Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 (29617 Views)

4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018 / Work-From-Home Jobs You Can Start In 2018 / 16 Businesses To Start In Nigeria With N50,000 Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by ugojibaby: 9:10am On Jan 27, 2018
If you’re still skeptical about the reliability of online businesses, you need to wake up from your illusion. While the nation slid into a quagmire of unemployment as more people were laid off by companies, earning money online became the succor of many Nigerians

Before we proceed to identifying the types of online businesses that will be lucrative this year, you may want to read the testimonials of nairalanders who succeeded in online businesses.

This nairalander bought her first car from freelancing and moved on to achieve great things for herself. Read her story here: www.nairaland.com/2479987/story-how-bought-car-income

This other nairalander built a house for himself and also bought his first car from an online business! Read his story

here: www.nairaland.com/3224561/how-bought-car-built-house

The most recent testimonial came from this nairalander who achieved financial freedom for himself via mini-importation. Read his inspiring story here: www.nairaland.com/4276191/nairalanders-advice-helped-physically-challenged You will remember that I emphasized these businesses a lot last year. And, if there’s one thing you can guess, it’s that, for every single nairalander who share his/her success story, there are at least 10 others who have equally become successful.

Now that you’re convinced that online businesses are viable, let’s take a brief look at the businesses that will be successful in 2018.

1.. Mini-importation:

Mini importation has transformed many job seekers into entrepreneurs. Even those with jobs are in the business because it’s not time consuming. You can order and import goods right from the comfort of your home on your internet-enabled device. All you need do is look for items that are needed in the local market and import them from China. If you like this business, you can anticipate my post on how you can start the business.

2. Blogging:

While many believe that blogging is a saturated business, it’s really not! Blogging remains a lucrative business as you can earn from adsense, adverts, affiliate marketing and things you sell on your blog. The problem with blogging in Nigeria is that everyone is trying to succeed in crowded niches such as entertainment/celebrity niche. There are other niches with few bloggers which you can delve into. We will discuss this in details in my subsequent posts.

3. Freelancing:

This list cannot be complete without freelancing. Many nairalanders are into freelancing and are making it big time! What is the secret of succeeding in freelancing? You need to have a skill. But to earn money online in 2018, you need to learn new skills aside writing because the supply is greater than population, thereby making competition difficult. Once you have skills that are in demand, you will start earning steady income online. If you don’t have any idea about skills that are most lucrative, you need to watch out for my post where I will make a detailed list about them.

4. Affiliate marketing:

In affiliate marketing, you earn commissions by referring people to buy certain products. You can be an affiliate marketer with several companies. In Nigeria, you can become an affiliate marketer with Jumia and Konga or you can turn to Amazon and ClickBank if you want to deal with international e-commerce websites. Affiliate marketing is a lucrative online business, but like every other business, you need to first learn about it. I will do my best to provide as much information as you need to successfully begin in my future posts.

Read More http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/01/5-sure-lucrative-online-businesses-you.html

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by BTT(m): 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
This LAND...

4 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by COdeGenesis: 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
It's still the same recycled shit again.......

48 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by ItchingPreek(m): 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
Churching!! Saw a dude with seven member at iyana ipaja(mashalashi junction)...all that remains now is a loud speaker.... Dude will blow. He speaks good English tho

11 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by alasco1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
Yeah....
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Jcob(m): 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
You can also teach courses online and get paid. Check www.tregeolearn.com to teach online.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
Cool
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by tycoon3(m): 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
same as what we saw days before.....yet no changes
BUHARIIIIII cool cool cool

8 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by NigelCundy: 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
You can be an affiliate for deyonline.ng It's a really good opportunity
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by thesicilian: 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
Can you do mini importation without a laptop?

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by rawpadgin(m): 4:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
U forgot to add where prospective entrepreneurers can acquire loans to start these businesses

Abi person nor need money to start them?

11 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by lifestyle1(m): 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Jubril4194: 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
Importation from China still the best. Profitable to say

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by NwaNimo1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
6)419
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Nickibeauty(f): 4:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
can you talk more about mini importation

3 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by condralbedez: 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2018
Plz elaborate more on the freelancing op. Or pls attach a link to it. Thanks
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Britishcoins(m): 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ponzi is still the best online business I have ever believed to exist.
I can't believe I will make 700k within a month through ponzi...

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by honestivo(m): 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2018
pls how can I import used cloth
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Elslim: 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2018
who can simplify this affiliate marketing for us now
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
I would really love to know about mini importation.
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by amazingraze: 4:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by petitejolie(f): 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2018
ugojibaby:
If you’re still skeptical about the reliability of online businesses, you need to wake up from your illusion. While the nation slid into a quagmire of unemployment as more people were laid off by companies, earning money online became the succor of many Nigerians

Before we proceed to identifying the types of online businesses that will be lucrative this year, you may want to read the testimonials of nairalanders who succeeded in online businesses.

This nairalander bought her first car from freelancing and moved on to achieve great things for herself. Read her story here: www.nairaland.com/2479987/story-how-bought-car-income

This other nairalander built a house for himself and also bought his first car from an online business! Read his story

here: www.nairaland.com/3224561/how-bought-car-built-house

The most recent testimonial came from this nairalander who achieved financial freedom for himself via mini-importation. Read his inspiring story here: www.nairaland.com/4276191/nairalanders-advice-helped-physically-challenged You will remember that I emphasized these businesses a lot last year. And, if there’s one thing you can guess, it’s that, for every single nairalander who share his/her success story, there are at least 10 others who have equally become successful.

Now that you’re convinced that online businesses are viable, let’s take a brief look at the businesses that will be successful in 2018.

1.. Mini-importation:

Mini importation has transformed many job seekers into entrepreneurs. Even those with jobs are in the business because it’s not time consuming. You can order and import goods right from the comfort of your home on your internet-enabled device. All you need do is look for items that are needed in the local market and import them from China. If you like this business, you can anticipate my post on how you can start the business.

2. Blogging:

While many believe that blogging is a saturated business, it’s really not! Blogging remains a lucrative business as you can earn from adsense, adverts, affiliate marketing and things you sell on your blog. The problem with blogging in Nigeria is that everyone is trying to succeed in crowded niches such as entertainment/celebrity niche. There are other niches with few bloggers which you can delve into. We will discuss this in details in my subsequent posts.

3. Freelancing:

This list cannot be complete without freelancing. Many nairalanders are into freelancing and are making it big time! What is the secret of succeeding in freelancing? You need to have a skill. But to earn money online in 2018, you need to learn new skills aside writing because the supply is greater than population, thereby making competition difficult. Once you have skills that are in demand, you will start earning steady income online. If you don’t have any idea about skills that are most lucrative, you need to watch out for my post where I will make a detailed list about them.

4. Affiliate marketing:

In affiliate marketing, you earn commissions by referring people to buy certain products. You can be an affiliate marketer with several companies. In Nigeria, you can become an affiliate marketer with Jumia and Konga or you can turn to Amazon and ClickBank if you want to deal with international e-commerce websites. Affiliate marketing is a lucrative online business, but like every other business, you need to first learn about it. I will do my best to provide as much information as you need to successfully begin in my future posts.

Read More http://www.nigeriaonlinebusiness.com/2018/01/5-sure-lucrative-online-businesses-you.html
mini importation and affiliate marketing pls
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Mobsync(m): 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
I don't think mini importation is as profitable as it used to be. If anything, it even requires substantial capital. Gone were the days when people started mini importation with just 10,000 naira.

Blogging and affiliate marketing are good. In fact, they go hand in hand. While one can do one without the other, affiliate marketing remains a good source of income for a blogger. If you want to make enough money [and not peanuts] from blogging, you need to spend considerable time, effort and money on your blog. If I were to advise a new blogger, I will tell them three things:

1. Don't do copy and paste.

2. Stay away from the entertainment/gossip niche [and maybe, technology and health]. They're saturated already especially that entertainment/gossip niche.

3. Think of your blog as a business and treat it as one.

Lastly, freelancing is a good way to make considerable income online. But you need to be smart and think outside the box. Don't be that freelancer that'll get stuck on looking for $5 jobs on Fiverr.

BTW, Op, you mentioned four and not five.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2018
smiley

Nice one op.

But, is it a must to have laptop before you can venture into online biz?
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by elshanAutos: 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
Start a sneaker biz with less than 20k. Bulk order only (10 pieces and above at 1,800 naira only per piece) all new sneakers, available in many sizes & colors. Good biz opportunity for students and those with low capital.
Call/Whatsapp- ‭0 9 0 3 0 9 9 8 5 0 7 for more details & inquiries.
https://www.nairaland.com/4316321/start-sneakers-biz-low-20k

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Krafty006: 4:36pm On Jan 28, 2018
ideas can take you places......interested in handmade shoe biz , holla holla 08181663616......https://www.nairaland.com/4250383/footwear-business
Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by deekseen(m): 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
This ugojibaby is either importexport or his student. Same style of writing (even though Mr Bello has grammatical/spelling errors all over his posts), same marketing strategy (many Nairalanders think this is how he fishes for preys), same interest (I wonder if it's going to be Affiliate Jagajaga this time).

What beats me is how these posts get to front page despite people's cries. Is Larry Izamoje no more on Nairaland?

5 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Lucrative Online Businesses You Can Start In 2018 by Doerstech(m): 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
Lovely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Builds N1.2bn Business School In Bayero University Kano / Robert Kiyosaki: His 'Rich Dad' Does 'Not Exist'? / Forex Brokers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.