Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. (8055 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by Katsumoto: 9:50am On Apr 17, 2010
Omolulu:

well i don't foresee this country breaking up for some time, a very long process and issue in itself, well let's see how it goes after 2011, if IBB successfully becomes president then i might have to hope the break up would be sooner

@ Becomrich
Yorubas don't want to join Benin Republic, are you their agent?

Don't mind that guy; he keeps blabbing on about Benin Republic. Why would Yorubas want to join up with Benin?
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by ChinenyeN(m): 9:54am On Apr 17, 2010
So, inter-tribal marriage is why he thinks it will be impossible for Nigeria to break up? Abeg.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by igboboy1(m): 10:14am On Apr 17, 2010
9jaganja:

So possible!!! By the time it happens many idiots on refugee waiting list in Canada and US will be happy and rejoicing forgetting that they are bastards. We'll see. Nigeria's break up is overdue and is bound to happen how it will happen is unsure. Years after years some group from the North emerge calling for what not as if the nation is theirs alone. A break up or true federalism are the only options for Nigeria. How can the Northerners, Easterners, Westerners be enjoying what they don't have? Milking off just one political zone while same political zone is crippled by poverty? This is madness and we are heading for bloodshed.

more like the west and north milking off one political zone,

Ummm there is oil being tapped from the igbo-ndokwa area in delta state, there is oil being tapped from igbo areas of Rivers State, there is oil being tapped from Abia and Imo as well so who is milking who?

So called Easterners is a term coined by the powers there be to divide the igbos with other Niger delta kin so we we'll see ourselves as different and , How can calabar and akwa ibom be SS but the igbo states SE even though calabar and akwa igbo are more east than the igbo states? Politics
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2010
ChinenyeN:

So, inter-tribal marriage is why he thinks it will be impossible for Nigeria to break up? Abeg.
babangida has memory decay by relating marriage values to his evil ambition.he is infiltrating and capitalizing on every of nigeria problem that we already know;using same as campaign strategy.that guy should go and sit down,nigerians dont want him
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by BigB11(m): 10:32am On Apr 17, 2010
Statements like this is what makes IBB a unique and better leader.

Keep this slogan in mind:
Wisdom is power.
IBB 2011
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by redsun(m): 10:36am On Apr 17, 2010
People underestimate the atrocities of nigerian leaders like ibb just because they can speak english,wear agbada and suits like  dressed up chimps.With their evil actions,they practically kill and destroy millions of lives and what evil can be greater than that?.

IBB IS A KIND OF MAN THAT CAN EVEN KILL HIS OWN CHILDREN TO GET HIS WAY.

An average nigerian leader is ambitiously stupid and evil
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by BigB11(m): 11:02am On Apr 17, 2010
I beg carry go, my friend. You clearly don't know IBB.
If you really want to know this man, say something.
He's currently in Lagos and will be there for at least 1 more week.

Speculation based on baseless information is a bastard.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by debosky(m): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2010
IBB's chief bootlicker and apologist returns with a bang - why am I not surprised?

By your sycophancy I'm sure you'll get a few of the stolen crumbs from the IBB table - I hope that is sufficient to buy your debased conscience.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by redsun(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2010
Big B1:

I beg carry go, my friend. You clearly don't know IBB.
If you really want to know this man, say something.
He's currently in Lagos and will be there for at least 1 more week.

Speculation based on baseless information is a naughty person.

The only person that will take you seriously is the one that is stupid.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by BigB11(m): 11:17am On Apr 17, 2010
Let us wait till 2011.
Time will tell, my friend.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2010
Big B1:

Let us wait till 2011.
Time will tell, my friend.

You said the same thing before 2007 elections
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by BigB11(m): 11:44am On Apr 17, 2010
I did?
Well,the strategy that was implemented in 2007 gave birth to 2011 concept.

Abuja will confirm this post.
Where do you live?
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2010
Big B1:

I did?
Well,the strategy that was implemented in 2007 gave birth to 2011 concept.

Abuja will confirm this post.
Where do you live?

Really? IBB's strategy was to produce Yar'adua after he IBB came out openly with his wife to collect PDP forms? Dont worry he will soon adopt another strategy that will mean he will not run now and will run after death.

is BigB1 = Kasim Afegbua?
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by hobat4cash(m): 11:55am On Apr 17, 2010
Talk of forceful marriage. If a referendum were to be conducted on separation which section of the country will want to stay together and which will want to go their separate ways i think we know the answer to that. Common we are not united (though i wish it were different). Take a look at some nairaland posts which are laced with either religious or tribal sentiments,gosh. As for ibb what else is there to say.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by MsTom(f): 1:26am On Apr 18, 2010
Ibb is making news and we listen with rapt attention and even debate his words. Interesting!
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by Ibime(m): 1:31am On Apr 18, 2010
What is so "insightful" about IBB telling us his wife is Igbo? This thread should be deleted for being "deliberately misleading". cheesy
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by saintneo(m): 2:15am On Apr 18, 2010
old age causes masturbation of empty brains
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by Tuyis: 2:17am On Apr 18, 2010
Annulling a free and fair election is not in my opinion a good way preserving Nigerian unity. Not all Nigerians are intermarried by the way and Intermarriage did not stop the collapse of the Soviet union or Yugoslavia, did it?  

As far as I'm concerned, Babangida lacks any credibility in lecturing even primary school kid on Unity.

I aslo heard he wants to campaign on true federalism ( A con man to the core )  It makes you wonder what he was thinking for the nine years he was "president"

Babangida should please spare Nigerians futher agony by trying to thrust himself upon them once again. He should just go away!
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by sulad82i(m): 2:40am On Apr 18, 2010
If babangida is from the UK, I'm sure he'll say the E.U should turn to one country because they use one common currency. Euro

Ode jati jati
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 2:51am On Apr 18, 2010
well i tink ibb just want to use that statement to bring nigeria together inorder to vote for him after which he will perform his act.pls tell him to sit down
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by Rmc1(m): 2:54am On Apr 18, 2010
IBB will definitly loose in 2011, no sane nigeria will vote for  IBB except he already has plans to rig the election even that plan will fail.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by naijamini(m): 3:00am On Apr 18, 2010
I said it long ago and apologies to his children, but IBB is a pure idiot! His intelligence in military matters does not carry into civilian life. He basically has no ideas of his own. All this crap emanating from his mouth are being designed by the lackys who have not been able to find their footing since he was forced by one of his original foot soldiers, no other than Abacha, to carry his trade somewhere else.

IBB likes to sound and look intelligent, but the only thing upstairs, as with many military men, is a sharp survival instinct and an enlarged ego. In IBB's case, he adds inordinate ambition and megalomania. He is obviously trying to "show" us that he understands how to "fix" Nigeria. Let's see how he is doing.

First, the man talks about true Federalism, then he condemns the quota system in Federal appointments. Gee, wiz kid we all know these are "SOME" of our problems. Do you have answers though?

To the immediate point on the impossibility of dividing Nigeria. Again IBB takes a position so devoid of content it gives you a belly ache, then he takes the Solomon solution and applies it to the Nigerian situation. Obviously, the megalomaniac who doesn't see the contradiction in declaring himself military president is trying to show HIS wisdom of Solomon wink

What nobody told the wiz kid is that this is not two women fighting over a baby. The question of slicing individuals doesn't come up, except in IBB's mind. IBB needs to go and ask Eriteria and Ethiopia, two nations so closely related that even relatives continue to be part of the government of the two nations after their bloody separation. Breaking up Nigeria is not going to be easy, and may never happen, but only IBB's mind would create a strawman situation and then declare it impossible.

IBB dwells in fallacies, and fallacies are usually hard to distinguish from truth. Moreover, it makes  the speaker seem intelligent to the gullible mind. If Nigerians really want to have a unified nation stay away from Babangida and his chop I chop politics, he will be the only one chopping at the end of the day, and you would be the mumus.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 18, 2010
saintneo:

old age causes self-service of empty brains
lol
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by pete(m): 4:05am On Apr 18, 2010
Which IBB are we talking about here? THE SAME DELE GIWA IBB? address NUJ? what a shame. SOme times my heart cries when I see and hear the kind of stuff that happens in Nigeria

I'll hate to see IBB rule Nigeria again, I hope it never happens, but anything goes in Nigeria, sorry to say

Few years ago I was talking to one of Gani's acquaintances at his office. I told him, I said, do you know with the way things are going Obansanjo would rule this country?, the guy was in tears giving me some many reasons why it would NEVER happen, he took me through memory lane and assured me, that would never happen. The rest is history. But its my prayer that IBB doesn't shame us again as a people

Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by platinumnk(f): 4:34am On Apr 18, 2010
Of Course Seun would put this silly advocate on the front page.
I would be ashamed, intermariages are not the reason to halt a break up.

LOL, this just proves how silly Nigerian Politicians are.
[size=28pt]The Cookie is already crumbling[/size] cool
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by EzeUche(m): 4:48am On Apr 18, 2010
My Yoruba babes can come to my village and live. grin

Our children can have dual nationality.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by sjeezy8: 5:08am On Apr 18, 2010
debosky:

IBB's chief bootlicker and apologist returns with a bang - why am I not surprised?

By your sycophancy I'm sure you'll get a few of the stolen crumbs from the IBB table - I hope that is sufficient to buy your debased conscience.

hm kosovo

@ post if nigeria break up fine if not fine, if ibb becomes presido fine if not fine. e no matta
All those that want Nigeria to break up should start civil war.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by EzeUche(m): 5:21am On Apr 18, 2010
sjeezy8:

hm kosovo

@ post if nigeria break up fine if not fine, if ibb becomes presido fine if not fine. e no matta
All those that want Nigeria to break up should start civil war.

Well we can start on our very own campus. I have been waiting to get into a fight with one of you tight pants wearing Yoruba guys who are always running after my Igbo babes.
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by becomricha: 5:34am On Apr 18, 2010
Here is the nigeria constitution

Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by CrudeOil2(m): 7:53am On Apr 18, 2010
Damn! Nigeria is a big disgrace. IBB of all people talking. . .
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by platinumnk(f): 8:57am On Apr 18, 2010
EzeUche:

Well we can start on our very own campus. I have been waiting to get into a fight with one of you tight pants wearing Yoruba guys who are always running after my Igbo babes.
**dies**  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
what is up with those pants mehn  grin grin grin, makes one think they dont have anything to pack hence the tightness grin cheesy grin
Re: Ibb- Nigeria’s Break-up Impossible. by ivhurie: 9:30am On Apr 18, 2010
@redsun: if you like you can go ahead running your MOUTH foolishly without thinkin, do you know the allegation you placed on IBB about poisoning his wife can kill you. Why are some people so daft as to not to think of their words before they blurt it out. REDSUN BE WISE.

@becomericha:You want deltans, yorubas and igbo's to break away from Nigeria, and that all the Northern Military mean should back up this cause. Do you know if the south-south have to leave Nigeria this nation is going to SUFFER drasctically. You are saying Jonathan should do it or else the Military would. Let me brak it nice and slow for you when the Niger-Delta leaves the OIL which Nigeria so depends on goes with us. What would the country do then? Oooo, abi u want to say 'we would deal on Agriculture'? You should ask the farmers they are all suffering. The money this country gets is from 90% from oil if not 95 and here saying Jonathan a man from the south should join in the Break up of Nigeria he will be Glad to but he is a man who Isnt self centered like most people here, he wants the best for everybody. We are all at fault here even the the South-south, so no one should go pointing fingers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pics: Biafrans Storm 10 Downing Street This Afternoon In Protest / 2019 Polls: Don’t Return Thieves To Power, APC Warns(The Nation) / 2019: 8 Million People Have Not Collected Their Pvcs, INEC Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.