Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,255 members, 7,864,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:25 PM

Is Rivers Really Unsafe? Or Is The Media Just Overhyping? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Rivers Really Unsafe? Or Is The Media Just Overhyping? (721 Views)

Which state is the most Violent/unsafe state In Nigeria Today? / Femi Fani Kayode Please Where Is Rivers State 2 Billion Naira Given To You / Can We Now See How Unsafe Lagos Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rivers Really Unsafe? Or Is The Media Just Overhyping? by fero007: 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
we hear on news of everyday of the terror of cultism in port harcourt and other parts of Rivers state, but I know people who schooled in Edo state and they say that the media just wants to implicate Ruvers and that cultism is nt as rampant in Rivers as in Edo, I also know people who ve visited Delta and they say cultism there is worse than what they're seeing in Rivers just dat the media doesnt carry their news, then I hear of badoo cult in Lagos, I lyk to know from someone dat knows dese places, Is Rivers dat bad? or is the media overhyping things to paint the govt black?
Re: Is Rivers Really Unsafe? Or Is The Media Just Overhyping? by powerkey: 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2018
Lagos is more unsafe in Nigeria than any other place.

Yorubas usses media propaganda against any city that begins to draw population from Lagos....

They tag it every bad name to scare people from investing in such state.
Re: Is Rivers Really Unsafe? Or Is The Media Just Overhyping? by fero007: 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
I argee with you cuz I went to port harcourt a bit rough but nt near what the media portrays, however I heard Rivers people talking of the rough life in Delta and Edo when they went there. It makes sense, at first they portrayed Warri as unsafe to drive investors from Delta, now they are doing same in Port harcourt so that Lagos will stay on top, oil companies gradually leaving rivers n delta to lagos n abuja
Re: Is Rivers Really Unsafe? Or Is The Media Just Overhyping? by Uyiii: 2:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
The question should be, is 9ja really unsafe??
my answer is Yes, na God just dey see us through each day.
Re: Is Rivers Really Unsafe? Or Is The Media Just Overhyping? by Sinistami(m): 11:35am On May 07, 2018
well the truth is u should go see for yourself if Delta and Edo state is what they say it is. I'm from Yenagoa I know that in Yenagoa cultism is at a very high level every neighborhood has its own gang that controls it. though people that have gone to places like PH Warri Benin will say the violence there surpases ours. but mah friends from PH and Warri will still say ours is worse. so which one I wan believe again. buh anyway I've noticed it that the media always hype the violence of the Nigerdelta ×10²
Re: Is Rivers Really Unsafe? Or Is The Media Just Overhyping? by swagficient(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2022
Nigeria is unsafe. Period.
Educated people are detribalized.
It says something about the tribal animals on this forum.
Re: Is Rivers Really Unsafe? Or Is The Media Just Overhyping? by Cokahot: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2022
Just have your clip,for protection. Clip,baseball bat,golf stick and lastly bronco knife

(1) (Reply)

Why We Have So Many Awaiting Trial Cases In Nigeria And The Way Forward / One Of The Offa Robbers Identified As A Dismissed Police Constable (photo) / (photos) See What Delta Boys Did To Police Officers Searching Their Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.