Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. (1510 Views)

Tingo Group (Dozy Mmobuosi) Is A Fraudulent Enterprise / I Just Noticed A Fraudulent POS Withdrawal On My Account / Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by lordtriplee(m): 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
I am so angry right now.

Before proceeding to create this topic, I searched on Nairaland to see if anyone had written on this topic -- no one till the time of writing this.

Undoubtedly, GT Bank has the largest customer base in Lagos for millenials like myself. All my siblings but one uses GT Bank as their primary account. I happen to be a heavy user of the mobile banking products including GTB. On certain months, my sms alerts exceed 3000 Naira. I was excited with the 737 product by GTB. Moreso, the GT coins was even better. This meant I was rewarded for my heavy usage.

Around Q4 of 2017 I noticed the rewards for using 737 in form of GT coins. In December, I had more than 50 737 transactions - account transfers and airtime purchase. Towards the end of December, I logged in to my internet banking profile on PC(i rarely do so)

I checked my GT coins to see what I had and behold it was 80! After how many transactions? I felt something was not right. I used 737 to load airtime which should give me more GT coins. Nope, it was stuck at 80. I contacted their customer care; was told they will report the case. No one got back to me on this.

Fast forward to January 2018, my GT coins is stuck at 140! In a few days, it is RESET to 0 as a new month begins.

It is advisable to not promise what you can't give.

I don't know anyone that has successfully received 200 GT coins and gotten the 1000 airtime! I am not even talking about the iPhone X they claim you could win.

Moving forward, I will use the Android app for my transactions and stop dashing Gtb my 20 Naira.

Fraudulent Bank.

1 Like

Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by dingbang(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
Please come and open account with first bank biko.. No time.
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by polimaf(m): 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2018
I just checked mine and got just 50.. Lols!! it seems they do reset it weekly or daily. one need to read their T&C before calling them fraud
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by BlackMbakara1(m): 12:46pm On Jan 27, 2018
My broda there are rules to follow so as to benefit...

1. You should not use another ATM machine within that period else you lose your coins.

2. Must use your coin within a month.

I also lost mine...noticed it immediately when my broda used my card to withdraw from another ATM machine that is not GTB.

1 Like

Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by Greatzeus(m): 6:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
lordtriplee:
I am so angry right now.

Before proceeding to create this topic, I searched on Nairaland to see if anyone had written on this topic -- no one till the time of writing this.

Undoubtedly, GT Bank has the largest customer base in Lagos for millenials like myself. All my siblings but one uses GT Bank as their primary account. I happen to be a heavy user of the mobile banking products including GTB. On certain months, my sms alerts exceed 3000 Naira. I was excited with the 737 product by GTB. Moreso, the GT coins was even better. This meant I was rewarded for my heavy usage.

Around Q4 of 2017 I noticed the rewards for using 737 in form of GT coins. In December, I had more than 50 737 transactions - account transfers and airtime purchase. Towards the end of December, I logged in to my internet banking profile on PC(i rarely do so)

I checked my GT coins to see what I had and behold it was 80! After how many transactions? I felt something was not right. I used 737 to load airtime which should give me more GT coins. Nope, it was stuck at 80. I contacted their customer care; was told they will report the case. No one got back to me on this.

Fast forward to January 2018, my GT coins is stuck at 140! In a few days, it is RESET to 0 as a new month begins.

I don't know anyone that has successfully received 200 GT coins and gotten the 1000 airtime! I am not even talking about the iPhone X they claim you could win.

Moving forward, I will use the Android app for my transactions and stop dashing Gtb my 20 Naira.

Fraudulent Bank.
I use 737 alot too for airtime and data purchase,also transfers. I always receive message after almost every transaction that I have earn Gtcoins but I never cared about it until seeing this post. How do I check how much I have now and how do someone use it? Thanks
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by donqx: 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2018
don't waste your time with gtcoin..its all scam and I have proofs.I am also gtb mobile code heavy user and there were months where I have upto 600coins and tried to purchase airtime of 1k with just 200coin. the coin the will deducted without refund and the airtime won't be credited.

the recent one I was told I have 370coin and its close to month end and I did many transactions after 370coin the coin fail to increase.I know gt tos from day one and never use other bank atm.I even saw under redeem coin that I can get blender when I reached 400.my brother I have done transactions worth over 100coin but still my coin stucked at 370coin on gt coz they knew they have no blender to give out and it was just scam and tricks for customers to perform transactions.they ended up wipin the 370coin at the end of that month.

2 Likes

Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by phillthy(m): 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
lordtriplee:
I am so angry right now.

Fraudulent Bank.

ur just a block head. you did not even read T & C before calling them fraudulent

bomboclaat

1 Like

Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by lordtriplee(m): 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2018
phillthy:

ur just a block head. you did not even read T & C before calling them fraudulent

bomboclaat

Thank you �
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by stagger: 11:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
lordtriplee:
I am so angry right now.

Fraudulent Bank.

Did you read the terms and conditions? You have to cash out the GTCoins within 30 days or they will reset to 0. Also, if you use another bank's ATM, you lose the coins. Read the terms and conditions. Most people never read the fine print.

2 Likes

Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by stagger: 11:57pm On Jan 27, 2018
phillthy:

bomboclaat

Abeg help me tell the bombo
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by lordtriplee(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
stagger:

Did you read the terms and conditions? You have to cash out the GTCoins within 30 days or they will reset to 0. Also, if you use another bank's ATM, you lose the coins. Read the terms and conditions. Most people never read the fine print.

Did you read my entire post?

I stated it resets every month. Since i stated this, you should be able to tell I have read the T & Cs
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by Luchiana1(f): 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2018
How to withdraw it na...abeg today na 31st
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by Luchiana1(f): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ihow do I use my gtcoin today to get airtime?
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by olugabbie(m): 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2018
Bro this is how it works. GTB give you 5 coins for every recharge card u by using 737 or the internet banking. Also for every inter bank transaction dat carry out, u get 5coins for each. Now wen u use ur ATM card to withdraw frm other bank ATM, 20 coins will b deducted from ur coin. The coins expire after monthly. Wch means if u v 200 coins in feb n u refuse to redeem it. It wil turn to zero immediately we enter a new month. But sometims they wont update ur coin till d end of the month. Imagine on the 29th of march u have 195 coins. So lets say u now do anoda transaction dat earns u 5 points. They five point may not b updated til d coin expire on the 31th. So somtims dey play game wit it. I v frnds who redeem d coins two times in a month. But i v neva been lucky.

lordtriplee:
I am so angry right now.

Fraudulent Bank.
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by olugabbie(m): 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
Through GTB internet banking.
https://ibank.gtbank.com/ibank3/main.aspx?sm=r_a

Greatzeus:

I use 737 alot too for airtime and data purchase,also transfers. I always receive message after almost every transaction that I have earn Gtcoins but I never cared about it until seeing this post. How do I check how much I have now and how do someone use it? Thanks
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by olugabbie(m): 3:12pm On Mar 30, 2018
No b lie bro. Before u can update ur coins urself by clickin on gt coin statement. But d function was removed frm dere internet banking yesterday 29/03/2018.

donqx:
don't waste your time with gtcoin..its all scam and I have proofs.I am also gtb mobile code heavy user and there were months where I have upto 600coins and tried to purchase airtime of 1k with just 200coin. the coin the will deducted without refund and the airtime won't be credited.

the recent one I was told I have 370coin and its close to month end and I did many transactions after 370coin the coin fail to increase.I know gt tos from day one and never use other bank atm.I even saw under redeem coin that I can get blender when I reached 400.my brother I have done transactions worth over 100coin but still my coin stucked at 370coin on gt coz they knew they have no blender to give out and it was just scam and tricks for customers to perform transactions.they ended up wipin the 370coin at the end of that month.
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by sammirano: 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2018
I actually earned 2k credit from the coins during January.
Re: Gtcoins: A Fraudulent Marketing Campaign By Gtbank. by matanmi1966: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
true, I got the news too

(1) (Reply)

30 Tons Tipper Truck Needed Urgently From Ogun To Lagos / How To Apply For Marketmoni Quick And Interest Free Loan / Using Tablets For Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.