Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Dagrin Must Not Die - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dagrin Must Not Die (4053 Views)

See How Dagrin Fans Remembered Him Today / Stop Comparing Me To Dagrin- Olamide Cries Out To Fans / Pictures Of Olaonipekun Olaitan (dagrin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dagrin Must Not Die by Kennyblues(m): 5:41pm On Apr 16, 2010
Guys pls pray for Dagrin, he must not die. He was involved in an accident at the early hours of today right infront of Alakara police Station, Mushin.

I saw the blck Mazda, the bonnet was a right off. Dagrin must not die.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Kennyblues(m): 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2010
Rapper DaGrin In Coma After Ghastly Auto Accident
April 16, 2010 16:03 (1 hour ago), 482 views

By Bayo Adetu

Rap music star, Olaitan Oladapo, popularly known as Dagrin, escaped death yesterday as he was involved in a ghastly auto crash with his newly acquired Maxima 3.5 SE with customised registration number Dagrin 03.

Dagrin, who was this morning still unconscious at the Lagos State Teaching Hospital, LUTH, where he was rushed to shortly after the accident was coming from a friend’s birthday party in Surulere when the incident happened.

The accident occurred at about 2:30 am in front of Alakara Police Station, Mushin. He was on his way to his residence in Ogba area of Lagos.

•DaGrin

P.M. NEWS gathered that the Pon Pon Pon crooner rammed his car into a stationary trailer parked along the road and he sustained a serious head injury. Dagrin was the only one in the vehicle as at the time of the incident.

Speaking with P.M.NEWS on phone, Dagrin’s manager, Tunde Peters confirmed the incident, saying that the wave-making singer needs prayers from his fans.

The singer’s car, which is badly damaged, was presented to him about three weeks ago by his record label, Edlyne Records. Dagrin is adjudged the best Yoruba rap artiste at the moment.

Comments (2)
Kunle Sobande

Today 16:20 (1 hour ago)

Ola ni yonu.
Jakumo ki rin’san, eni a biire ki ri’ru

“The accident occurred at about 2:30 am” After many bottles of ‘who knows what?’ I pray that God grants fast and full recovery, as well as the grace to learn from that error.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by labiyemmy(m): 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2010
MAY he recover well-
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 20, 2010
Dagrin, God will save ur soul, but next time try to stay where you are by late hour, the accident hurt me like say i family with the victim, I'll be pray for you now enceforth, i know you will use that incident to make money, things like that happen for reasons, whish you quick recovery love you boy. AIMOYE OSO AIMOYE AJE
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2010
Dagrin, God will save ur soul, but next time try to stay where you are by late hour, the accident hurt me like say i family with the victim, I'll be praying for you now enceforth, i know you will use that incident to make money, things like that happen for reasons, whish you quick recovery love you boy. AIMOYE OSO AIMOYE AJE
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Geeluat(m): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2010
Is this for real?

Over the past couple of days there have rumours that Dagrin is dead but today, from a very reliable source we at GidiNoize were told that Dagrin is really and truly gone.Ity is with great sadness that we break this news and I am in shock as I write this but God knows best.

RIP DA GRIN

source: http://gidinoize./2010/04/22/da-grin-is-really-and-truly-dead/
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by comechop(m): 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2010
He is late,
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Dolemite(f): 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2010
Part of me regrets his demise and another part says you reap what you sow. He was driving drunk and had an accident, i say it's better him than some innocent person who becomes a victim of his drink driving. . . like Ibinabo Fiberesima killing someone on the road because she was drunk. You reap what you sow people.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by TolaniLuv: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2010
Dolemite:

Part of me regrets his demise and another part says you reap what you sow. He was driving drunk and had an accident, i say it's better him than some innocent person who becomes a victim of his drink driving. . . like Ibinabo Fiberesima killing someone on the road because she was drunk. You reap what you sow people.

I don`t knw your sorry ass but, You are very stupid sir,

If I swear for you, damn No one can cast t off ur silly ass head, Oloriboruku elder

God go punish all ur family In jesus name grin Amen
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by TolaniLuv: 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2010
Why naira land dey mistype what I wrote?

Dolemite ::::

E no go better for U, I dey vex type dis tin. Idiot
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by MissyB1(m): 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2010
Dolemite:

On this, I agree with You!
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Dolemite(f): 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2010
TolaniLuv:

I don`t knw your sorry backside but, You are very silly sir,

If I swear for you, damn No one can cast t off your silly backside head, Oloriboruku elder

God go punish all your family In jesus name grin Amen
TolaniLuv:

Why naira land dey mistype what I wrote?

Dolemite ::::

E no go better for U, I dey vex type dis tin. Idiot
What if it was your sister/mother/brother or a dear relative he killed in that accident driving drunk? I'm not rejoicing over his death, it's a waste considering how talented he was, but that is reality. We all pay for our actions.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by shotster50(m): 12:27am On Apr 23, 2010
@ Dolemite

Does the word sensitivity mean anything to you?? You thnk this is the right time for you to say that?? Dude id not even 6 hours dead and this is the ish you have to say to him?
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Dolemite(f): 12:32am On Apr 23, 2010
Would what i said make any difference if he was 100 years dead or 3 hours dead?
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by shotster50(m): 12:59am On Apr 23, 2010
Keyword here is SENSITIVITY!!!!
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Dolemite(f): 1:16am On Apr 23, 2010
I hope learning from his death people are now SENSITIVE to the fact that it is dangerous to drink and drive. . .If this is achieved then this talented musician perhaps didn't die for nothing.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by StudioCFR(m): 1:28am On Apr 23, 2010
Dolemite,

Stop talking nonsense please, YOU'RE POPPING ANNOYANCE.

R.I.P Dagrin , We love you
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Dolemite(f): 3:13am On Apr 23, 2010
I love him too, but it is what it is, and it is not nonsense.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by shotster50(m): 6:43am On Apr 23, 2010
So then, are you going to spend a lifetime trying to justify your gaffe and look ridiculous. You are African not some random YT. You do not dishonour the dead. Just beacuse you do not drink and drive, doesnt mean you dont do some other ish. Please take your high horse somewhere else.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by labiyemmy(m): 9:34am On Apr 23, 2010
^^^^

Why do you hate the truth this much?
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Dolemite(f): 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2010
shotster50:

So then, are you going to spend a lifetime trying to justify your gaffe and look ridiculous. You are African not some random YT. You do not dishonour the dead. Just beacuse you do not drink and drive, doesnt mean you dont do some other ish. Please take your high horse somewhere else.
Apparently you do not know the dangers of drink driving, just because i will NEVER drink and drive doesn't mean I'm on a high horse, it just means i belong to the self preservation society or that I could never live with myself knowing I killed an innocent person due to my drunkenness, oh yes i do plenty of ish but none of them i think put me or some other innocent person directly in danger. . .I hope for YOUR sake the friends or relatives of Dagrin start an awareness program for the dangers of drink driving - no dishonor intended, but you can start by doing a Google search.

. . .and there are somethings i will never do, African or no African and one of them is keep my mouth shut about someone who puts their lives or other peoples lives in danger, just because they're having fun. What I'm saying is perhaps what most of those people crying and weeping at his bedside think, but do not have the courage to say, because they are Africans - doesn't make sense to me.

@labiyemmy:

^^^^

Why do you hate the truth this much?
. . .this is because the truth hurts, but i kind of understand where he is coming from there is a time to mourn and a time to learn, problem is some of us mourn shorter than others and learn faster as well. . .
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by nanidee(f): 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2010
Dolemite:

Apparently you do not know the dangers of drink driving, just because i will NEVER drink and drive doesn't mean I'm on a high horse, it just means i belong to the self preservation society or that I could never live with myself knowing I killed an innocent person due to my drunkenness, oh yes i do plenty of ish but none of them i think put me or some other innocent person directly in danger. . .I hope for YOUR sake the friends or relatives of Dagrin start an awareness program for the dangers of drink driving - no dishonor intended, but you can start by doing a Google search.

. . .and there are somethings i will never do, African or no African and one of them is keep my mouth shut about someone who puts their lives or other peoples lives in danger, just because they're having fun. What I'm saying is perhaps what most of those people crying and weeping at his bedside think, but do not have the courage to say, because they are Africans - doesn't make sense to me.
. . .this is because the truth hurts, but i kind of understand where he is coming from there is a time to mourn and a time to learn, problem is some of us mourn shorter than others and learn faster as well. . .

@ Dolemitem, u're right on track, people just never want to hear the truth, but no matter how bitter d truth is, it has to be told. Yes, its sad he's gone, but the truth u said in ur post still stands.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by mayee45: 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2010
though it hurts to see you go like that but we know God loves you more
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by ssumpta(f): 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2010
I din't know him, but i'm sure i know one or more of his songs.
If what they say is true, then its really sad he lost his life out of his own recklessness mistake .
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2010
Sorry this talented musician died, but I also hope a lesson's learnt from all this, otherwise his death was all for nothing.

I lost my mum when I was 19, a drunk driver drove on the wrong side of the road on the way from Port Harcourt, and rammed my mum's Peugeot 504, on her way to Warri. She was killed instantly, while the drunk in a Peugeot 504 estate was also killed. The estate he was driving was overloaded with students coming home from uni for Christmas. Those that weren't killed upon impact, were trapped in the car, which caught fire, and they burned to death. angry

All because someone was irresponsible enough to get behind the wheel, whilst several times above the limit! Why do we as Nigerians, act so religious, yet use the term, "God punish all your family." Is that a prayer God will answer, being commanded by a mere mortal?

The fact is, sad though Da Grin's death is, there are people on here who like myself, have lost loved ones through the actions of another driver under the influence, and these people are the least likely to be sympathetic. I remember being in shock, when we received the news of my mum's death, two days after it happened. I also remember taking a long walk, and seeing cars driving past, music playing, people laughing, kids playing etc. People die everyday, yet life must go on, life won't grind to a halt, stranger's won't share your grief.

I never heard of Da Grin till his sad demise, so nothing changed in my life when I heard the sad news. No need slating folk who speak their minds - his death touched different people, in different ways.

May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by MissyB1(m): 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2010
Siena:

I remember being in shock, when we received the news of my mum's death, two days after it happened. I also remember taking a long walk, and seeing cars driving past, music playing, people laughing, kids playing etc. People die everyday, yet life must go on, life won't grind to a halt, stranger's won't share your grief.
Apart from the fact that Your entire post is touching, this part is going to re-play in ma head for a long time.

I said before, on a similar thread -
Missy B:

DaGrin's death is just Like the death of any other person. cool
It could have been a medical Doctor, a madman, a hungry child or just anybody.

In less than 6 months, this Dude's name wouldn't exist on the Lips of many people mourning him today. Let everyone pick a lesson from this. . .Who don Die, Don Die.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by SeXyBoNE: 12:50am On Apr 24, 2010
@Dolemite

you have a point there, but i don't think this is the right time to say such things, that was the same words that came to my mind when i heard he was drunk while driving, I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE OR IN LIFE TO COME TASTE ANYTHING ALCOHOLIC LET ALONE TAKING IT OR ANYTHING THAT WILL CHANGE MY SYSTEM, I always ask my friends, Why Do Like to get Drunk? Can't you just take one or 2 bottles? Must you get drunk? what do you gain from taking alcohol? Because when you get drunk you are always going to hurt yourself and the people around you, we have to be careful with what we indulge in, this life is too sweet to be cut short in few seconds,

Da Grin rest in peace, we all love you and your music, its a pity you have to leave so soon
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Dolemite(f): 12:57am On Apr 24, 2010
SeXyBoNE:

@Dolemite

you have a point there, but i don't think this is the right time to say such things
. . .and when is the right time to say the truth?

SeXyBoNE:

I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE OR IN LIFE TO COME TASTE ANYTHING ALCOHOLIC LET ALONE TAKING IT OR ANYTHING THAT WILL CHANGE MY SYSTEM
btw I'm drinking right now, Friday night long day. . .alcohol is not the problem, but drink driving is.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2010
SeXyBoNE:

@Dolemite

you have a point there, but i don't think this is the right time to say such things, that was the same words that came to my mind when i heard he was drunk while driving, I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE OR IN LIFE TO COME TASTE ANYTHING ALCOHOLIC LET ALONE TAKING IT OR ANYTHING THAT WILL CHANGE MY SYSTEM, I always ask my friends, Why Do Like to get Drunk? Can't you just take one or 2 bottles? Must you get drunk? what do you gain from taking alcohol? Because when you get drunk you are always going to hurt yourself and the people around you, we have to be careful with what we indulge in, this life is too sweet to be cut short in few seconds,

Da Grin rest in peace, we all love you and your music, its a pity you have to leave so soon

Drinking alcohol in moderation won't harm you. Our ancestors have been drinking palm wine since donkey was a boy, and they lived healthy lives. It's drinking alcohol, and getting behind the wheel that's the killer. In this case, sadly a life was lost, thankfully, no one else's, but Da Grin's.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by mamagee3(f): 1:08am On Apr 27, 2010
Unfortunately, he didn't make it alive. . .He died weeks ago. . .
Although I didn't know him as a person or an artist, May his soul rest in Perfect Peace.
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2010
Perhaps we need to begin to see beyond the usual range

who amongst us was present when his car crashed?
Or who was driving with him?
Or does anyone really know exactly what killed him.,.alcohol or not.,.and why he died at the exact time he did?

Noone can exactly say he had that crash becuz he was drunk-driving.,.as long as noone has the luxury of doubt

~and if you are striving hard to learn something from his death, then thats absolutely good, becuz the moment you also lose your life, naturally somebody is going to learn something from your demise

R.I.P C.E.O
Re: Dagrin Must Not Die by funkydot(f): 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2010
You be correct person my guy.You are the nly one making any sense on the situation.Since the only person inside the car at the time of the accident is no more,all this negative talk is just sanctimonous bladderdash.Please stop being so judgemental beause you are talking with facts.Will miss you loads, CEO.Even in death,you rock!RIP Dagrin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBA Housemate POKELLO Looking Seductive In Bikini / Re:tiwa Savage Poses And Annie Idiba In The Kitchen. / TY Bello Shares Photo Breastfeeding One Of Her Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.