Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? (26205 Views)

Are Locum Doctors And Nurses Well Paid In Nigeria? / How To Get Paid In Bitcoins Without Any Struggle / How Much Are Air Hostesses Or Flight Attendants Paid In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by yetunsbay(m): 10:09pm On Jun 15, 2019
rasmed:

is it possible to divide it equally and my own paid to my account
sharing is amongst the family after money is being paid into Estate acct in the name of the deceased ONLY
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Estherdollar: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2019
Good morning Nairaland,
Please I need a clarification on the issue of police death benefits payment
My sister died 2008 and after we began processing her death benefit, first police gave us 100k for burial expenses, next they called us to bring some document required for payment, while we were still waiting for admin letter, we heard names appeared on news papers and that we should go to police headquarters Abuja after they checked the documents, they directed us to Premium Pension, they too ran some checks and collected the copies of the documents, after which they paid 1.55M into the NOK account few months later,please I want to know if there is anymore benefit to process or what is been paid covered all the benefit?thanks
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by yetunsbay(m): 1:21am On Dec 17, 2019
Estherdollar:
Good morning Nairaland,
My sister died 2008 and after we began processing her death benefit, first police gave us 100k for burial expenses, next they called us to bring some document required for payment, while we were still waiting for admin letter, we heard names appeared on news papers and that we should go to police headquarters Abuja after they checked the documents, they directed us to Premium Pension, they too ran some checks and collected the copies of the documents, after which they paid 1.55M into the NOK account few months later,please I want to know if there is anymore benefit to process or what is been paid covered all the benefit?thanks
did ur sister died in active service or retired ?
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by akinsfit: 1:12am On Mar 12, 2020
Pls anybody who can help... My Dad died on duties last month Feb 16 2020. Pls what is required step to take as regards his benefit.
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Blessed200016: 11:32am On Jul 02, 2020
Pls anyone with an idea of what batch of death benefits Pencom paid last ?

It's urgent pls
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by yetunsbay(m): 12:05am On Aug 16, 2020
Estherdollar:
Good morning Nairaland,
if she died while in service then that should be her life assurance benefits. Remains the death benefits fr Pencom to be remitted to her PFA. Liase with PFA for next steps
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Edo1079: 5:05am On Oct 16, 2020
My Late sister died in active service in NFL in 2016. 100k was paid within a month for her burial expenses followed by her cooperative then last year 2019 then her pension was paid. Please, is there any benefit expected to be paid from NPF?
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Edo1079: 8:45am On Oct 16, 2020
Died in active service
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by yetunsbay(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Nawteemaxie(m): 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2021
mandmis007:
Did he die while in active service or he was retired? Cz dia are different docs n requirements n processes 4 u 2 get n submit b4 his benefits can be processed at pencom and remitted into his RSA where u can access d acct.
If he dies while in active service go 2 his PFA and collect forms to fill while u submit his death cert 4rm a qualified doctor/hospital, death cert 4rm National population commission, certified pay slip of June 2004, July 2007, Jan 2010, 2013 n month of death. U also attach an introductory letter 4rm his office stating his date of birth, death of dead, GL/ step in June 2004, July 2007, Jan 2010, 2013 and @ date of death. The names of his NOKs,
Also 2 b included is his birth cert/affidavit, Letter of first appointment, RSA No. And equally submit introductory letter from his MDA to his Perm Sec. (PM) stating d above n Letter of Administration (LOA) for his group life insurance.
I believe d snag usually arise 4rm dis GRP life thing.
Go 2 his PFA n sort d issue.
Let me knw hw far, pls.

Why wasn't I asked to produce letter of administration when I approached the PFA to process my dad's benefits?
I was given a list of docs to provide, including all these mentioned, but a letter of adminstration wasn't requested. This was done about a month ago? Why was mine so?
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Nawteemaxie(m): 4:53pm On Feb 27, 2021
mandmis007:
Did he die while in active service or he was retired? Cz dia are different docs n requirements n processes 4 u 2 get n submit b4 his benefits can be processed at pencom and remitted into his RSA where u can access d acct.
If he dies while in active service go 2 his PFA and collect forms to fill while u submit his death cert 4rm a qualified doctor/hospital, death cert 4rm National population commission, certified pay slip of June 2004, July 2007, Jan 2010, 2013 n month of death. U also attach an introductory letter 4rm his office stating his date of birth, death of dead, GL/ step in June 2004, July 2007, Jan 2010, 2013 and @ date of death. The names of his NOKs,
Also 2 b included is his birth cert/affidavit, Letter of first appointment, RSA No. And equally submit introductory letter from his MDA to his Perm Sec. (PM) stating d above n Letter of Administration (LOA) for his group life insurance.
I believe d snag usually arise 4rm dis GRP life thing.
Go 2 his PFA n sort d issue.
Let me knw hw far, pls.

Why wasn't I asked to produce letter of administration when I approached the PFA to process my dad's benefits?
I was given a list of docs to provide, including all the above, but a letter of adminstration wasn't requested. Why? This was done last month btw.
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Lumidee007(m): 3:09am On Mar 16, 2021
how long does it take to pay a life insurance for my late mother?(death while in service) I ve processed it a month ago
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Jemah4: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please for estate account that has two signatories, do both parties need to be present in other to make withdrawal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google Staff Walk Out Of Their Offices In Protest Over Excos Sexual Allegations / Company Forces Chinese Employees To Drink Toilet Water For Not Meeting Target / University Graduate Who Is A Puff Puff Seller (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.