Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,288 members, 7,867,760 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC (21412 Views)

CBN To Implement E-Invoice For Importers, Exporters From February 1 / Lekki-ikoyi Toll Bridge To Become Cashless - Gov. Sanwoolu / LCC Has Announced Increase In Lekki, Ikoyi Toll Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 27, 2018
Toll gate is used in even some of the most advanced countries

The last time I went through the lekki area, the roads were good

Plus it is only 20naira increase. 20 naira that can longer buy a good biscuit in Nigeria

I don't see why so many nairalanders are complaining

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by deomelllo: 9:27am On Jan 27, 2018

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535356_cracks1_jpeg1d491ab30bff0af18de8dcc8ac3d8287

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535357_cracks3_jpegfe073bd3110e1c3eaf2ee3d550600d8f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535358_cracks2_jpegb7c83461acd888f4ec1780c44d5a5ddd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535359_cracks_jpeg987e4c42e7eeb9b84d212523344a882d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5536748_br_jpegc8117c630082344e94d7be0bf2d0edc6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6515274_fbimg1515257544802_jpeg7ab599e711f29cc8b8b0ec23f36d1372

Lekki Ikoyi Bridge was commissioned almost 5 years ago and it's still looking fresh, like new.

Anambra village bridge started crumbling and falling apart after just 1 year in service, even though bridges are built to last for 30 years.

Lekki Ikoyi bridge was not only well built, they are maintaining it per world-class standard, hence the reason why it's still shinning like new?

Lagos state is not a village like anambra where they build rubbish and cannot maintain anything beyond bricklayers doing patch patch.

1 Like

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:30am On Jan 27, 2018
SalamRushdie:

It's more than 250000 sef , you can actually see what number you are for the day on the tickets (If they have not removed it ) there was a day in 2016 I was pass 325,000 at about 11 pm in the night
oh really? Na wa o.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by deomelllo: 9:31am On Jan 27, 2018
greiboy:

Many clueless Nigerians want to develop like America, but they don't want to pay or sacrifice like Americans.

This is what they call penny wise, pound foolish.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 27, 2018
deomelllo:

Many clueless Nigerians want to develop like America, but they don't want to pay or sacrifice like Americans.

This is what they call penny wise, pound foolish.

Exactly, it is not like they have to pay a fortune, 100 naira and below

The toll in some countries is much higher
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by intruder15(m): 9:38am On Jan 27, 2018
tetralogyfallot:
i don't know where u got your figures from but i seriously doubt your 250000 vehicles daily movement. Is it the only road in lagos?

like u hardly pass through that axis...
his figure might be underscored sef. every time u get there, end time que. so much vehicles on one road.

just observe one day u get there walking. not In a vehicle

1 Like

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by deomelllo: 9:39am On Jan 27, 2018
deebrain:
Im just thinking aloud...

Who pays for crises within a system?

If there is a crises in fuel importation, the ordinary people pay for it.

If the road service need to be upgraded, the ordinary people pay for it.

If recession bites hard, you need to agree to work without pay or at best forfeit half of your salary.

Which one does the leadership pay for?

Their salaries and allowances continue non stop. They are personally supplied fuel. They will get salutes and twales at the supposed toll gates and get free entries...

The list is endless.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, they should just start strangling people house to house. Lets know our govt are out to kill.

See shortsighted thinking.

Do you know the reason why Lagos state is raking in huge IGR and why they are commissioning beautiful projects left and right?

It's because of money making investments like this bridge.

Money from this bridge has paid for many projects in Lagos state, paid for social services and government programs that many Lagosians are benefiting from.

Their leaders in Lagos are smart, but the ones in your village are obviously not.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by deomelllo: 9:43am On Jan 27, 2018
greiboy:
Exactly, it is not like they have to pay a fortune, 100 naira and below

The toll in some countries is much higher

Thinking about our poor maintenance culture, that bridge is still shining like new because they collect toll and are properly maintaining the bridge with what they are collecting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Blingblings(m): 9:51am On Jan 27, 2018
I don't understand why some people are insulting tinubu. Is he the owner of the toll gate? Does he pass for free? Make una enlighten me abeg
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by computer0810(m): 9:51am On Jan 27, 2018
fuckerstard:
Good, just strangle our neck instead. I wonder wetin una dey maintain there since.

I'm sure they can't wait to open the second toll at chevron.

Thieffnubu omo ale
I know u don't stay in Lagos and if u do is either u r staying in iyana ipaja or okokomaiko, don't know why u r so pained, how much is federal allocation to Lagos with dis huge population of ppl who will not stay in there state, we need to increase out IGR
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by computer0810(m): 9:53am On Jan 27, 2018
ChiefSweetus:
F.ools

Which road maintenance? Those tolls are serve only two functions:

1. Finance the pockets of lascivious fat-cats so they can fund unilag and dubai olosho experiences.

2. Cause motherfuking traffic on that axis for NO FÙCKING reason.

Ambode needs to man up in his second term and demolish dem tolls. The opportunity cost in lost productivity doesn't compare to the blood money cost of those tolls.
go back to ur village nah
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by computer0810(m): 9:55am On Jan 27, 2018
yeyerolling:
Lateef jakande built that road in the middle of a swamp there was not toll. Tinubu nd his goons (hitec/chagory) rebuilds the roads with a so called loan which would be offset with toll money. Yet pple still see thievenubu as a good man. Nigeria is doomed abeg
thank u, it is not by force oh, go back to ur village and suggest or complain to ur governor or shut d Bleep up

1 Like

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by BanevsJoker(m): 10:07am On Jan 27, 2018
QuitNotice:
Sad, but makes it a round figure tho. Who spends twenty naira these days
Dude, if you're so rich, tell them to keep the change. Don't worsen the situation for the rest of us. The Zombification continues.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by deomelllo: 10:16am On Jan 27, 2018
Blingblings:
I don't understand why some people are insulting tinubu. Is he the owner of the toll gate? Does he pass for free? Make una enlighten me abeg

Tinubu is responsible for their miserable and pathetic existence.

1 Like

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by runsgirl: 10:27am On Jan 27, 2018
Sounds funny..but how can a company that has no rights be increasing toll fares.

We acquired LCC's rights to avoid toll increase- Lagos Govt -2013
https://independent.ng/why-we-acquired-concession-rights-from-lcc-lagos-govt/

The Lagos State Government has justified the acquisition of the concession rights of the Lekki Concession Company (LCC), the concessionaire for the Eti-Osa Lekki-Epe Expressway, as an attempt to curb unwarranted increment in the tolls being collected.
But a source close to the Governor’s Office  also said on Wednesday that this decision being taken just after two years of the 30-year Build, Operate and Transfer agreement to upgrade, expand and maintain the about 50-kilometre road, was a result of heated controversy since commencement.
Besides, while presenting the request of government for approval of supplementary on Tuesday, the State Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning, Ben Akabueze, told the State Executive Council that he current concessionaire has in fact proposed another 20 per cent increase in current toll rate collected on the road.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by deomelllo: 10:43am On Jan 27, 2018
runsgirl:
Sounds funny..but how can a company that has no rights be increasing toll fares.

We acquired LCC's rights to avoid toll increase- Lagos Govt -2013

The Lagos State Government has justified the acquisition of the concession rights of the Lekki Concession Company (LCC), the concessionaire for the Eti-Osa Lekki-Epe Expressway, as an attempt to curb unwarranted increment in the tolls being collected.
But a source close to the Governor’s Office  also said on Wednesday that this decision being taken just after two years of the 30-year Build, Operate and Transfer agreement to upgrade, expand and maintain the about 50-kilometre road, was a result of heated controversy since commencement.
Besides, while presenting the request of government for approval of supplementary on Tuesday, the State Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning, Ben Akabueze, told the State Executive Council that he current concessionaire has in fact proposed another 20 per cent increase in current toll rate collected on the road.

2 different assets

2 different issues.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Man2utd(m): 10:57am On Jan 27, 2018
They need money to run for election, this people don't care a bit about u...

1 Like

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by ndcide(m): 11:06am On Jan 27, 2018
ChiefSweetus:
F.ools

Which road maintenance? Those tolls are serve only two functions:

1. Finance the pockets of lascivious fat-cats so they can fund unilag and dubai olosho experiences.

2. Cause motherfuking traffic on that axis for NO FÙCKING reason.

Ambode needs to man up in his second term and demolish dem tolls. The opportunity cost in lost productivity doesn't compare to the blood money cost of those tolls.

Are you the popular guy who lives in banana Iceland?

One yud......?

I'm just being curious.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Canme4u(m): 11:28am On Jan 27, 2018
greiboy:

Plus it is only 20naira increase. 20 naira that can longer buy a good biscuit in Nigeria

no mind those shouting up and down, most of em ain't living in Lagos and probably don't own a car.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by emmylee097: 11:40am On Jan 27, 2018
This one personally affects me..am willing to support any movement to block this move..chai this country is funny
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2018
the kind money dem dey receive from that toll gate no be here they make nothing less than #2000 - #5000 per minute wetin dem dey use the money do nothing the same xpress still dirty and swampy as always

1 Like

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^
It may seem small but it adds up. Every little bit helps.
No doubt, bro
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2018
BanevsJoker:

Dude, if you're so rich, tell them to keep the change. Don't worsen the situation for the rest of us. The Zombification continues.
Take it easy bro. My first word in my post says how I feel about it. Looking at one or two positives doesn't change the feeling.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by desire222(f): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
greiboy:

Yeah, rich man for internet only is talking ! . I don't claim what I am not, as far as I'm concern, every kobo matters in my life.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by onyokometer: 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2018
Hahaha I dey roll for Abuja,make una come collect my money for there. Ndi ala.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2018
desire222:
Yeah, rich man for internet only is talking ! . I don't claim what I am not, as far as I'm concern, every kobo matters in my life.
So "100 naira" is the definition of your own "rich"

I am sorry then, I can't help you. Since I never claimed that I am rich.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by ivandragon: 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2018
toll gates are necessary 'evils' if Nigeria needs to develop beyond mere rhetorics & deceitful propaganda.

what the hullabaloo should be is on accountability...

its time Nigerians understand what is realistic & what is not...
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by desire222(f): 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2018
greiboy:
So "100 naira" is the definition of your own "rich"

I am sorry then, I can't help you. Since I never claimed that I am rich.
Hahahahahaha help me ke ? When my life is 100% better than yours !
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2018
If u dey stay mile 2, this post no concern you.
Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2018
Are you speaking as a BMC?
greiboy:

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2018
Is that first pic where light is flashing at night third mainland bridge?It is not as beautiful as this in the morning.
deomelllo:

Lekki Ikoyi Bridge was commissioned almost 5 years ago and it's still looking fresh, like new.

Anambra village bridge started crumbling and falling apart after just 1 year in service, even though bridges are built to last for 30 years.

Lekki Ikoyi bridge was not only well built, they are maintaining it per world-class standard, hence the reason why it's still shinning like new?

Lagos state is not a village like anambra where they build rubbish and cannot maintain anything beyond bricklayers doing patch patch.

Re: Lekki And Ikoyi Toll Fares To Increase February 1– LCC by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NNPC Cuts Oil Prices To Woo Buyers- The Punch / Former MD Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud / 41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.