Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash (43449 Views)

Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / Da Grin Is Dead! / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by mbulela: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2010
sjeezy8:

naija hospitals are shiot!!!!!!!!

If it was yankee he would have been alive
davidylan:

Did the doctors check for swelling in brain or cranial bleeding? I'm sure they didnt . . . Naija for you.

An uncle of mine suffered a similar accident and was discharged from LUTH. Poor fellow collapsed a few days later of bleeding in the brain and had to be rushed to London for emergency brain surgery. Naija for you.

i get very worried when seemingly intelligent persons make silly,simplistic generalisations all in a bid to bash.
I have seen a medical systems in the developing world (Nigeria) and observed the developed world (two western countires) from very close quarters and i am unimpressed with the quoted posts.
Nigerian medical system is poor;yes.
but

to say he would not have died if it was in yankee or UK is extremely naive.
don't people die in yankee hospitals?
are patients not misdiagnosed in those places?
If you think the answer to those questions are NO, then you are in for a very rude shock and slightly delusional.

questioning the ability of Nigerian doctors simply shows that you have no clue in the ability of the average Nigerian doctor.They make mistakes, are ill equipped and all that but for a non medical doctor to come and point them in the seeming right direction is laughable at best.
That you uncle died does not give room for drawing sweeping generalizations with disregard to the basics of statistics.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by VPG: 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2010
platinumnk:

the same reason why Yardua flies out the country to get treatment.
Once in my life, I am in agreement.
Stop making excuses. Nigeria has no security. As long as you dont get sick, hurt, robbed, kidnapped, its all good.
Oh you think there is security on joy road or seven mile in detroit do you know 90% of the stores on that road close at 7 abeg. I'm not saying nigeria is not F(ucked) up but it's a developing country in africa for that matter what do you expect?
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by chamotex(m): 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2010
tubabie:

Chamo, do you think those sources are absolutely sure?

I'm afraid yes!
If you go on facebook, so many of these artistes, who are close friends have confirmed it.

Even the promoter of the O2 concert next month which Da Grin woulda been performing has confirmed it.
He's been the one denying claims he was dead for the past few days, so for him to confirm it. . . . he must have been absolutely sure.
I just hope this is all a dream. cry
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by EEVICTOREE(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2010
Barack O Grin ,  Am just Speechless  cry cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by mbulela: 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2010
davidylan:

any doctor worth his salt here would have immediately requested for an MRI to check for bleeding in the brain when he was brought in with head injuries particular swelling of the head.
There is no faster silent killer than a swelling brain or a brain aneurysm. Now we know why Yar Adua trusts the Saudis.

so there are no doctors worth their salt in naija?
guy, i hope someone is not impersonating your ID,you are better than this.
Naija is bad but to doubt the ability of doctors to this level, where you a non doctor will be pointing the way for them is silly.
there are a least 2 MRIs in las gidi.
what makes you think they did not send him for one?
or had genuine reasons to pursue another line of diagnostics?
how you are drawing all these sweeping conclusions are bewildering.
were you part of the team treating him?
or you want to rely on all these confusing self serving tweets that have been flying all over the place?
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2010
mbulela:

i get very worried when seemingly intelligent persons make silly,simplistic generalisations all in a bid to bash.
I have seen a medical systems in the developing world (Nigeria) and observed the developed world (two western countires) from very close quarters and i am unimpressed with the quoted posts.
Nigerian medical system is poor;yes.
but

to say he would not have died if it was in yankee or UK is extremely naive.
don't people die in yankee hospitals?
are patients not misdiagnosed in those places?
If you think the answer to those questions are NO, then you are in for a very rude shock and slightly delusional.

questioning the ability of Nigerian doctors simply shows that you have no clue in the ability of the average Nigerian doctor.They make mistakes, are ill equipped and all that but for a non medical doctor to come and point them in the seeming right direction is laughable at best.
That you uncle died does not give room for drawing sweeping generalizations with disregard to the basics of statistics.  

My mother is a nigerian medical doctor so bear in mind that when you accuse me of "questioning the ability of Nigerian doctors" you also accuse me of questioning my mother's abilities too.

The FRANK TRUTH is that the typical Nigerian doctor is ILL-PREPARED for complex medical problems because they were not trained with the requisite facilities. You can hide under the banner of "sweeping generalizations" all you want. I was virtually raised around doctors all my life so i at least have a faint idea what goes on in those empty morgues you call hospitals.

My uncle didnt die by the way.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by demdem1: 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2010
embarassed i still don't believe embarassed
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by lalaboi(m): 10:36pm On Apr 22, 2010
chamotex:

I'm afraid yes!
If you go on facebook, so many of these artistes, who are close friends have confirmed it.

Even the promoter of the O2 concert next month which Da Grin woulda been performing has confirmed it.
He's been the one denying claims he was dead for the past few days, so for him to confirm it. . . . he must have been absolutely sure.

I had freind call me from naija telln me the news. . . asked if he was sure . . .he said yeh that he just got out the hospital. . .
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by tubabie(f): 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2010
chamotex:

I'm afraid yes!

Damn, cry cry cry cry
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2010
tosinaded2:

guy fkkk off abeg i dey mourn beta person
Safe to say Dagrin had no beef with anyone. I dont wanna have one with you. Peace?

RIP GRIN, omo! e pain me o! I swear, e pain me! All bars were ILL on his joints, ALL!
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by EEVICTOREE(m): 10:45pm On Apr 22, 2010
Heard it live on silverbird (STV),

Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by platinumnk(f): 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2010
davidylan:

The FRANK TRUTH is that the typical Nigerian doctor is ILL-PREPARED for complex medical problems because they were not trained with the requisite facilities. You can hide under the banner of "sweeping generalizations" all you want. I was virtually raised around doctors all my life so i at least have a faint idea what goes on in those empty morgues you call hospitals.
VPG:

Oh you think there is security on joy road or seven mile in detroit do you know 90% of the stores on that road close at 7 abeg. I'm not saying nigeria is not F(ucked) up but it's a developing country in africa for that matter what do you expect?
You name ONE road in the Us, but yet the whole of Nigeria is like this undecided
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by mbulela: 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2010
davidylan:

My mother is a nigerian medical doctor so bear in mind that when you accuse me of "questioning the ability of Nigerian doctors" you also accuse me of questioning my mother's abilities too.

Thank God for your uncle.

I also have much more than a faint idea of the system.it is bad, i know but we do not have a clear picture of his case,
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by A40(m): 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2010
Mehn its no point arguing about the hospital matter car crashes happen everywhere. In the words of Camron 'There's a war going on outside no man is safe from, it don't matter if u 3ft or 8'1' we would never get the full story till the autopsy but i agree with Davidylan certain procedures that may have aided survival may have been missed!
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by topeorekoy(m): 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2010
anyone can die during accidents. pple die in the u.s or u.k too wen involved in an accident, princess diana had a  car accident and later died in the hospital. r u going to tell me that they do not have equipments and good doctors in the u.k?

there are so many survivors in nigerian hospital
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by EEVICTOREE(m): 11:08pm On Apr 22, 2010
Sources just informed that rapper Da Grin is dead. He was hospitalized at Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) in Idi Araba after he was involved in a collison on the 14th of April. Doctors had informed he was pulling through after he was moved from the intensive unit of the hospital to the wards to be seen/visited by friends and family members. Rock solid and reliable sources just informed the Rapper is dead.

He was born Olaitan Olaitan Oladapo Olaonipekun.

A friend of the 23 years old rapper also confirmed the news and informs his family members are not dealing with the loss well.

The Rap artiste who was nominated for the 2010 Hiphop World awards to take place in May was on his way from a friends place when he drove into a stationery truck.

Rest in Peace Da Grin.

Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by lalaboi(m): 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2010
Before. . .he was on his way from studio. . . . Now he was on his way from his friends. . . . another one, he was drunk and high!. . .

WHy cant peeps be truthfull for once in their dam life. . . person don die una still dey try cover up how e get accident/ / /tseeeew
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by honeric01(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2010
@david and plat,
Una dey vex me big time, wetin be all these rubbish una dey type? Even in lagos, doctors have successfully operated on siame twin, kidney patient, kidney transplant, brain tumor e . T . C, what's more complex than these?
Abeg i dey cry and vex for here, make una no make me curse una this night, if u want to continue bashing anything nigerian, at least respect da grin by not flooding this thread with your series of memory verses. Da grin, God day, i just hope u made it to that heavenly place, life's short! God abeg na ur hand i dey, i take bike everyday frm egbeda to okota, God keep me pls.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by magicfairy(m): 11:18pm On Apr 22, 2010
Dagrin, you have joined the greats who live and die young,the James Deans,the 2Pacs, the Jimmy Hendricks. You've come, done it, and now gone! The artist never dies, he lives on in his works! You are here forever! REST IN PEACE
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Genuflect(m): 11:31pm On Apr 22, 2010
Da Grin, Sun Re O

Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by funkybaby(f): 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2010
A-40:

@Funkybaby
Lol it was God oh looking back now we where really lucky with those gambles we took with our lives i for one since i have experienced two car crashes and i have seen countless Third Mainland Thursday nite crashes (there might be one tonight) but i agree with you on most of your points but Naija hospitals do next to nothing a naija car crash victim has 10 to 15% chance of surviving at those glorified morgues

Yeah, looking back now, all i can do is thank God for His mercies.

Its really sad !

It is well !
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by richceo: 3:06am On Apr 23, 2010
hello fellas
is it true that Da grin is dead? this is too sad to say men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:09am On Apr 23, 2010
[size=13pt]Da grin is not death. . . he was rushed to an hospital and he's getting better by now.[/size]
richceo:

hello fellas
is it true that Da grin is dead? this is too sad to say men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by shotster50(m): 3:12am On Apr 23, 2010
@ Ogaga, are you sure you are not still reading last weeks news?? The guy is dead.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by oyinda3(f): 3:20am On Apr 23, 2010
shotster50:

@ Ogaga, are you sure you are not still reading last weeks news?? The guy is dead.

lol
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by ceasyc(f): 3:59am On Apr 23, 2010
davidylan:

Without an MRI there's nothing they can do and i can bet my last cent there are no more than 2 MRI machines in the whole of Nigeria.

i think as at 2008 there were 3 MRI machines in d whole of 9ja shocked shocked shocked
1 in abuja,1 in ibadan and 1 in LUTH in lagos cost over 80,000 naira 4 a scan
n dey cannot even read/interprete d dam.n thing or results properly
dem so called radiologist or wotever dey r called - i've been there done dat/it

d mri scan took over 4 hours 2 do @luth, got home tired n piss.ed,
dey called from luth less than 30 mins l8r saying sorry we cudnt read
d scan properly, come back 2moro and repeat d scan, no extra charge.

rubbish talk, no extra charge my bloody foot! mad people,
dem 4 charge me over 80k again? i was red n mad as hell. an MRI scan
takes less than 30 mins 2 do in d uk & india. d uk one is free (NHS), d indian one is
about $200 (about 30k or so)

hissessssssssssssss

o boi d part of d hospital wey d mri dey is so poshhhhhh - a/c, dstv, nice tiles on d floor
i b wan fall sef grin, widescreen tv on d wall, dey even ask u if u want coffee or tea? dey use gen
during d scan in case of nepa failure, etc

if dead then Am not sayin dats d cos of his death but hey undecided

R.I.P MAN
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:48am On Apr 23, 2010
[size=13pt]Ha! shocked shocked he's death for real. . . . .this is unbelievable .[/size]
shotster50:

Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Haity: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry
It's really sad that DaGrin died eventually, i prayed so hard for him. My heart is really heavy, a rare gem is gone, RIP DaGrin.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by labiyemmy(m): 9:43am On Apr 23, 2010
davidylan:

What a thing to say - rubbish of the highest order.

someone died in an accident, you people turn it round blaming the system, doctors, government, hospitals etc- I am sure he is not the only one who died in an accident on the same day he died- worldwide- may his soul rest in peace- but you guys shouldnt turn it into an opportunity to talk nonsense as usual.

I am tired of all these if it was America kind of bull talk - maybe if it was America, the young man would have obeyed the common saying that dont drive while tired or while intoxicated. Please spare us.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by Haity: 9:48am On Apr 23, 2010
Why is there so much argument going on, this guy is dead & gone. Mourn him & stop arguing. His death hurt real bad, still finding it so hard to believe. He was one of the Naija artists i'm so crazy about. Adieu DaGrin. sad cry sad cry
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by platinumnk(f): 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2010
@labiyemmy:

What a thing to say - rubbish of the highest order.

someone died in an accident, you people turn it round blaming the system, doctors, government, hospitals etc- I am sure he is not the only one who died in an accident on the same day he died- worldwide- may his soul rest in peace- but you guys shouldnt turn it into an opportunity to talk nonsense as usual.

I am tired of all these if it was America kind of bull talk - maybe if it was America, the young man would have obeyed the common saying that dont drive while tired or while intoxicated. Please spare us.

Pick the lesser evil~
Drinking and Driving
or
Being treated in a Nigerian Hospital
The Truth is not that hard to see.
Re: Da Grin Involved In Serious Car Crash by ayettymama(f): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2010
RIP Dagrin

this isnt the time to blame nigeria, blame this blame that blabber incessantly

its the time to mourn the loss of a great artist

gone to soon- you will never be forgotten cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Do Musicians Make Money In This Era Of The Internet And Free Downloads? / Don Pedro Obaseki: Ban Olamide's "Science Student" For Encouraging Drugs Use / Hit Songs Banned By The Nigeria Broadcasting Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.