Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Roofing A Mini Event Hall Without Pillar - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Roofing A Mini Event Hall Without Pillar (1090 Views)

Documenting The Construction Of A Mini Event Centre / Cost Of Roofing A House In Nigeria / High Tension Wire On A House Pillar: Your Opinion On This Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Roofing A Mini Event Hall Without Pillar by Lawalemi(m): 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2018
I plan to roof this event hall of about 40 by 90 feet without a pillar in-between. The reason being that multiple pillars inside the hall could deprive of the much needed space in the small hall. Therefore I suggested having strong pillars round the building could substitute for populating the hall with pillars.
So, to building professionals, is this recommendation doable and what sort of roofing design (Iron or Wooden) could serve my proposal?

Re: Roofing A Mini Event Hall Without Pillar by Rubbiish(m): 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2018
Lawalemi:
I plan to roof this event hall of about 40 by 90 feet without a pillar in-between. The reason being that multiple pillars inside the hall could deprive of the much needed space in the small hall. Therefore I suggested having strong pillars round the building could substitute for populating the hall with pillars.
So, to building professionals, is this recommendation doable and what sort of roofing design (Iron or Wooden) could serve my proposal?
40ft wide...I am really not certain if wood can cover such span without support.
Use steel, if u have the money.

1 Like

Re: Roofing A Mini Event Hall Without Pillar by Lawalemi(m): 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
Rubbiish:

40ft wide...I am really not certain if wood can cover such span without support.
Use steel, if u have the money.
Thanks, brother

(1) (Reply)

Is POP Cement Good For Screeding? / Properties For Sale In Abeokuta / Ocean View Estate @1m Per Plot For 20plots Only (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.