Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. (5894 Views)

What I Will Do If I’m Attacked Abroad – Amaechi / Tinubu Says Umaru Musa Yaradua Came Into Power In 2003 At Ogun APC Rally / Don Wani Was Wike's Point Man, He Climbed On Dead Bodies Into Power – Rivers APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 11:49pm On Jan 26, 2018

1. Power Generation.

In 2010, when Mr Jonathan was sworn in as substantive president after the death of his former boss, Umaru Yar’Adua, power generation in Nigeria was 3,000 mega watts. On Friday, when he was handing over to his successor, power generation had dropped to less than 2000 mega watts.

The need to prioritise power generation and availability to Nigerians was acknowledged by Mr Jonathan early in his administration. In 2011, while seeking support to be elected president after leading the country for one year following the death of Mr. Yar’Adua, the ex-president declared to diplomats at the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, UNECA, and the African Union, AU, in Addis-Ababa that:

“If I’m voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make a significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything.”

Power across Nigeria is at an all time low with Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory, having just 5 megawatts.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/184088-10-ways-jonathan-failed-nigerians.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by CoolFreeday(m): 11:52pm On Jan 26, 2018
Thank God for PMB, I now sleep and wake up with light

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2018
In 2010, when Mr Jonathan was sworn in as substantive president after the death of his former boss, Umaru Yar’Adua, power generation in Nigeria was 3,000 mega watts. On Friday, when he was handing over to his successor, power generation had dropped to less than 2000 mega watts.

He met 3,000MW power generation in 2010

Power generation dropped to less than 2,000MW on the very day he left office.

Even though he earned from oil more than any president or leader in the history of Nigeria

He also inherited huge ECA and foreign reserves

By the time he relinquished power in 2015, he was borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salary.

The wasted years and looted wealth.

How sad..

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by GavelSlam: 12:00am On Jan 27, 2018
CoolFreeday:

Wait for that guy that always claims he's not had power for 5 days to show up.

Won't be long now.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 12:10am On Jan 27, 2018
5. Crude oil theft

During the Jonathan administration, pirates and crude oil thieves were lords. Pirates surrounded the Nigerian water ways like water hyacinth stealing crude from the country’s pipelines with little or no hindrance. The ill-equipped and poorly trained navy proved to be grossly incapable of arresting the situation.

Instead of training and adequately equipping the navy and other security agencies to protect the country’s source of wealth, the task of pipeline protection was handed to militias in the Niger Delta and elsewhere for several billions of naira annually. Yet, instead of the theft of oil to decrease it remained a major drain of resources. According to the Chief of Naval Staff, Usman Jibrin, the country lost crude valued more than N1.18 billion daily to oil thieves (N433.62 billion annually).

Imagine the president and leader of a sovereign Nation handing over National security and his country's waterways to terrorists and militants instead of the Nigerian NAVY.

The damage GEJ inflicted on Nigeria is immeasurable and will take years and even decades to undo.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by CoolFreeday(m): 12:16am On Jan 27, 2018
GavelSlam:

Wait for that guy that always claims he's not had power for 5 days to show up.

Won't be long now.

lol... I doubt that.
Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 27, 2018
Still blaming GEJ in 2018 grin grin grin No wonder they have failed in all aspect.

When will Buhari ever claim responsibility for his failures?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by phenol33(m): 12:20am On Jan 27, 2018
don't worry GEJ we have seen the much u can bleed for this country. u have played ur part in under-developing this country. thank u very much!!!

2 Likes

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by Megatone(m): 12:20am On Jan 27, 2018
deomelllo:

Imagine the president and leader of a sovereign Nation handing over National security and his country's waterways to terrorists and militants instead of the Nigerian NAVY.

The damage GEJ inflicted on Nigeria is immeasurable and will take years and even decades to undo.

And the blame game continues....

So if i may ask, why did we now vote for change?

How has this government improved the lives of its citizens?

How was living condition from 2011 - 2015 compared to 2015 - 2018?

Please kindly explain the rising cost of food items, fuel, exchange rate?

17 Likes

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by ipobarecriminals: 12:27am On Jan 27, 2018
May we not see the la clueless one govt again..My gen is on sabbatical leave since..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 12:38am On Jan 27, 2018
Megatone:

So, you expect your exchange rate to remain the same, even after depleting your foreign reserves and bank accounts?

How do you import food, raw materials and grow your economy after depleting your foreign reserves?

Your questions are sad reflections of your own ignorance and inability to connect what according to you Nigerians are going through today with what happened yesterday.

You spent all your money for 16 years without thinking about tomorrow, but you want somebody to wave the magic wand tomorrow for you to be eating chicken, turkey and drinking Fanta all day.

Sadly for you, your questions and whatever Nigeria is going through right now doesn't alter Nigeria's history under GEJ.

This is about history so if you feel like arguing or spewing irrelevant rubbish, start a new thread and debate your questions to your heart's desire.

Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 12:46am On Jan 27, 2018
Economy

Mr. Jonathan could not sustain the modest economic growth recorded by his government initially. He could not save for the rainy day when the price of crude oil reached very high levels; subsequently depleting Nigeria’s foreign reserves and incurring a huge debt profile as soon as there was a dip in the price of crude in the international market.

Mr Jonathan inherited as much as $60 billion in foreign reserve but plundered it to as low as $40 billion in five years.

As at June 2014, the country’s external debt rose by 40 per cent to $9.377 billion and a domestic debt of $47.653 billion.

Though inflation was kept at a single digit, it was a faux strength as companies struggled to survive and the country continually ranked poorly in the ease of doing business index by the World Bank.

Despite his promises, again he could not revive the manufacturing sector. Companies complained of incurring huge cost due to their reliance on diesel. The textile industry remained moribund. Poverty remained widespread and youth employment was at an all time high.
Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by emorse(m): 12:51am On Jan 27, 2018
Megatone:

Indeed the blame game will continue till at least the end of this year when we will begin appraisal on Buhari's tenure.

Don't you get? Jonathan's ineptitude is responsible for the plunge in our living conditions. Buhari (whose appraisal is about to begin) was voted in to fix that. In a short while, he will have to give account of his "stewardship" for all to see. Then we will decide whether to keep him for one more term or kick his ass back to his village as we did to Jona. Gerrit?
Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by olawaletimi(m): 12:54am On Jan 27, 2018
CoolFreeday:
what part of Nigeria do you reside?

1 Like

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 1:19am On Jan 27, 2018
It took decades to destroy Nigeria and 16 years of PDP looting, stealing, corruption and incompetence, but they want El Dorado and Utopia in less than 3 years with low oil price, depleted treasury and the economy that was never diversified by past governments.

If you are going to demand anything from PMB-

Give PMB the same 16 years you gave PDP.

Give PMB the same huge foreign reserves you have the PDP and Jonathan

Give PMB the huge excess crude account funds you gave GEJ and the PDP.

Give PMB the same $20 billion power funds you gave the PDP.

Give PMB the same over $100/barrel oil price Jonathan enjoyed and did nothing with.

Until you are able to give all that to PMB, you have zero moral rights to demand anything or to compare.

7 Likes

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by Megatone(m): 8:28am On Jan 27, 2018
deomelllo:

It took decades to destroy Nigeria and 16 years of PDP looting, stealing, corruption and incompetence, but they want El Dorado and Utopia in less than 3 years with low oil price, depleted treasury and the economy that was never diversified by past governments.

Give PMB the same over $100/barrel oil price Jonathan enjoyed and did nothing with.

Until you are able to give all that to PMB, you have zero moral rights to demand anything or to compare.

Working really hard to justify your pay....

I know say na BMC crew thread b dis...

Anyway end of month don reach at least u can now afford breakfast and data to spew trash....

4 Likes

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 8:31am On Jan 27, 2018
[s]
Megatone:

Working really hard to justify your pay....

I know say na BMC crew thread b dis...

Anyway end of month don reach at least u can now afford breakfast and data to spew trash....
[/s]

Ignorant and unintelligent Igbos with nothing sane and rational to talk about bore me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by Megatone(m): 8:35am On Jan 27, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

Ignorant and unintelligent Igbos with nothing sane and rational to talk about bore me.

Atleast its better than being a fulani slave.....

BTW try and patch ur brain its already leaking oil....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by CoolFreeday(m): 8:37am On Jan 27, 2018
olawaletimi:
what part of Nigeria do you reside?

middle belt sir.

3 Likes

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by yaki84: 8:43am On Jan 27, 2018
deomelllo:

is pdp a name of aperson?
Imagine someone who is educated spewing this shit, in this shith0le

3 Likes

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by madridguy(m): 8:48am On Jan 27, 2018
Following....
Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 8:53am On Jan 27, 2018
[s]
Megatone:

Atleast its better than being a fulani slave.....

BTW try and patch ur brain its already leaking oil....
[/s]

Your life really should be more than bigotry, idiocy, lack of basic intelligence and social skills.

1 Like

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 8:55am On Jan 27, 2018
[s]
yaki84:

is pdp a name of aperson?
Imagine someone who is educated spewing this shit, in this shith0le
[/s]

This intelligent discussion is obviously above elementary and low-grade intellect people like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by Megatone(m): 9:15am On Jan 27, 2018
deomelllo:
[s][/s]

Your life really should be more than bigotry, idiocy, lack of basic intelligence and social skills.

U spew trash and u call it social skills....

Ur parents deserve a refund for the money dey spent for ur school fees....

An empty skull becomes a burden to the neck

4 Likes

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by olawaletimi(m): 9:33am On Jan 27, 2018
CoolFreeday:

middle belt sir.
I See.
Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 9:47am On Jan 27, 2018
[s]
Megatone:

U spew trash and u call it social skills....

Ur parents deserve a refund for the money dey spent for ur school fees....

An empty skull becomes a burden to the neck
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by Cannonleo(m): 9:52am On Jan 27, 2018
deomelllo:

Look Mr man , you can go all and all and rant as much as you want in justification of your pay or conviction whatever.

However you made a statement that struck a cord when you asked how security of waterways was given to so called militants than the Nigerian navy.
let me school you a little .
the NN has a lot of deficiencies in patrolling it exclusive economic zone. EEZ. That is why NIMASA was created, to help solve that issue, to ensure that internal waterways are safe while the navy performs it's major duty of securing the greater naval integrity of the nation since we do not have a coast guard.
FYI, before you start measuring tompolo cos I know where your heading to, several security agencies before and now are contracted by NIMASA and sanctioned by the NAVY( note this word), with the NAVY building up it's moribund assets yes from the time of GEJ, they still have very little capacity to cover all strategic inland systems but they always keep a sharp eye for this SEC agencies. The vessel may be private but they know where they are, and what they do.

In your own view they are militants, but you've forgotten that part of the amnesty agreement was integration into major apparatus after adequate training. This are guys that have been using propeller chains to cut out boats of the Army Amphibious teams in the ND, tackling them like mad, and making operation pulo shield a hell before the implementation.
they know the creeks and are trainned to do their job.

Were they approved, yes
are they regulated , yes
was there a need for them, yes.
as far the police still hasn't gone deep in waterway policing and we don't have a Standing coast guard they will continue to exist , why don't you check under your messiah and see how many more are operational.

If you want to make noise, do so with things you know the nitty gritty of.

Gracias Amigo

4 Likes

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by deomelllo: 10:10am On Jan 27, 2018
Cannonleo:
Look Mr man , you can go all and all and rant as much as you want in justification of your pay or conviction whatever.

However you made a statement that struck a cord when you asked how security of waterways was given to so called militants than the Nigerian navy.
let me school you a little .
the NN has a lot of deficiencies in patrolling it exclusive economic zone. EEZ. That is why NIMASA was created, to help solve that issue, to ensure that internal waterways are safe while the navy performs it's major duty of securing the greater naval integrity of the nation since we do not have a coast guard.
FYI, before you start measuring tompolo cos I know where your heading to, several security agencies before and now are contracted by NIMASA and sanctioned by the NAVY( note this word), with the NAVY building up it's moribund assets yes from the time of GEJ, they still have very little capacity to cover all strategic inland systems but they always keep a sharp eye for this SEC agencies. The vessel may be private but they know where they are, and what they do.

In your own view they are militants, but you've forgotten that part of the amnesty agreement was integration into major apparatus after adequate training. This are guys that have been using propeller chains to cut out boats of the Army Amphibious teams in the ND, tackling them like mad, and making operation pulo shield a hell before the implementation.
they know the creeks and are trainned to do their job.

Were they approved, yes
are they regulated , yes
was there a need for them, yes.
as far the police still hasn't gone deep in waterway policing and we don't have a Standing coast guard they will continue to exist , why don't you check under your messiah and see how many more are operational.

If you want to make noise, do so with things you know the nitty gritty of.

Gracias Amigo

Nigerian Navy is a FG institution and if there are any deficiencies, it's the FG's job to fix the deficiencies.

You don't hand over your National security assets and obligations to rag tag terrorists and militants? Who does that?

If the Navy was bad, why not spend the billions they gave to terrorists on the Nigerian Navy to make it better instead?

Our so-called leaders of tomorrow are even worse than leaders of today...smh

I responded to your insane nonsense against my best judgement.

1 Like

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by Cannonleo(m): 11:48am On Jan 27, 2018
deomelllo:

Nigerian Navy is a FG institution and if there are any deficiencies, it's the FG's job to fix the deficiencies.

You don't hand over your National security assets and obligations to rag tag terrorists and militants? Who does that?

If the Navy was bad, why not spend the billions they gave to terrorists on the Nigerian Navy to make it better instead?

Our so-called leaders of tomorrow are even worse than leaders of today...smh

I responded to your insane nonsense against my best judgement.

Mr man it is obvious you only focused on the negatives to suit your narratives.

The first stage to solve a problem is to admit the existence of one.
this rule i applied here and your ranting beyond tesla level.

It is an FG institutions but yet due to the insecurity of the political class(early 2000s) and IBB CUM Abacha paranoia of a strong armed forces the whole military apparatus of the military was allowed to fail anf founder.

We had only one functional Frigate NNS Aradu since the 1980 till yes Gej came on board now we can start from NNS pathfinder down to NNS Unity that is just to acquire blue water capacity that we lost, minus the ND which still is vast beyond measure. how many water ways do you know about, do yoi think the NAVY can deal with piracy et al alone or oil coys contract then always to provide security for them , capacity that has been killed for decades is being built although NN has been a bit silent under this admin With the "billions'

Rag tag terrorist and militants you call them lmao
check the tenants of the amnesty agreement and the job of NIMASA. As the defacto coast guard of Nigeria .
check the list of private security outfits. This rag tags are trainned and have been retrainned on a platform they have been at all their life.

I always advocate that regardless of our stupid affiliations to politics when it comes to security fling the bullcrap out the window and say things the way it is.
afterall the Texas-mexico border is still one of the most porous despite all the immigration policing in the US.

As for leaders of tomorrow, you supporting an underground retarded mistake of a leader with no relevant course of action and a pure injection fleet of lies to add to that. What are you then a leader of yesterday.

I have made my point , you have made yours kapish.

Enjoy your day
Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by Throwback: 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
deomelllo:

He met 3,000MW power generation in 2010

Power generation dropped to less than 2,000MW on the very day he left office.

Even though he earned from oil more than any president or leader in the history of Nigeria

He also inherited huge ECA and foreign reserves

By the time he relinquished power in 2015, he was borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salary.

The wasted years and looted wealth.

How sad..

Very true!

However, Buhari is as useless as Jonathan. He has even recently lamented about the dilapidated refineries as if he too did not make a promise to fix them.

He must also return to his village like his predecessor.

1 Like

Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by Sirjamo: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2018
Grinch:
Still blaming GEJ in 2018 grin grin grin No wonder they have failed in all aspect.

When will Buhari ever claim responsibility for his failures?
When will you ever agree that GEJ is the worst President ever?
Re: If I’m Voted Into Power, Within The Next Four Years, GEJ. Premium Times. by Sirjamo: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2018
deomelllo:

Gbam, I posted something similar months ago on this forum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu, Buhari, Atiku, Candidates Who Have Boycotted Presidential Debates / After Massive Kano APC Rally , Kingsley Moghalu Drops Bombshell On Obidients / Corruption In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.