Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? (46636 Views)

Meet Nwando Phina Okpaleke The Airpeace Pilot Who Landed An Airplane In Anambra / Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by omonnakoda: 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Winch
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Oluwashida00(f): 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Maybe the country they are close to
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by pressplay411(m): 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
ogbeniolola:
May your wife not put to bed on a flight from US to Nigeria.

Amin loruko Jesu!!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Gkay1(m): 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
na which kind of question be dis na
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by ipledge10(m): 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
IamLEGEND1:
It means the baby won't be a grounder.... he'll be a citizen of Skaikru.

abeg who knows when the 100 will be returning?
This show is reducing my sleeping time. I’m still in season 2. It’s second to the Originals in my ranking
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by otswag(m): 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
Aeroplanean
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by pooozeee(m): 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
The child will have its citizenship approved depending on the ozone layer at which the plane was flying at that moment
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by sanusianangi: 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
Hmmmmmm federal Republic of airplane.
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by j1mmy: 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
the pilot says the nearest territory the plane is flying over and the airline gives a written consent of the childbirth.
OR
The child adopts the parents nationality.
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by omosefeeguaibor(f): 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
I guess the child's citizenship will take the country of where the plane was registered kind of, that is at least logical

1 Like

Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by fapcrook(m): 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2018
julius976:
Sky citizens

sense will not kill me
walahi, sense don kill you, wetin kill you? Na sense

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by nextstep(m): 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2018
moscobabs:
I wanted to ask this question last week but I remembered a topic was created sometimes ago and it makes front page but seems the op missed the topic or is a new nairalander

If a plane is travelling to UK when the baby is born the baby is definitely a UK citizen and if the baby comes to the world and he was born while coming from US to Nigeria then he is definitely a Nigeria born
angry

Depends of course on the nationality of the parents... that takes precedence.

If you're a pregnant Nigerian living in US, why would you get on a flight to Nigeria before you deliver? grin
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by moscobabs(m): 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2018
nextstep:

Depends of course on the nationality of the parents... that takes precedence.

If you're a pregnant Nigerian living in US, why would you get on a flight to Nigeria before you deliver? grin
Village winch can do anything o

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by MikeBetty(m): 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2018
It Depends On The Choice Of The Parents. The Destination Of The Flight Is Likely Choice Because The Mother Must Have Contacted A Hospital There Before Embarking On The Journey.
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by pooozeee(m): 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2018
The baby could also acquire its citizenship based on the aircraft at which they were flying
E.g
1. Dana air.... The baby becomes a dananian
2. Arik.... The baby becomes Arikian
3. Emirate..... The baby becomes Emirian
4. Egypt air.... The baby becomes Egyptian
5. Cargo airline.... The baby becomes cargorian

1 Like

Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2018
ogbeniolola:
savage

somehow
me sef no pray am

1 Like

Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2018
The baby is a citizen of what ever country the parents boarded the airplane. If the baby was born at the touch down of the plane, then it is a citizen of the country that owns the airport.
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Siddeek: 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2018
Airplanian grin
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by kekenation(m): 7:14pm On Jan 27, 2018
AIR-BENDER
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Birminghamvirgo(m): 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2018
Aeroplanean!

Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by bewla(m): 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2018
Tallesty1:
A citizen of flight mode.
Osana bua u read my mind
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Ajigbaleogungun(m): 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2018
The country of operation of the aircraft owns the child.
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Smarkie: 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2018
the child ll be air france citizen
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by pooozeee(m): 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
Tallesty1:
A citizen of flight mode.

Someone who is very funny is called a funnycator, you must be a funnycator....lol
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by kadree(m): 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
ogbeniolola:

Lolz.

Na to use hand block the place den use whatever the pilot believe in take beg am make e reverse the plane back to wia e dey come from.

God nor go let awa village pipo get us oo

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by AntiWailer: 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
The owner of the airspace.
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Broderick555: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2018
EDO STATE
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by beautydutch(f): 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2018
IamLEGEND1:
It means the baby won't be a grounder.... he'll be a citizen of Skaikru.

abeg who knows when the 100 will be returning?
February
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Walexybobo(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2018
Air pikin.
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by luvprince4real(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2018
Politiculator:
The country where the plane was currently located before the child was born.
If it was over the Atlantic ocean, then the child belongs to the Marine spirit. If it is over India, the child is an Indian and may likely worship cows.
If it is over Alqaeda, then the child is a terrorist.
If it is over Edo, then the child is not a child but your ancestor who is flying with the plane.

Guy take am easy na. So u mean say Edo ancestors na witches? I no like am o.
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by akmome: 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2018
airplaner
Re: What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? by Sektion: 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2018
Dollarship:
Air kingdom ninu Avatar tongue
You read my mind on that one grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lastma Officer At Ikeja Axis Dancing While Executing His Duty Excellently / Heartbreaking Burial Poster Of Couple Who Died In Accident In Benin Expressway(p / Ghastly Motor Accident At Alapere, Ketu This Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.