Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? (4784 Views)

Another Proof Igbos Hate Yorubas (PHOTO) / Why Do Igbos Hate Buhari? - Mustapha Gembu, Hausa Activist / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by omonnakoda: 10:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
Here is the pure truth of how Yoruba see Eboes

They are primitive and savage
They lack culture
They worship money
They have no scruples or morality
They are childish and emotional politically so they don't think far or strategically.
They are very crude,loud and vulgar. No style and no taste
in summary they are not really very civilised and
They have no spiritual grounding

7 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by hammer6F: 10:20pm On Jan 29, 2018
[s]
zendy:

Igbos generally dont like Yorubas. However, the fact that an Igbo man does not like an ethnic group does not mean that the Igbo man cannot live amongst that ethnic group in peace and do things that are mutually beneficial with them. The Igbo mans mind is "business like",thats why he can live anywhere in the world.

But can the Igbo nation and the Yoruba nation come together to do anything? Not a chance!

Igbos and Yorubas are very different people and they dont understand each other. How a Yoruba man sees things is very different from how an Igbo man sees things. What made this even worse is that Igbos and Yorubas had little or no contact before the coming of the white man. The white man brought two strangers together hoping they would connect, doesnt always work out like that. But the two tribes are very civilised, thats why they havent killed each other yet
[/s]

Honestly, I am of the opinion that Yorubas hate Igbos.

They actually enjoy hating igbos.

It all comes down to envy and jealousy.

Igbo tend to marry one wife, struggle and succeed on the family front, business and generally seen to be progressive even in foreign land.

Now their host with more than one wife and a battalion children, just keep sinking and they take one step forward only to take ten backwards.

So they just decide to hate the foreigner that appears better off than them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by omonnakoda: 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
hammer6F:
[s][/s]

Honestly, I am of the opinion that Yorubas hate Igbos.

They actually enjoy hating igbos.

It all comes down to envy and jealousy.

Igbo tend to marry one wife, struggle and succeed on the family front, business and generally seen to be progressive even in foreign land.

Now their host with more than one wife and a battalion children, just keep sinking and they take one step forward only to take ten backwards.

So they just decide to hate the foreigner that appears better off than them.
In summary Yoruba hate Ebolas because they marry one wife. EBOLA SENSE
Fact is there are a number of Ebolas born and bred sense in Yoruba land. This has helped to civilize them in comparison to the savages from the wilds of Awoamama

7 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by hammer6F: 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
[s]
omonnakoda:

In summary You a hate Ebony because they marry one wife.
Ebony sense
[/s]

Dont pretend like u dont see ur people in my comment.

U know wat i am saying is the truth.

Question is y blame the Igbo for the choice you make?

Is he controling your kondo?

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by hammer6F: 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2018
This man explains it very clearly in his speech.

However, he refused to accept the blame/responsibility for his own backwardness.

He rather blame the Igbo for progressing in work and life. He actually said this.

Imagine, this was the head of the entire Northern region.

Now imagine the situation with the common man in the North with 5 wives and hundred children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by omonnakoda: 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
hammer6F:
[s][/s]

Dont pretend like u dont see ur people in my comment.

U know wat i am saying is the truth.

Question is y blame the Igbo for the choice you make?

Is he controling your kondo?
You are talking tangentially and off point. Ebola are amongst the poorest in Nigeria. Most cannot even marry till they are in their 4t0s because of the mercenary attitude and culture. Is it the ones selling rat poison or Okrika clothes that are better off or the conductors?
How many Yoruba conductors are in Eboeland?
You like deceiving yourselves about how well off you are when you are empty barrels ,when we deport you again you will start screaming like pigs

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by omonnakoda: 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
hammer6F:
This man explains it very clearly in his speech.

However, he refused to accept the blame/responsibility for his own backwardness.

He rather blame the Igbo for progressing in work and life. He actually said this.

Imagine, this was the head of the entire Northern region.

Now imagine the situation with the common man in the North with 5 wives and hundred children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

Polygamy is not Ebola culture?
Or poverty has forced you to adjust?

5 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by hammer6F: 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
omonnakoda:

You are talking tangentially and off point. Ebola are amongst the poorest in Nigeria. Most cannot even marry till they are in their 4t0s because of the mercenary attitude and culture. Is it the ones selling rat poison or Okrika clothes that are better off or the conductors?
How many Yoruba conductors are in Eboeland?
You like deceiving yourselves about how well off you are when you are empty barrels ,when we deport you again you will start screaming like pigs

Till this day, even with murdering 3 million Igbos.

Destroying their land.

Diverting their resources.

Closing all their bank account and allowing some of them only #20.

Take a close look at urself and the igbos.

U are still threatening to collect their houses. Is that not funny?

Fun enough, igbos today build same houses in the city, that is driving u into rage, as village houses. grin

3 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by omonnakoda: 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
hammer6F:

Till this day, even with murdering 3 million Igbos.

Destroying their land.

Diverting their resources.

Closing all their bank account and allowing some of them only #20.

Take a close look at urself and the igbos.

U are still threatening to collect their houses. Is that not funny?

Fun enough, igbos today build same houses that is driving u into rage as village houses. grin
Did we take your houses the last war?
This is the real problem you folk don't know the difference between fantasy and reality
The Ikwerne whom you want to claim by force are the only ones that took your houses.
You believe your own stupid lies that is why you are treated like children
You claim Orji Uzor Kalu is so rich the CBN begged him to take his money to the World Bank which could only take half while the other half went to the IMF imagine!
Onitsha market is the largest in the Milky Way and the US Army buys drones there. Those are the kinds of stupid claims you make with a straight face
Building which houses?
From Okrika and Rat poison?
What bank accounts
These are stupid lies that were busted here on Nairaland
Not one Eboe man has come out with bank books to back this claim not one

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by hammer6F: 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2018
[s]
omonnakoda:

This is the real problem you folk don't know the difference between fantasy and reality
The Ikwerne whom you want to claim by force are the only ones that took your houses.
You claim Orji Uzor Kalu is so rich the CBN begged him to take his money to the World Bank which could only take half while the other half went to the IMF imagine!
Onitsha market is the largest in the Milky Way and the US Army buys drones there. Those are the kinds of stupid claims you make with a straight face
Building which houses?
What bank accounts
[/s]

There is evidence to back my assertion.

I rarely speak without back up.

Unlike your emotional rants.

Cry from now till tomorrow, unless u change, u will remain backwards and keep blaming igbos for their success.

3 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by rosebowl01(m): 11:20pm On Jan 29, 2018
zendy:

Who is talking about hate here? That fact that a person doesnt like another person does not necessarily mean that hate exists between them. In my work place, there are some people I dont like. But it wont stop me going to work tomorow and working with them.

In the same vein, since your dislike (not hate) of that colleague will not stop you from working with that him/her, you should not be planning to divide the company in half, request half of the division, and demand to also share/control the other half.
Now you see my point?
It's either you're confusing your behavior/hate with dislike, or genuinely trying to sugar-coat that hate with dislike. Either ways, at this point, it does not matter to anybody... we sabi ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by omonnakoda: 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2018
hammer6F:
[s][/s]

Cry from now till tomorrow, unless u change, u will remain backwards and keep blaming igbos for their success.
Where is the evidence?
Stop talking nonsense
Who is the backward one.
Your best governor is now a sculptor erecting statues everywhere
You folk are feral savages

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by rosebowl01(m): 11:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
omonnakoda:

Building which houses?
What bank accounts

Wow, this guy is badddd. grin

3 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by heendrix(m): 11:26pm On Jan 29, 2018
oyatz:
If you haven't dated an Igbo girl before, you have really missed.
I may be wrong,but my observations shows Igbo chicks coming from igboland tend to love cool,educated (and monied) Yoruba guys but if her parents are based in the SE or SS,they will discourage their girls to marry Yoruba guys.

actually met one at the school cafeteria today omo very light n kinda pretty unfortunately she's semi educated I just change it to auto reverse embarassed
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by omonnakoda: 11:34pm On Jan 29, 2018
Sometimes the lies are so childish the only thing going you would feel is pity

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by DoTheNeedful: 11:43pm On Jan 29, 2018
zendy:

Igbos generally dont like Yorubas. However, the fact that an Igbo man does not like an ethnic group does not mean that the Igbo man cannot live amongst that ethnic group in peace and do things that are mutually beneficial with them. The Igbo mans mind is "business like",thats why he can live anywhere in the world.

But can the Igbo nation and the Yoruba nation come together to do anything? Not a chance!

Igbos and Yorubas are very different people and they dont understand each other. How a Yoruba man sees things is very different from how an Igbo man sees things. What made this even worse is that Igbos and Yorubas had little or no contact before the coming of the white man. The white man brought two strangers together hoping they would connect, doesnt always work out like that. But the two tribes are very civilised, thats why they havent killed each other yet

The Fulanis must be happy with this. Southern Nigeria is on a long thing and Biafra is a pipe dream also.
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Jonathan39: 11:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
Lack of seaport in the East! Or are you saying you gave the igbo man money to start his business? Or paid his school fees?
Onijagidijagan:

what's the unique nature? Afonja made Igbo become what they are today otherwise they will be much worst than the poorest place in the north. we cannot envy your nature cuz we made it happen.

Have you for once asked why all the successful igbos since 1944 can speak Yoruba?
Bro. mention any successful Igbo bro he or she as connection with Yorubas or live in yorubaland.
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by oyatz(m): 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
Love conquers all.

They are plenty in NYSC and in cities like Kano, Abuja,Lagos ,Ibadan, Akure,Kaduna and almost all the State capitals.

Intertribal understanding and unity is one of the cardinal objectives of NYSC and I give them a pass mark in that area because I am a living witness.

heendrix:

actually met one at the school cafeteria today omo very light n kinda pretty unfortunately she's semi educated I just change it to auto reverse embarassed
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Masterclass32: 12:30am On Jan 30, 2018
No be only Igbo and Yoruba be the only tribes wey dey Naija. Every time ''Igbo'' and ''Yoruba''.

As per the thread, both tribes should just mind their business, and they'd do just fine. Trying to force the love won't yield much result. Like someone said, both are totally different.

3 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by theblessings: 2:47am On Jan 30, 2018
Masterclass32:
No be only Igbo and Yoruba be the only tribes wey dey Naija. Every time ''Igbo'' and ''Yoruba''.

As per the thread, both tribes should just mind their business, and they'd do just fine. Trying to force the love won't yield much result. Like someone said, both are totally different.
oga thanks so much,

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by CeterisXVII: 3:08am On Jan 30, 2018
coolebux:
The unique nature of the Igbos will always attract Afonjas
These folks have the habit of switching sides without shame.
Igbos don't hate them per se but not too much into them
You people are unique. You have a way of making falsehood appear to look like the truth. Igbos don't hate them per se? Tell another lie, sir.

6 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by CeterisXVII: 3:10am On Jan 30, 2018
omonnakoda:

Building which houses?
What bank accounts

Savage! This is too wicket!

2 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by obowunmi(m): 4:00am On Jan 30, 2018
Igbos and Yoruba are to come together to vote out terrorist Buhari.
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Strikethem: 4:10am On Jan 30, 2018
hammer6F:
[s][/s]

The evidence or stop blabbing.

3 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by reality1010: 4:11am On Jan 30, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
On social media, it is believed that Igbos hate Yorubas. In as much as this is not physically seen in public and their is a peaceful co-existence between this region from Lagos to Nnewi, i would like to get the opinions of Igbos on this topic, and also ask the Yorubas the reasons for their assumptions.
And also ask if Igbos are confortable with the over 5000+ churches pastored by yorubas in the east?
U sound. uneducated.How would u be asking Nigerians if they hate south Africans.Igbos r everywhere in Yoruba land even as u wake up d first person u see as a to run a man may be an igboman. D possibility of him hating u is. not there rather he will like u for his interest. And while it is like that you v every reason to hate him for exploiting ur ppl.Also what s 5,000 churches by pastors of yorubas to d number of igbos in Yoruba land.how did u arrive at that.Even if we v them r you saying churches own by igbos don't exist in yorubaland. Try to think before u type.

2 Likes

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by LIFEisSIMPLE: 6:29am On Jan 30, 2018
Hmmm na wa o. Keep it up
omonnakoda:

If by hot you mean masculine then yes they are very febrile
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by lastempero: 7:43am On Jan 30, 2018
[quote author=Remimadrid post=64618197]
Shut up mister man, that is ur own opinion.
Igbo's don't hate Yoruba, evident by the high number of inter-tribal marriages between the two tribes. Am a Yoruba boy, but I have more Igbo friends than Yoruba friends, and all my babes are Igbo girls.[/quote

Chai u don finish my sisters.
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by ZZ22: 8:38am On Jan 30, 2018
Ethnic jealousy is at the roots of the hate between the Yorubas and the Igbos. Economic and political angling of past is also responsible. The Igbos are by nature very industrious and talented. They excel at just about anything they touch. The Igbos are very aggressive and domineering people. The Yorubas are afraid of the Igbo-take-over spirit and as such, are jealous and refuse to accept that reality.
If you read through the colonial documents leading up to the 1914 Amalgamation, you will see that Federick Luggard's Muhamedian Emirate of the North was broke as he routinely was unable to pay salaries to his colonial workers. At this time, Southern Nigeria (present day SE and SS regions) generated about 115 million in trade, a monumental achievement that was never-before heard of in this part of Africa then. The Yoruba Southwest at the time was called Lagos colony and this region had very mediocre economic impact.
Lagos colony was not financially bouyant, though not as poor as the North. For the Amalgamation to work however, Lagos colony and Southern Nigeria must be grouped together, in order to access the wealth generated by the Igbos to take care of the North. Luggard and his Northern conspirators only really wanted Igbo land but excluding Lagos colony would have met disapproval from the colonial office back in England charged with approving the Amalgamation plan. So, they grouped the East and West as Southern Nigeria, where the Yorubas wanted lead but Igbos refuse to allow them.
Look at it this way: your house is poor (North) but your neighbor's house is rich (South). To access your neighbor's wealth you announce that both houses belong to the same compound, so as to grab and share in the wealth of your neighbor's house.
To highlight the aggressiveness of Igbo success and ingenuity, the Igbos dominated industry and government before the civil war. Azikiwe even attempted to rule over the Yorubas in their land. Being dominated like that shook, and continues to shake, the Yorubas to their core, hence, the animosity.
More so, because the wealth of the new Nigeria was domiciled in the then South east (today's SS and SE combined), the Yorubas made sure they stand with the North to exterminate the Igbos for attempting to break away the rich region from the poor and parasitic regions. The civil war was genocide on the Igbos, Awolowo seized all the food and humanitarian supplies sent from other countries to the Igbos because the supplies came through Lagos port. The threat to deny the Yorubas and Northerners a share in the wealth now domiciled in today's SS region is why the Igbos are highly discriminated against politically, today, by the benefactors of one Nigeria. Obasanjo has confessed openly in the past that if the Federal government allows a functional seaport in the then Southeastern region, that the Igbos will use it to import military weapons to fight for breakoff. It is this reason why every was taken to Lagos.
So, the hatred or animosity between the Yorubas and the Igbos is rooted in these ethno-political and economic facts of the past. It is not personal, but ethnic or tribal instincts necessitates the blocking of other ethnic groups from outcompeting your ethnic group. The Yorubas see the Igbos as their rival in just about everything. They think of themselves as second to the North but they see the Igbos as challenging that, even with no political power or federal government help. They despise the guts of the Igbos.
Great people survive extermination. Most countries around the world hate Israel because they survived extermination by Hitler's Germany, and are today one of the strongest country and people on earth. The Igbos survived extermination by Northerners and the Yorubas to emerge today's most industrious and economically creative people. The Yorubas think this economic feat should be them. If the Igbos are allowed political power, in addition to their ability to generate money and to create things out of nothing, imagine how powerful the Igbos would dominate hence, the reason for the jealousy. The Yorubas are afraid of being dominated, but their Lagos is dominated and bought over by the Igbos. These are the causal factors.

namet

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by Strikethem: 8:46am On Jan 30, 2018
[s]
ZZ22:
Ethnic jealousy is at the roots of the hate between the Yorubas and the Igbos. Economic and political angling of past is also responsible. The Igbos are by nature very industrious and talented. They excel at just about anything they touch. The Igbos are very aggressive and domineering people. The Yorubas are afraid of the Igbo-take-over spirit and as such, are jealous and refuse to accept that reality.
If you read through the colonial documents leading up to the 1914 Amalgamation, you will see that Federick Luggard's Muhamedian Emirate of the North was broke as he routinely was unable to pay salaries to his colonial workers. At this time, Southern Nigeria (present day SE and SS regions) generated about 115 million in trade, a monumental achievement that was never-before heard of in this part of Africa then. The Yoruba Southwest at the time was called Lagos colony and this region had very mediocre economic impact.
Lagos colony was not financially bouyant, though not as poor as the North. For the Amalgamation to work however, Lagos colony and Southern Nigeria must be grouped together, in order to access the wealth generated by the Igbos to take care of the North. Luggard and his Northern conspirators only really wanted Igbo land but excluding Lagos colony would have met disapproval from the colonial office back in England charged with approving the Amalgamation plan. So, they grouped the East and West as Southern Nigeria, where the Yorubas wanted lead but Igbos refuse to allow them.
Look at it this way: your house is poor (North) but your neighbor's house is rich (South). To access your neighbor's wealth you announce that both houses belong to the same compound, so as to grab and share in the wealth of your neighbor's house.
To highlight the aggressiveness of Igbo success and ingenuity, the Igbos dominated industry and government before the civil war. Azikiwe even attempted to rule over the Yorubas in their land. Being dominated like that shook, and continues to shake, the Yorubas to their core, hence, the animosity.
More so, because the wealth of the new Nigeria was domiciled in the then South east (today's SS and SE combined), the Yorubas made sure they stand with the North to exterminate the Igbos for attempting to break away the rich region from the poor and parasitic regions. The civil war was genocide on the Igbos, Awolowo seized all the food and humanitarian supplies sent from other countries to the Igbos because the supplies came through Lagos port. The threat to deny the Yorubas and Northerners a share in the wealth now domiciled in today's SS region is why the Igbos are highly discriminated against politically, today, by the benefactors of one Nigeria. Obasanjo has confessed openly in the past that if the Federal government allows a functional seaport in the then Southeastern region, that the Igbos will use it to import military weapons to fight for breakoff. It is this reason why every was taken to Lagos.
So, the hatred or animosity between the Yorubas and the Igbos is rooted in these ethno-political and economic facts of the past. It is not personal, but ethnic or tribal instincts necessitates the blocking of other ethnic groups from outcompeting your ethnic group. The Yorubas see the Igbos as their rival in just about everything. They think of themselves as second to the North but they see the Igbos as challenging that, even with no political power or federal government help. They despise the guts of the Igbos.
Great people survive extermination. Most countries around the world hate Israel because they survived extermination by Hitler's Germany, and are today one of the strongest country and people on earth. The Igbos survived extermination by Northerners and the Yorubas to emerge today's most industrious and economically creative people. The Yorubas think this economic feat should be them. If the Igbos are allowed political power, in addition to their ability to generate money and to create things out of nothing, imagine how powerful the Igbos would dominate hence, the reason for the jealousy. The Yorubas are afraid of being dominated, but their Lagos is dominated and bought over by the Igbos. These are the causal factors.

namet
[/s]Early morning dustbin material.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by honeychild(f): 11:56am On Jan 30, 2018
omonnakoda:

In summary Yoruba hate Ebolas because they marry one wife. EBOLA SENSE
Fact is there are a number of Ebolas born and bred sense in Yoruba land. This has helped to civilize them in comparison to the savages from the wilds of Awoamama

So true. The difference between Igbo's who have lived in the west and those who lived all their lives in igboland is outstanding. Those "home bred" are loud, abrasive and rude. Those who live elsewhere are a bit more tempered.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by uba1991: 1:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
slowpoison1:
Igbos no dey reason yoruba matter. Here in enugu they dont hate them, they dont like them. Igbos just see them as normal nigerians and dont have any issues with them.

But as for hausa, they are seen as terrorist here and they are hated with passion
but here in kano d igbos are allowed to do dia business without intimidation. D GENTILITY of d lion is nt COWARDICE
Re: Do Igbos Really Hate Yorubas? by omonnakoda: 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2018
[quote author=uba1991 post=64638509]but here in kano d igbos are allowed to do dia business without intimidation. D GENTILITY of d lion is nt COWARDICE[/quote
What is the meaning of gentility?

Do you know?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is For Those That Always Threaten Igbos With War / Ongoing Taraba Fly Over Collapsed -photo / Ugwuanyi Assures United Nigeria Airlines Of Maximum Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.