Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? (1582 Views)

My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding With Four Days To Go / Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. / Our Wedding Pictures (White And Traditional) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Niftyrules(m): 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
Love is said to be a wonderful thing that can ever happen to a person. Love makes the world go round, but how much do we truly know about this powerful emotion?

As beautiful as love is, it is capable of destroying so many things especially when it is difficult to let go of someone special to you.
One month to our wedding, I discovered we are both "AS" what should I do-dailyfamily.ng

One month to our wedding, I discovered we are both “AS” what should I do?

Below is a true love story of a young lady of 31-year-old whose life is currently in an unbelievable stage as what seemed to be her happiness is gradually turning to sadness.

Her story is published here for you to learn from and to also advise her on what to do. Happy reading.

Hi,
I met Mike when I was in my final year in school (in one of the prestigious universities in the country), He is now a banker at one of the new generation banks in the country and I am a secretary at an Agricultural firm.

We started the relationship as friends and it later graduated into a relationship which led to courtship.

We did our introduction last year (2017) November and are planning to wed next month (February) after four years of being together.

Everything has been fine not until early this month (January) when we were called by my parents’ pastor whose church we want to use for our wedding.

The pastor sat us (I and Mike) down in his office, we had so many discussions and also answered loads of questions from him. Among the questions he asked us was how ready we are to become one, we both looked at each other and gave him an assuring answer with smiles on our faces.

Just as we were rounding off the meeting, the man of God gave us a list of things to put in place in the church before our wedding day e.g fueling of the church power plant, decoration etc and then.

Then he gave us a medical form to fill which can now be described as a symbol of destruction to our relationship and gradually turning our glorious day into a nightmare.

We filled the medical form with our details and he asked us to tick the recommended medical test stated on the form which includes Pregnancy test, HIV/AIDS and blood group/genotype test. After filling the medical form, he called in a member of his church (an elderly woman) and introduced us to her as the intending couple of his church and handed over the filled medical form to her.

After glancing through the form she smiled and asked us when we will have chance to visit her health clinic (she owns a health clinic), Mike quickly whispered to my ear (maybe because he is the shy type) and answered the woman three days time.

Of course, Mike and I visited the clinic as promised and we did the test.

Then she gave us another appointment, that is for the result.

Four days after, I received a phone call from my mum that their pastor wants to see me and Mike as soon as possible.

I quickly called Mike and we both went to the church to meet with the man of God. After welcoming us, he started with a bible verse, he read the scripture with a low and soft voice and started urging us to take things easy with ourselves as he said “God knows the best” he also said, “Thank God it is not too late”.

Not too late for what? I broke the silence. “what is happening here? I screamed at him. Mike was trying to calm me down.

Then the pastor handed a letter to Mike, after glancing through it Mike put his two hands on his head and I quickly snatched the paper from him. I couldn’t believe my eyes with what I saw.

The paper contains the results of our medical test. Of course, I am not pregnant and neither did any of us have HIV/AIDS but the problem is our genotype.

We happened to be of the same genotype “AS”. I was short of words. How could this happen to me? why am I discovering this now? These are some of the questions running through my mind as tears were slowly dropping from my eyes.

The man of God encouraged us to end the relationship for the sake of our unborn children and to avoid stress and wasting of our hard-earned money in the future.

We both thanked him as we left his office in sadness.
After leaving the Pastor’s offfice, we both went to another hospital the following day just to be sure of the results. To our utmost surprise, the results came out the same.

I informed my parents about it, at first they were shocked and then started thanking God that it is not too late to end the relationship in good fate but as for me I’m not pleased with their advice as I have vowed to spend the rest of my life with Mike.

Just few days ago, Mike called me on phone and asked me to join him in an eatery for a serious discussion.

On getting there, I sat down with him and we couldn’t order for anything than water.

It is clearly written all over his face that he is not ready for a breakup.

Mike later broke the silence with his plan of leaving the state with me for another and getting married there.

He said since the church and our parents are not in support of us getting married, the best thing we can do is to leave the state, get married and start a new life.

When I asked him about the challenges that await us if we follow his plan, his reply was a shocking one and full of hope as he said: “Love conquers all”.

I’m confused now and don’t know what to do.

Dear readers to advise Joe on this issue, kindly drop your comments in the comment box below.
Also read this: Lady Saves Money For Two Years To See A Lover She Met Online In His Village For The First Time

Do you have a story you want to share, or you need advice on some issues of life? Matters of the Heart, DailyFamily.ng is the right place. Send your stories to Dailyfamilycontent1@gmail.com

Note: Your personality and contact are important and we highly respect that, it won’t be published on sent stories.

https://dailyfamily.ng/one-month-to-our-wedding-i-discovered-we-are-both-as-what-should-i-do/

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Niftyrules(m): 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2018
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by easyboss1(m): 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2018
hmmmmm.........

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by TITOBIGZ(m): 5:42pm On Jan 26, 2018
FLEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. shocked
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Segzee1(m): 6:02pm On Jan 26, 2018
This is one of the numerous symptoms of Malaria. She needs to visit the nearest hospital before things turn out of hand.

If she had ever hospital where sickle-cell patients are she will forget that her yeye love. grin grin grin grin grin

Check this out http:///2FkSloS
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by uboma(m): 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2018
Call off the wedding.

It is worth it.

Forget the hype about love.

It does not exist.

1 Like

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Prognose: 7:09pm On Jan 26, 2018
I didn't read the long story.

RUN.

1 Like

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by RealityShot: 8:07am On Jan 27, 2018
uboma:
Call off the wedding.

It is worth it.

Forget the hype about love.

It does not exist.
wow! Just like that?
well i guess will also approve of my own opinion;
how about marrying and deleting the babies with SS at birth? grin
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Jochabed(f): 9:39am On Jan 27, 2018
If the both of you are God's will for each other,meaning you heard from God,before you started courting. Then Go ahead,i know of of couples who were AS but through prayers are now AA. May God help you
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by jaychubi: 12:09pm On Jan 27, 2018
Quit
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by olisehcom(f): 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
N
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by kinsoko(m): 1:54pm On Jan 28, 2018
thank God its not too late,,,I concur with your addvicers, so you better go with the addvice of your pastor and parent .

its better you don't Marry mike and live happly than to Marry him and live unhapply..

if you Marry him there is every tendency of Given birth to SS and 1 ss in a family will cause them to be unhapply at all time and will also wast all there resources/money and after which he/she May not survive it (will die).

is better for As woman not to As man cos you will give birth to SS child and the man will hate you and your child, and the child will suffer you, stress you, eat up you money on teatment and after all will die ...so be carefull ..

so think twise
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by kinsoko(m): 2:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
AS + AS =AS,,,AA,,,SS..

its better for As not to plus + As because Their Ss will take away the joy of the family, lavish their wealth and at the end die.

so think of tomorow not today,,,,
be wise..
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by sisisioge: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
Chai! Which kind thing be that. Well, no road there except you wanna have expensive babies.
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Harimsalim(m): 3:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
Well it depends on ur monetary status..,it is possible for both of you to be AS and give birth to healthy kids. Bt all those ish cost money......so go ahead if ur up for it
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by addictiv(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2018
How using the AS man's sperm to fertilize an AA female donor eggs and injecting it into the AS woman's womb for cconception, Will that work?
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by laudate: 2:04am On Jan 29, 2018
Niftyrules:
https://dailyfamily.ng/i-caught-my-wife-selling-her-nude-pictures-to-other-men-what-should-i-do/

Sicklers are born with sickle cell through no fault of their own, their parents made them so! shocked

Break up asap, both of you. No sentiments! angry Do it to avoid your children being born with the SS genotype, and living a life of misery and challenges.

The alternative is to get married and have Pre-implantation Genetic Screening or Diagnosis (PGD/PGS) done, each time you fall pregnant. If the results show that the baby carries the SS gene, then you may be advised to terminate the pregnancy. How many abortions will you commit, before you finally get a baby that is free of the SS genotype, or one that simply has an AS genotype? undecided

1 Like

Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by laudate: 2:07am On Jan 29, 2018
Harimsalim:
Well it depends on ur monetary status..,it is possible for both of you to be AS and give birth to healthy kids. Bt all those ish cost money......so go ahead if ur up for it
If you are talking about the law of independent assortment, it does NOT always work! sad A couple with the AS genotype may have kids, and none of those children may carry the SS combination, on the other hand the same couple may also have all their children turning out to be SS. It is always unpredictable!

Another alternative is IVF. After going through PGD, an embryo that does not have the SS trait is implanted into the woman. It is capital intensive, expensive and an emotionally draining procedure. Does an AS-AS couple have the time, money and patience to go down this route?

Pre-implementation Genetic Diagnosis in Nigeria: An Option for AS Genotype Couples : The Not-So-Good News

I’m a firm believer in saving up for anything you want to acquire in life, nothing is out of reach. However, this procedure is not cheap and may take many a while to afford. Before any kind of medical assistance there’s Consultation fee. To see the doctor, talk about your circumstances and medical options costs N20,000. You’ll find a list of the Bridge Clinic fees here.

Next, the PGD is paid for in Euros and cost about €9,600, (a little over 4 million naira). IVF itself cost some where a little over 900,000 naira, excluding medication. This brings the total cost to over 5 million naira. To be safe on a project, I always factor in 30% extra for unforeseen contingencies. This brings our total budget to roughly 6.5million naira.

After spending all this money, there are still risks you can’t mitigate. While women under 35 have higher chances of IVF success, an older woman’s success rate may be affected by fewer and lower quality eggs. IVF success rate for women less than 35 is 40%. This is low, but I will assume that some women taking the IVF route are doing so because of pre-existing fertility issues. (You, reading this probably do not. You are only here because of your genotype. I want to assume that your eggs, his sperm and your uterus are all fine so your chances might be higher. I’m not a doctor, it’s just probability and some common sense.)

Next, the results of the diagnosis may come in and you have no sickle-cell-free embryo. It’s not common but it is a possibility. At this point, the money is gone and there’s no baby.

Finally, PGD and IVF does not prevent complications that may arise during pregnancy or other unfortunate circumstances. So again, the money is gone and there may be no baby. https://redconfidential.com/2017/11/18/pre-implementation-genetic-diagnosis-an-option-for-as-genotype-couples-in-nigeria/
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by Harimsalim(m): 9:38am On Jan 30, 2018
Dts y i said if they have the money and re committed....love conquers all
Re: One Month To Our Wedding, I Discovered We Are Both “AS” What Should I Do? by nana228(f): 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2018
If you go ahead and eventually have SS kids, they'll hate you with every breathe they take, you'll hate life and you will regret it.

Love will mean nothing to you, except you are very very wealthy to do a bone marrow transplant abroad, not even invitro testing because it'll wear you out.

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Boundary To Sexual Practices In Marriages? / Uganda Man Married Seven Wives At The Same Time / Polygamous Family; is it very sweet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.