Emeagwali,they don't travel to the western world and we wonder why they so much cherish terrorism
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 26, 2018
PierreDeFermath:
In as much as I'm not proud of uoru a mud houses too,that's a palace and its nothing attractive compared to Yoruba palaces of the olden days. Yoruba palaces were way more beautiful this,they were decorated with multi coloured tradition chalks and what we call elu added to make it stick. there were calligraphers that design it so beautifully with different inscriptions

Lmao. And what is this architecture called? What palace in the first place? You mean tree houses? Griffin monkey! If it's so beautiful why are you ashamed of them that you're replacing them? Where are they? Griffin monkeys and their inferiority complex. You had not architecture. You had nothing, every little semblance of civilization you had you got from the north. Please show me one picture of such structures . lol! There isnt one because you had none, the little you had can't even begin to compare with tubali. Goway you inferior monkey.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 26, 2018
PierreDeFermath:
at least the British thought them how to build,you guys learnt your yeye architecture from Malians architectures of hundreds of years ago. From frying pan to fire. cc lagosrd,check Musa of Mali's mosque in Mali and see what I'm talking about. the mosque isn't any different from this palace and they're here claiming civilization. Northerners have never been civilised and they're still not civilised till today,their only civilisation is embezzling money,drink codeine,take drugs,tramadol,homosexuality,sniff gutter,sniff petrol,sniff soak away. They don't have any Whole Soyinka or Philip Emeagwali,they don't travel to the western world and we wonder why they so much cherish terrorism

LMAO Malians are sahelians, so are we. We influence each other in different aspects. Besides, how do you know they didn't learn from us?

And BTW, there are significant differences between Tubali and Malian architecture. Monkey.

And meanwhile what were you monkeys doing during this time yeah! Playing with fellow monkeys on trees?

I'd take that over the cultism, baby factories, ritualist, armed robbers, drunkards, coke heads, meth heads, crack heads and dope fiends you have down south. And this is even with your so called "education", meaning it'd be worse without it. We have an excuse, lack of education, what's yours? Monkey DNA. Inferior beings.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Gkay1(m): 6:01am On Jan 26, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Its called tubali, you im becile, architecture exclusive to the north. tree dwellers will not understand.

now i know that 80% of people living in north are senseless.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 26, 2018
Gkay1:

now i know that 80% of people living in north are senseless.

Because we were putting up structures while your ancestors were thumping their chest and picking off love from their hair?

Yeah we are the senseless ones.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Gkay1(m): 6:18am On Jan 26, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

Because we were putting up structures while your ancestors were thumping their chest and picking off love from their hair?

Yeah we are the selfless ones.

mud structure
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 26, 2018
Gkay1:

mud structure

Structures nonetheless. Monkey!
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by maticdamian(m): 6:47am On Jan 26, 2018
Princesteve7248:
Having this then, he is rich... All the houses and cars we cherish now will also be old school in the next 50 years

I don't think so bruv
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by lagosrd: 7:31am On Jan 26, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

I ordinarily will not have replied you but quote this a 's your take home. You guys will still be left in this century by the time we advance a 's a people. When you still have this slavery mentality that you still posses. Hardly can we find 10 percent of you guys who are truly educated compared to the south. When you guys are not educated imagine the lifestyle you will be living. You resist development and socialization and choose the worse part of socialization. Drug abuse, child trafficking, child molestation, under age marriage etc etc. Normadism has sudden become a way of life for you guys. Talk about accent you guys are not close at all. Go and get a video of the very first Prime Minister of nigeria, your man and see his command of English and you will be blown apart but what do you guys have now? What have you learnt since then? Nothing. You call glo "gilo" etc frankly speaking in every facet the north has been largely behind due to the type of leadership and government both at the federal, state and monarchy levels. All have largely failed you. He all dirty jobs in Nigeria it's the Northernera that do them.
Get wise, get brain and soupy your skull with meaningful things and surround yourself with positive people.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 26, 2018
lagosrd:

I ordinarily will not have replied you but quote this a 's your take home. You guys will still be left in this century by the time we advance a 's a people. When you still have this slavery mentality that you still posses. Hardly can we find 10 percent of you guys who are truly educated compared to the south. When you guys are not educated imagine the lifestyle you will be living. You resist development and socialization and choose the worse part of socialization. Drug abuse, child trafficking, child molestation, under age marriage etc etc. Normadism has sudden become a way of life for you guys. Talk about accent you guys are not close at all. Go and get a video of the very first Prime Minister of nigeria, your man and see his command of English and you will be blown apart but what do you guys have now? What have you learnt since then? Nothing. You call glo "gilo" etc frankly speaking in every facet the north has been largely behind due to the type of leadership and government both at the federal, state and monarchy levels. All have largely failed you. He all dirty jobs in Nigeria it's the Northernera that do them.
Get wise, get brain and soupy your skull with meaningful things and surround yourself with positive people.

You speak as if you lot are all noble men now? When you speak of education you only shoot yourself in the foot. Nomadism is practiced by less than 1 percent of the northern population and there is nothing wrong it the lifestyle itself bar the clashes. But whatever shortcomings we have we can blame on education, we haven't caught up with the world because we rejected education at a crucial time.

But what's your excuse? Even with your education you people have more flaws and shortcomings than we do. I reckon there's a limit to what education can do for you lot because you're naturally not very smart and just created for physical slavery.

Good that you brought up balewa, the standards our educated ones are reaching. Dangote like his grandfather before him. Read every British record, there's a reason they've always viewed you as inferior to us because it's just the fact.

You think we are dominating or holding the country hostage now? You just wait, with the new wave of educated northerners growing up you lot will be renderd utterly obsolete and relegated back to what you are. Pets that only exist for their resources and for our amusement.

And I do surround myself with smart positive people, that's why wherever I am I distance myself from you manky southerners. The shame of having to share nationality with monkeys.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by lagosrd: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

You speak as if you lot are all noble men now? When you speak of education you only shoot yourself in the foot. Nomadism is practiced by less than 1 percent of the northern population and there is nothing wrong it the lifestyle itself bar the clashes. But whatever shortcomings we have we can blame on education, we haven't caught up with the world because we rejected education at a crucial time.

But what's your excuse? Even with your education you people have more flaws and shortcomings than we do. I reckon there's a limit to what education can do for you lot because you're naturally not very smart and just created for physical slavery.

Good that you brought up balewa, the standards our educated ones are reaching. Dangote like his grandfather before him. Read every British record, there's a reason they've always viewed you as inferior to us because it's just the fact.

You think we are dominating or holding the country hostage now? You just wait, with the new wave of educated northerners growing up you lot will be renderd utterly obsolete and relegated back to what you are. Pets that only exist for their resources and for our amusement.

And I do surround myself with smart positive people, that's why wherever I am I distance myself from you manky southerners. The shame of having to share nationality with monkeys.

Exactly why southerners don't argue with you guys. You are so I'll of gate and bigotry. You're not better than one alimajiri that escaped from one islamic scholar. Everything about the south is far better than whatever you might have packaged together in the north. Anything north is social vices to the extreme. Killing scores of people , rejecting education, rejecting vaccines, underage marriage etc. See either you like it or not we are different people. We are only trying our best to help you guys before we are declared a republic. You can boast of the use of English language freely in this platform because Seun has created this for everyone. What have you people created. Boko Haram. You seems to be lost to what your people are up to. They are still barbaric as we a revenue talking now. And in your widest imagination you think you can catch up with us in just a few years. Abi didirin
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by BigBrotherNaija(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2018
TolaTosin:
u don get Google AdSense come abandon propeller

Nna so nah
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Gkay1(m): 9:15am On Jan 26, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

stop fooling yourself.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by Gkay1(m): 9:15am On Jan 26, 2018
DevdanSanguine:

stop fooling yourself.
Re: Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:19am On Jan 26, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:

Kano in the 50's 1st pic
Others Igbo land

Typical picture of Hausa vs Igbo in early 19th century - you guys were primitive as hell, especially if we consider that most of you were also Cannibals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Encyclopedia Of Animals In Igbo Language / Ooni Ogunwusi Renames IPOB In Umuahia / Man ‘arrests’ Nsukka Deity For Making His Business Fail (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.