Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? (4762 Views)

Another Proof Igbos Hate Yorubas (PHOTO) / Why Do Igbos Hate Buhari? - Mustapha Gembu, Hausa Activist / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2018
On social media, it is believed that Igbos hate Yorubas. In as much as this is not physically seen in public and their is a peaceful co-existence between this region from Lagos to Nnewi, i would like to get the opinions of Igbos on this topic, and also ask the Yorubas the reasons for their assumptions.
And also ask if Igbos are confortable with the over 5000+ churches pastored by yorubas in the east?
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Sprumbabafather: 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
angry
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
If you get the answer to this question, what will you do with it?
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by FvckShiT(m): 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
-Do I fůcking care...NO!

2 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Shuku0kukobambi: 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
What's the reason for these threads today? cheesy cheesy

Did OBJ write another letter? cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
Captleverage:
We don't hate them we just don't consider them as human beings
Shut up mister man, that is ur own opinion.
Igbo's don't hate Yoruba, evident by the high number of inter-tribal marriages between the two tribes. Am a Yoruba boy, but I have more Igbo friends than Yoruba friends, and all my babes are Igbo girls.

15 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by PapalsBull(m): 6:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
[s]
FvckShiT:

-Do I fůcking care...NO!
[/s]
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Ejanla07: 6:49pm On Jan 29, 2018
who cares, hate me. i hate u double

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by zendy: 6:50pm On Jan 29, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
On social media, it is believed that Igbos hate Yorubas. In as much as this is not physically seen in public and their is a peaceful co-existence between this region from Lagos to Nnewi, i would like to get the opinions of Igbos on this topic, and also ask the Yorubas the reasons for their assumptions.
And also ask if Igbos are confortable with the over 5000+ churches pastored by yorubas in the east?

Igbos generally dont like Yorubas. However, the fact that an Igbo man does not like an ethnic group does not mean that the Igbo man cannot live amongst that ethnic group in peace and do things that are mutually beneficial with them. The Igbo mans mind is "business like",thats why he can live anywhere in the world.

But can the Igbo nation and the Yoruba nation come together to do anything? Not a chance!

Igbos and Yorubas are very different people and they dont understand each other. How a Yoruba man sees things is very different from how an Igbo man sees things. What made this even worse is that Igbos and Yorubas had little or no contact before the coming of the white man. The white man brought two strangers together hoping they would connect, doesnt always work out like that. But the two tribes are very civilised, thats why they havent killed each other yet

22 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
I dont hate them, i just desist how they give the fulanis the opportunity to shine over educated people

6 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Shuku0kukobambi: 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
I dont hate them, i just desist how they give the fulanis the opportunity to shine over educated people

Because when Zik partnered Sardauna, the Grand son of Usman Dan Fodio, Ahmadu Bello was a Russian? cheesy

Because when Shagari picked Dr Ekwueme, he was Canadian? cheesy

Because when ojukwu contested under NPN, it was an American party? cheesy

Yoruba did it once, una want the world to end cheesy

Keep up with your njakiri threads of unity begging. I'm enjoying them cheesy

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
Igbos no dey reason yoruba matter. Here in enugu they dont hate them, although some people dont like them. But most Igbos just see them as normal nigerians and dont have any issues with them whatsoever.

i have yoruba friends and i dont hate them and i believe the feeling is mutual

14 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by coolebux(m): 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
The unique nature of the Igbos will always attract Afonjas
These folks have the habit of switching sides without shame.
Igbos don't hate them per se but not too much into them

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
coolebux:
The unique nature of the Igbos will always attract Afonjas
These folks have the habit of switching sides without shame.
Igbos don't hate them per se but not too much into them
what's the unique nature? Afonja made Igbo become what they are today otherwise they will be much worst than the poorest place in the north. we cannot envy your nature cuz we made it happen.

Have you for once asked why all the successful igbos since 1944 can speak Yoruba?
Bro. mention any successful Igbo bro he or she as connection with Yorubas or live in yorubaland.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nice write up very interesting
zendy:

Igbos generally dont like Yorubas. However, the fact that an Igbo man does not like an ethnic group does not mean that the Igbo man cannot live amongst that ethnic group in peace and do things that are mutually beneficial with them. The Igbo mans mind is "business like",thats why he can live anywhere in the world.

But can the Igbo nation and the Yoruba nation come together to do anything? Not a chance!

Igbos and Yorubas are very different people and they dont understand each other. How a Yoruba man sees things is very different from how an Igbo man sees things. What made this even worse is that Igbos and Yorubas had little or no contact before the coming of the white man. The white man brought two strangers together hoping they would connect, doesnt always work out like that. But the two tribes are very civilised, thats why they havent killed each other yet

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by oooduancalmdown: 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
What kind of a stupid thread is this? Why the obsession? Yoruba people don't givea damn if you loathe them or not. We don't want any fuccking southern unity. We don't share anything with iboes. We are not the same for fvck sake. Our culture, native tongue/language and culture is not same.
Stay on your lane!
Nonsense!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by rosebowl01(m): 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
zendy:

This is what we don't get about you people either. If a Yoruba man have this type of sick feeling towards another person, he voluntarily choose not to come near that person no matter what - evidence can be found in their migration pattern. So, with that in mind, you claim you hate some people so bad that you will die to have another country, but then you also want rights to continue to live, and send many more millions of you into those people's land, and even harass them. Then turn around and blame them for not giving you a helping hand with your secession plans. wtf? Yes you are totally right, we are, and shall remain two parallels.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by heendrix(m): 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2018
igbo girls are hot wink

2 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2018
Nobody hate anybody but we know yoroubas as deceptive people

6 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by stonemasonn: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2018
rosebowl01:

This is what we don't get about you people either. If a Yoruba man have this type of sick feeling towards another person, he voluntarily choose not to come near that person no matter what - evidence can be found in their migration pattern. So, with that in mind, you claim you hate some people so bad that you will die to have another country, but then you also want rights to continue to live, and send many more millions of you into those people's land, and even harass them. Then turn around and blame them for not giving you a helping hand with your secession plans. wtf? Yes you are totally right, we are, and shall remain two parallels.
The land can't sustain their aspirations, so they've no choice than to migrate and live among people they hate...that's what I think.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by oyatz(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
If you haven't dated an Igbo girl before, you have really missed.
I may be wrong,but my observations shows Igbo chicks coming from igboland tend to love cool,educated (and monied) Yoruba guys but if her parents are based in the SE or SS,they will discourage their girls to marry Yoruba guys.

heendrix:
igbo girls are hot wink

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by meccuno: 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
igbos dont have the time to hate yorubas.......most of them feel that they are not straight forward......

3 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by T9ksy(m): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2018
stonemasonn:
There land can't sustain their aspirations, so they've no choice than to migrate and live among people they hate...that's what I think.

Geez! It sure s.u,ck.s to be ....

Imagine, their whole existence depends on them co-existing with people they 're innately wired to loathe.

What a conundrum!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Strikethem: 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hmmmm.
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by zendy: 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2018
rosebowl01:

Who is talking about hate here? That fact that a person doesnt like another person does not necessarily mean that hate exists between them. In my work place, there are some people I dont like. But it wont stop me going to work tomorow and working with them.
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by omonnakoda: 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2018
A myth only a small number of Ebola tribes are business minded, many are not. I don't see how Ebolas are more business minded than Hausa. Ebolas are traders trading is a tiny part of business,
Banking,oil and gas,telecommunications, IT Agriculture, Transport, construction, manufacturing are all business, butchers, mai suya, herdsmen etc ae all bunisesses. Dangote,, Adenuga ,Otedola,Alakija are not Ebolas so stop this myth of Ebolas as business people,

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by omonnakoda: 10:12pm On Jan 29, 2018
heendrix:
igbo girls are hot wink
If by hot you mean masculine then yes they are very febrile

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by hammer6F: 10:18pm On Jan 29, 2018
Remimadrid:

Shut up mister man, that is ur own opinion.
Igbo's don't hate Yoruba, evident by the high number of inter-tribal between the two tribes. Am a Yoruba boy, but I have more Igbo friends than Yoruba friends, and all my babes are Igbo girls.

Shameless!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Fulani Herdsmen Kills Many And Burnt Houses In Kogi / NIMASA Building At Apapa On Fire? / Real Reasons APGA Disqualified Soludo..The PDP,Fidelity Bank Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.