Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) (51465 Views)

Man Rocks Jesus Costume For Halloween, Feeds People On The Street With Bread / 9ja Guy Rocks Agbada Made From Dangote Cement Bag / Kourtney Koko, Little Girl Wears Ripped Jeans In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Strikethem: 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
RandyLewis:
I don't care just watch the cowards she give birth too anything Igbo married to Yoruba is an abomination period
Visit bro. Rip in advance.

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by bashirbabatunde: 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2018
Apparently,the high costs of marrying a baby factory girl begets this uprise of inter ethnic marriage between the igbos and the yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by baby124: 2:01pm On Jan 28, 2018
RandyLewis:
Stupid fool this idiot no see Igbo girl marry afonja nonsense when she go born cowards full house for you, you go know howfar no Igbo man should pick a Yoruba wife and thinks he found a good thing when the kids from such nonsense union become dirty and cowards they shouldn't come here and publicise their misfortune ooh Ndi ara
You are mentally ill. Seek help.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
Loolz

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:02pm On Jan 28, 2018
Mods, must u drag my tribe and tag yoruba all the time to the fp?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Strikethem: 2:03pm On Jan 28, 2018
pweetiedee:

Both of you are sick upstairs.
Are you minding that dirty smelling female pig.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by showboy2301: 2:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
bakynes:

Wrong I doubt if you yourself is Yoruba, Fikayo means "add to my Joy"
you are right, my mistake. It's been long I went home,lol
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by baby124: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

You and your generation are raving lunatics and nincompoops. My in-laws are Isoko and with two fikayos in the mix.

Idiot!!
What is the full Isoko name? Fikayo in Yoruba God will use me to bring Joy. There is Fisayo and Fikayo.
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:06pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

KimCutie, this is a typical example of intellectual laziness among Nigerian bloggers I was referring to.

The name 'Fikayo' is not a Yoruba name, and the pictures confirmed it. The lady is either Urhobo or Isoko, not Yoruba. A simple Google search would have confirmed it instead of rushing to post falsehood.

Mediocrity angry

OK, I will go with any of the two.

Even Itsekiri.

We igbo men have sworn never to marry Yoruba women. angry

But notice the speed the mods rush it to fp to advertise yoruba and igbo marriage like say na by force.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by bakynes(m): 2:06pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

You and your generation are raving lunatics and nincompoops. My in-laws are Isoko and with two fikayos in the mix.

Idiot!!
Mugu whether Igbo or Hausa bares Fikayo or not doesn't change the fact the name is a Yoruba name.

My Pastor did a Baby dedication last Sunday and named a Baby born into an Urhobo family a Yoruba name. It doesn't excuse the Child from been Urhobo but the name itself is a Yoruba name.

Stop arguing what you don't know is like hearing names like Uche or Chioma and saying they are not Igbo names does that sound normal to you?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by holuwamosey(m): 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
RandyLewis:
Stupid fool this idiot no see Igbo girl marry afonja nonsense when she go born cowards full house for you, you go know howfar no Igbo man should pick a Yoruba wife and thinks he found a good thing when the kids from such nonsense union become dirty and cowards they shouldn't come here and publicise their misfortune ooh Ndi ara
u just displayed the highest level of ur intelligence but its a pity that people lyk u would let govt av reason to put the social media act bill into use.pls if u don't want the world to continue observing ur idiotic expression kindly keep d. Nonsense u understand and respect others point of view

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by bakynes(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2018
showboy2301:
you are right, my mistake. It's been long I went home,lol
No problem I knew it was a mistake just wanted to be sure.

Ola means Wealth and Ayo means Joy.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
bakynes:

Mugu whether Igbo or Hausa bares Fikayo or not doesn't change the fact the name is a Yoruba name.

My Pastor did a Baby dedication last Sunday and named a Baby born into an Urhobo family a Yoruba name. It doesn't excuse the Child from been Urhobo but the name itself is a Yoruba name.

Stop arguing what you don't know is like hearing names like Uche or Chioma and saying they are not Igbo names does that sound normal to you?

Please stop insulting people here.

Igbo men dont want your yoruba women.

Abi na by force?

Please remove the tribes that u display on fp, i dey shame for all of una.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Strikethem: 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
hammer6F:

Even Itsekiri.

But notice the speed the mods rush it to fp to advertise yoruba and igbo marriage like say na by force.
Ode. Who won marry you hehehe.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by NoToPile: 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2018
@ ishilove Fikayo is a short form of oluwafikunayomi - God has added to my joy

Mostly written as oluwafikayomi aand shortened as fikayo.

It's a Yoruba name, it could also mean something else in other dialects

What does fikayo mean in urhobo or Isoko?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Awoofawo(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2018
SonyObsessed:
Chino stormed his traditional wedding in style with his Igbo angels. The groom stood out by rocking Yoruba’s traditional attire as they ‘dobale’ for the bride’s family.

Chino and Fikayo met in 2012 and tied the knot last weekend at the Beachfront, Landmark Centre, Lagos. They did both the Yoruba traditional wedding and Igbo traditional wedding all in one day. The Yoruba-Igbo wedding is the highest inter-tribal wedding in Nigeria and it’s getting more rampant in recent years.

Photography by Akintayo Timi for Bellanaija.

More Photos: http://www.weddings.ng/blog/igbo-man-rocks-agbada-marries-his-yoruba-bride-in-style-photos
he look more human in Yoruba attire than in Igbo own...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by bakynes(m): 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2018
hammer6F:

Even Itsekiri.

You have to understand that any other tribe bearing Yoruba names but are not Yoruba got their culture influenced one way or the other with Yoruba but the name Fikayo is a Yoruba name whether you are from Itsekiri or Isoko or whatever.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Oblongata: 2:12pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

Idiot!!
ishilove haso lost it... after your poor research on 'fikayomi' or 'fikayo' as they are fondly called by yorubas, you resort to immature insult? Is this not ishilove the former mod? Now talking thrash like all these small kids that have desecrated nl? I give up!

Wether your isoko in laws or Canadian brothers bear fikayo

Does not change the fact that it is a yoruba name.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Strikethem: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2018
NoToPile:
@ ishilove Fikayo is a short form of oluwafikunayomi - God has added to my joy

Mostly written as oluwafikayomi aand shortened as fikayo.

It's a Yoruba name, it could also mean something else in other dialects

What does fikayo mean in urhobo or Isoko?
That ishilove too dense.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by bakynes(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
hammer6F:

Please stop insulting people here.

Igbo men dont want your yoruba women.

Abi na by force?

Please remove the tribes that u display on fp, i dey shame for all of una.
What is wrong with this fool, what is my business with you, go and hold them not to marry each other as if you own their lives. Fool

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
bakynes:

You have to understand that any other tribe bearing Yoruba names but are not Yoruba got their culture influenced one way or the other with Yoruba but the name Fikayo is a Yoruba name whether you are from Itsekiri or Isoko or whatever.

So tell your mods to remove igbo man marry yoruba woman.

clearly that is not the case here.

That is my only concern.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by mpowa(m): 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

KimCutie, this is a typical example of intellectual laziness among Nigerian bloggers I was referring to.

The name 'Fikayo' is not a Yoruba name, and the pictures confirmed it. The lady is either Urhobo or Isoko, not Yoruba. A simple Google search would have confirmed it instead of rushing to post falsehood.

Mediocrity angry

Fikayo is a Yoruba name, or what do think it mean? Some benin/niger-delta bear Yoruba names but fikayo is a Yoruba name, to write it in full Oluwafikayomi - meaning God adds to my joy

And of course the Tradition wedding is Yoruba attire.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by LolaCole1(f): 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2018
bakynes:

I don't think you are okay at all, How can you say Fikayo is not a Yoruba name? I doubt if you are well.

Fikayo an Isoko/Urhobo name? You have gone completely mad.

Can't you see where they were dressed in Yoruba attire.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by RandyLewis(m): 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
dangotesmummy:
onye beribe
onye nzuzu

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hammer6F: 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2018
bakynes:

What is wrong with this fool, what is my business with you, go and hold them not to marry each other as if you own their lives. Fool

We will soon have our way and ban yoruba marraiges.

Just a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by hoodmenconcept(m): 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2018
ji
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by RandyLewis(m): 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2018
9inches:
I don't like this news. Why did he marry a yeriba girl. Nwanne you let us down bigly. embarassed
That is what am saying we igbo no longer have a sense of self preservation

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by WORLDPEACE(m): 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2018
Afam4eva:

The emboldened is incorrect. The only reason why it would seem so is because those Igbo-Yoruba weddings tend to be in the spotlight. There are probably a lot of Igbo-Ibibio, Igbo-Ijaw, Yoruba-Edo etc that don't get reported as much.

HML to the couple.
I am a Yoruba person. I have heard many Yorubas and some other tribes say Yorubas marry from other tribes the most. I don't think it is true. I think people from minority tribes marry outside their tribes more. Just for the simple reason that they are less likely to meet a person from their tribe when they want to get married. Edo Yoruba marriages and Urhobo Yoruba mariages are very common.
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Oblongata: 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
Del post
Re: Igbo Man Rocks Agbada, Marries His Yoruba Bride In Style (photos) by Oblongata: 2:22pm On Jan 28, 2018
Ishilove:

I
Idiot!!
ishilove has lost it... after your poor research on 'fikayomi' or 'fikayo' as they are fondly called by yorubas, you resort to immature insult? Is this not ishilove the former mod? Now talking thrash like all these small kids that have desecrated nl? I give up!

Wether your isoko in laws or Canadian brothers bear fikayo

Does not change the fact that it is also a yoruba name.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland. / I Have Never Felt So Much Pain In My Life, Lady With Artificial Nails Cries / Can You Rock This Designer Suit? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.