Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Different And Instresting Ways You Spell Your Name! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Different And Instresting Ways You Spell Your Name! (1545 Views)

How Do U Spell (weed) In Yoruba, Is It Igbo? Or Egbo? / What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians / Spell Your Name In Japanese! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Different And Instresting Ways You Spell Your Name! by kieryn(f): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2010
Just being curious. I have come across many names, especially Nigerian names, in which people have change the original spelling because their name is difficult to pronounce or just trying to be creative. Have you changed the spelling of your name or come across some.
I once worked for an Igbo lady that spells her name Chy-Chy (Chi-Chi).
Example:
Tchidi (Chidi).
Phemi (Femi)
Neeka (Nneka)
Preye (Priye)
Tommy (Tamunowunari)

*I love to see some creative unique spellings!*

Please share!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Different And Instresting Ways You Spell Your Name! by Beaf: 10:08am On Apr 17, 2010
90 percent of the time, changing the spelling of ones name to suit others is a sign of feelings of inferiority.
Mitsubishi from Japan don't care if we can pronounce the name. . . we can't, but we buy their products anyway!

(1) (Reply)

Fela Kuti : What Do You Know About This Legend? / ‘respect Yourself And Sit At The Palace’ Nigerians React To Ooni Of Ife’s Privat / African American & Jewish Community Host Eri King In United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.