Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu (15079 Views)

28 States Can Not Finance 2019 Budgets - NEITI / 2019 Presidential Election .: Which States Can Buhari Win / Benue Leaders To Buhari - No Land For Cattle Colonies In Our State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by stephanie11: 8:45am On Jan 29, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu has said that only state governments in Nigeria can allocate land for cattle colonies as stipulated in the Land Use act of 1977.

Ekweremadu called on states to come up with legislation that will ban Open grazing in the country. Speaking at the House of Commons in the UK on a topic titled; 'African politics: The Dynamics and Lessons', He said;

"Importantly, I believe that ranching is the way to go rather than open grazing. However, it is for the Federal Government to provide the policy direction while the states take up the challenge because the issue of cattle rearing is a state matter as all lands are vested in respective states under the Land Use Act in Nigeria.

It is not for the states to set up ranches since it is private business. The states should, instead, come up with agricultural credit schemes that will encourage and support farmers to set up their ranches,".

Ekweramdu described the Open Grazing policy as 'archaic, anachronistic and out of tune with Modern Society'.He urged the Nigerian government to use Ranching instead.

He also called for the Decentralisation of Policing in Nigeria and Africa as a whole, stating that it's the only way the continent can deal with Insecurity.

https://politicsngr.com/states-can-give-land-cattle-colonies-ekweremadu/

25 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by AlienRobot: 8:47am On Jan 29, 2018
I blame Bubu for this

4 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by sarrki(m): 8:49am On Jan 29, 2018
That's the constitution

We all must abode by it

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by sarrki(m): 8:50am On Jan 29, 2018
AlienRobot:
I blame Bubu for this

Politics is not about hating an individual

Its about what you bargain and make out of it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by hungryboy(m): 8:54am On Jan 29, 2018
Ekweremadu is spot on, cattle rearing is a private business, if you wish to ranch cattle, buy land and ranch it.

Last time i checked, the revenues Fulani made from selling their cattle wasn't paid into the federation account.

So government doesn't owe 'em land for use in ranching their cattle.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by AlienRobot: 9:43am On Jan 29, 2018
sarrki:

Politics is not about hating an individual

Its about what you bargain and make out of it
See this zombie ooo

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by omonlaa: 10:20am On Jan 29, 2018
Nigerian politicians hardly stand for anything, they must stand for this one abeg.

22 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by BruncleZuma: 10:20am On Jan 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin

This guy dey talk like say Naija get constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by Tekecoms1(m): 10:22am On Jan 29, 2018
I think Buhari's brain has been cloned. Is this the buhari that was voted massively for?

20 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2018
The question is: have you taken time to read one page of the constitution? Some of you are....smh.

BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

This guy dey talk like say Naija get constitution.

1 Like

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by omonlaa: 10:23am On Jan 29, 2018
hungryboy:
Ekweremadu is spot on, cattle rearing is a private business, if you wish to ranch cattle, buy land and ranch it.

Last time i checked, the revenues Fulani made from selling their cattle wasn't paid into the federation account.

So government doesn't owe 'em land for use in ranching their cattle.

You forget that Buhari is one of them. In the regular Nigerian politician fashion, he is setting up his future generations.

2 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by abdulrazat(m): 10:23am On Jan 29, 2018
The Federal government keeps allocating money for importation of grass for cattle like the profits been made is for the whole country and not for the Fulani man.

Buhari is making a lot of wrong decisions based on sentiments. Go Back to Duara

10 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by Tonason: 10:24am On Jan 29, 2018
Why are we so preoccupied by Nama,Malu,Cow.Cattle in this God's forsaken nation all the time.?

12 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by 2019BUHARIONLY: 10:24am On Jan 29, 2018
BUHARI2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 29, 2018
Will Buhari and his MUMULISTIC tribesmen listen to this wise advice? They would rather attack the adviser.
God save Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by Bayajidda1: 10:25am On Jan 29, 2018
grin
Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by Pavore9: 10:25am On Jan 29, 2018
He is so right.

6 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by BruncleZuma: 10:26am On Jan 29, 2018
comradeodunze:
The question is: have you taken time to read one page of the constitution? Some of you are....smh.

After seeing your response I have concluded that you're just a kid with free data, do have a fun-filled day kiddo.

1 Like

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by MaziEDOZIE(m): 10:26am On Jan 29, 2018
Wise words from a wise man from the East.

7 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by kinibigdeal(m): 10:27am On Jan 29, 2018
angry

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by joenor(m): 10:27am On Jan 29, 2018
I really don't see states giving out land for colony that will help, these fulani herdsmen are out for something....

8 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by neonly: 10:27am On Jan 29, 2018
I weep for niaja
Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by BabyApple(m): 10:28am On Jan 29, 2018
buhari is a goat

1 Like

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by uzohrome(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2018
Well articulated points. The only thing we should be clamoring is #backtodaura

5 Likes

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 29, 2018
Having a copy of it in every corner of your being means nothing if you dont read and study it!
Now buzz off.

BruncleZuma:

Unfortunately for you I have it both as an app and a hard copy...and I maintain every volume of it for my work oponu

1 Like

Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by blessedmeme: 10:30am On Jan 29, 2018
Honestly Nigeria is gone
Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by joystickextend1(m): 10:34am On Jan 29, 2018
alright

Meanwhile guys check out my profile for your extender products and other adult fantasy toys
Re: Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu by AlienRobot: 10:35am On Jan 29, 2018
O blame Bubu for this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Muhamadu Buhari To Flag Off His Presidential Campaign In Uyo On Dec 28 / Tinubu: Reliance On Export Of Raw Materials, Disease That Needs Urgent Cure / 11 Parents Of Nigeria's Abducted Girls Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.