Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone (11040 Views)

3 Awesome Reasons Why You Must Have The Infinix Note 8 Has Your Next Phone / 15 Reasons Why The itel S15 Pro Should Be Your Next Phone / 5 Great Specs To Consider When You're Choosing Your Next Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by Abeere88: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2018
Sunkyphil:
Qualcolm snapdragon of course with 4000mah ba3 cheesy
Nokia 2 will do that for you. has 4100mah battery with corny gorilla glass. it's the cheapest of the Nokia Androids
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by SUNDICOS(m): 10:31am On Jan 28, 2018
justi4jesu:

Go brush your mouth first.
make una no quarrel ooo.
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by SUNDICOS(m): 10:33am On Jan 28, 2018
theo1477:
Pls some one help me with highest phones chipset name. I dreamed it last night but I forgot the name, some one just help pls
it was Alcatel one touch broo
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by mexzony: 10:49am On Jan 28, 2018
Have been impressed with the kirin chipset by huawei
Battery performance is excellent as well as the chipsets performance.
I hear their latest chipset is going to be really something wonderful.
I want to stick with their phones with the latest chipsets for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by perryy(m): 10:52am On Jan 28, 2018
[quote author=fados4sure post=64575551]
Let me explain it to you.

Qualcomm Snapdragon is an American company that produced chip set for phone & most flagship phone like One plus, Xiaomi, Samsung, LG, & Nokia uses Qualcomm Snapdragon as their chips set

TECNO, Infinix & Itel uses MTK as their Chip set & it may interest you to know that MTK is a Chinese company

Huawei has their own chip set company & its called Kirin

Though Samsung uses Qualcomm Snapdragon for the international version of their phones, they also have their own chi set company called EXYNOS for Samsung made for their citizens

I hope this help?[/quote

Exynos is not only for Samsung devices meant for Korea market , it is actually for Korea and international market except , USA, JAPAN and the UK. Some allude this to non compactibility between Exynos and CDMA mostly used by telecoms in those countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by Innobee99(m): 11:14am On Jan 28, 2018
fados4sure:

Let me explain it to you.

Qualcomm Snapdragon is an American company that produced chip set for phone & most flagship phone like One plus, Xiaomi, Samsung, LG, & Nokia uses Qualcomm Snapdragon as their chips set

TECNO, Infinix & Itel uses MTK as their Chip set & it may interest you to know that MTK is a Chinese company

Huawei has their own chip set company & its called Kirin

Though Samsung uses Qualcomm Snapdragon for the international version of their phones, they also have their own chi set company called EXYNOS for Samsung made for their citizens

I hope this help?
Boss, I drop cap for u

1 Like

Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by yasolan(m): 11:44am On Jan 28, 2018
The Apple's A11 on a Samsung phone.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by obidevine(m): 11:54am On Jan 28, 2018
Qualcomm snapdragon of course
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by Abduletudaye(m): 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
Huawei - Kirin

Samsung - Exynos..

Just learnt these...

I would prefer a snapdragon device... Unfortunately, Tecno and Infinix have refused to learn..

Let me start wih Xiaomi Rn4x.. wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by Abduletudaye(m): 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
mexzony:
Have been impressed with the kirin chipset by huawei
Battery performance is excellent as well as the chipsets performance.
I hear their latest chipset is going to be really something wonderful.
I want to stick with their phones with the latest chipsets for now.

Na One+5t dey scatter my dada right now.... cheesy cry
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by melodyogonna(m): 12:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:

Qualcomm 845 is said to not be even as powerful as Apple A11 their current processor DAT runs d iPhone 8, 8plus and d 10. the A11 is even more powerful than Intel broadwell core for core at d same speed. with d use of 3gb RAM in the new iPhone and if Apple can increase d ram to 4gb I am afraid Android would be left in d dust. I have a jailbreaked iPad 3 with all d bells and whistles and it still destroys N50,000 naira smartphone till today that's a device lunched 5yrs ago. all in all Qualcomm needs to step up its game I heard broadcom is trying to buy them out.

No, we all know that the apple processor for iPhone 7 murdered the Samsung galaxy s7 processor - apple processor is lightning fast, but I don't know about the intel broadcoam
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
prettyboy5:

Mr man don't talk about what you don't know.

Snapdragon's 845 CPU core peak is 2.45GHz while that of Apple A11 is 2.34 GHz.

Apple's A11 can run on RAM of 3 GB of LPDDR4 while Snapdragons 845 runs on RAM of up to 8 GB dual-channel LPDDR4x.

Snapdragon is termed the fastest processor ever made with the present rumoured specs we are using to judge, it could even be better when officially out this year, it would beat iPhone X by a mile in terms of speed.

Mr man also u don't know anything who told u core speed is all there is to processor speed
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by celestialthrone(m): 12:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
Abeere88:
Nokia 2 will do that for you. has 4100mah battery with corny gorilla glass. it's the cheapest of the Nokia Androids
i want to buy this phone, Nokia 2 vs hot 5, which would you prefer?
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by prettyboy5: 12:47pm On Jan 28, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:

Mr man also u don't know anything who told u core speed is all there is to processor speed

This is how ignorance speaks from your reply, I gave valid points to prove that Snap 845 is more advanced than A11, I never told you core speed is all there is to processor speed, if you are not ignorant you should state facts directly like I did to show why A11 is better than Snap 845, do that and stop being fictitious in replying to my points, state your facts or shut up about what you don't know!
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by jevic(m): 1:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
Hisilicon kirin 920
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2018
prettyboy5:

This is how ignorance speaks from your reply, I gave valid points to prove that Snap 845 is more advanced than A11, I never told you core speed is all there is to processor speed, if you are not ignorant you should state facts directly like I did to show why A11 is better than Snap 845, do that and stop being fictitious in replying to my points, state your facts or shut up about what you don't know!

can u quote a link where d snap 845 has been benchmarked. stop spreading rumors, by the time the next iPad would be released in March dis year it should feature d new a11x which will still wipe the snap 845 performance. for d past 3yrs iOS device has been killing their Android counterpart within dsame generation. d only advantage Android hardware had was d amount of ram which made for more apps to be opened without refreshes.if Apple continues d trend by increasing d amount of ram of the new iOS device to say 4gb den Android does not stand a chance.

http://bgr.com/2017/09/14/iphone-x-vs-iphone-8-a11-bionic-benchmarks-macbook-pro/
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by StackNerd: 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
Kirin 970 processor is a beast!!!
Octacore 64 bit central processing unit+ neural processing unit

Can't touch that.

The latest qualcomm snapdragon 835 is on par with kirin 960
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by DaBillionnaire: 2:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
OneCorner:
Potato chips cool
Moneytize:
You mean like plantain chips? undecided

U don meanit grin
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by prettyboy5: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:

can u quote a link where d snap 845 has been benchmarked stop spreading rumors and by the time the next iPad should feature d new a11x which will still wipe the snap 845 performance. for d past 3yrs iOS device has been killing their Android counter within dsame generation. d only advantage Android hardware had was d amount of ram. if Apple continues d trend by increasing d amount of ram of the new iOS device to say 4gb den Android does not stand a chance.

http://bgr.com/2017/09/14/iphone-x-vs-iphone-8-a11-bionic-benchmarks-macbook-pro/

How you argue is pathetic and petty! I said you should state in clear terms how A11 is more advanced than Snap 845 and all you do is talk crap and say nothing technical, I take it you are a layman in technology and if I knew ever since I shouldn't have gone this far trying to enlighten you.

Please go and check what "rumoured" means in the technology world, you think it means fake or something? Snap 845 has been with developers for months now and hence its rumoured specs, Google the world "Snapdragon 845" and see the results, all the top tech websites in the world have given their take on the beast of a chipset and one dude here in Nigeria is saying I'm just spreading "rumours" about Snap 845, I laugh!
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:

Qualcomm 845 is said to not be even as powerful as Apple A11 their current processor DAT runs d iPhone 8, 8plus and d 10. the A11 is even more powerful than Intel broadwell core for core at d same speed. with d use of 3gb RAM in the new iPhone and if Apple can increase d ram to 4gb I am afraid Android would be left in d dust. I have a jailbreaked iPad 3 with all d bells and whistles and it still destroys N50,000 naira smartphone till today that's a device lunched 5yrs ago. all in all Qualcomm needs to step up its game I heard broadcom is trying to buy them out.

Oga clean ur mouth if u don't know what to say. Do you know what is snapdragon 835? The fastest and most powerful phone now is an android called oneplus 5t

Go to YouTube, search for phone buff and check oneplus 5 vs Android and Apple phones, then come edit this shit.
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by Alexabeb291: 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
Maybe u should start funding Tech companies and gurus in 9ja
Category1:
The question should be, how are Nigerians going to develop their phones and chipsets?
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by Abeere88: 2:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
celestialthrone:
i want to buy this phone, Nokia 2 vs hot 5, which would you prefer?
Nokia is known for durability, the features include: Battery - 4100mah, RAM - 1gb, Internal memory - 8GB expandable to 128gb, corny gorilla 5" LTPS screen, operates on Android version 7.1.1. of course I will prefer this over Hot 5 nevertheless Hot 5 has it's advantages like 2gb RAM, fingerprint sensor and 16gb internal memory but long term use isn't guarantee cos I termed them as forked android phones
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 2:39pm On Jan 28, 2018
prettyboy5:

advance does not correlate with d speed in this analogy because d 845 has a higher RAM capacity does not make it faster. from ur analogy is like saying a 18 core workstation with 2.6ghz base clock and 3.8ghz turbo with 128g RAM is faster than a 6 core 32gb RAM 5ghz base clock computer when the goal is to run MS office apps and play games most of the apps use single core. also CPU core speed are not equal they are so many variables for example IPC(instructions per clock) so d fact that both CPU cores are at d same clock speed does not mean they process data at d same rate. on pure performance basis generation for generation ios has always beaten Android for d past 4yrs. infact Intel should be d one afraid of Apple now because Apple has matched Intel on d IPC level.

http://www.thephonetalks.com/snapdragon-845-geekbench-benchmark/#
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by prettyboy5: 3:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:

advance does not correlate with d speed in this analogy because d 845 has a higher RAM capacity does not make it faster. from ur analogy is like saying a 18 core workstation with 2.6ghz base clock and 3.8ghz turbo with 128g RAM is faster than a 6 core 32gb RAM 5ghz base clock computer when the goal is to run MS office apps and play games most of the apps use single core. also CPU core speed are not equal they are so many variables for example IPC(instructions per clock) so d fact that both CPU cores are at d same clock speed does not mean they process data at d same rate. on pure performance basis generation for generation ios has always beaten Android for d past 4yrs. infact Intel should be d one afraid of Apple now because Apple has matched Intel on d IPC level.

http://www.thephonetalks.com/snapdragon-845-geekbench-benchmark/#

We are not talking about what was obtainable 4 years ago as you keep saying, the current Snap on the block beats Apple A11 hands down!
Also, cant you just state like 2-3 tech specs and attributes which A11 has that gives it an edge over Snap 845? All you do is saying a yes and no why the higher specs of Snap 845 over A11 doesn't make the Snap faster and more advanced, okay state what A11 has then.

Let's take this argument to the core tech professionals, Google "Snapdragon 845 vs Apple A11", now read reports from the first top 10 results shown from top tech websites around the world and tell me the verdict.
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2018
prettyboy5:

We are not talking about what was obtainable 4 years ago as you keep saying, the current Snap on the block beats Apple A11 hands down!
Also, cant you just state like 2-3 tech specs and attributes which A11 has that gives it an edge over Snap 845? All you do is saying a yes and no why the higher specs of Snap 845 over A11 doesn't make the Snap faster and more advanced, okay state what A11 has then.

Let's take this argument to the core tech professionals, Google "Snapdragon 845 vs Apple A11", now read reports from the first top 10 results shown from top tech websites around the world and tell me the verdict.

first off goggle does not own snap 845. show ur elementary knowledge of these things. snap 845 is owned by an American company called Qualcomm. now Qualcomm licence processor designs from a British company called ARM APPLE also. both Qualcomm and Apple now tweak and manufacture this designs in what is called a SoC(system on chip) this include all d parts of a computer in one chip and even more
I just pasted a link in my previous post about how rumored benchmark still put the snap 845 below Apple A11 now I am going to post links of how Apple has killed everything mobile on d planet in performance infact there are instances how the iPhone 7 still beats the note 8 plus. for ur question about how Apple beats Qualcomm it has always been d Harmony between software and hardware both are under Apple control. although Apple makes really powerful hardware.

https://www.androidauthority.com/why-are-apples-chips-faster-than-qualcomms-gary-explains-802738/

https://hothardware.com/news/apple-a11-bionic-processor-crushes-challengers-benchmark-leak

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Mobile/Apple-A11-Performance-Review-iPhone-8-Plus-Taking-Desktop/GPU-Benchmarks-and-Conclusi
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by prettyboy5: 5:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:

first off goggle does not own snap 845. show ur elementary knowledge of these things. snap 845 is owned by an American company called Qualcomm. now Qualcomm licence processor designs from a British company called ARM APPLE also. both Qualcomm and Apple now tweak and manufacture this designs in what is called a SoC(system on chip) this include all d parts of a computer in one chip and even more
I just pasted a link in my previous post about how rumored benchmark still put the snap 845 below Apple A11 now I am going to post links of how Apple has killed everything mobile on d planet in performance infact there are instances how the iPhone 7 still beats the note 8 plus. for ur question about how Apple beats Qualcomm it has always been d Harmony between software and hardware both are under Apple control. although Apple makes really powerful hardware.

https://www.androidauthority.com/why-are-apples-chips-faster-than-qualcomms-gary-explains-802738/

https://hothardware.com/news/apple-a11-bionic-processor-crushes-challengers-benchmark-leak

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Mobile/Apple-A11-Performance-Review-iPhone-8-Plus-Taking-Desktop/GPU-Benchmarks-and-Conclusi

Mr man spare me your lengthy sermon, show me like 10 websites from top tech websites that reviewed Snap 845 hand A11 and tell me which of those websites concluded A11 is more advanced.

Keep living in the past, all the links you posted are about 2017 based Snapdragon devices, Snap 845 is 2018 and those devices that are gonna run on Snap 845 would beat Apple X.

"Qualcomm just gave us a blueprint for how Android will beat the iPhone X next year" http://bgr.com/2017/12/06/qualcomm-snapdragon-845-galaxy-s9-vs-iphone-x/
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
prettyboy5:

Mr man spare me your lengthy sermon, show me like 10 websites from top tech websites that reviewed Snap 845 hand A11 and tell me which of those websites concluded A11 is more advanced.

Keep living in the past, all the links you posted are about 2017 based Snapdragon devices, Snap 845 is 2018 and those devices that are gonna run on Snap 845 would beat Apple X.

"Qualcomm just gave us a blueprint for how Android will beat the iPhone X next year" http://bgr.com/2017/12/06/qualcomm-snapdragon-845-galaxy-s9-vs-iphone-x/

I give up
Re: Which Chipset Would U Prefer On Your Next Phone by celestialthrone(m): 7:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
Abeere88:
Nokia is known for durability, the features include: Battery - 4100mah, RAM - 1gb, Internal memory - 8GB expandable to 128gb, corny gorilla 5" LTPS screen, operates on Android version 7.1.1. of course I will prefer this over Hot 5 nevertheless Hot 5 has it's advantages like 2gb RAM, fingerprint sensor and 16gb internal memory but long term use isn't guarantee cos I termed them as forked android phones
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Itel A70 Vs Redmi A3: Which Is Better? / I Am "Shocked" There Are No Online Reviews On Tecno Droidpad 7 / Help: HowTo Download 2go On Nokia C1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.