Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? (36784 Views)

Olawale Oluwo: Tinubu Vs Ambode - What Really Happened - Ex-Commissioner Reveals / Alaafin Of Oyo Supports Buhari, Slams Obasanjo 'who Never Did All They Wanted' / Obasanjo: Who Want Things To Continue Like This; His Head Must Be Checked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by datribune: 9:13am On Jan 26, 2018
Pls if i may ask, what is obasanjo's contribution to d S/West. What did d S/West gain under Obasanjo.
We honour achievement in our region, we honour Asiwaju.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by millhouse: 9:17am On Jan 26, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Tinubu can control the SW no doubt but OBJ can manipulate both the SS, SE and a good percentage of the entire North to belittle him.
tinubu wey Ali Modu Sheriff wan nearly slap for meeting ..it took other politicians around to hold his hand.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by maisauki: 9:17am On Jan 26, 2018
It depends...but i'll give it to jagaban. he has produced or helped to produce at least forty governors while still in opposition party since 1999, remove tinubu factor and buhari is not president...what obj did was to impose candidates and......we all remember what yar'adua said after winning d 2007 elections

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by talk2rotman(m): 9:17am On Jan 26, 2018
in Nigeria as a while...obj has more influence but in south west alone...tinubu has more influence

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by anigbajumo(m): 9:20am On Jan 26, 2018
millhouse:
tinubu wey Ali Modu Sheriff wan nearly slap for meeting ..it took other politicians around to hold his hand.

U can do better,another piece of lies.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by MrCGPA(m): 9:25am On Jan 26, 2018
Jagaban pulls more weight in the south west politics put the Obj's letter is a national affair that is paramount to everyone. The pain in the country doesn't exempt any region. We are still going to vote Ambode but Buhari is a no go area. daura is his root come 2019

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Badonasty(m): 9:26am On Jan 26, 2018
Prechbills:
Is Tinubu More Powerful Than OBJ In The South West?

Who is boss between tinubu and obasanjo because some people have been saying tinubu can deliver 80 / 90% for buhari..so I'm asking yorubas and others... Who is the most powerful man in the south as a whole sef..isn't it obj?

With the objection of obj to buhari's policies now I believe buhari can only have 35% in the south west.. Never underestimate obj like seriously. Forget tinubu.. Obj can frustrate tinubu and buhari at the same time.

Share your opinions

Please mods post to FP
This is a very serious thread

Jagaban na local champion...OBJ Na international champion...foreign leaders respect obj die

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by dennisworld1(m): 9:26am On Jan 26, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Tinubu can control the SW no doubt but OBJ can manipulate both the SS, SE and a good percentage of the entire North to belittle him.
he can never beat buhari at the north....,
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 26, 2018
Newpride:
Obj is far far more powerful, stronger both national and internationally than Tinubu. Where Tinubu will do open campaign for people to hear him, obj will stay in his bedroom and his voice will be heard.
correct correct
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 26, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
OBJ has Nigeria in his pockets.
No, but he has u nd ur family in his pockets.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 26, 2018
Tinubu controls osun and lagos .....baba is national . Obj is like a one man army that wreck a lot of havoc, any day anytime anywhere.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Awoleesu(m): 9:29am On Jan 26, 2018
Not a fan of both, but in an objective analogy you don't compared a local champ to an international figure!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by alizma: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2018
lilfreezy:
OBASANJO is more powerful not only in the south West but Nigeria as a whole. He is the only person northerners fear.
To be feared is not strength when your opponent has the people's loyalty. The loyalty of north is with buhari an ally of tinubu. Coming to the west, who obasanjo help? But the turn around for better Lagos is still being attributed to tinubu while many western states look forward to having the same leadership trend that exist in Lagos to come to their state. So Tinubu is most influential among the two as much as buhari and tinubu are still friends.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:33am On Jan 26, 2018
Luiz1:
No, but he has u nd ur family in his pockets.
Stop fooling yourself you talk like as if you don't know Obasanjo and the way he controls Nigeria's politics now I am hearing he wants to bring Kwankwaso and Ezekwesili.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by maisauki: 9:36am On Jan 26, 2018
vickzie:
I'm from the south east but I'd say tinubu is stronger than obj in the southwest considering the fact that all tinubu's boys are everywhere both federal level and southwest level, and considering the fact that his highest political office was just as a governor, his wife is still a serving senator, while obj's daughter lost same senatorial seat, meanwhile obj na ex presido, imagine if tinubu were to be an ex president, obj for still be learner for southwest politics
your senses dey gidigba...come make i give you my sister
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by tall2ce(m): 9:36am On Jan 26, 2018
None of them can influence me
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by redsun(m): 9:37am On Jan 26, 2018
It should who is more notorious?They are both thieves that lives off the public sweat and blood,just like the rest of nigerian politicians.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by lilfreezy: 9:42am On Jan 26, 2018
alizma:

To be feared is not strength when your opponent has the people's loyalty. The loyalty of north is with buhari an ally of tinubu. Coming to the west, who obasanjo help? But the turn around for better Lagos is still being attributed to tinubu while many western states look forward to having the same leadership trend that exist in Lagos to come to their state. So Tinubu is most influential among the two as much as buhari and tinubu are still friends.

The north only understands the language of fear, which they always use against the southerners. Tinubu is a soft Democrat and nothersners will always control such. OBASANJO knows how to take the game to them.
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 26, 2018
aolawale025:
Lagos may slip out of tinubu's hand by 2019. The margins between winner and loser in the 2011 and 2015 elections have been narrowing in Lagos.

Lagos has never been more safely in Tinubu's hands than now - can't say same for the rest of the SW. PDP is dead and buried in Lagos, as the last juggernaut they had - Obanikoro has left, leaving Bode George (rascally old man), and Agbaje (*chuckles*).

Until you have been to a ward meeting of the party, you would never realize how deep into Lagos' grassroots APC is entrenched: all these bricklayers, taxi drivers etc. are loyal members at that level cos the party dispenses favours even down to their level. From what my old classmate in the party told me, if you are a card carrying member, known in your ward, and punctual in attending ward meetings, you can for instance walk to a LASG construction site to ask for a job as a bricklayer, and be accorded priority.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by hotwax: 9:48am On Jan 26, 2018
Bagehot:

Lagos has never been more safely in Tinubu's hands than now - can't say same for the rest of the SW. PDP is dead and buried in Lagos, as the last juggernaut they had - Obanikoro has left, leaving Bode George (rascally old man), and Agbaje (*chuckles*).

Until you have been to a ward meeting of the party, you would never realize how deep into Lagos' grassroots APC is entrenched: all these bricklayers, taxi drivers etc. are loyal members at that level cos the party dispenses favours even down to their level. From what my old classmate in the party told me, if you are a card carrying member, known in your ward, and punctual in attending ward meetings, you can for instance walk to a LASG construction site to ask for a job as a bricklayer, and be accorded priority.

With Ambode's performance. PDP can't muster votes in Lagos.

However, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo are not under Tinubu's grip.

APC is living on borrowed time in Osun state. Osun people are angry with Aregbe

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by sokera: 10:07am On Jan 26, 2018
Tinubu is more powerful , no argument about that ...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Oblang(m): 10:12am On Jan 26, 2018
krendo:
Obj has more global contacts

Tinubu has more grass roots influence

Who is of more electoral value? I will say Tinubu

But when Obj speaks the world listens!

That's because obj was an ex president

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by hakanai(m): 10:13am On Jan 26, 2018
Tinubu has active influence with personality in power who together can garner grassroot support. Obj on the other hand has goodwill amongst people across board but not strong enough to call them to act against there principal when the chips are down.

Obj had alot of persons in key positions before the APC won in 2015. In Obj quest to bring GEJ down, his chunk of influence left the corridors of power. Tinubu on the other hand succeeded in the last election to get more of his folks into key positions in the SW and national level and across to the North.

Today as it stands Obj only boost of expired politicians eg people like Lamido etc. The others you see appreciate him out of respect and goodwill which he can destroy by simply trying to go against there interest.

As for me the power has gradually moved to the people... What matters is getting the people onboard as there are no guarantees that influencers can always give the right push.

At the moment the dynamics i feel will greatly be with the people and such persons as Obj and Tinubu or even Buhari can only secure that much a support and can't assure anyone of complete or majority support.Forget thugs, it would be hard to force those that want to vote otherwise.People willing to vote there own way are more in numbers.

Obj letter is playing to the gallery. He has seen the dynamics that no single person holds the ace. Not PDP and not APC. Not some God father or some spiritual leader.He has seen that the power is with the people come 2019. As such he is touching them where they may like. The things that drive votes in Nigeria today most likely will be centered and divided along religion,ethnicity,gov. service,daily challenges,security,food,job,welfare etc so the reasons are vast and that goes beyond party or individual influence.

Neither Tinubu nor Obj can secure victory for anyone. Its better people focus on being independent and voting what or who works...EOD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by sokera: 10:13am On Jan 26, 2018
We the south west people knows we don’t respect OBJ as much as we respect Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by orisa37: 10:13am On Jan 26, 2018
Oduduwa Descendants don't talk anyhow about Power or ascribe Power to common mortals.
Power is Christ and Oduduwa. Power is therefore God(Olodumare).
Yorubas talk more about Culture.
There are two living Individuals in Yorubaland that you don't just assess anyhow with local pepper-soup mouth--Soyinka and Obasanjo, without incurring international consequences. These two are International figures.
Tinubu is still very much a Local Yoruba Champion. He has local Charms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by win2kwire: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2018
lilfreezy:
OBASANJO is more powerful not only in the south West but Nigeria as a whole. He is the only person northerners fear.

Unfortunately he has not used that leverage to change the fortunes of Southern Nigeria by balancing power and economics.
He was president many times and mallams still control over 75% of oil blocks.
His power is useless as a result!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by ibudaniel(m): 10:17am On Jan 26, 2018
baba is more popular
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by lilfreezy: 10:23am On Jan 26, 2018
win2kwire:

Unfortunately he has not used that leverage to change the fortunes of Southern Nigeria by balancing power and economics.
He was president many times and mallams still control over 75% of oil blocks.
His power is useless as a result!
greedy leaders That's what's killing us
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Mccollins042(m): 10:28am On Jan 26, 2018
SweetJoystick:
That one no concern me, wetin concern me be say Buhari must leave Aso rock come 2019

Just noticed Tinubu's cap is always with just one particular design. shocked
u dey see road, I noticed it too
Re: Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:31am On Jan 26, 2018
In south west Tinubu is more popular than Obasanjo, but internationally Obasanjo is more popular.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Old Couple Who Lost Their Only Child To Boko Haram (photo) / Kankara Schoolboys’ Abduction & Rescue Is Scam — Afenifere / Troops Kill Scores Of ISWAP Terrorists In Borno, Recover 6 Gun Trucks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.