Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt (4839 Views)

Ritual Killers: One -chance Operators Devise New Strategies / Police Foil Port Harcourt Bank Robbery / Woman Lynched In Lagos Over Kidnap Attempt (viewers Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by supereagle(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2010
BENIN—THE Police in Edo State and two commercial motorcycle (Okada) operators, Wednesday, foiled attempt by four armed men to kidnap the Dean of the Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Benin, UNIBEN, Professor Bob Efosa Osaze.
The state Police Commissioner, Mr Kachi Udeoji, who briefed newsmen in Benin City yesterday, said the suspected kidnappers who abducted the Professor at Owoseni, Mission road, at about 6:30p.m. Wednesday, were armed with a pump action gun and locally made pistols, adding that his men gave them a chase and blocked all the exit roads in the city after they got information that the professor was in a 306 Peugeot car with the kidnappers.
He explained that when the kidnappers could not find an exit, they ran into a commercial bus along Mission road and escaped, leaving their captive and arms in the car.
According to Udeoji, “we are particularly glad about the role played by the two Okada men who followed the kidnappers’ vehicle until our men caught up with them. We advise others to behave the same way so that we can have a crime-free society.”
Professor Osaze narrated his ordeal to newsmen: “I was returning from work at about 6:30p.m. when some men who came with a Peugeot 306 ordered me out of my vehicle and immediately used a bottle to hit me on the head to make me unconscious.
“Everything now was blank and they dragged me to their car. They drove towards Obaze Street by Upper Mission road, there was a police check point there, and they reversed immediately.
“After they reversed and headed towards Upper Lawani, we now met another police check point. Apparently, the police had got the information and they are now searching all vehicles.
At that point, I knew it will be difficult for them to escape and I was now scared because I said to my self that they may now want to hit a vehicle with their car so as to escape and that eventually happened.
“When they now saw policemen at Upper Lawani, the driver of the vehicle ran towards a commercial bus and there was a kind of collision. They immediately escaped and I noticed that some policemen pursued them.
“I quickly came out and raised my hands up, shouting that I was the victim. I was lucky when the leader of the policemen there ordered his boys not to shoot. I laid on the ground and they behaved very maturely.
“They took me to the Police Command. But before then, I thanked one of the Okada operators that had been following the vehicle they used for his help.
There were two and I learnt they actually alerted the police because they saw when they abducted me.”
Prof. Osaze commended the police for their assistance, and described the situation as horrific.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/04/16/police-okada-operators-foil-kidnap-attempt/

Benin is known for kidnapping their egg heads, a few days ago, a prof of medicine was kidnapped. When will this end? How can we end it?
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Vanpee(m): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2010
Anything that has advantage, has disadvantage. Imagined okada riders banned as in many state capitals. Thank God ooo
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2010
Good work by the okada riders. this is the kind of vigilant people nigeria needs, everyone needs to be vigilant, no dulling.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by rickie4us(m): 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2010
UP OKADA RIDERS!!

well, the issue of security is not for the police alone. we should all be our brothers' keeper.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2010
supereagle:

Benin is known for kidnapping their egg heads, a few days ago, a prof of medicine was kidnapped. When will this end? How can we you end it?
• Buy a motorcycle
• Relocate to Benin
• Shine your eye
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by 190: 2:14pm On Apr 16, 2010
see, i said it~

BENIN IS USELESS

NOTHING GOOD COMES OUT FROM EDOSTATE~

I said it~

and would keep saying it~

BENIN/EDOSTATE is the worst state in nigeria

that state should be burnt! angry angry
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by ALAKANNI(m): 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2010
Hunn "Up Bedeeee" The real heart-beat of the nation.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Ninapha(f): 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2010
Thank God for his mercies.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by snowdrops(m): 2:35pm On Apr 16, 2010
190:

see, i said it~

BENIN IS USELESS

I said it~

ALAKANNI:

Hunn "Up Bedeeee" The real heart-beat of the nation.

No mind am. Come burn am now say your get PYROMANIA.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2010
WHERE IS AKALA ( IBADAN)

come see this.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2010
The police shldn't have mentioned the okada ridders here 4 security reasons
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by shilling(f): 3:18pm On Apr 16, 2010
How uplifting!!!
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by snowdrops(m): 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2010
bengreat:

The police shldn't have mentioned the okada ridders here 4 security reasons

They did not disclose their identities
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by truly: 3:38pm On Apr 16, 2010
190:

see, i said it~

BENIN IS USELESS

I said it~

Please, the people are Nigerians
No matter what some people from that state might have done to you
There would still be a lot of lovely and well-meaning people from there
I would be sad if because of a few Nigerians, I am condemned in such a wholesale manner
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Wrex(m): 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2010
Kudos to the okada riders.I wish the culprits were caught.They will definitely meet there waterloo one day
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2010
@snowdr its true the actual okada ridders's id was nt revealed but i feel those boys might want (God forbid o) to attack any okada man cos their co spoilt biz 4 them.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Ty207: 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2010
@190 i agree with u 90% of d benin/edo are bad,i cant deal with them in anytin. They are d 1 spoiling d image of our country outside niger. Talk about drug they r dere,taik about prostitute they full like mad,scam they full etc.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by soyad: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2010
Benin is always taking all forms of crime to the extreme ,70% of prostitutes in Nigeria are from Benin , kidnapping which started from the creeks has now being hyjacked by Benin and so on and so forth . It only shows that moral values in that place has completely collapsed in the family and the society . The elders of the land should be ashamed .
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by hilli666(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2010
I officially remove the ban on Okada, if it means that they could potentially foil a kidnapping plot. grin grin grin
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by nasoeb: 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2010
These are the kind of okada men we need. Not those that encourage robbery

3 kposa 4 those okada men
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by pheonixChi(f): 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2010
Good job okada men. goes to show in every basket is aa rotten apple.
190:

see, i said it~

BENIN IS USELESS

I said it~

Errm did you see the bit about rotten apples?
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by ZE: 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2010
The most retrogessive city in Nigeria is Benin. If you want to be a failure in life, just go and stay in Benin. They will finish you with JUJU.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 16, 2010
190:

see, i said it~

BENIN IS USELESS

I said it~

who told u so?
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by spoilt(f): 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2010
okada men save the day
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by argentina: 7:31pm On Apr 16, 2010
190:

see, i said it~

BENIN IS USELESS

I said it~

grin grin grin grin
@ 190 ol boy u dey vex pieces for that town ,wetin benin do u sef?? ehn? anytime dey talk about benin u go carry the matter for head.
well i feel ur pain, if u have any bad experience in benin u can just relate it here and maybe someone can touch light it for u to ease the beef u have for the town.
something good can still come out of bethlehem, abi u no believe so
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by teeluv(m): 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2010
wonders will never stop to happenn. okada sef can do good thing,
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by hilli666(m): 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2010
You havent seen anything yet, wait till the danfo driver and bus conductors foil a terrorist attempt. They cant stand being upstaged by okada drivers, u just wait and see. grin grin grin
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by snowdrops(m): 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2010
Ty207:

@190 i agree with u 90% of d benin/edo are bad,i cant deal with them in anytin. They are d 1 spoiling d image of our country outside niger. Talk about drug they r dere,taik about love-peddler they full like mad,scam they full etc.
Are you ok?

soyad:

Benin is always taking all forms of crime to the extreme ,70% of love-peddlers in Nigeria are from Benin , kidnapping which started from the creeks has now being hyjacked by Benin and so on and so forth . It only shows that moral values in that place has completely collapsed in the family and the society . The elders of the land should be ashamed .
Whats the source of your statistics? Dont manufacture figures here in a bid to make a point.

ZE:

The most retrogessive city in Nigeria is Benin. If you want to be a failure in life, just go and stay in Benin. They will finish you with JUJU.
Na you be the chief priest? Or you be air commondor from wafi? tongue
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Rastamann: 8:44pm On Apr 16, 2010
Lucky professor. Imagaine wea dis professor for see minimum of N5million? Make the professor go thank God and then have enof beer.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by texazzpete(m): 10:17pm On Apr 16, 2010
190:

see, i said it~

BENIN IS USELESS

I said it~

Yeah, Benin should be burnt. We'll start by using you as firewood for the fire. Re'tard.
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by Gamine(f): 10:20pm On Apr 16, 2010
Yeah, Benin should be burnt. We'll start by using you as firewood for the fire. Re'tard.

hahahahaha
Re: Okada Operators Foil Kidnap Attempt by mamagee3(f): 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2010
Now I see why Ohakim passed a law banning Okada men in Owerri. . .

Some of these Okada men are just evil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Celebrates As They Capture A Huge Hippopotamus / Lady Dies In London After She Went To Have Surgery To Correct Her K-legs / Teenager Caught Having Road Side S*x With Girl, 16, At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.