Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola (17686 Views)

SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbajabiamila To Publish Reports On Corruption Probes / John Yakubu Yusuf: EFCC Probes Why Convicted Pension Thief Is Not In Jail / Frequent Probes Are Distracting Me – Fashola Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
angelbulksms:

Let's be honest, non-diligence is out of it. At least, Power Supply has remarkably improved in the past few weeks. Thank God for that. smiley

So if power temporarily improves for 21 days then that's a good news?

Meanwhile Fashola has failed as a power minister n even if he remains there for 25 years, It will still be same .
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by bornolowu(m): 4:42pm On Jan 30, 2018
mfm04622:

He is not only the cover provider, his main job is decision making! How does he do that when he spend all his time with one committee or the other reviewing his past decision? The professionals are to provide with with information he need to make decisions and then implement decisions he has made
keep calm and read what u wrote.... in a good society, he should have resigned for been involved in corrupt allegation or for not been able to defend the budget.. you re supposed to be a leader of tomorrow..wise up fellow!!

2 Likes

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by tiger28: 4:58pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
Keep complaining and making excuses...
If you had been diligent and transparent in carrying out your duties, there wouldn't be need for probes now... would there?
Tell him o! Awon Ole! This guy is going to be the sacrificial lamb in the next administration (just like dasuki). Efcc should beam their light on Plycon Construction, that has always been Fashola's front when he was lagos governor. It is run by young boys riding the best porsches and g wagons. Awon ole!!!
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by sapientia(m): 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
ArcFresky:

Please think and type.. I want to read yours.

Some of your don't think before typing,
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by ivandragon: 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
mfm04622:

Go back and read the story. As he is appearing before them, he has another invitation to still appear before them. He is asking that all the matter to be discussed be consolidated so he can come once and for all and have time to face his duty. Does what he is saying make sense?

look. I don't understand your angst about Fashola appearing 100 times before the NAss. As long as there are issues to be cleared, he needs to appear.

again, I reiterate, as the political head of the Ministry, one of his CORE functions is dealing with the political fallouts of what happens in the ministry which is why ministers are expendable.

if it was just about taking decisions, I would feel that a professional would have been made minister of such a dynamic & technical ministry, not a lawyer.

its the same way the president takes the brunt of criticism for his/her adminstration even when such a leader might not be conversant with the dynamics of some of his ministries...
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by ivandragon: 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
bornolowu:
keep calm and read what u wrote.... in a good society, he should have resigned for been involved in corrupt allegation or for not been able to defend the budget.. you re supposed to be a leader of tomorrow..wise up fellow!!

that's it.

Fashola's 'ministries' are requesting for a combined total of approx. N300b plus for year 2018, but he doesn't want to clearly explain what he did with N90b in year 2017.

1 Like

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by deomelllo: 6:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
ArcFresky:

Some of you don't think before typing,

With hate, bigotry and bitterness clouding your judgement, it's very very hard to think, read and comprehend.
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by deomelllo: 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2018
ivandragon:

look. I don't understand your angst about Fashola appearing 100 times before the NAss. As long as there are issues to be cleared, he needs to appear.

again, I reiterate, as the political head of the Ministry, one of his CORE functions is dealing with the political fallouts of what happens in the ministry which is why ministers are expendable.

if it was just about taking decisions, I would feel that a professional would have been made minister of such a dynamic & technical ministry, not a lawyer.

its the same way the president takes the brunt of criticism for his/her adminstration even when such a leader might not be conversant with the dynamics of some of his ministries...

I think the best thing to do is to just permanently park the minister at the NAS with his own room, bed and office so they can ask him all the questions they desire anytime any day, this way, he can not go back to his official duties.

1 Like

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by ivandragon: 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2018
deomelllo:

I think the best thing to do is to just permanently park the minister at the NAS with his own room, bed and office so they can ask him all the questions they desire anytime any day, this way, he can not go back to his official duties.

I think we are overlooking the key reasons why Fashola is been 'probed' extensively...

1. his schedule combines 3 major sectors... Works, Housing & Power. in the NAss, these sectors are distinct, hence he needs to be grilled on each one separately...

2. Fashola is requesting for a combined total of between N350b-N400b for his ministries in the 2018 budget, but he seems reluctant to provide clear details of how the funds for 2017 were expended...

3. he is the political head, it is natural that he would be subjected to rigorous scrutiny. he needs to play it smart so as to be able to get the required funds he needs for 2018. this is just a phase, at most within a fortnight, he will be done & dusted...

besides, when he was applauded for some developments last week or thereabouts, why didn't he complain then? why now that things are getting hot for him?
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by bejeria101(m): 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2018
If na pdp now,your zombies would be barking like dogs and yet you want us to ignore and keep silent because its APC! Party of intergrity,awon oponu radarada!
Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by deomelllo: 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
ivandragon:

I think we are overlooking the key reasons why Fashola is been 'probed' extensively...

1. his schedule combines 3 major sectors... Works, Housing & Power. in the NAss, these sectors are distinct, hence he needs to be grilled on each one separately...

2. Fashola is requesting for a combined total of between N350b-N400b for his ministries in the 2018 budget, but he seems reluctant to provide clear details of how the funds for 2017 were expended...

3. he is the political head, it is natural that he would be subjected to rigorous scrutiny. he needs to play it smart so as to be able to get the required funds he needs for 2018. this is just a phase, at most within a fortnight, he will be done & dusted...

besides, when he was applauded for some developments last week or thereabouts, why didn't he complain then? why now that things are getting hot for him?

You missed the minister's viewpoint.

1. He did not say he should not be probed or asked any questions, he's basically asking them to consolidate and streamline their questions and request for appearance instead of different people from the same committees requesting appearances everyday.

Where is the sense and wisdom in keeping the man there several times a week?

2. The reps are used to making money via padding from the 3 major ministries, but all that stopped under Fashola, this is what's driving them crazy. It's all about Fashoa blocking their corrupt ways and practices.

3. He is not complaining, he's asking them to do their job with basic common sense, there are tons of projects, programs, meetings and countless official activities in need of the minister's attention so it is very illogical to keep him there week after week.

4. Oversight at the NAS is just one of the minister's official duties, not all.

He noted that most of the issues of investigation in TCN, predates the present administration took over power in 2015, “it happened when TCN and Manitoba had a management. He (Consultant) worked in Manitoba or worked for them. So if you’re investigating the organization he once worked for, and he’s also advising you about how to investigate an organization in which he or his superior will have questions to answer to you, you then decide on how to proceed.”

https://www.businessdayonline.com/installation-capacity-critical-unlocking-12000mw-power-generation-fashola/

Regarding the above article quote, the reps are probing the minister and TCN activities when TCN was under contract with Manitoba, the government terminated Manitoba and kicked them out, but today, one of the people running Manitoba that our government sacked is now a consultant, a foreigner working with the NAS and paid by the NAS and the Nigerian taxpayers to investigate the minister.

Imagine out own reps, probing a siting minister about activities before his time in office and the key consultant is the same man from the same company the government of Nigeria sacked and kicked out.

We all know what is going on here, this is about the minister blocking their crooked and corrupt ways and the NAS trying to get back at the minister with the help of the same crooked and corrupt people they used to collude with to loot us that FG sacked to give them pointers to go after the minister with.

There is nothing sane and formal about their silly requests for appearance because we both know these useless reps care less about Nigeria or any ministry, all they are after is what to put in their own pockets.

These are nothing but useless and unpatriotic group of people pretending and forming oversight.

6. If they really do care about Nigeria or any power project situation, why not start by probing and asking what happened to the $20 billion power fund? Or the hundreds of abandoned power projects and power tools and equipment left to rot away all over the country.

1 Like

Re: Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola by ArcFresky(m): 11:13am On Jan 31, 2018
deomelllo:

With hate, bigotry and bitterness clouding your judgement, it's very very hard to think, read and comprehend.

grin grin grin, see pot calling kettle black...
What did I say that is near hate or bigotry.

My simple reaction, that wants people to think before commenting is now termed as hate!! grin

Oga, go back to school

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

52 Retired Generals Endorse Buhari’s Second Term Bid / Do We Nigerians Really Live In Less Than One Dollar Par Day ? / Buhari Government, Shi’ites Negotiating In Secret Over El-Zakzaky - Daily Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.