Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 (29616 Views)

4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 / Work-From-Home Jobs You Can Start In 2018 / 16 Businesses To Start In Nigeria With N50,000 Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
I have only one business in mind and I must do it after I graduate.
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Doerstech(m): 4:46pm On Jan 28, 2018
Whatever business one finally decides to do.....don't forget to get an online presence for it......

Be you a freelance

A great personal brand

Owing a fashion, hair, car wash/mechanics worship, restaurant etc. whatever business you choose to venture in. please build a website for it....

One that's optimized to reach your target audience
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Worldbest281: 4:50pm On Jan 28, 2018
Mobsync:
I don't think mini importation is as profitable as it used to be. If anything, it even requires substantial capital. Gone were the days when people started mini importation with just 10,000 naira.

Blogging and affiliate marketing are good. In fact, they go hand in hand. While one can do one without the other, affiliate marketing remains a good source of income for a blogger. If you want to make enough money [and not peanuts] from blogging, you need to spend considerable time, effort and money on your blog. If I were to advise a new blogger, I will tell them three things:

1. Don't do copy and paste.

2. Stay away from the entertainment/gossip niche [and maybe, technology and health]. They're saturated already especially that entertainment/gossip niche.

3. Think of your blog as a business and treat it as one.

Lastly, freelancing is a good way to make considerable income online. But you need to be smart and think outside the box. Don't be that freelancer that'll get stuck on looking for $5 jobs on Fiverr.

BTW, Op, you mentioned four and not five.
please how can I start freelancing
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Worldbest281: 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
ugojibaby:
If you’re still skeptical about the reliability of online businesses, you need to wake up from your illusion. While the nation slid into a quagmire of unemployment as more people were laid off by companies, earning money online became the succor of many Nigerians

Before we proceed to identifying the types of online businesses that will be lucrative this year, you may want to read the testimonials of nairalanders who succeeded in online businesses.

This nairalander bought her first car from freelancing and moved on to achieve great things for herself. Read her story here: www.nairaland.com/2479987/story-how-bought-car-income

This other nairalander built a house for himself and also bought his first car from an online business! Read his story

here: www.nairaland.com/3224561/how-bought-car-built-house

The most recent testimonial came from this nairalander who achieved financial freedom for himself via mini-importation. Read his inspiring story here: www.nairaland.com/4276191/nairalanders-advice-helped-physically-challenged You will remember that I emphasized these businesses a lot last year. And, if there’s one thing you can guess, it’s that, for every single nairalander who share his/her success story, there are at least 10 others who have equally become successful.

Now that you’re convinced that online businesses are viable, let’s take a brief look at the businesses that will be successful in 2018.

1.. Mini-importation:

Mini importation has transformed many job seekers into entrepreneurs. Even those with jobs are in the business because it’s not time consuming. You can order and import goods right from the comfort of your home on your internet-enabled device. All you need do is look for items that are needed in the local market and import them from China. If you like this business, you can anticipate my post on how you can start the business.

2. Blogging:

While many believe that blogging is a saturated business, it’s really not! Blogging remains a lucrative business as you can earn from adsense, adverts, affiliate marketing and things you sell on your blog. The problem with blogging in Nigeria is that everyone is trying to succeed in crowded niches such as entertainment/celebrity niche. There are other niches with few bloggers which you can delve into. We will discuss this in details in my subsequent posts.

3. Freelancing:

This list cannot be complete without freelancing. Many nairalanders are into freelancing and are making it big time! What is the secret of succeeding in freelancing? You need to have a skill. But to earn money online in 2018, you need to learn new skills aside writing because the supply is greater than population, thereby making competition difficult. Once you have skills that are in demand, you will start earning steady income online. If you don’t have any idea about skills that are most lucrative, you need to watch out for my post where I will make a detailed list about them.

4. Affiliate marketing:

In affiliate marketing, you earn commissions by referring people to buy certain products. You can be an affiliate marketer with several companies. In Nigeria, you can become an affiliate marketer with Jumia and Konga or you can turn to Amazon and ClickBank if you want to deal with international e-commerce websites. Affiliate marketing is a lucrative online business, but like every other business, you need to first learn about it. I will do my best to provide as much information as you need to successfully begin in my future posts.

Read More http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/01/5-sure-lucrative-online-businesses-you.html
please how can one start freelancing
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Cleantin(m): 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
Nice post I'm interested in affiliate
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by SheyiRealtor(m): 5:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
thesicilian:
Can you do mini importation without a laptop?

Yes
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by segsman(m): 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
Please how can one start this mini importation business
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by iykepromotions: 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2018
Domain Flipping. yea buying a domain name for less than $9, go elsewhere and resell higher. for example I sold my first domain for $550 USD with an investment of $9. for more details, do more google search or visit this awareness thread @ www.Nairaland.Com/34300-
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Emmahunk(m): 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2018
Thanks for sharing these tips. I have honestly continued to wonder how one can make money from freelancing. My posts often make fp on some blogs with over 50k views most of the time. I wonder if there's no way I can make some money from such articles.
Now to another serious issue. Please how do I go about blogging? I have this idea that is totally different from entertainment, celebrity and the normal issues but I really do not have an idea about how to proceed.
Forgive my ignorance please, online stuff is really new to my generation.
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Misscaring(f): 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
I got interest in mini importation and affiliation. How do I go about it?
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by bizhop01: 5:28pm On Jan 28, 2018
What make this post different?
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by sircrabo: 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
elshanAutos:
Start a sneaker biz with less than 20k. Bulk order only (10 pieces and above at 1,800 naira only per piece) all new sneakers, available in many sizes & colors. Good biz opportunity for students and those with low capital.
Call/Whatsapp- ‭0 9 0 3 0 9 9 8 5 0 7 for more details & inquiries.

are the sneakers for both male and female? where do you have your shop/warehouse? do you have sizes 43 and 44 for Men?
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by ojasweb(m): 5:35pm On Jan 28, 2018
I guess it's for the sake of refreshing the brain and enlightening the newbiews.
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Divay22(f): 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
elshanAutos:
Start a sneaker biz with less than 20k. Bulk order only (10 pieces and above at 1,800 naira only per piece) all new sneakers, available in many sizes & colors. Good biz opportunity for students and those with low capital.
Call/Whatsapp- ‭0 9 0 3 0 9 9 8 5 0 7 for more details & inquiries.
Wow
The sneakers are beautiful
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by emmdam(m): 5:45pm On Jan 28, 2018
Upwork Profile Not Approved After Multiple Attempts? I Can Help to Set Up an Approved Profile for Any Category and Skills Within 24 Hours.

To get started, kindly message me via emmdamlaw @ g m a i l . c o m OR

W h a t s a p p > > > +2 3 4 7 0 3 8 4 0 7 0 4 2

Don’t miss out on this golden opportunity that can change your story of struggle to a success story for lifetime!

And if you want that massive income from premium clients, Act now!

You are required to p a y the service f e e which is available in my signature and non-negotiable after you receive a confirmation email of profile approval from Upwork in order to claim the full ownership of your Upwork account.

Service Bonus: Prompt response to FREE mentorship

TOS apply

#SayNoToUnemploymentWithTheSkillsYouHaveGotToOffer

#BePartOfUpworkSuccessStories
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:54pm On Jan 28, 2018
SELL SELL SELL and make money!
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by 360command: 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
JideTheBlogger:
wow, just like that!!!
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by madgoat(m): 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
deekseen:
This ugojibaby is either importexport or his student. Same style of writing (even though Mr Bello has grammatical/spelling errors all over his posts), same marketing strategy (many Nairalanders think this is how he fishes for preys), same interest (I wonder if it's going to be Affiliate Jagajaga this time).

What beats me is how these posts get to front page despite people's cries. Is Larry Izamoje no more on Nairaland?
Exactly bro... Spot on. It beats me how this kinda useless false posts get to to front page. This kind of posts are just hyped posts fishing for vulnerable people.

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Salex007(m): 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2018
pls any one from Aba or Onitsha ? want to start selling wears and I heard that it is cheap over the....
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Estellar: 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2018
ItchingPreek:
Churching!! Saw a dude with seven member at iyana ipaja(mashalashi junction)...all that remains now is a loud speaker.... Dude will blow. He speaks good English tho
grin grin
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Teekrayne(m): 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
Jcob:
You can also teach courses online and get paid. Check www.tregeolearn.com to teach online.

Hey bro! How real is this?
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by TourismMan(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2018
Another MMM in disguise right? God go punish all of una.
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Chykes403: 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ladykayz:
Nice points.. i'm interested in the importation biz.pls how do i start? By the way guys, there is this online biz you should check out you can make a fortune with it. No limits to your earnings. Wattsapp me on 08067254874, ill be showing you how u can make 4000naira daily/weekly/monthly without stress using your mobile phone. Pls note this is not a ponzi scheme.

If i discover dat its a scam nko
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by akaahs(m): 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2018
Jubril4194:
Importation from China still the best. Profitable to say
bro pls can u show me how its work?
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Jonah507(m): 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2018
Bro hint me on Mini importation. 07066650047 WhatsApp me or jonahreuben8@gmail.com
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:17pm On Jan 28, 2018
condralbedez:
Plz elaborate more on the freelancing op. Or pls attach a link to it. Thanks

Cleantin:
Nice post
I'm interested in affiliate

Worldbest281:

please how can one start freelancing

http://www.infoguideafrica.com/2017/09/freelancing-become-your-boss-with-your.html - Read this and thank me later smiley
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
JideTheBlogger:

We respect you sir! smiley
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by condralbedez: 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2018
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2018
how can someone venture,intto,mini,inportation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? / Aliko Dangote Builds N1.2bn Business School In Bayero University Kano / Scammed By A Nigerian Friend In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.