Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

My Glory Will I Not Share With Another - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Glory Will I Not Share With Another (1691 Views)

When I Come In My Glory, I Shall Reward Every Man According To His Works - Jesus / So Will I (100 Billion X): You Can Not Listen To This Song And Remain The Same / My God My Glory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 26, 2018
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else" - Isaiah 42:8

Ask a Christian who his or her Lord is and before you finish the sentence they will abruptly say, in a quite jolting manner - JESUS! Jesus of course.

Got to any church on Sunday and 90% of the songs and praise go to JESUS, testimony to JESUS and JESUS is exalted while the name of the Almighty Creator, God who alone is God is scantily mentioned.

Christians worship JESUS 24x7 even though Jesus said :

Jesus replied, "The Scriptures say, 'You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him.'" - Luke 4:8

The Bible is littered with statements emphasizing the supremacy of God and further buttressing the fact that there is none else besides him in the SINGULAR and not a Trinity.

"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else" - Isaiah 42:8

God emphatically says that he will not give his GLORY to anyone else and in my opinion, this also includes the MAN Jesus.

God cannot say one thing in the Old Testament ( so called ) and then say something else in the New Testament.

One of ten commandment reads thus ;
"You shall have no other gods before Me."

I fear that Christianity has exchanged the worship of the ONE GOD for a man JESUS and may be continually and unwittingly committing the sin of IDOLATRY.

Think about it and examine your faith to see if you have erred
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by enilove(m): 10:10am On Jan 26, 2018
frosbel2:

Ask a Christian who his or her Lord is and before you finish the sentence they will abruptly say, in a quite jolting manner - JESUS! Jesus of course.

Got to any church on Sunday and 90% of the songs and praise go to JESUS, testimony to JESUS and JESUS is exalted while the name of the Almighty Creator, God who alone is God is scantily mentioned.

Jesus replied, "The Scriptures say, 'You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him.'" - Luke 4:8

The Bible is littered with statements emphasizing the supremacy of God and further buttressing the fact that there is none else besides him in the SINGULAR and not a Trinity.

God emphatically says that he will not give his GLORY to anyone else and in my opinion, this also includes the MAN Jesus.

God cannot say one thing in the Old Testament ( so called ) and then say something else in the New Testament.

I fear that Christianity has exchanged the worship of the ONE GOD for a man JESUS and may be continually and unwittingly committing the sin of IDOLATRY.

Why are you quoting the Bible when you don't believe it ?

Your case is worse than that of an unbeliever.
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 26, 2018
enilove:

Why are you quoting the Bible when you don't believe it ?

Your case is worse than that of an unbeliever.

Don't be silly, I believe in the Jewish scripture not your so called New Testament though it does contain some moral truths !

And who are you to judge who is a believer or nonbeliever when you actually are a PAGAN?
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by enilove(m): 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
frosbel2:

Don't be silly, I believe in the Jewish scripture not your so called New Testament though it does contain some moral truths !

And who are you to judge who is a believer or nonbeliever when you actually are a PAGAN?

You are not a Muslim , you are not a christian and you also say you are not a pagan .

Before you were a Deeper life Christian but left for one reason or the other .
Before you believed the Bible but now you dont believe the whole book .
Before you believed Jesus and gave your life to him , but now, you said it was a mistake.

You are confused and possessed with the devils . You need to go for deliverance quickly cos your situation is getting out of hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2018
Well I will say you sound funny. You just pick parts of the scriptures u like and drop the rest like it doesn't matter.
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by alBHAGDADI: 1:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
frosbel2:

What a confused human you are.

When Christians praise Jesus, don't you know that they are telling you that He is God, the One who came in Flesh?

If God says He will not share His glory with another, have you tried to know what His glroy is?

Examples:

Resurrecting the dead

Feeding multitude

Healing the sick

Receiving praise from men etc

All of the above were done by Jesus Christ when He was on earth. If you say Jesus is not God, then how come God, who said He will not share His glory with another, now allowed Jesus to show the same glory?

That alone states that Jesus is indeed the God who won't share His glory with another. That's why Muhammad couldn't do any miracle. That's also why Christians experience huge miracles at the mention of the name of Jesus Christ, a name that has been placed above every other name, which can only be allowed to happen by the same God who revealed himself in Jesus Christ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by smoy: 2:30pm On Jan 26, 2018
frosbel2:

unfortunately Jesus have gotten all the glories according to so called Christ-like people
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Originakalokalo(m): 2:57pm On Jan 26, 2018
JESUS told his disciples;

I will send you a comforter.

He now said.....I said that because what the father has is mine.

I am in the father and the Father is in me.

Jesus is the physical image of God the Father that cannot be seen.

Jesus said that a husband and a wife are one.
Yet, we see two persons in Marriage.

Jesus said he and the Father are One also.

This means that if I glorify Jesus I glorify God also.

This is a spiritual mystery.

The fact that you don't understand it doesn't make it false.

In the flesh, our understanding is limited.

It is either you are looking for attention or you are actually in doubt.

Either way,. Your case is different.

I pray that the holy Spirit will help you.
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 26, 2018
enilove:

You are not a Muslim , you are not a christian and you also say you are not a pagan .

Before you were a Deeper life Christian but left for one reason or the other .
Before you believed the Bible but now you dont believe the whole book .
Before you believed Jesus and gave your life to him , but now, you said it was a mistake.

You are confused and possessed with the devils . You need to go for deliverance quickly cos your situation is getting out of hand.

You are as daft as a plank, lol cheesy

I have been evolving from superstition into more factual knowledge about God and the true Religion.

How a Pagan say someone is possessed with devils is beyond me.

Pentecostalism is a disease.
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2018
smoy:
unfortunately Jesus have gotten all the glories according to so called Christ-like people

I am happy that someone sees the point which is that JESUS has usurped the position and authority of God in the lives of these Pentecostals and Evangelicals.

Their ONLY get out of Jail card is to say that Jesus is GOD, lol - even though Jesus rejected this MYTH himself in their New Testament scripture.
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by bloodofthelamb(m): 3:15pm On Jan 26, 2018
JESUS was talking about dumb idols that his people have replaced HIM with, when HE said; I will not share my glory with another.

I said JESUS because HE was the one who spoke those words in HIS pre-incarnate form.

God has shared HIS glory with us[believers] for it pleases HIM to do so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
JESUS was talking about dumb idols that his people have replaced HIM with, when HE said; I will not share my glory with another.

I said JESUS because HE was the one who spoke those words in HIS pre-incarnate form.

God has shared HIS glory with us[believers] for it pleases HIM to do so.

Jesus is NOT GOD, that is a PAGAN belief !!
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by enilove(m): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
frosbel2:

You are as daft as a plank, lol cheesy

I have been evolving from superstition into more factual knowledge about God and the true Religion.

How a Pagan say someone is possessed with devils is beyond me.

Pentecostalism is a disease.

It is a genuine fact that you are evolving negatively , as I said earlier , you are evolving to become a demon incarnate.

I know why I became a Christian . It was not by the conviction of anyone but by prayer and divine conviction. I knew it was the truth after asking God for a sign.

How about you? You dont know where you are going and where you are coming from. What I mean is that you are unstable and you lack what it takes to be a child of God and lastly you don't think b4 taking a decision.

You once said you believed there was hell but suddenly realised there is no hell , you a former christian, a former Bible believer , a former believer of Jesus and the gospel. What a nonsense.
To crown it all , you said you are "evolving", meaning you have not completed your circle of no return. The next thing there is going to be a thread from you stating " There Is No God" , to complete your negative evolvement .

The Bible makes us to understand in :

Ephesians 4:14 KJV
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Is either you have been deceived or you are a deceiver .

2 Likes

Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Originakalokalo(m): 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2018
A verse in the Bible is common to king James version (from old manuscripts)

And other new versions ( from recently discovered manuscripts)

What is this verse?

Jesus said

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me

with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

2 Likes

Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
enilove:

It is a genuine fact that you are evolving negatively , as I said earlier , you are evolving to become a demon incarnate.

I know why I became a Christian . It was not by the conviction of anyone but by prayer and divine conviction. I knew it was the truth after asking God for a sign.

How about you? You dont know where you are going and where you are coming from. What I mean is that you are unstable and you lack what it takes to be a child of God and lastly you don't think b4 taking a decision.

You once said you believed there was hell but suddenly realised there is no hell , you a former christian, a former Bible believer , a former believer of Jesus and the gospel. What a nonsense.
To crown it all , you said you are "evolving", meaning you have not completed your circle of no return. The next thing there is going to be a thread from you stating " There Is No God" , to complete your negative evolvement .

The Bible makes us to understand in :

Ephesians 4:14 KJV
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Is either you have been deceived or you are a deceiver .

Not everyone has to believe in your BULLSHIT.

A good student does not live by BLIND FAITH, he uses his God given faculties of reason, logic, and analysis to understand the deep things of Gods truth and as Paul said, he proves all things, accepts that which is good and rejects that which is evil such as the Trinity, Virgin Birth and Hellfire Pagan blasphemies and heresies.

Begone Mr Pentecostal.
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
Originakalokalo:

A verse in the Bible is common to king James version (from old manuscripts)

And other new versions ( from recently discovered manuscripts)

What is this verse?

Jesus said

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me

with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

John is a Gnostic gospel, nothing to do with the absolute TRUTH.
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Originakalokalo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2018
frosbel2:

John is a Gnostic gospel, nothing to do with the absolute TRUTH.

Here we go.

Excuses.

All the sins you have committed remain with you.

They are not going anywhere. They are not forgiven.

These numerous sins makes your soul to be filthy.

You can't stand his presence in death.

There is a chance for you. You are not lost completely.

Repent and be converted.

I am done on this thread.

God bless you.
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Here we go.

Excuses.

All the sins you have committed remain with you.

They are not going anywhere. They are not forgiven.

These numerous sins makes your soul to be filthy.

You can't stand his presence in death.

There is a chance for you. You are not lost completely.

Repent and be converted.

I am done on this thread.

God bless you.

This is what God says ;

"as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." - Psalm 103:12

2 Samuel 12:13
Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." And Nathan said to David, "The LORD also has taken away your sin; you shall not die.

Isaiah 43:25
"I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins.

"He will again have compassion on us; He will vanquish our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea". - Micah 7:19

God forgave peoples sins before Jesus and he is still forgiving sins after Jesus including mine.

Go back to your religious cult.
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by enilove(m): 8:54am On Jan 27, 2018
frosbel2:

Not everyone has to believe in your BULLSHIT.

A good student does not live by BLIND FAITH, he uses his God given faculties of reason, logic, and analysis to understand the deep things of Gods truth and as Paul said, he proves all things, accepts that which is good and rejects that which is evil such as the Trinity, Virgin Birth and Hellfire Pagan blasphemies and heresies.

Begone Mr Pentecostal.

Your unbelief is not going to change the truth. There are so many heaven and hell experiences that God has given people from all parts of the world to warn people like you.

There is thread by Edelweiss44 titled FOR THOSE WHO THINK HELL IS AN EMPTY THREAT FROM THE BIBLE , click it and play the first video then come back here and tell us what you feel.

The thread is a current one.
Re: My Glory Will I Not Share With Another by Maximus85(m): 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
frosbel2:

The problem here is, the Lord. First, Lord is not a name. It's a title and even if Lord is a name, will Almighty God share a name with anyone else? Even God is not a name, it is a title. God has a personal name which in Hebrew is Yaweh and in English, Jehovah.
King James caused all this wahala when he replaced Jehovah with Lord. The biggest pastors in Nigeria are blind to this fact.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Funke's Preaching Finally & Completely Destroyed / Benny Hinn Confesses And Repents About Prosperity Gospel,he Is No More Involved / Sign Fireman Miracle Crusade, National Stadium, Lagos, Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.