Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili (14487 Views)

I Defected To ADC, Not Because Of Buhari Senator Monsurat Recants / APC Parallel Congresses Targeted At Buhari – Senator Marafa / IGP Idris Donated 2 Jeeps To Aisha Buhari - Senator Isah Misau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by cytell56: 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2018
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

A Serving Senator, Ali Wakili has weighed in Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo's letter to President Muhammadu Buhari criticizing his performance in governing Nigeria.

Wakili believes that the letter is not powerful enough to weaken President Buhari's support base for the 2019 Elections. Wakili, a retired customs officer and chairman of the Senate committee on poverty alleviation, made this statement on Thursday.

He disclosed that no one could change the mind of Northerners on Buhari;

"Unfortunately for him, he cannot change the minds of average northerners on President Buhari.There is no candidate in the North that can defeat Buhari. He (Obasanjo) can only whittle down a little bit of his support base,"

Wakili opined that Obasanjo should have contacted Buhari in private about the issues he highlighted in the controversial 13-page letter, adding that the president's second term bid should be left to the masses.

https://politicsngr.com/2019-elections-obasanjos-letter-cant-anything-buhari-apc-senator/

What else do we expect to hear from you, you are a beneficiary of the kwaruption and non performance of Mr Dullard
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by Oblang(m): 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
YelloweWest:
2019 election is a test to the SW.

buhari cannot win without the SW vote.

So will the SW listen to their elder states man OBJ and vote out an established retaŕd? Or

Will they prove that they are truly slaves to the north as the Igbos call them?

Only time will tell...

Voting Buhari does not make anyone slave to the north afterall u are likely to vote for a northern PDP candidate...

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2018
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by Oblang(m): 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
I will vote for the dullard so the suffering go continue... dem think nah only them wicked

Pls do...
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by Automatic3444(m): 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2018
He goat is talking ..what a taboo...
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by CapitalCee(m): 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
YelloweWest:

So will the SW listen to their elder states man OBJ and vote out an established retaŕd? Or

Only time will tell...

ok. I see. I am not in support of any president. but OBJ is now an elder statesman because he spoke in line with your ideology, but 4 years ago when he wrote similar letter to GEJ, you lots were attacking his person instead of the message. unless each and everyone of us in both side of the divide shun hypocrisy and sycophancy, even if we vote out buhari. we will still vote another useless person.
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by hoyiilow: 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2018
May Obasanjo Never Write me a letter.

I'm not a fan of OBJ but one of my prayer points has always been that may Obasanjo never write me a letter.
Obasanjo may have done exact or more evil than whoever he's writing to admonish but while OBJ always escape repercussions, whoever he writes to admonish are not always lucky.

OBJ's involvement in any issue signifies the imminent end of that issue.

First he wrote to Shagari when the latter was soaked in mismanagement of the economy few months later the military smashed Shagari government in 1995.

he then wrote to Abacha and described him as a stone age dictator, the letter landed him in trouble, He was almost killed. But after his death sentence was converted into prison terms, he wrote another letter to Abacha titled NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT, Where he said, "I was a head of state yesterday, today, I'm in jail. You're the head of state today, tomorrow, your condition may be worse than mine...".
Indeed, Abacha's future was worse as he ended inside the grave!!!

OBJ didn't write himself while in power but instead wrote his deputy, Atiku Abubakar. Atiku has become a shadow of his pre-1999 self since then.

It wasn't clear whether he wrote Yaradua, a terminally ill former Kastina governor he imposed on Nigeria....but he came out publicly and asked him to resign!!!

He also didn't spare GEJ he wrote him in a letter titled BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, But it was actually late before the letter was written. Jonathan, today, has become a sorrowful history.

His latest letter to Buhari is no joke,
Take it or not, Buhari needs absolute care else the letter becomes his political abattoir

Beg Obasanjo for me whenever you see him, may he never write me a letter.
Copied!!!
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by hoyiilow: 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2018
hoyiilow:
May Obasanjo Never Write me a letter.

I'm not a fan of OBJ but one of my prayer points has always been that may Obasanjo never write me a letter.
Obasanjo may have done exact or more evil than whoever he's writing to admonish but while OBJ always escape repercussions, whoever he writes to admonish are not always lucky.

OBJ's involvement in any issue signifies the imminent end of that issue.

First he wrote to Shagari when the latter was soaked in mismanagement of the economy few months later the military smashed Shagari government in 1995.

he then wrote to Abacha and described him as a stone age dictator, the letter landed him in trouble, He was almost killed. But after his death sentence was converted into prison terms, he wrote another letter to Abacha titled NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT, Where he said, "I was a head of state yesterday, today, I'm in jail. You're the head of state today, tomorrow, your condition may be worse than mine...".
Indeed, Abacha's future was worse as he ended inside the grave!!!

OBJ didn't write himself while in power but instead wrote his deputy, Atiku Abubakar. Atiku has become a shadow of his pre-1999 self since then.

It wasn't clear whether he wrote Yaradua, a terminally ill former Kastina governor he imposed on Nigeria....but he came out publicly and asked him to resign!!!

He also didn't spare GEJ he wrote him in a letter titled BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, But it was actually late before the letter was written. Jonathan, today, has become a sorrowful history.

His latest letter to Buhari is no joke,
Take it or not, Buhari needs absolute care else the letter becomes his political abattoir

Beg Obasanjo for me whenever you see him, may he never write me a letter.
Copied!!!
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by AmTruth: 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2018
I agree with Sen. Wakili,because an average northerner sees Pres. Buhari as an ideology couple with the Buhari revolution in the agric sector which is to their natural advantage. And for the SW they will certainly stand with Osubanjo since even from Obasonjo's days in PDP they had always gone their way of the AC and later ACN party as against Obasonjo PDP. Most elective political elite,like gov.senators, honourable members,former gov/ministers are still intact in APC unlike during Pres. Goodluck time when most of them had decamped even before Obasonjo's letter to Jonathan.
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by correctyourself(m): 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2018
For your mind.
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by kuffy05(m): 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2018
Them get fear becos Dem no sabi Wetin Dem dey do

CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

OBJ get power oooo!!!! Small something when him write, na all of them beging shake. . .. . Lol
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by Tecno66: 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2018
The vote of northerners alone cannot win PMB the election. He may get majority of the votes if the north stick with him but definitely not a quarter in two third of the states in the country. I think southerners have enough awareness to vote wisely this time around.
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

A Serving Senator, Ali Wakili has weighed in Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo's letter to President Muhammadu Buhari criticizing his performance in governing Nigeria.

Wakili believes that the letter is not powerful enough to weaken President Buhari's support base for the 2019 Elections. Wakili, a retired customs officer and chairman of the Senate committee on poverty alleviation, made this statement on Thursday.

"Unfortunately for him, he cannot change the minds of average northerners on President Buhari.There is no candidate in the North that can defeat Buhari. He (Obasanjo) can only whittle down a little bit of his support base,"

Wakili opined that Obasanjo should have contacted Buhari in private about the issues he highlighted in the controversial 13-page letter, adding that the president's second term bid should be left to the masses.

https://politicsngr.com/2019-elections-obasanjos-letter-cant-anything-buhari-apc-senator/
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by dzaine: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2018
Tribalisr senator. As usual telling us to the face that the country is for the northerners

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by benzion72(m): 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2018
YelloweWest:

Only time will tell...

SW don't listen to no elder nor are they stooge of the North. They are enlighten voters if PMB change today from begin clanish leader improve the economy condem his Fulani marauders I can bet it SW will vote for PMB if not he will not get 5 percent of their votes.

While SW will not return PMB he will get the 5 states in the East becos igbo cant stand begin in opposition remember Azikwe and Tafawa Balewa 1960, Ekuweme and shagari 1979
With the hand writing on the wall Benue Taraba Adamawa may not vote PMB with his Fulani kiiller

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by SirBunky85(m): 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
kuffy05:
Buhari exit come 2019 general election have nothing to do with Obasanjo's letter
Nigeria need a working government not one that spend three whole years blaming the past govt.

They were voted-in to solve problems not to complain oga senator

You and your follow imbeciles wants Buhari to continue complaining and blaming past govt. till 2023
and ur hypocritic working govt is d one headed by atiku abi? u guys ain't serious at all. u criticize pmb and yet support atiku who is one current old corrupt establishment to be d president. I neva see irony wey pass dis one
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by SirBunky85(m): 4:12pm On Jan 26, 2018
YelloweWest:

Only time will tell...
ur blackmail won't sway d sw.allw dem support whosoever dey want to. my problem is with my south eastern brothers who even carry dis atiku mata for head instead of our earlier resolution of boycotting anything election in Nigeria until a referendum is agreed upon .Pls most ipobians shud stop commenting on anything concerning who shud rule Nigeria cuz it's not ur concern since u are not Nigerians

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by wiki15(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2018
While analysts dwell on what Obasanjo said in the letter, what the letter can do to Buhari's campaign or cannot do, we have decided to take a deeper look at the letter and bring to fore the things he didn't say
http://www.heavy.ng/obasanjos-letter-buhari/
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by bedspread: 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2018
It has done a lot already
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by opribo(m): 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2018
Is it not surprising that this same OBJ that was severally seen on TV having unfettered access to Buha and both were always laughing hysterically as though they were mocking Nigerians.

Wonder what could have gone amiss. I believe he could have used that same channel to communicate his grievances rather resort to the usual way of trying to play the best man in Nigeria when he is definitely not.

I didn't recall him trying this mess with Abacha. He capitalises on the closeness and weakness to unleash this type of attacks.

Obj should let Nigeria be, when he was in power our electricity was not fixed, our roads were not fixed, and all the other problems.

In my opinion this obj needed a man like Abacha to put him in check. During his tenure nobody wrote him letter to tarnish him so why then does he do this type of thing to others.
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by reality1010: 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2018
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

Actually the Senator is right to have said that noone will change the Northerners mind on Buhari. Aside that, the North has the population base to upturn any political contest and the North has found an admirer in the South West who r bent on maintaining their VP position, key Ministerial positions and key appointments at the expense of the killings and economic hardship Nigerians r facing daily.The only solution is for the rest zones to threaten d unity of the country and some reasonable Northerners will do away with Buhari to preserve the unity and enjoy the benefits in the country.
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by maasoap(m): 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2018
YelloweWest:

Only time will tell...
Lol. When you and your tribe's men are already planning to be slaves to another northerner.
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by YelloweWest: 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2018
maasoap:

Lol. When you and your tribe's men are already planning to be slaves to another northerner.
We have 225 ethnic groups in Nigeria. I'm not igbo!
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by osazeeblue01: 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
Pray that Obj doesn't write u a letter. I believe those he wrote to will tell u the outcome.
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by maasoap(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2018
YelloweWest:

I'm not igbo. Not even close.

Yorubas are the deciding vote come 2019. The ball is in their court.

Kiss the truth bro.
Assuming that you are right, do you even think it makes sense for you to dictate to them who they should and shouldn't vote for?
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by maasoap(m): 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2018
YelloweWest:

We have 225 ethnic groups in Nigeria. I'm not igbo!
Let me agree that you are not ibo even though I didn't call you any tribe. Now that PDP have zoned their presidential candidate to the north, won't you and the whatever tribe you are become slaves to another northerner by voting for PDP?
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by EternalTruths: 9:09pm On Jan 26, 2018
david0007:
thank God he said said North,

well i have news for you mr senator.

You need either the south east , south west or south south for pmb to get in.

And the last time i checked SW just backed out.

Southeast and south south willl forever never support pmb

Don't conclude yet.

The Igbo votes will be rigged in favour of Buhari as I foresee Igbos not taking the war against Buhari serious
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by kuffy05(m): 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
I didn't mention Atiku
Are you afraid of Atiku?

SirBunky85:

and ur hypocritic working govt is d one headed by atiku abi? u guys ain't serious at all. u criticize pmb and yet support atiku who is one current old corrupt establishment to be d president. I neva see irony wey pass dis one
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by SirBunky85(m): 12:40am On Jan 27, 2018
kuffy05:
I didn't mention Atiku
Are you afraid of Atiku?

So who do u have in mind to pilot d"Working"govt?
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by UnknownT: 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
And he died.
Nobody knows tomorrow
Re: 2019 Elections: Obasanjo's Letter Can't Do Anything To Buhari - Senator Wakili by Raphael81(m): 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
wow RIP he never knew he wouldn't see 2019 hmmmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The #AmaechiTapes And The Low Budget Lai Mohammed Called Tolu Ogunlesi - Reno / Aisha Yesufu: I Wonder How Buhari Became A General Considering Insecurity / Acute Hunger Looming In Northern Nigeria - UN's FAO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.