Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola (17672 Views)

SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbajabiamila To Publish Reports On Corruption Probes / John Yakubu Yusuf: EFCC Probes Why Convicted Pension Thief Is Not In Jail / Frequent Probes Are Distracting Me – Fashola Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by kirajustice: 8:28am On Jan 30, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Nigeria's minister for Power, Works, and Housing, Babatunde Fashola has cried out that the frequent probes by the House of Representatives on issues affecting the Ministry are distracting him.

On Wednesday, Fashola vented his frustration to the assembly while facing an investigative hearing on the transmission company of Nigeria(TCN) organized by the House representatives committee on power.

“We closed here last week and we are resuming this week with this committee. Committees of the House also will be asking us of our budget performance and we just need to work in the office so that we can also perform. So, I think there’s a sense here that I respectfully ask you to sufficiently use this time so we can also work to serve the Nigerian people.

We have a letter dated December 20, 2017, and that letter was issued under the name of one Nnamdi D. Onuigwe Esqr, Committee Clerk. And, it’s from the House of Representatives, saying the House has constituted an ad hoc committee on the need to investigate the Fiscal Responsibility and Procurement Acts by the TCN. It was pursuant to House resolution 114/ADHOT/TCN2 of December 20."

Now, we were waiting to be invited by the ad hoc committee when we got this letter asking us to come today, signed by Ibrahim Sidi, Committee Clerk pursuant to House resolution 189 of December 5, 2017. Although, it’s headed as “Need To facilitate Swift action on management of TCN Electric Power Reforms, it goes in the body to ask us to come and explain to this investigative committee the interim management of TCN on the delay in the implementation of projects such as the Nigerian Electricity Gas Improvement project that will improve power sector in Nigeria.

So, I seek clarification in order to assist the committee in its work and if it’s possible, to harmonize all of what we want to do together, bearing in mind that this House substantially is handling some possibly over-lapping issues."

https://politicsngr.com/frequent-probes-distracting-fashola-cries/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by flexxyworld(m): 8:36am On Jan 30, 2018
ok
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Mariangeles(f): 8:40am On Jan 30, 2018
Keep complaining and making excuses...
If you had been diligent and transparent in carrying out your duties, there wouldn't be need for probes now... would there?

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Paperwhite(m): 8:43am On Jan 30, 2018
Thought the propaganda anti-corruption fight is one of the cardinal policy of the APC government? Fashola have had enough of their own dose of medicine undecided
So this over-hyped wonder man does not believe in accountability in governance after all the moral baggage that have been trailing him in this regime.
To think that he is even a SAN got one thinking.SMH!

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by ivandragon: 8:49am On Jan 30, 2018
lol...

Fashola, you are the political head of the ministry (or as pmb prefers, the noisemaker), & it is your job to provide cover & deal with the political side of things while allowing the professionals to work & deliver on the targets...

or is Fashola scared of being probed?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Omeokachie: 9:28am On Jan 30, 2018
If you are transparent there won't have been need for a probe.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:35am On Jan 30, 2018
I'm still searching for a saint in our Party, APC embarassed undecided

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by madridguy(m): 9:36am On Jan 30, 2018
grin grin
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by AlienRobot: 10:26am On Jan 30, 2018
Oga Fash, open your eyes make you see road

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by rocknation62(m): 11:00am On Jan 30, 2018
Una sef they distract us with the empty promises.....

Pls allow us concentrate.......

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by BruncleZuma: 11:00am On Jan 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin

This guy nah ogbonge clown...

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 30, 2018
JUST CONTINUE DOING YOUR WORK SIR!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by judecares1(m): 11:00am On Jan 30, 2018
APC CAN NEVER BE TIRED OF COMPLAINING

5 Likes

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by gurunlocker: 11:00am On Jan 30, 2018

They will never agree that they are failure, if you are not corrupt, will they say you are? Why are you not able to defend part of the budget in your ministry when asked? or you think they will skip that because you are FASHOLA?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by luvinhubby(m): 11:00am On Jan 30, 2018
Fashola, like his co-travellers in APC, are shameless liars. cheesy

He thinks operating in the federal level is same thing as operating as a state governor, where he uses N78 million to update website.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 30, 2018
When GEJ said the same thing yesterday, did you listen, you borehole thief

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by joystickextend1(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2018
alright

Meanwhile guys check out my profile for your extender products and other adult fantasy toys
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Swiftlee(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2018
Buhari must go! Mission back to daura!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by mfm04622: 11:05am On Jan 30, 2018
ivandragon:
lol...

Fashola, you are the political head of the ministry (or as pmb prefers, the noisemaker), & it is your job to provide cover & deal with the political side of things while allowing the professionals to work & deliver on the targets...

or is Fashola scared of being probed?

He is not only the cover provider, his main job is decision making! How does he do that when he spend all his time with one committee or the other reviewing his past decision? The professionals are to provide with with information he need to make decisions and then implement decisions he has made

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by ammyluv2002(f): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2018
Finally, he admits to not working! I feel for him tho...so many responsibilities resting on the shoulders of just one man. I don't expect much from him...yes, he did so well when he was the governor and I give him kudos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2018
Then you should kindly resign and face your charges Sir.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Drsheddy(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2018
J
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Aieboocaar(m): 11:05am On Jan 30, 2018
what an epic show of bufoonery!! angry

Before 2015: Any serious Government can fix power within 6months!!

Three painful years later: Too much probe distracting me undecided

God will punish anybody that keep supporting these set of wicked politicians whether PDP or APC

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by nawtyme: 11:05am On Jan 30, 2018
I wish you had this kind of sense when you said a responsible government will fix the power problem of the country in 6 months.

Don't worry, the BMC on Nairaland will give you this kind of support......

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by free2ryhme: 11:06am On Jan 30, 2018
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

Nigeria's minister for Power, Works, and Housing, Babatunde Fashola has cried out that the frequent probes by the House of Representatives on issues affecting the Ministry are distracting him.

On Wednesday, Fashola vented his frustration to the assembly while facing an investigative hearing on the transmission company of Nigeria(TCN) organized by the House representatives committee on power.

“We closed here last week and we are resuming this week with this committee. Committees of the House also will be asking us of our budget performance and we just need to work in the office so that we can also perform. So, I think there’s a sense here that I respectfully ask you to sufficiently use this time so we can also work to serve the Nigerian people.

We have a letter dated December 20, 2017, and that letter was issued under the name of one Nnamdi D. Onuigwe Esqr, Committee Clerk. And, it’s from the House of Representatives, saying the House has constituted an ad hoc committee on the need to investigate the Fiscal Responsibility and Procurement Acts by the TCN. It was pursuant to House resolution 114/ADHOT/TCN2 of December 20."

Now, we were waiting to be invited by the ad hoc committee when we got this letter asking us to come today, signed by Ibrahim Sidi, Committee Clerk pursuant to House resolution 189 of December 5, 2017. Although, it’s headed as “Need To facilitate Swift action on management of TCN Electric Power Reforms, it goes in the body to ask us to come and explain to this investigative committee the interim management of TCN on the delay in the implementation of projects such as the Nigerian Electricity Gas Improvement project that will improve power sector in Nigeria.

So, I seek clarification in order to assist the committee in its work and if it’s possible, to harmonize all of what we want to do together, bearing in mind that this House substantially is handling some possibly over-lapping issues."

https://politicsngr.com/frequent-probes-distracting-fashola-cries/

fashola, there is nothing wrong if you subdelegate some responsibilities of yours to someone else.

the black man mentality want to do everything and take all the glory forgetting that if they become incapacitated this instant the same ministry you carry for head like your papa business will still function without you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by ArcFresky(m): 11:06am On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
Keep complaining and making excuses...
If you had been diligent and transparent in carrying out your duties, there wouldn't be need for probes now... would there?

Aieboocaar:
another mad man on the loose

Emeskhalifa:
Then you should kindly resign and face your charges Sir.

gurunlocker:

They will never agree that they are failure, if you are not corrupt, will they say you are? Why are you not able to defend part of the budget in your ministry when asked? or you think they will skip that because you are FASHOLA?

Paperwhite:
Thought the propaganda anti-corruption fight is one of the cardinal policy of the APC government? Fashola have had enough of their own dose of medicine undecided
So this over-hyped wonder man does not believe in accountability in governance after all the moral baggage that have been trailing him in this regime.
To think that he is even a SAN got one thinking.SMH!

Some of you don't think before typing,

7 Likes

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 30, 2018
Chai

1 Like

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by neoclassical: 11:07am On Jan 30, 2018
This over-hyped performer. I remember his comments during GEJ's regime over Nigerian's power situation. Now he is the Minister of Power, and power generation has become a rocket science.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by sango147(m): 11:07am On Jan 30, 2018
which work? Stop deceiving yourself

modelmike7:
JUST CONTINUE DOING YOUR WORK SIR!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by freemanbubble: 11:07am On Jan 30, 2018
isoright

we have heard you sire!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Commissions 2X60MVA &132/33KV Transmission Substation In Lagos / Buhari Government, Shi’ites Negotiating In Secret Over El-Zakzaky - Daily Post / 14 Ondo House Members Sign For Impeachment Of Ajayi Agboola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.