Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,529 members, 7,850,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:25 AM

Each Child Is Unique. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Each Child Is Unique. (270 Views)

Who Says A Female Child Is An Empty Barrel? / Here Is How To Tell If The Child Is Yours Without Doing DNA. / The Reasons Why Sancoj ( The World’s First Opportunity Supermarket) Is Unique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Each Child Is Unique. by Btruth: 7:04am On Jan 26, 2018
Each Child Is Unique

Friday, 26 January 2018

'Before you were born I set you apart.' Jeremiah 1:5 NIV

Does a baby come into the world with a complex personality, or is that child a blank slate on which experience will write? In the past, behavioural scientists believed newborns had no temperamental or emotional characteristics upon arrival from the womb. Their little personalities were supposedly formed entirely by the experiences that came their way in ensuing years. But most parents knew better. Every mother of two or more children was convinced that each of her infants had a different personality—a different feel—from the very first time they were held.

Now, after years of research, numerous authorities in child development acknowledge that those mothers were right. One important study identified nine characteristics that varied in babies—such as moodiness, level of activity, and responsiveness. They also found that the differences from child to child tended to persist into later life. Indeed, babies do differ in infinite ways that define our humanness and our individuality. If every snowflake that falls has its own design, and if every grain of sand at the seashore is unique, it makes no sense to suppose that children are assembly-line products stamped out by the same giant cookie cutter. There’s no denying the importance of environment and human experience in shaping who we are and how we think. But there can be no doubt that each person on earth is a one-of-a-kind creation from the earliest moments of life. As God told Jeremiah: ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.’ You need to know that about your children.

(1) (Reply)

Learn Lessons From 2001 Stadium Tragedy, Ghana Sports Minister Appeals / Jagran Party Delhi / 4 Reasons The Rich Are Getting Richer (how You Can Join Them)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.